PDA

View Full Version : R.I.P. Legacy of the Beast ...

ToTameAGame
08-19-2016, 09:20 PM
... I'm leaving behind a Carriage Rider Eddie 5* level 100 and a great bunch of troopers that played almost every day as I did.

Let me start with a quote from the devs on reddit a few months ago: "Let me try to assuage your fears. Yes, the game is a free to play experience, however, none of us on the dev team are a fan of hard line, abusive monetization systems that milk you for cash in order to keep playing."

I played basically for 5 weeks in a row more or less non stop just to get some more evo shard (3* rainbow). I was just lucky to get the last shards to upgrade my Carriage Rider Eddie before they pulled the plug and in the normal game the drop rate is beyond outrageous.

Because Iron Maiden is one of my favourite bands I thought "OK I'll wait until the time rift thing" and now they can stick their game up where the sun doesn't shine. I have enough - maybe it's bad luck but the drop rate of evo 3* shards (level 7-10) ist ridiculous again. My girlfriend just said "Is this still the same game? You playing it for weeks now ..." and I realized how right she is and how much time I wasted on this nonsense.

Apart from other bugs - tons of trooper badges that I cannot do anything with e.g. As an IT guy I really ask myself how hard can it be to "if not bought this week than ..."?

A RPG they announced ... RPG my ass ... this game turns more and more into a fruit machine. Have a run - 3 turns (sometimes 5) and hope for the best ... if you are really lucky twice a week you get something useful. It has not much to do with strategy if you don't get the stuff you would like to use - it's pure luck to pull a good character (I didn't pull one 5* so far) or you are simply screwed. Some seem to get everything and some nothing - pure luck and that has nothing to do with a RPG.

However it did feel like a strategy game in the beginning. It was fund to try different teams and beat harder levels because of the choice of your team. Later on you don't have this choice anymore because you can't upgrade your characters and we are back to pure luck. From a good game in the beginning Legacy of the Beast turns into a game for the braindead - press button and hope for the best.

Frequent updates don't make it better. One gets the fealing that the decision makers sit in their ivory tower and think: "The players are really pretty pissed off right now. But how an we piss them off even more? Less bugfixing and more overpriced stuff?"

I know one does not have to buy this ridiculous overpriced offers. But for 50 Euro I get really good RPGs - more than one of them (Baldur's Gate, Icewind Dale are on offer right now btw - 15 Euro for both of them!). If they would charge a fiver for really good things I'll most probably would spend that a month. But I'm not putting a cent into this mess right now that feels like a beta. I even would prefer an offline version being sold for 10 Euro or so without troopers and so on - just not to have to rely on being online all the time.

Btw: If they ever pull the plug on the game players would loose everything right?

I gave it a good go for 5-6 weeks and am so pissed off right now. After the last huge disappointment with the drop rates in time shift I give up. What is left in my mind is: bugs bugs bugs, rip off prices, unfair drop rates, a pure waste of time and just another Freemium **** with nice graphics and a few good tunes that repeat way too often (I rather listen to the albums) ... I am normally not a friend of strong and swear words but in this case: Go and *bad f-word* yourselves with this pile of **** - I'm out - I did try but I give up.

P.S: Has anyone else the feeling that these time rifts are a quick shot put together to calm down players? If they test the **** they dish out how can this accuracy bug happen? The boss doesn't even die properly - he is just disappearing!

Gonzo
08-19-2016, 09:38 PM
I think they are listening to the community and making changes according to that. That's a big plus.

The game is too young to predict anything. I played Galaxy of Heroes a while back, that game was terrible. No chances at getting characters, farming levels way to high, etc. A few days ago I redownload it and it had a huge improvement.
This game can have a great future, potentially. Will it have a great future? It's too early to tell.

I'm sorry you are not gonna play anymore, I'd say try it again in a few months and see what you find.

PS: IF they pull the plug you can ask for a refund, in Google Play at least.

talpuz
08-19-2016, 10:14 PM
I'm still playing, but I basically agree with everything. It doesn't feel like I have a lot of choice for the characters and the strategy I'm using, because to level them and the talismans up is either impossible (3* shards) or super expensive in terms of gold. As it is now, this game is an endless grind with little or no variety... if you don't pay real money, that is.

Gonzo
08-19-2016, 10:29 PM
if you don't pay real money, that is.

Spending money in this games does not cut your grind. In fact, it makes it even bigger. Spending money does not give any kind of "advantage" whatsoever.

This game is F2P all the way.

Kaijester
08-19-2016, 10:42 PM
On the time rift boss dying part lol, he prob disappeared to the backstage to throw the golden treasure chest out for you since all his minions are dead.

monkeyskeleton
08-19-2016, 10:47 PM
Dont let the door hit you on your way out.

Vaseodin
08-20-2016, 03:51 AM
I play still and I also agree with just about everything.

MadMax
08-20-2016, 04:13 AM
Sorry to hear you're bailing out, this game is still a newborn baby so it's too soon for me to make a judgment like that.

It's easy to get frustrated (I was just able to log in after over a week), but I can tell you from years of experience playing MMOs that buffs and nerfs come and go, as do drop rates. Come back in a month or two.

talpuz
08-20-2016, 10:46 AM
Spending money in this games does not cut your grind. In fact, it makes it even bigger. Spending money does not give any kind of "advantage" whatsoever.

This game is F2P all the way.

Well, I disagree. Spending money lets you pull good units (instead of grinding trooper badges for the few "free" weekly pulls) and buy gold, that is essential to upgrade things.

It's true that you'll have to grind for shards and runes. Still, is all this grinding so fun?

I like the game so I'm trying to bear with it for now, but I'm really asking myself if it's worth it or not.

BillLion
08-20-2016, 12:11 PM
Grinding isn't really fun, and I wouldn't bother except for 1 thing: AUTOPLAY!

Yeah, there are challenges, but give it some time. I believe the devs are listening and responding.

Dutch
08-20-2016, 12:27 PM
Well, I disagree. Spending money lets you pull good units (instead of grinding trooper badges for the few "free" weekly pulls) and buy gold, that is essential to upgrade things.

It's true that you'll have to grind for shards and runes. Still, is all this grinding so fun?

I like the game so I'm trying to bear with it for now, but I'm really asking myself if it's worth it or not.

I've spent close to 100us just on rare soul stones and never got a five star just crappy 4* dupes like angels and they were bugged before the fix. Only today I pulled a 5* from a rare soul I picked up in the dungeon. It's all about luck and prob rng. I don't mind grinding it's not too bad and once you find what you're looking for it makes the hard work worth it

Pat-8186
08-20-2016, 09:26 PM
I'm still on a wait an see, but I agree with what the OP says. Some much of this game stinks of Amateur Hour. Today I wiped when a Angel of Fear exploded on death like a possessed mine. It does not even have that ability. WTF

ToTameAGame
08-29-2016, 10:03 PM
I got a ten days ban for bad language what I find hilarious. That's why I could not answer. But I did follow the forum to see if there is any news.

Shared this experience with two of my best friends - one English and the other one Australian. I know this sounds like the start of a joke - An English, an Australian and a Bavarian (me) are entering a pub ... well in the diving industry we are multi countries and we all get along! :)

Told them what language I used in a forum for an Iron Maiden game. The English man laughed his bottom off (can I say bottom? Rik Mayall said bottom a lot. He even had a show called Bottom ... Not sure if I could use the word starting with fa... instead - in North America this is fine afaik but in British English that would be bad again ... language really can be a son of a difficult thing ...). The Straya guy said he would have banned me as well for using far to mild language. "That's not a rant! That's a bed time story!" he said ... throwing a few very bad words into the sentence. So I guess I'm lucky not to lean to much on the Straya side of language ... the forum probably would have exploded.

A well spoken friend of mine hates swear and bad words. She really does. So she uses "flipping" instead of the other one but really means the other one and everyone knows it. How the flip is that better?

I have an idea! We cannot use words anymore altogether. Instead we are only allowed to use emoticons that are provided by the owners of the forum. So the language perception is gone. Wait - even better ... You can buy 1 random emoticon for 1 Ironite and a nice 5 emoticon pack named "express yourself" ... the drop rate for criticism emoticons is obviously 1 percent ... 99 percent you get happy happy smileys that you can express how happy happy your are ...

I saw Bruce Dickinson live this year and he was using stronger language on stage and the whole concert was on national television as well (Wacken). I can only imagine if the moderator of this forum would have been stage manager there ... "Bruce! That was one flip too much ... off you go into the naughty corner! Shoo shoo ... The rest of the boys now play some decent music without you!"

--------------------------------------------

Back to the topic. I played a lot of RPGs - real ones ... I played Bard's Tale on a C64. The younger people won't know both of these things.

I am used to a fair amount of grinding and I accept that. But if I would do this amount of time that is necessary here in any real RPG I probably could visit the grand boss leaving my "double sided great broad axe of even greater death +10" in the cupboard and taking my "rusty old nailclipper of fail -15" instead and still beat him with one touch. The amount of grind in this game is insane. Even with autoplay ... what is the point on doing that? This is fruit machine style and has little to do with "playing a game".

In most games you get rewarded for being clever or achieving something. If I read through the forum in this game you even get punished if you spend money (buying rare souls and still only get rubbish). "Look another Harpy! If I get two more I can open a KFH (Kentucky Fried Harpy) and feed a company of troopers for a year ..." - sure in the forum you read over and over that somebody got a nice drop (or was very lucky with a few) but some of these people seem to farm/grind 24/7 for weeks or months now.

It sometimes feels like this game has more bugs than Windows Millenium and I thought Microsoft is the only company allowed to sell their product and use their users as beta testers (thank Linus for the Penguin!). What brings me to the server errors and people loose trooper badges, sands of time and so on. If the game would act like a proper transaction - that could not happen. "Games starts -> Server error -> game rolls back". Or "Games starts -> ... -> you get your loot -> transaction finished -> result locked in". Sure, there would be a possibility of cheating that if you are about to loose -> quit the game. Well you won't achieve a lot with that - not loot - no trooper badge ... And is it fair to all the other players to prevent that possibility of half cheating? Again the game punishes the honest players and they are the majority I guess. That asynchronous synchronization is possible I have seen in a planned server update a few weeks ago. The servers were down and you still could play - but everything got uploaded later. So in theory there is no need to be always online.

Here is a shocker: If so many people are suffering from severe bugs and loosing sands of time, trooper badges and so on ... instead of any peace offers the devs reward the players with less loot and it is a lot less than it used to be - a lot lot lot. A plan so cunning ... with all the problems it would actually be a lot less frustrating if it would rain presents at least for as long as it takes to squash the big bugs and there is a lot of squashing necessary from where I stand. Trying to squeeze money out of people for an unfinished or let's say at least very edgy product is unethical business practices in my eyes.

---------------------------------------

Not to mention one of the most stupid AIs I've encountered (especially visible on autoplay). There is an enemy that is basically dead and blind and frozen and stunned - furthermore you need a magnifying glass to see any of his red life line that is left. What does Eddie? Of course he triggers his fury special. Why safe it for the next round? That would be a perfect moment to invent the superlative of dead.

That guy is invincble ... let's all hit on him! Just for fun!

It really makes you laugh when you read something like this in the FAQ: "Auto-Play allows the game AI to control your team for you and also provides an opportunity to learn some strategy you never thought of!" (https://roadhousegames.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/208261916-Is-there-an-Auto-Play-feature-)... very true indeed - never crossed my mind to bash some invincible guy! That is again a plan so cunning ...

Well the good news in this case is that on manual play the enemy is very predictable and you use that as an advantage (the dumb AI helped me actually a lot playing through the worlds).

----------------------------------------

Some of the characters have strange Talisman slots - I think. Allied Bomber Boy (Gunner) deals magic damage - has a slot for a warrior Talisman. That seems to be as useful as a pair of female body parts on a nun. The further the game advances the more things seem to be put together in a rush. Ailing Kingdom has a changing Theme for different difficulties. Other worlds change just the background or the filter for the color. Lord of Light dungeons are basically 10x5 the same thing with different colors. Some pictures for the classes are different some are the same but with different warpaint on. Well that is at least my impression.

If there would be a "Frustrate the Players" award 2016 I have a candidate - but I also guess that is part of the Freemium world - frustrate the players to a point where they leave or spend money - 24 days you log everyday in looking forward to that Gunner / Assassin soul imagining what secrets lie behind and you get another Undead Soldier. Same with the one Legendary Soul you get after beating the Mad Beast - a green flappy thing - great - got already one and hate it. If the main office would not be that far away I'd probably go there and protest like the Mongolian officials after their wrestler lost the bronze medal in the Olympics 2016: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=re6ppD8l1TI

Because the content is rather limited it would only be worth playing on to collect all those nice rare characters. But the drops are very very low (shards and good characters from rare souls) and I'm not willing to spend a lot of money or grinding for the next few years to achieve that goal or support the bag of bugs. The prices are still ridiculous and as I said before I get some high class games for less than 10 bucks. Why should I spend 30 Euro or so for three rare souls when the chance of getting only 3* characters is very high? Doesn't sound like a good deal at all to me - sounds more like an absolute waste of money.

What is coming out of a rare soul should be a lot higher at least as the game is set up right now. Do the devs really expect that people have time to play 24/7 for months? For a RPG the game is simply not good or deep enough and for a fruit machine it does not drop good enough loot that wants me to keep going on.

If there would be a donate button for the graphics team I'll hit it and put something in their tip jar. They really did a good job imho. For the rest there is space for improvement. Random levels would be nice and you have to choose your team upfront (but can choose the stars and the maximum levels of enemies). So whatever hits you - deal with it ...

But right now I strongly would advise anybody not to spend a Cent on that game. If somebody does sell me something rotten in a supermarket I'll bring it back. Only in the software industry it seems to be "normal" that you can sell unfinished things and your customers just have to accept it. Well I don't have to play the game - that is very true - but I did because I like the graphics and the idea - but from my experience at least I can warn others in what state Legacy of the Beast is at the moment.

Gonzo
08-29-2016, 11:19 PM
I'm sorry about your ban, but we have to assume that there are young people in this forum as too, although most of us stopped being kids a long long time ago.

Regarding your game topics, you are right about some and wrong in a lot of them. Starting with the "The prices are still ridiculous and as I said before I get some high class games for less than 10 bucks", you are comparing pears with apples. This kind of business model works like that, other platforms have different business models.

"Why should I spend 30 Euro or so for three rare souls when the chance of getting only 3* characters is very high? Doesn't sound like a good deal at all to me - sounds more like an absolute waste of money". Again I bet you've never played any of the "best" rated freemium games in the android/apple market. Go play MCOC, top game in both mobile platforms, in order for you to get the best characters you have to spend hundreds, even thousands of dollars. Yeah, thousands. And even if you get them, you won't be able to rank them up.
If you like Star Wars try Heroes of the Galaxy, game were I spent A LOT of money. Same thing. You grind your ass off to get a decent team, BUM! everyone gets nerfed... No refunds. Do I regret spending money there? No, I had fun.

I don't know how many games you played, but AI has ALWAYS been Artificial Dumbness... It will always overkill. Is it hard to program a line that says when enemy has low health use basic attack? Probably not. Is this a game breaking issue, hell no.

I am lucky enough to have enough disposable income to spend money in games, not only mobiles but console and pc too. That being said, you don't need to spend money in this game to progress, not even finishing it. I finished the entire campaign without spending money. After I did that I spent some money, not because I wanted to get the best characters, but to show my support. Nowadays it's almost impossible to be able to download a free game and being able to finish it without throwing cash at it.

So? is this game freemium of F2P? obviusly not. Last week I got tons of new toons only by "farming" the new rifts feature. In fact, I got so many characters that I found a game breaking team, which I won't post until I give some time to the devs to fix it. If they don't do it, then yes, I will post it. So it will have to be fixed.

I read your entire post 2 or 3 times, because there's something I don't understand. You entitled this thread "R.I.P. Legacy of the Beast ..." and yet, here you are posting this. I'm pretty sure some part of you still likes the game. And want's it to be a lot better. You wouldn't be posting if this was not the case.

I set a date. Until that day, devs have enough time to address some game breaking issues. If they don't, I'll move on. It's simple, I won't rant or create a shit post, I'll just move on.

talpuz
08-30-2016, 12:35 AM
Let me try to sum up some of the points that I think the OP was making (but they reflect my personal opinion).

- first of all, if you voice your disappointment it's clearly because you like the game, and would like it to be even better. I'd say you like the game more if you're vocal about what you don't like than if you decide you'll just stop playing at some point.
- right now if you've been playing from the start you have little to do except farming and trying to get new/better units. about this, I don't expect the devs to release new material frequently, so I'm ok with farming, but this brings us to the next point
- drop rates for anything are utter sh... wait, lest I get banned. they are very very very bad. 3* evo shards in the rifts are way too rare for the energy you have to invest. runes and gold for talismans? you need tons of them to upgrade, and the fact that there are 5 different colours and the drops are random does not help. want a specific talisman to try out? good luck finding it (I've been looking for health overwhelming talismans for a while - haven't found even one). even worse if you want interesting units!

I really don't mind the farming, as long as it is actually rewarding. Spending a lot of time and getting very little out of it is frustrating and boring, and I hope the devs realize this at some point (but they won't if people don't point it out in some way!).

Nekroliun
08-30-2016, 12:39 AM
Hahahah, funny thing you mentioned MCOC, most pay2win game ever created, theres this one youtuber called pungence whos made like 66 vids about the game, he started about a year ago and still havent gotten any 5 stars and he has a bit over 1k 5star shards, and u need 10k shards to get 1 5 star crystal, and trust me HE SPENT ALOT, LIKE ALOT of money, the amount of crystals he buys is absurd, and if u want 5 str shards u need to duplicate a 4 star charecter, and good look with that...

Yet MCOC's dev team usually gives their players free gifts, like 1 week ago they gave everyone playing 2k 5 star shards and a bunch of free crystals!

Still LOTB is no way near as pay to win as Games like MCOC or any gameloft game out there, i agree with what gonzo said about it being completely completable without spending any dollar, i am currently in underworld madness, got 3 5* chars, and i have my trusty troopers that help completing lvls that are too hard.

Btw, i never knew there was an original bard's tale on the commodore64! I know the game from the remake made in 2004 great game tbh, hilarious and amuzing af too!

Gonzo
08-30-2016, 01:29 AM
I don't know who that youtuber is, but look for Super Gaming Family... that guy spent more than 25k in the game. Although his YouTube channel is monetized, it is still an insane amount of money. I know, because he told me, a top player (Let's say he got Kang earlier), spent more than 100k, and is still playing.

Nekroliun
08-30-2016, 02:41 AM
I don't know who that youtuber is, but look for Super Gaming Family... that guy spent more than 25k in the game. Although his YouTube channel is monetized, it is still an insane amount of money. I know, because he told me, a top player (Let's say he got Kang earlier), spent more than 100k, and is still playing.

Omg kill me dem shards, why does he have like 70k premium shards... You would think he is still playing, i wouldnt just stop playing a game i spent over 25k on
"Lets say he got Kang" lol i like how that proves that ur a 100% pro

ToTameAGame
08-30-2016, 06:17 AM
I'm sorry about your ban, but we have to assume that there are young people in this forum as too, although most of us stopped being kids a long long time ago.

Regarding your game topics, you are right about some and wrong in a lot of them. Starting with the "The prices are still ridiculous and as I said before I get some high class games for less than 10 bucks", you are comparing pears with apples. This kind of business model works like that, other platforms have different business models.

"Why should I spend 30 Euro or so for three rare souls when the chance of getting only 3* characters is very high? Doesn't sound like a good deal at all to me - sounds more like an absolute waste of money". Again I bet you've never played any of the "best" rated freemium games in the android/apple market. Go play MCOC, top game in both mobile platforms, in order for you to get the best characters you have to spend hundreds, even thousands of dollars. Yeah, thousands. And even if you get them, you won't be able to rank them up.
If you like Star Wars try Heroes of the Galaxy, game were I spent A LOT of money. Same thing. You grind your ass off to get a decent team, BUM! everyone gets nerfed... No refunds. Do I regret spending money there? No, I had fun.

I don't know how many games you played, but AI has ALWAYS been Artificial Dumbness... It will always overkill. Is it hard to program a line that says when enemy has low health use basic attack? Probably not. Is this a game breaking issue, hell no.

I am lucky enough to have enough disposable income to spend money in games, not only mobiles but console and pc too. That being said, you don't need to spend money in this game to progress, not even finishing it. I finished the entire campaign without spending money. After I did that I spent some money, not because I wanted to get the best characters, but to show my support. Nowadays it's almost impossible to be able to download a free game and being able to finish it without throwing cash at it.

So? is this game freemium of F2P? obviusly not. Last week I got tons of new toons only by "farming" the new rifts feature. In fact, I got so many characters that I found a game breaking team, which I won't post until I give some time to the devs to fix it. If they don't do it, then yes, I will post it. So it will have to be fixed.

I read your entire post 2 or 3 times, because there's something I don't understand. You entitled this thread "R.I.P. Legacy of the Beast ..." and yet, here you are posting this. I'm pretty sure some part of you still likes the game. And want's it to be a lot better. You wouldn't be posting if this was not the case.

I set a date. Until that day, devs have enough time to address some game breaking issues. If they don't, I'll move on. It's simple, I won't rant or create a shit post, I'll just move on.

- To justify one scam with another one doesn't make either of them right.
- Of course I would like the game to be good. I am one of those people that made it possible that they are flying around in their own 747. Am I jealous? Of course not - the band earned it. For me Iron Maiden will always be associated with good music ... for others it might be a buggy game with overpriced stuff - yes I still find it overpriced. 30 Euro? I rather spend on good food and drinks.
- Have I never wasted money? I supported the OUYA on Kickstarter ... nuff said ...
- Am I to tight to spend money on something good? Again - of course not. But this is at best a beta version and I find it unethical of the company to let some people suffer that have spent money.
- If nobody is ranting than there never ever would be any improvement for anything. Just accepting the fact being punched in the face is not my thing.

Ancient Mariner
08-30-2016, 09:12 AM
such drama much wow

Gonzo
08-30-2016, 11:23 AM
Now I understand your motivation. You are taking it personal, and it's not. As someone said, it's just drama.

- To justify one scam with another one doesn't make either of them right.
- Of course I would like the game to be good. I am one of those people that made it possible that they are flying around in their own 747. Am I jealous? Of course not - the band earned it. For me Iron Maiden will always be associated with good music ... for others it might be a buggy game with overpriced stuff - yes I still find it overpriced. 30 Euro? I rather spend on good food and drinks.
- Have I never wasted money? I supported the OUYA on Kickstarter ... nuff said ...
- Am I to tight to spend money on something good? Again - of course not. But this is at best a beta version and I find it unethical of the company to let some people suffer that have spent money.
- If nobody is ranting than there never ever would be any improvement for anything. Just accepting the fact being punched in the face is not my thing.

First of all, this business model is not a scam. If you rather spend 30 euros in food and drinks, go do it. No one is forcing you to inject money in the game. I don't see what's difficult to understand. Go, leave the game. BE FREEEEEEE!!!!
I seriously don't understand what's your point with the Ouya... I've owned a Sega CD and a Neo Geo. But still, I was talking about in app purchases.

Changes don't come through rant, they come through people leaving the game/not spending money. Changes MAY come through well educated post that try to make a point and prove Devs wrong, you know something balanced, showing pros and cons... Something like this...

http://forum.ironmaidenlegacy.com/showthread.php?468-Devs-please-read-The-grinding-system-is-beyond-broken-NOT-A-RANT

If you don't like the game or you don't think that it's not "playable" in the current state, just leave. Seriously, your rant does not make things better.

BillLion
08-30-2016, 12:49 PM

Wow, he's still going?!? His Kang came up for me once on PVP -destroyed my 4* Ultron. :) When they introduced 5* heroes that was then end for me. I saw the grind time writing on the wall.

Back to the original focus:

I hear you. There are a LOT of bugs to work out. But I appreciate that they seem to be making steady progress on it and remain in good communication with players. I have been lucky with a couple pulls and have spent some $ to support the game, but nothing crazy. I'm sticking with it for now and I'm actually optimistic. If it goes south -then I'll be disappointed but still say I had a blast!

Cthulhum
08-30-2016, 01:49 PM
Look, the drops rates are tremendously terrible for some very specific items as it seems... But think of it this way, if you also ended up leveling your talismans... and characters, maxed them out... Well there would be nothing else left to do in the game...

At least now (and for the last couple of weeks, been about a month of beating the game) we get to keep farming, acquiring a huge (HUGE amount) of the games 98% of items... and missing on those 2%... which keep us farming like crazy all day... while working... and sleeping...

Bombatomica
08-30-2016, 03:05 PM
Yes, the point is that LOFB is completely beatable with 4* characters, and the materials to evolve a 3* to 4* is not difficult to obtain with a reasonable grinding. It's also true that the drop rate of the rarest charas is very low, but i repeat, you can beat the game completely without them, just evolve what you have (there are many excellent chara that are not difficult to obtain, like soldier eddie or blue allied soldier), evolve the talismans that are FUNDAMENTAL, really, and you are good to go.
If you insist to spend money on rare souls and keep obtain only 3* chara, then...you (we) know the horrible drop rate, so the fault is yours, leave them be. I was lucky to pull corrupted general early, but he is the only 5* character that i have, and i used a lot of souls. The rest i have evolved with grinding, completed the game with all golden skulls and i spent few euros just to support the team. I never play smartphone games because when i try them i immediately uninstall, they are for the 99% horrible money-eater monsters, but LOTB i don't think is in this category.
Finally, regarding the bugs, the situation is much better than before, not perfect but absolutely playable. I hope that DEVS will introduce new features as soon as possible, but for now i don't think the game deserves this amount of hate.

MetalWarrior
08-30-2016, 05:11 PM
the root of disappointment comes from expectations,i believe in this case ,these high exceptions were built not for 'just another game', it came from the (theme,label,music) that we've built in the core of heart over decades. So,if we could just separate these two entities in our mind that would ease the pain.(my2cents)

Bryan-3528
08-31-2016, 01:23 PM
the root of disappointment comes from expectations,i believe in this case ,these high exceptions were built not for 'just another game', it came from the (theme,label,music) that we've built in the core of heart over decades. So,if we could just separate these two entities in our mind that would ease the pain.(my2cents)

Well said. I hadn't thought of this before but for me personally I would agree 100%. My love of Maiden has been built up very high over the decades and in my mind it would be fair to say I translated that expectation over to this game.

Once they work out the bugs...and we all know there are A LOT of them...I'm holding out hope that after things are cleaned up that this game has a lot of potential for expansion.

Vaseodin
08-31-2016, 04:59 PM

I think you nailed it.

ToTameAGame
10-15-2016, 08:11 PM
Log in after two months again and have a look after the the bugs have been ironed out they advised me.

I did.

It is still a mess.

It actually seemed the mess got bigger. Major bugs still there but still on top pissing the majority of the players off. In the beginning they stated they will "be gentle with the nerf bat". Seems like they swung 30% big time - if that is gentle the players are really f**ked because that makes the game absolutely not predictable. Whatever you do you have to be scared that all effort will be gone big time in one update (if you even can play after the update).

And the leading devil's advocate in this thread seemed to have left the ship as well. How wrong must I have been back than?

Still love Maiden but will not defend or hail the developers for creating on mess after the other.

aur0ra85
10-15-2016, 08:57 PM
Im not defending anyone, but it's a completely different set of devs, and they inherited this mess for better or worse. I am reserving judgement thus far as I have not received the update (which is beyond weird), but I don't like the sounds of things thus far. The drop rate better be about 20x better after the nerfs on the 50 or so talismans I've been working on since July. July. I've been working on 50 talismans since July. I'm going to require another 100 talismans now after the nerfs and for characters I that already required them. 50 talismans. I am sympathetic to the devs, and like I said I'll reserve judgement for now Until I see some hard data about the drop rates. But if this is another huge nerf accompanied by a 50% increase in drop rate, I'll quit.
Why? Because the drop rate needs to be about 10x as good for me to swallow the bitter pill.