PDA

View Full Version : Boooooring January - gimme more events guys

slauki
01-15-2018, 02:23 PM
Hey guys, would like to hear your opinion on this topic:

many guys complained, that november and december were too grind intense.
i'd slightly agree, although i was very okay with all the events.

now they slowed down the pace and for me personally this month is damn boring. not enough action not enough events. i'd love to see more cool grinding events in february.

what do you think?

Mariner-1212
01-15-2018, 02:33 PM
This month was boring, but I was good with that. I've been farming and restocking all of my reserves since I burned through a lot of it Nov/Dec. I would prefer to be getting fragments while running LOL, but I can't complain. Plus, less events means NF has a chance to work on more fresh content, which I'm all for. Now, if it's still like this for the next two months, I'd get bored... but a slow month here and there is acceptable IMO.

TheAlbatross-1864
01-15-2018, 02:42 PM
A game update may be on the way soon. if you look at the game update threads, the ones labeled "game update" specifically, usually drop around the 18-21 of the month. Or at least the update post is posted then. It has been that way for the past few months.So, hopefully within this week we will get one? I hope it brings the seventh son Eddie and some new stuff to do.

Yup
01-15-2018, 02:45 PM
Actually I think the pace in January is better... more of a few days on, few days off, type of thing. I much prefer it. And it would seem to be more sustainable overall monthly than the pace at which November and December unfolded. I can't play all day everyday most of the time. So a bit of breathing room is nice.

iPoop
01-15-2018, 03:43 PM
Actually I think the pace in January is better... more of a few days on, few days off, type of thing. I much prefer it. And it would seem to be more sustainable overall monthly than the pace at which November and December unfolded. I can't play all day everyday most of the time. So a bit of breathing room is nice.

I agree with you Yup.

blade685
01-15-2018, 03:44 PM
it is so boring yes and with only one new character loot (viking eddie that i don't use for now) in several month :rolleyes:

FallenAngel666
01-15-2018, 04:07 PM
As you know Slauki I decided a log ago to stay out from the forum....but with a topic like that i decided to intervent as....for me nice events are never enough.
Events are what is keeping the game alive and beautiful, so the more they are the better it is if they are well structured as they actually are

GotN
01-15-2018, 04:31 PM
For me january is really ok as november and december were really time consuming. And there is a PvP event to come, so something for one who wants to play 24/7 😉 I’m really fine with that!

slauki
01-15-2018, 05:15 PM
thanks for the replies. would have thought that more have the same opinion, interesting. well, at least we have 4 more to come this month.

Mariner-1212
01-15-2018, 05:24 PM
I love events, the more the better. But if you look at December, there were so many events that made it feel like you were really missing out if you didn't grind away all day/all week. I think this month's feel is more Participate if you want, and if you don't, you didn't miss out on crucial things. That's where I see it as a nice break month. But I'm ready for the fury come February.

Amarthir
01-15-2018, 05:43 PM
I like how things are going so far in this month. Since life is keeping me from investing as much time as I used to, I've been spending more time here instead reading everyone's comments. I like the more relaxed pace compared to the last couple months. I expect the game update to be out anywhere from today to Friday since it coincides with their mid-month prediction. I'll jump back in and test the waters once the update comes out, hopefully a new feature will come with it.

Patrice-1201
01-15-2018, 05:52 PM
I like how things are going so far in this month. Since life is keeping me from investing as much time as I used to, I've been spending more time here instead reading everyone's comments. I like the more relaxed pace compared to the last couple months. I expect the game update to be out anywhere from today to Friday since it coincides with their mid-month prediction. I'll jump back in and test the waters once the update comes out, hopefully a new feature will come with it.

I also quite like the more relaxed pace this month, we all have a life after all. This month to me is perfect (apart from the ludicrous 666 souls drop rates of course. Usually game updates happen on Wednesdays so let’s see if this holds true.

Chaosego888
01-15-2018, 09:40 PM
I vote for more events, most aren't that much of a burden, just a way to get something extra out of what we are doing anyway. I would like to see an occasional event that is more for the end gamers though. We need another Immortal Soul event!

Sponholz
01-15-2018, 10:20 PM
It's nice to have a break, please note that some, if not most, of the players that comes here to post and read on this forums play a LOT more then an average player.

If you take that into account, and the fact that even the daily players have work/family/other stuffs to do outside the game, the time becomes your enemy proportionally to the number of events.

And I think that on January until mid-February is the time of the year people travel and/or are on vacation from school/work.

I, as a daily player, prefer a mid-term month, November and December was a little too much, and the break from those months on January is very welcome.

But, I would like a middle ground there, that whenever you are in the game, there is something for you to do, but if you miss a couple of days on the events you would still have a chance to fulfill it.

In all honesty I think most of us don't have that much of time to grind 24/7 on LotB. I would totally be trying to stay in-game messing around on the Arena/Events all day if I had the time to do so.

Cheers!!! Ed.

Tim28213
01-15-2018, 11:28 PM
I like the events recently, but I really appreciate the lighter month this month. I'm taking a class outside of work so my year is off to an especially busy start.
Valentine's is coming, anniversary, birthday... A break once in a while is actually welcome.
I agree with the comments about finally having a chance to catch up on evolution materials and talismans a bit.

Sparton_LOTB
01-15-2018, 11:39 PM
It's definitely interesting to see everyone's thoughts on what is "too much" or "too little" events in a month.

We definitely targeted January to be a bit leaner than November's and December's events, because fatigue for having too many events that involve grinding constantly is definitely something we feel impacts a lot of players. That said, January's events are also a bit... back heavy, so it's pretty understandable that some players are feeling we've had a slow month so far.

February will definitely have a bit of an uptick in activity including some new ways of getting rewards from events, though, so perhaps that'll help make it so we can have events running more often without players feeling the need to be grinding constantly for events that interest them.

scott-5496
01-16-2018, 10:52 AM
Personally I think that the more events the better. If you miss some that too is OK. One or two other games I play more casually do a re-run of certain events so people do not miss out - they can be a day long a or a few days and then they are repeated - not for hugely important prizes of course but say for this game an event over a day to get a skill shard or a rare talisman or the like. If you miss it on a Tuesday one week you can get on a different day the next week sort of thing.

Patrice-1201
01-16-2018, 02:58 PM
It's definitely interesting to see everyone's thoughts on what is "too much" or "too little" events in a month.

We definitely targeted January to be a bit leaner than November's and December's events, because fatigue for having too many events that involve grinding constantly is definitely something we feel impacts a lot of players. That said, January's events are also a bit... back heavy, so it's pretty understandable that some players are feeling we've had a slow month so far.

February will definitely have a bit of an uptick in activity including some new ways of getting rewards from events, though, so perhaps that'll help make it so we can have events running more often without players feeling the need to be grinding constantly for events that interest them.

Very curious but very happy about this response... If we can span the grind across multiple instances that will be awesome.

Fudjo
01-16-2018, 08:41 PM

I've personally liked the relaxed pace of this month after the frenzy of November and December. As someone who's been playing for over a year, a big factor in how "relaxed" it feels for me is whether I feel I can pass on an event without feeling like I've missed out on something. If it's a bunch of events where you're grinding for event-exclusive characters, then it'll feel hectic. If it's an event where you're grinding for non-exclusives or previously-released characters (like the 666 event), then it feels more relaxed.

So, I think you can have the best of both worlds by having a mix of those types of events each month.

T-Man
01-16-2018, 10:21 PM
Hey guys, would like to hear your opinion on this topic:

many guys complained, that november and december were too grind intense.
i'd slightly agree, although i was very okay with all the events.

now they slowed down the pace and for me personally this month is damn boring. not enough action not enough events. i'd love to see more cool grinding events in february.

what do you think?

I'm with you on this. The events are the only thing keeping me interested at the moment. The end of month looks more interesting.

Ezz
01-16-2018, 10:31 PM
If they can get some of the things on the state of the nation list going here soon then I think the pace of events this month will suffice.
If those things are still a ways off then I think an events pace like November is good to keep folks engaged without feeling like overkill.

slauki
01-16-2018, 11:16 PM
happy to have so many responses here. yeah a mix would be the best for sure. some grinding events and some chilled ones. cool that sparton chimed in, looking forward to see what's cooking next. as said some more action would be very welcome for me...

Coletrain
01-17-2018, 01:43 PM
For me December’s events were a bit too much considering that it is a time that many including myself spend with family. I think it’s nice to have a slower January month to balance that out. I’m looking forward to all of the planned updates, but now with a slower month I don’t feel like I’m going to miss something and I can recharge my batteries a bit.

Personally I think that the more events the better. If you miss some that too is OK. One or two other games I play more casually do a re-run of certain events so people do not miss out - they can be a day long a or a few days and then they are repeated - not for hugely important prizes of course but say for this game an event over a day to get a skill shard or a rare talisman or the like. If you miss it on a Tuesday one week you can get on a different day the next week sort of thing.

Now this would be interesting. It could be nice if certain events were re-run to give those players who didn’t have a chance to partake a second chance. I would run them concurrently with new events.

Inishmore
01-17-2018, 04:53 PM
I feel a little bit like Slauki it did get quieter. On the other hand taking things a little bit slower is nice as well. 12 months like November or December would get any of us that are married a guaranteed divorce. Which would rather be a unworthy Legacy of the Beast:cool:

slauki
01-29-2018, 03:31 PM
wanted to bump the thread since january is almost over. for me personally it was the worst month for a while, since there was not much to do. don't wanna discuss the metashifts here, i'm only referring to the events.

i cannot remember one really exiting event, so let's take a look:

- sentinel resucuer fragment event: standard grinding for a more than mediocre toon --> okayish
- 666 event --> farming as always for some extra rewards ---> okayish
- proliferation of scales ---> i like this one, it was the best event of the month for me. --> thumbs up for this one!
- all dungeon weekend --> this was an event? at least it was better than the infamous cyborg monday "event", although not by much
- sacrifice for the chosen one --> eventwise this was nothing special so very underwhelming for me. sacrifice for some extra souls, that's about it.
- colosseum of magi --> standard pvp event. for me personally the worst reward structure of all, because it'S too talisman oriented. yeah cool to have them and all, but 400 fights for a set of the blue ones is too much i think. it doesn't motivate me to do much more than every week.

summary:
slow january with slow events was pretty boring for me. it's definetly okay to have some quiet times with less action, but a whole month with very little action (aside pvp event and proliferation of scales) is too much if you ask me. i would wish some more cool stuff to come which gives us a good reason to grind (immortal event for example :p )

would be cool if other could jump in as well and take a look backwards and write their summaries.

cheers

Mariner-1212
01-29-2018, 03:48 PM
...would be cool if other could jump in as well and take a look backwards and write their summaries.

cheers

Sure, I'll jump in.

- sentinel rescuer fragment: Good enough
- 666 event: Cool
- proliferation of scales: Agree this was great, finished all the big talis on it
- all dungeon weekend: I liked this event a lot back when I was a level 50, and you've gotta cater to every player level, so I'm good with it
- sacrifice for the chosen one: Nothing new here - if I had pulled toons I didn't have, it would've been excellent - but I didn't, so it sucked big time for me - which says nothing about the event, really. It is what it is.
- colosseum of magi: I actually like this event a lot. And I like the current meta that makes it decent to grind it. If GCOTD wasn't OP (I'll admit now that he is but still not in favor of a nerf) I don't think I'd play this event as much. He's on every defense and every offense, and that's good by me. I'd rather lose a match in 20 seconds and try again than lose after 4 minutes. I agree that past events with the fragments were nice too, but I enjoy something new so I'm very happy with the talismans.

To summarize January:
It brought us the best Eddie in a very long time; anyone that listened to Maiden as a kid surely has this one near the top of their list, and he doesn't disappoint. The meta has changed to a faster pace in PVP making it much more fun, even though you're facing the same teams over and over when near the top. GCOTD, VHE, Red Buzz and an Astra, anyone? And for those with 7th son, he's in for VHE. The month was slower/less demanding, and it was a welcomed break. I'm ready to jump back into an event-filled February thanks to the break. Lastly, while every end-game player will agree that Cyborg Monday and All Dungeon Weekend are useless to us (and funny), they are exciting and necessary for those starting out / getting into the game. I would have loved some Cyborg troopers back in the early months, when I didn't have any Troopers with him out. It's important to keep the early ones active to build up more long-term players so for that, I'll welcome these bottom- and mid-range events. Doesn't mean we can't laugh at them though. \m/

Yup
01-29-2018, 04:53 PM
I just gotta say.. the Seventh Son album was when I sort of stopped following Maiden.... I found it unlike previous albums and overall much more commercial and repetitive. So, while I certainly see why it's a staple of the discography for some. It's not the "fond" album release for all. :)

It's like Metallica's black album.. yes it brought them thousands or millions of more fans, but the Bob Rock production was overall watered down and unlike previous releases, alienating some core fans.

At some point a band makes so much money and is doing so well that it loses touch with the "streets" and it's initial following. i found the Seventh Son album to be that point for Maiden.

---------------------

As for January Events...

As posted, I though they were good. And paced much better than Nov/Dec events. Not sure the Magus souls are wonderful for the last event, but the skill shards and talismans kind of offset that. I'd have preferred just standard Legendary/Rare souls over teh Magus souls, but not a big issue.

Blade
01-29-2018, 07:30 PM
I really like these reviews and I took great benefit of them in the beginning of the game! But my opinion is close to the other's:

- sentinel rescuer fragment: I really like these kind of events. First you get a new toon (yes, I am a collector). Second you can try to auto-grind the hell out of the specific stages because apart from the fragments you can receive a LOT of nice resources (especially as you know that there is a sac event in the end of the month) and obviously you can get more than the one new toon for later sacrifice. This is especially nice as the fragments do not clog your BoS before you convert them. Plus the remaining fragments become "precious" afterwards!
- 666 event: Basically the same as above. As I had the 3 toons already and history showed that I am unlucky with event souls I did not participate more than the normal daily grind for the troopers
- proliferation of scales: This was awesome! Due to that I finally took time to built up auto-farm teams for level X. Becauso of the high event density in Nov&Dec I did not touch the new missions until then. So now I knew what I was looking for in BNW. It took me a lot of ironite, but it was worth it also to "fill up" the stocks of talisman upgrade material.
- all dungeon weekend: Nice for those who were short in upgrade material for the sac event. Some extra bonus would have been nice for the others but I did not care, as I am not willing to play that much at the weekends anyway
- sacrifice for the chosen one: A real disappointment for me! You think of bad luck with the souls? No not really, as I did not even try that much. I was close to one vortex fill anyway, so I did a tier6 sac and slowly plopped the received event souls (one after the other, separated over days), but I did not get 7th son, all 3*. No problem for me, as he is not exclusive for these souls. VHE will stay my top Eddie, thats ok :) The reason for the disappointment: To me (personal opinion?) this was not a real "sacrifice" event! To me a real sac event should give you 1) better rewards also for lower tiers 2) more/better rewards for a vortex like more skill shards etc. The best example of such an event was the pumpkin slaughter and I really hoped for this one as my other dream, a "reindeer slaughter" over christmas, did not come true :) So I will continue to hord materials and souls for a "proper" sac event and another soul event with higher chances for 4* characters as I got almost all of my good toons from these events. Especially as I know that my chances getting exactly those 4 characters that my collection is lacking are quite low. But I guess until the next events in that direction happen, several new toons might be released, so everything will be fine (hopefully)
- colosseum of magi: Well I am ok with these events. Quite "similar" to other area events. Even that similar that the names of several reward tiers have not been changed since the Monarch :D I think its great that many people join the funny&easy defence strategy! When have you seen e.g. the sandworms in action for the last time?? :D
BUT apart of the fun part I am not too happy with the high demands for these events. Last time I reached 297 - very unlucky! But a lot of connection problems during train travel on the last day... and even if I hit the 300... my aim was 400! But it was just not possible. Christmas, family... you remeber those things? So I really think that 300 wins should give you the proper reward, like the full set of something (btw to me a set means e.g. 1*bulk, 1*will & 1*ons! So many toons with random damage but only one type of talisman?). Everything above 300-350 is insane (to me)! And giving awards till 1000 wins will encourage some people that cannot control their playing behavior... maybe 500 is enough for the "hardliners" and we have more reward stages with "smaller" rewards? Or another idea (that did already happen): count number of matches, not wins and/or give specific rewards (fragments?) for wins in addition?

Just my thoughts! Sorry for long text, that was not planned... But good for english practice

Cheers!

Amarthir
01-29-2018, 07:55 PM
- sentinel rescuer fragment event: pretty boring, in the end I sac'd her cuz I'm sure she'll be back.

- 666 event: I was on a break during this event, didn't get any souls but the idea behind the event was cool. Too bad the drops sucked.

- proliferation of scales: Another event I missed out on but I heard alot of people were really happy so it's something I'd hope to see again.

- all dungeon weekend: This did give me a few more XP shards but I wish there was a bit more to it.

- sacrifice for the chosen one: For being the event that was supposed to help us get the awesome new Eddie, we sure didn't get that many souls in return for such large scale sacrifices. I know they're special souls but 4 souls is pretty low. I miss the events that catered to everyone, having possible rewards in the lower tiers. Remember the Pumpkin Event? That was pretty different but at least we had a chance to get them from petty sacrifices.

- colosseum of magi: I like that it's slightly different from the last couple arena events, angel talismans are pretty good and having more than one set is an interesting strat depending on who you use them on. But I'll still stand by saying that I liked it better when wins and losses both counted. If you're a mid tier player and you hit a wall where you start losing to alot of people it really sucks.

All in all, this month was good for someone who was getting burn out from the constant activities, but that's a double edged sword for those who find it boring when there aren't any events going on. Personally, next month I'd like to see events more focused on getting better characters. Maybe a non-dupe legendary soul event where you get fragments for a legendary soul that WONT get you a dupe.

Or we could go crazy and have a mythical soul event in the Brave New World dungeons

HomemLivre
01-29-2018, 11:48 PM
I just can't say my point of view about this month... not being able to play on the phone is extremely annoying! I can only auto-play when Im working on my pc via emulador, so, I was no part of this last events and looks like I will not be able to play not even this one!!!

Only in the theoric ways, this events of this month looks nice, but "more of the same", just dif kinds of rewards.
1 - Hope to join the game soon or Im done with this game
2 - Hope to see new event mechanics and nice rewards

Askora
01-30-2018, 10:59 PM
For me this month has been ok. Think it would have been better to have a slower month for December instead. But, with things being crazy at work this month has been a level that's easier to keep pace with.

Individual events:
Sentinel corrupt rescuer -- another toon for the bench.
666 -- Sacrifice fodder, only got 3 souls from farming. So despite drops being low, I think they were about right as that's usually about many souls I get from other fragment events.
Proliferation of scales -- Better if I hadn't competed my last set of mission talismans two days before it starred, but still much appreciated.
All dungeon weekend -- Better for newer players I'm sure, but also good way to build up souls for the sacrifice event.
Sacrifice for the chosen one -- Standard sacrifice event, yes I pulled him so good for that. Despite the amount I sacrificed, he was the only new toon for me, so that part was a bit of a let down.
Colosseum of Magi -- My preference for arena events are ones that provide rewards to lower tier players as well. Think it's worse considering the current meta, meaning lower tier players get nothing but frustration, leading to less desire to play. There needs to be events for top tier players, but isn't that where gauntlet is supposed to fit in?