PDA

View Full Version : Serious thought about Sands of Time nerf and current Dungeons/Story Modes cost

Gonzo
08-19-2016, 11:27 PM
Tittle!!!! LOL You were expecting a long a** signature wall of text post, right? Hahahahaha.

No, for real. I've been having a hard time using all my tropper allies, basically because I need to grind Time Rifts non stop to get some good drops. This is the only in game "social" interaction, and I feel I'm letting a lot of allies down.
In most games, whenever a new game mode is opened, it brings a new kind of energy.

Let's talk about some of the most succesful mobile games right now.

*Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes has two different "tables" Story Mode and Cantina Battles, this one could be like our Time Rifts.

*Marvel Avenger Alliance 2: Story Mode and Spec Ops, this last one uses what's called "Directives" as energy. Once the timer of that said Spec Ops is finished regular energy is used.

*MCOC: It has only one type of energy, IIRC, but the game has different games modes that let's you keep playing until they are replenished. Alliance Wars, or whatever it's called uses another type of energy.

80 Sands of Time is not enough to "enjoy" the game right now, ranking characters is still too difficult. I won't talk about that in this post, It's been already mentioned before and we all know it's too soon to say anything about this new game mode.

Wouldn't it be better to get another kind of energy for Time Rifts? I know some will say "set the timer 3 minutes instead of 5", and this might help, temporarily, but it won't be an end game solution.

From a bussines point of view, this gives the game, two different and discriminated instances for the player to refill.

Kaijester
08-19-2016, 11:49 PM
Same here...I had to purchase 3x Sands of Time yesterday to completely use my Champion troopers and farm Time Rifts, hardly level any character in the end.

Fyi the Ironites gained from the first run of the Sentinel Time Rifts event will not be available when the next Sentinel event is open next week. So only the first run of each classes will yield massive Ironites.

Gonzo
08-19-2016, 11:54 PM
Yeah. I thought that too. That Ironite is a really good "gift" but it would destroy in game economy if they let you get it every time.

Edit: I just completed the first gunner time rift and got the ironite as well... Nice Devs!!!!

BillLion
08-20-2016, 02:13 PM
Great point. This will become worse when they cap the levels and your sands of time can only be renewed through time or ironite. BTW: The worst is when you are at 75 sands of time and you level up and gain 5 sands of time! :0

Another currency for the dungeons is a great idea. As you pointed out lots of similar games do this. There is one thing all other games offer -PVP!! So for most games you could technically play just about all day if you wanted -which I don't recommend. ;)

Devs, here are a few ideas to consider:

1. As was suggested, add another currency for the dungeons
2. Do not cap levels until you add PVP or another currency.
3. Consider stacking sands of time over the cap (like you do with the daily rewards) rather than simply refilling up to the cap.

Gonzo
08-21-2016, 10:38 PM
1. As was suggested, add another currency for the dungeons
2. Do not cap levels until you add PVP or another currency.
3. Consider stacking sands of time over the cap (like you do with the daily rewards) rather than simply refilling up to the cap.

Yeah, the Sands of Time level up refill sometimes sucks.

Baba-8301
08-22-2016, 07:01 AM
Yeah, the Sands of Time level up refill sometimes sucks.

With the lower XP gains in the Rifts I'm only levelling up every 2-3 days now anyway.