PDA

View Full Version : Will there be 6* characters one day?

Amarthir
01-18-2018, 06:53 PM
I was just thinking about the scaling when Night City comes out. Since Underworld Madness was basically the end all for character levels, how are things going to be pushed forward? Should there be a higher power to battle or even attain, or should Night City Madness just have characters with insane talisman boosts?

Sponholz
01-18-2018, 07:04 PM
My guess is that, there won't be any 6* chars, but, the new RELICS items/mechanic will have an impact there.

Cheers!!! Ed.

zamasu
01-18-2018, 07:09 PM
I think the 6* characters won't be in for a while, but they will be available.
What I think it is going to be is that our characters will be nerferd on those worlds from the get go. Like HP cut in half, damaged cut in half, not able to stun/freeze characters. etc.

Amarthir
01-18-2018, 07:13 PM
That would be pretty interesting to have some sort of defect on your characters that will make you want to strategize. And I wasn't thinking about relics when I made this, so those will probably play a factor in the difficulty scaling.

What could relics do that would change the tide in a battle though? If they're purely stat oriented then I'd try and use them to help Rainmaker Eddie be less killable.

Sponholz
01-18-2018, 07:19 PM
Oh, I was talking mainly about Night City scaling...

On the 6* one day question: Probably yes. Not for a long time IMO, but its a real possibility

If relics are Stat boosting items, you could THEORETICALLY, consider then as upgrading you char to the stats of a superior quality char, It will all depend on how relics will work.

I, personally, think then as a tuning system, want the base special to be higher on some Eddie? go for it, maybe if you raise some stat you will have to pay on another, for example a Relic that ads 350 to Special but lowers your ATK and MAGIC by 150 each.

Cheers!! Ed.

slauki
01-18-2018, 08:05 PM
i would really dislike 6* chars since this would ruin all the archieved balance. this would be a very bad move imo.
if you wanna scale the difficulty, talisman and relicts should be enough. BNW it's a good example for that.

so i really doubt we will ever see them

Dank Brew
01-18-2018, 08:10 PM
i would really dislike 6* chars since this would ruin all the archieved balance. this would be a very bad move imo.
if you wanna scale the difficulty, talisman and relicts should be enough. BNW it's a good example for that.

so i really doubt we will ever see them

I agree with this... It will make pretty much every character available worthless.

zamasu
01-18-2018, 08:30 PM
Not necessarily. You will just have hoard again for materials to evolve your 5* to 6*. But again this will require a lot of work since all the characters available to be rebalance to their new stats as 6*, unless, their business plan already included 6* characters since the beginning and they just need to be "unlocked"

The Educated fool
01-18-2018, 10:03 PM
As slauki says, I think 6 star characters would be pretty poorly received by most players... I doubt we'll see this happen. Time will flow though... :cool:

Zerynx
01-19-2018, 07:47 AM
I've thought about this too, my thought is that the toons we currently have won't work in those new worlds. In essence we will be starting over with new characters.

Maybe relics are the talismans for those new characters?

Otherwise, yes, there will have to be a new scaling factor to make new worlds challenging I think.

Patrice-1201
01-19-2018, 08:39 AM
Personally I think that 6* toons would kill the game and most importantly the whole loot system, Relics seem to be the only way of adding a scaling dimension to characters in the game.

HK-47
09-24-2019, 04:08 AM
Well, well, well look what we have here. Somebody predicted the future

Amarthir
09-24-2019, 05:14 AM
Well, well, well look what we have here. Somebody predicted the future

They basically just skipped to 10* lmao. 11* if you count the last one.

I gotta say, it wasn't how I expected it to be. Looking back almost 2 years ago when this post was made I didn't think things would even be remotely close to how they are now. It just goes to show that anything is possible as long as it keeps players interested in getting "the next big thing"

MetalKing
09-24-2019, 06:16 PM
The next step will be the players with the most awakened characters. Those that were powerful enough to farm extremely hard levels, or those who can afford to buy awakening materials.

Yup
09-24-2019, 06:38 PM
Personally I think that 6* toons would kill the game and most importantly the whole loot system, Relics seem to be the only way of adding a scaling dimension to characters in the game.

Ermm.. relics are there so devs can "adjust" difficulty based upon the player. The more relics you have the more difficult some levels, especially newer dungeons, become.

Truth is.. if you aren't an all out PvP player.. you're better off NOT buying ANY relics because they will work against you where the AI is concerned.

Muzzleloader
09-24-2019, 07:15 PM
In reality dont we already have 6* toons in the awakenables. They just keep amping all the new releases so there is no need to add an extra star.

Yup
09-24-2019, 09:51 PM
In reality dont we already have 6* toons in the awakenables.

Yep.. there are 11 star characters now.

Muzzleloader
09-24-2019, 10:05 PM
I thought about it and adding an extra star may be good for the game. It could cause another set of shards we would need to earn. Let's clutter up the inventory even more without adding slots. Let's throw in 6* runes as well, we can use more items there as well. Careful for what you wish for, it may come true.

HK-47
09-25-2019, 05:25 AM
Just wait until we can awaken our Cosmic Talismans

rags-6094
09-25-2019, 06:56 AM
I just read this thread from beginning to end thus far any way, I agree with the latter comments, we already have 6 - 11 *’s now so to speak, perhaps the way forward could be to cap the available characters at what it is right now for example, meaning don’t add any more characters period, but make every character so far awakenable, imagine some of your old favourites could potentially become significantly different and you could end up with Rainmaker Eddie that is very hard to kill.
More so it would be good through these awakenable characters to restore some balance, just have a look at the Arena fiasco at the moment.. every team has a similar defence, honestly how cool would it be if most teams had different defences and you just don’t know what you might be up against!

Zugzwang
10-03-2019, 12:38 PM
I like the awakenable characters and how they did the cultist ones that are otherwise too weak. I don’t know if I like dark Lilith, Raven Witch and the LoLs being awakenable though since they’re already newer and stronger. Awakening could have been a good way to balance things — especially the lower star Eddies. It wouldn’t create as many new must haves but it would balance the game and create more diversity in the arena.

scott-5496
10-03-2019, 12:53 PM
Awakening is fine as a way forward. But like some others I would like to see this being used a route to either get new characters to awaken (like Ravens Altar) or to update the earliest allies we had - or indeed Eddies - they are really never used by most and that is a shame as there were some decent characters that started off as 1/2/3 star.