PDA

View Full Version : Invisibility doesn't stack....

Yup
01-18-2018, 09:12 PM
Character with Invisibility Talismans.. full power lvl 50/5 star... one of each Will, Bulwark, and Onslaught.

Perfect hit.. Invisibility kicks in

Next turn... perfect hit.. invisibility disappears.

Shouldn't it at least stay for the given 3 turns if not be extended to 3 if less than 3?

Askora
01-18-2018, 09:57 PM
Character with Invisibility Talismans.. full power lvl 50/5 star... one of each Will, Bulwark, and Onslaught.

Perfect hit.. Invisibility kicks in

Next turn... perfect hit.. invisibility disappears.

Shouldn't it at least stay for the given 3 turns if not be extended to 3 if less than 3?

It will last 3 turns if you don't attack. Attacking while invisible negates the invisibility. So, for the second attack you would only be invisible if the talismans proc again. Perfect hit only gives you a chance to regain it.

Yup
01-19-2018, 12:13 AM
How does one have a turn without attacking??? It's not possible on 99.9% of the characters. And as far as I can see there's no such thing as "skipping" a turn.

Amarthir
01-19-2018, 12:21 AM
For example if you use a power attack that heals your team or something, a move that isn't an offensive move which hurts the enemy, that counts as not an attack and you'll stay invisible.

Yup
01-19-2018, 01:36 AM
I know what it means to not attack. I'm not an idiot. But thanks for explaining.

My point is... there are VERY few characters with abilities that are zero percent offensive. Surely Invisibility talismans aren't solely meant for a handful of characters.

In addition, this isn't how Invisibility worked just one month ago if my memory serves me correctly. The character used to stay invisible for 3 turns regardless of action unless the buff was removed. If the "can't attack" were true.. why on earth would it grant 3 turns?? That makes no sense.

Askora
01-19-2018, 04:33 AM
It's always worked that way. The description for Nomad's mirage skill describes it.

Would be nice if they could add it to the invisibility talisman description.

It could be you were just lucky with it before. Many times the one round is plenty. Actually quite a few characters that can apply buffs, debuffs or heal and maintain the invisibility. Many of them aren't used much though as damage is king in PvP and pve.

Yup
01-19-2018, 04:40 AM
Well, I'd swear it lasted longer than merely the next turn in many many cases.

I fact, I distinctly remember Beelzebub in AMOLOD remaining invisible for a couple turns.. now he become visible just like every other character.

I think it's broke. Maybe I'm wrong.. but I think it's broke. If it grants invisibility for 3 turns.. then it should be 3 turns...

Patrice-1201
01-19-2018, 07:16 AM
Well, I'd swear it lasted longer than merely the next turn in many many cases.

I fact, I distinctly remember Beelzebub in AMOLOD remaining invisible for a couple turns.. now he become visible just like every other character.

I think it's broke. Maybe I'm wrong.. but I think it's broke. If it grants invisibility for 3 turns.. then it should be 3 turns...

Invisibility lasts 3 turns unless you make an attacking move with the character bearing invisibility

slauki
01-19-2018, 07:58 AM
only way it can last longer even you attacked is that it triggers again, otherwise it will disappear. it always worked that way and it's one of the few things that aren't broken in the game :p

Yup
02-07-2018, 01:24 AM
Okay here is how it's broke...

Perfect hit.. Invisibility initiates.....

Next attack.. perfect hit.. invisibility is gone.

There's NO WAY to stack invisibility by getting a perfect hit after a perfect hit.

It should stack. If the character is invisible, then performs another perfect hit... the invisibility should kick in again.

Amarthir
02-07-2018, 01:39 AM
Okay here is how it's broke...

Perfect hit.. Invisibility initiates.....

Next attack.. perfect hit.. invisibility is gone.

There's NO WAY to stack invisibility by getting a perfect hit after a perfect hit.

It should stack. If the character is invisible, then performs another perfect hit... the invisibility should kick in again.

I have invisibility Talismans on my Gunner Valkyrie and.... Sometimes it kicks in again, sometimes it doesn't. After all, it is the RNG

Yup
02-07-2018, 01:41 AM
yeah but I can 100% guarantee that if she's invisible and performs a second "perfect hit" she will drop the invisibility, in every instance. There's no RNG there.. it removes the effect because it's an attack... makes no difference if it's a perfect hit or not. That's where it's broke. A second perfect hit should ALSO have a chance to initial invisibility.

Reeb99
02-07-2018, 03:51 PM
It definitely shouldn't stack, as that would be seriously OP. On a gunner valkarie? That is broken enough as it is, no need to add perma-vanish.

Yup
02-07-2018, 05:30 PM
But each 'perfect hit' should have the same possibility of invoking invisibility. That's how other "on perfect hit" buffs work.

Zerynx
02-08-2018, 08:28 AM
But each 'perfect hit' should have the same possibility of invoking invisibility. That's how other "on perfect hit" buffs work.

I think you are 100% correct Yup. That and a dollar won't get you coffee, but you are on to something.

Yup
03-21-2018, 04:17 PM
Seems this may have been addressed at some point.

It now (correctly) is possible to chain the Invisibility buff with repeated perfect hits. Or I should say you have the same % chance of invoking invisibility if you make repeated perfect hits. It's not an "automatic" .. but there's at least a % chance on the second perfect hit now. It no longer debuffs 100% of the time by default.

Thanks NF!

Stormseye
03-21-2018, 04:25 PM
I agree it should stay if you back to back perfect attack but I think the act of "attacking" breaks the invisibility as it should, but then it negates the 35% to vanish again. that is a abug. There is a similar bug that happens when my opponent is low health and has Immortality up. I steal the immortality and they die and still revive...looking at you SSE!! If I steal it, they should not get the benefit. That works as intended if you steal ghost from someone. If you are low health and have ghost but it has not triggered, I steal it and kill you and you get no ghost status.

Yup
03-21-2018, 05:06 PM
Well.. that's been long standing.. steal counterstrike and the toon you stole it from counterstrikes. Kill a toon with a permadeath hit.. they revive.. no permadeath. I don't know if it's a bug or as intended.