PDA

View Full Version : The Colosseum of Magi (Arena Event) - Featuring EXCLUSIVE Talismans!

Sparton_LOTB
01-28-2018, 12:00 AM
Grab Rare Magus Souls, Magus Legendary Souls, exclusive talismans, and more by achieving milestones in the Arena!

From now until February 3rd, 4 PM PT, there are new event challenges added to the Challenges screen. These reward you for getting a certain amount of wins in the Arena before the event is over:

Win 10 Arena battles: Rare Magus Soul x1 + Angel Talisman x1
Win 30 Arena battles: Rare Magus Soul x1 + Skill Shard x1 + Angel Talisman x1 + Power Talisman x1
Win 75 Arena battles: Magus Legendary Soul x1 + Angel Talisman x1 [FULL SET!] + Soul Talisman x1
Win 150 Arena battles: Rare Magus Soul x3 + Skill Shard x1 + Power Talisman x1 + Soul Talisman x1
Win 300 Arena battles: Rare Magus Soul x3 + Power Talisman x1 [FULL SET!] + Soul Talisman x1
Win 400 Arena battles: Magus Legendary Soul x1 + Skill Shard x5 + Soul Talisman x1 [FULL SET!]

In addition, there are stretch goal reward tiers for every 100 wins beyond 400 (to a max of 1000 wins), that gets you Magus Legendary Soul x1 + Skill Shard x2 + Angel Talisman x1 + Power Talisman x1 + Soul Talisman x1 for each stretch goal achieved!

You’ll notice that many of the rewards from this event are talismans. These talismans are not available anywhere else! Collect these powerful sets to gain an edge in the Arena (and elsewhere!) before they become earnable in a future game mode:

Angel Talismans (Bulwark): Yellow talisman with HP/MAGIC/SPECIAL. 3-set effect: Cleanse self and Heals all allies for 5% of their Max HP every turn.
Power Talismans (Ward): Green talisman with HP/MAGIC/MR. 3-set effect: Start battle with 2 turn Power Shield (reduce damage by 25% and gain power when damaged).
Soul Talismans (Arcane): Blue talisman with HP/MAGIC/MR. 4-set effect: Grants Ghost status for 3 turns upon death.

You can check your progress at any time by going to the Event tab of the Challenges screen. These rewards will be immediately delivered to you via loot chest at the end of the battle when you meet the milestone requirement. There is no waiting until after the event is over, and no need to manually claim from the Challenges screen!

Finally, we have series of tie-in promotional store items in the shop. If you find yourself short the wins to get to a tier that will finish a talisman set, you can buy a single copy of a desired talisman for Ironite, and if you’d like to get a full set of each talisman with some bonus Ironite, Gold and Sands of War, there is a one-time only offer as an IAP.

MisterEly
01-28-2018, 12:07 AM
Thanks for the event lads, but I can't get in the game... :(

Ezz
01-28-2018, 12:11 AM

I can’t get in either. Also question on soul talismans - are these going to be signaled by a removable buff indicator above the toons? Or will it be golden?

Sparton_LOTB
01-28-2018, 12:11 AM

Yeah, there seems to be a blip with the servers post the event start. We're working on solving that now.

EDIT: Looks like we're up and running again. Sorry about the delay!

Fister
01-28-2018, 12:25 AM
Yes, we can get in now. But I did not recieve my reward for last weeks arena.😅

kkkreg5
01-28-2018, 02:42 AM
Forum members setting weak defenses?

JJJ428
01-28-2018, 02:59 AM
For the begining of the week I am, usually by end of the week I will go back to normal to still get a top 50

Mizrael
01-28-2018, 08:11 AM
Forum members setting weak defenses?

I always do during arena events. everyone deserves a chance at an easy reward.

Inishmore
01-28-2018, 01:32 PM
Unfortunately I am all week on a business trip. If I get lucky I will be able to play all my Troopers. But will hardly get over 100 wins. So yes, I will set a forum defense and give my cra(b)p monsters another go.

osiris0000
01-28-2018, 02:28 PM
Sounds like a good event. So, as an event tradition, i have set my defense with lvl 1 Hallowed Eddie along with mighty corrupt ox souls. Everyone is welcome to attack ;)

natasar
01-28-2018, 03:00 PM
I just set up a week defense up too. Never done this before, so I am curious how this will turn out... Would be nice to hear from anyone experienced in setting up these weak event defenses, if there are enough attacks from low level players to make this pay off. I am a mediocre PvP player at best, so I fear that I might get beat up pretty badly by everyone without having the chance to get many wins in return...

MisterEly
01-28-2018, 03:12 PM
Alright, put my newly re-obtained GRE (thanks, support!) by his lonesome on my defense. Get your wins in, fellas! :)

Amarthir
01-28-2018, 05:04 PM
I also set Hallowed Eddie on my defense.

Not like he'd be a threat even if he had a supporting team and talisman set amirite?

FarmerEddie
01-28-2018, 05:40 PM
I also set Hallowed Eddie on my defense.

Not like he'd be a threat even if he had a supporting team and talisman set amirite?

Ha hahaha sad but true. For the last few months I haven't had the time to play arena much at all. Don't always have time for the daily one either. Will do what I can this week though, had over 150 SoW piled up. So count me in too. Not sure what I'll pick for a defense, but they won't have any talismans on. Good luck to everybody on reaching your targets.

Reeb99
01-28-2018, 06:21 PM
I stuck my GRE in by himself. My PvP team is pretty sad anyway, so maybe this will help me fall more and be able to get more wins. Usually by Wednesday wins get pretty tough to come by since I was gone for a year and fell behind on so much stuff.

Sparton_LOTB
01-28-2018, 09:03 PM
Also question on soul talismans - are these going to be signaled by a removable buff indicator above the toons? Or will it be golden?

The soul talismans provide the Ghost on death via the Soul Protect golden buff, which is otherwise only available from The Alchemist. The talisman's Soul Protect has an infinite duration (but the Ghost it provides still only lasts a few turns).

MisterEly
01-28-2018, 09:30 PM
Thought I'd point out that up until Tier 7 of the event rewards it says "Monarch's Arena Event", instead of Colosseum Of Magi.

GotN
01-28-2018, 09:58 PM
Single Seventh Son Eddie set for defence. Thanks to everybody who does the same for this event!

natasar
01-28-2018, 10:01 PM
I just set up a week defense up too. Never done this before, so I am curious how this will turn out... Would be nice to hear from anyone experienced in setting up these weak event defenses, if there are enough attacks from low level players to make this pay off. I am a mediocre PvP player at best, so I fear that I might get beat up pretty badly by everyone without having the chance to get many wins in return...

Single WM Eddie btw...

Askora
01-28-2018, 10:29 PM
I'm in, would far rather see lower tier players earn some rewards than worry about rank for this event.

Beware my VHE defense! :D

druid138
01-28-2018, 11:04 PM
I'm in too. Lone Coalgiver for me. Best of luck everyone!

Ewokwithguns
01-28-2018, 11:51 PM
Got pumpkins with wicker man

natasar
01-28-2018, 11:56 PM
Got pumpkins with wicker man

Sorry for the off topic, but speaking of pumpkins (and other "seasonal" characters) and since I am relatively new to the game and the forum in particular: Is there any statement from the devs that all the halloween/christmas characters will be back the following year? Or are there "one and done" characters (which I would hate)?

Askora
01-29-2018, 12:47 AM
Sorry for the off topic, but speaking of pumpkins (and other "seasonal" characters) and since I am relatively new to the game and the forum in particular: Is there any statement from the devs that all the halloween/christmas characters will be back the following year? Or are there "one and done" characters (which I would hate)?

I think I got coalgiver from an anniversary soul as well as a pumpkin. Got hunter and cheering wickerdeer this last Christmas. So, thus far, they have made them available again for those who didn't get them when they were first introduced. Hopefully they continue that pattern.

90mphyorker
01-29-2018, 01:20 PM
Just pulled Seventh Son Eddie from the Magus Legendary Soul for 75 battles.

Whatever Tier I reach now, this event has been a success for me now.

MoonShadow
01-29-2018, 01:51 PM
Just pulled Seventh Son Eddie from the Magus Legendary Soul for 75 battles.Nice. You were lucky! I've got a Golden Son from that one... :o

Tim28213
01-29-2018, 02:41 PM

I'm a middle tier player. Usually hang out in the Duelist 1 ranks. Once I joined the forums I started running the weak defenses for events like this and it has not impacted me badly at all. I've also noticed it actually helps me because once I fall a little the battles get a bit easier and frequently don't take as long to complete. Sometimes on the last day of the event I will put my regular defense back up and bring myself back up to Duelist I, but even when I don't the Duelist II reward is only 20 ironite less so it isn't a huge deal. I've never fallen below Duelist II as long as I do my refill of arena battles each day. I appreciate people running the weak defenses for events and am happy to do the same. I don't have a lot of time for arena and it is a relief to get 4-5 quick easy wins once in a while. I also understand the higher tier players wanting to hold their status. If I ever had the time to get there I would probably do the same.

natasar
01-29-2018, 03:42 PM
I'm a middle tier player. Usually hang out in the Duelist 1 ranks. Once I joined the forums I started running the weak defenses for events like this and it has not impacted me badly at all. I've also noticed it actually helps me because once I fall a little the battles get a bit easier and frequently don't take as long to complete. Sometimes on the last day of the event I will put my regular defense back up and bring myself back up to Duelist I, but even when I don't the Duelist II reward is only 20 ironite less so it isn't a huge deal. I've never fallen below Duelist II as long as I do my refill of arena battles each day. I appreciate people running the weak defenses for events and am happy to do the same. I don't have a lot of time for arena and it is a relief to get 4-5 quick easy wins once in a while. I also understand the higher tier players wanting to hold their status. If I ever had the time to get there I would probably do the same.

Thank you! I have experienced the same up till now. Still hanging around 2000+ points. So I am perfectly fine with the choice of setting up this weak event defense and will continue to do so for future events (I do not have a chance to get to the warlord divisions anyway, as I do not spend enough time playing PvP).

Mizrael
01-29-2018, 09:49 PM
Nice. You were lucky! I've got a Golden Son from that one... :o

Similar luck here...I’ve got a chopper!

GZ on such a great pull yorker!

Bradata
01-29-2018, 10:28 PM
Can't wrap my head around these Soul Talismans thing. I can't find a good Magus toon to put them on and be useful. What's the point if that toon will survive when the other three are dead in PVP for example, there is not a single Magus character that can turn the battle in your favor by himself even in 3 turns especially with so many characters being able to apply Permadeath. For me, this is going to be another worthless set of tallies collecting dust in my inventory. :p

Mariner-1212
01-29-2018, 10:33 PM
Can't wrap my head around these Soul Talismans thing. I can't find a good Magus toon to put them on and be useful. What's the point if that toon will survive when the other three are dead in PVP for example, there is not a single Magus character that can turn the battle in your favor by himself even in 3 turns especially with so many characters being able to apply Permadeath. For me, this is going to be another worthless set of tallies collecting dust in my inventory. :p

Assassin Corrupt Rescuer might be a good candidate, when maxed (with all of 4 skill shards) the damage is decent enough to pull out a couple wins.

Yup
01-29-2018, 11:59 PM
Bradata.. Seventh Son Eddie.. as Ghost could revive dead allies... GRE as ghost can revive dead allies.. Clairvoyant as Ghost could revive dead allies... .. before they die themselves.... There's more uses... this is just an example how it may save a match on some characters.

Bradata
01-30-2018, 12:12 AM
Bradata.. Seventh Son Eddie.. as Ghost could revive dead allies... GRE as ghost can revive dead allies.. Clairvoyant as Ghost could revive dead allies... .. before they die themselves.... There's more uses... this is just an example how it may save a match on some characters.

GRE and Clairvoyant are an option not the 7th son.
I tried the lady, not bad but I think I can do better with the right team.
Thanks, guys!

90mphyorker
01-30-2018, 03:58 AM
Nice. You were lucky! I've got a Golden Son from that one... :o

Similar luck here...I’ve got a chopper!

GZ on such a great pull yorker!

Cheers guys. Now just to decide on Talismans.

About time I’ve had sone luck with Souls. Feel like it’s been ages since the eyes went red or I had a new pull from a soul.

blade685
01-30-2018, 02:13 PM
shit month loot continue for me legendary magus = another shit CR Eddie cool :)

Ezz
01-30-2018, 03:10 PM
shit month loot continue for me legendary magus = another shit CR Eddie cool :)

Be happy - I got a magus Golden Son. That’s pretty much the opposite of legendary.

PerthEddie
01-30-2018, 03:17 PM
Be happy - I got a magus Golden Son. That’s pretty much the opposite of legendary.

Same here - not happy :mad:

Yup
01-30-2018, 05:05 PM
Well at least y'all didn't get a Pharaoh Dog. :)

Amarthir
01-30-2018, 05:16 PM
Well I got Carriage Rider Eddie, one day I'll be happy to see him. Lmao I gotta stop sacrificing characters though. I had a bad moment last night and threw out my Alchemist and my last remaining 4* toons and in return landed me a dupe Tailgunner Eddie and a Hellhound.

FarmerEddie
01-30-2018, 05:20 PM
Ouch. I feel you guy's pain. Got a blue child.😐.

Does anybody know if the event talismans will be in store for a few days after the event or if they disappear at the weekly reset? Thanks in advance.

Yup
01-30-2018, 05:23 PM
Well I got Carriage Rider Eddie, one day I'll be happy to see him. Lmao I gotta stop sacrificing characters though. I had a bad moment last night and threw out my Alchemist and my last remaining 4* toons and in return landed me a dupe Tailgunner Eddie and a Hellhound.

I gotta quit being suckered but Grand Sacrifices.. you THINK they will give you something decent.. like a skill shard or two.. but nope.. just rare souls that covert to crappy 3 star toons. :) I've never once gotten a skill shard from a Grand Sacrifice.. but each time that's what I'm expecting :) I'm an idiot.

Amarthir
01-30-2018, 05:45 PM
I gotta quit being suckered but Grand Sacrifices.. you THINK they will give you something decent.. like a skill shard or two.. but nope.. just rare souls that covert to crappy 3 star toons. :) I've never once gotten a skill shard from a Grand Sacrifice.. but each time that's what I'm expecting :) I'm an idiot.

The only thing I'm really sacrificing for anymore is SSE or skill shards.

By the way, found a glitch with the soul Talismans, or ghost in general I'm not sure. If you stun someone with ghost, their ghost status doesn't tick down. Spent plenty of time fighting a ghosted Clairvoyant to find out that whenever she was stunned, it stayed at 3 turns left until she spent a turn not being stunned, then it would go to 2.

blade685
01-30-2018, 06:37 PM

Be happy i had 8 or 9 of them too
the most looted i think here with AOP
He is totally useless ^^

more than 7000 points and we are only Tuesday, some players only play that game all the day :D
I will definitively never playing for top 10 :eek:

Dank Brew
01-30-2018, 06:57 PM
Been kinda busy with work so haven't had much time to battle. It's odd to me that I've only done 48 battles so far and I'm ranked 922 right now. My "Best" according to arena stats was rank 2,224 with 2566 points. Right now I have 2026 points at rank 922... Where is everyone?? Everyone waiting til the end? Or is there really this much less people playing now?

Ironstyle
01-30-2018, 07:09 PM
I'm in, would far rather see lower tier players earn some rewards than worry about rank for this event.

Beware my VHE defense! :D

Now this is why I love this community. I'm used to playing mobile games where it feels like an 'every man for himself', whereas here people support one another.

By the way, first post, lurked for a long time, and and Edward the Great on defense only.

Dank Brew
01-30-2018, 07:29 PM
Why does defense in arena ALWAYS have such good accuracy. It is insane how good corrupt general stuns my entire team, every single time for every single person who has him. And if I bring hellhound (For immunity) i lose the toss EVERY SINGLE TIME and they kill him first. Not to mention the stupid GPD making them invincible too (But when I had him he didn't reduce the enemies attack AT ALL.) Wtf???!!!
I know I am not that great in arena but jesus christ these two make it completely impossible for me. Oh and if GRE is there too, he retriggers 80000 times

This is the only team i've lost against so far this event, and it's been 4 in a row coin toss loss instant death.

natasar
01-30-2018, 07:35 PM
Why does defense in arena ALWAYS have such good accuracy. It is insane how good corrupt general stuns my entire team, every single time for every single person who has him. And if I bring hellhound (For immunity) i lose the toss EVERY SINGLE TIME and they kill him first. Not to mention the stupid GPD making them invincible too (But when I had him he didn't reduce the enemies attack AT ALL.) Wtf???!!!
I know I am not that great in arena but jesus christ these two make it completely impossible for me. Oh and if GRE is there too, he retriggers 80000 times

That's exactly what I experienced. Anytime there is a CG on the defense team, if you do not win the toss and kill him first, it's over. Same with echo talis on defense - they seem to trigger all the time...

Dank Brew
01-30-2018, 07:39 PM
That's exactly what I experienced. Anytime there is a CG on the defense team, if you do not win the toss and kill him first, it's over. Same with echo talis on defense - they seem to trigger all the time...

His accuracy is through the freaking roof man. It's insane. When I had him I swear his accuracy was terrible for me, and I sacrificed his ass.

Good news for me though, I just got my first skill shard from the satellite... About dang time lol

My nomad is finally maxed! Woot

Dank Brew
01-30-2018, 07:46 PM
Last complaint for the day. Most important also.
Why is everyone's passive disable disappearing? I highly doubt every team has every character with angel talismans? When the opposing team goes first, they start off disabled. But when it comes to my turn, they suddenly aren't disabled. WTF is going on around here!!??

You guys might as well just delete the prisoner from the game at this point cause this is just ridiculous. He doesn't do a damn thing anymore.

Mizrael
01-30-2018, 07:48 PM
Now this is why I love this community. I'm used to playing mobile games where it feels like an 'every man for himself', whereas here people support one another.

By the way, first post, lurked for a long time, and and Edward the Great on defense only.

Welcome mate!
Sadly, it’s not all that purple. i’ve noticed that some “kind” guys here go play dead bug every time this “weak defense” topic comes up and keep up their GCotD+WUR+Astra+VHE(Navigator,GRE,SSE) or GCotD+3 whatever toons)!

I personally have been doing that ever since such events started, without anyone else encouraging it. it’s just so obvious...the top ranking guys are not really in need of those pathetic rewards,defense wins don’t count and the weaker players just struggle to win a few battles to get some silly soul, which could immensely help them progress further in the game and filling their collection up.

But yeah...big up to the HEROES with a GCotD on their defense :/

Amarthir
01-30-2018, 08:43 PM
Last complaint for the day. Most important also.
Why is everyone's passive disable disappearing? I highly doubt every team has every character with angel talismans? When the opposing team goes first, they start off disabled. But when it comes to my turn, they suddenly aren't disabled. WTF is going on around here!!??

You guys might as well just delete the prisoner from the game at this point cause this is just ridiculous. He doesn't do a damn thing anymore.

This has sprouted up a few times in my fights as well. They would go first and have a blocker or a GPD or someone with a passive that ought to be disabled, but when my turn comes, the effect is gone. Pretty inconvenient if you ask me, I'd like to know if this is supposed to happen.

As for the idea of everyone having angel talismans, I have 2 sets, and I only need 2 right now. Partly because it would be annoying as hell to fight a team with 4 angel sets and I'm a decent enough person not to do that, and also, yellow talismans tend to make someone pretty glassy, if I could make a change to Onslaught Talismans, I'd hand out more health and defenses and dial down the special.

i've noticed that some “kind” guys here go play dead bug every time this “weak defense” topic comes up and keep up their GCotD+WUR+Astra+VHE(Navigator,GRE,SSE) or GCotD+3 whatever toons)!

I personally have been doing that ever since such events started, without anyone else encouraging it. it’s just so obvious...the top ranking guys are not really in need of those pathetic rewards,defense wins don’t count and the weaker players just struggle to win a few battles to get some silly soul, which could immensely help them progress further in the game and filling their collection up.

But yeah...big up to the HEROES with a GCotD on their defense :/

Yeah, personally I wish there were more people who put up simple defenses. I set mine to Hallowed Eddie and will keep it there until I hit all the tiers I want. But being in the top 150 most of the week, almost everyone has GCotD, Astra, GPD+Angel, and some talented Eddie.

blade685
01-30-2018, 09:09 PM
it is just another "good" idea of NF to kill you in one or 2 round ;)
I just don't play vs many "shit" defence teams now
It's stupid but no choice :rolleyes:
All defence teams are same characters now, it' s ridiculous, the most cheated eddie for defence: VHeddie or now 7th son (but for me VH is more cheated :) ) with the cheated toon of the moment gunner COTD, the most cheated ASS toon Astra or wrath if you don't have her and warrior CR or Eda or alliance general ^^

Mariner-1212
01-30-2018, 09:09 PM
... it would be annoying as hell to fight a team with 4 angel sets...

You think that's bad, wait until we start facing teams with Magus Corrupt Droids with ghost! I tried it on my defense yesterday for a test round (just the droid and GRE) and that was as frustrating as it gets. Maybe 9 rounds. And yes, as you mentioned, Ghost skips rounds when stunned.

Mariner-1212
01-30-2018, 09:11 PM
it is just another "good" idea of NF to kill you in one round ;)
I just don't vs many "shit" defence teams now
It's stupid but no choice :rolleyes:

I'll take this all day over the 9 rounders. If I'm going to lose from AI, I'd rather do it quickly.

Mizrael
01-30-2018, 09:36 PM
i’ve had 7! people on my attack list today with VHE,Astra,GCotD,WUR...

I struggled to remember if i’ve already checked that guy,or if that’s the next one.thought im miss tapping the same person on and on.

Now,no disrespect, but people who were calling this a new “refreshment” to the Arena are fools. we simply have an imbalanced toon or two (almost like from a completely different game) and sadly most people retreat to abuse it just because everyone else does.

I hope that NF see that and will act as professionals...

blade685
01-30-2018, 09:41 PM

I struggled to remember if i’ve already checked that guy,or if that’s the next one.thought im miss tapping the same person on and on.

Now,no disrespect, but people who were calling this a new “refreshment” to the Arena are fools. we simply have an imbalanced toon or two (almost like from a completely different game) and sadly most people retreat to abuse it just because everyone else does.

NF professionals? :rolleyes:
They only nerf and that's all, no reflections to change all toons to be usable
90% are completely useless in pvp

Mariner-1212
01-30-2018, 09:45 PM

I definitely called it refreshing... and two days ago, it was. I even said he wasn't OP - and that too was foolish. GCOTD makes rounds go by fast - and in an event like this, that's very welcomed. He'll get nerfed very soon, and everyone using him will have to get creative again, so not too worried about it. For retreating to abuse it - I'm not on defense. But I don't stand a chance w/o him on offense, so I am certainly exploiting there. I hope they fix him next week and we don't have a month of this though... it's pretty boring to face the same team over and over as it's everywhere like you said.

JJJ428
01-30-2018, 09:51 PM
I was thinking the only change they need to do is change one talisman slot so he can’t have crit and ascention. That’s the only time I think his OPness really shows. Other then that I think he is manageable. But I wouldn’t count on anything being changed until the next tuning I would think we have three more weeks of this so buckle up.

Amarthir
01-30-2018, 09:56 PM
NF professionals? :rolleyes:
They only nerf and that's all, no reflections to change all toons to be usable
90% are completely useless in pvp

They haven't nerfed anyone for a few months. So you can't really go with that argument. I do agree that most toons are useless in the higher ranks and I would like to see more creative teams with 3* characters and such. Changing the child's talisman color slot would probably work. Maybe to green.

Not that it matters though, pretty soon when new worlds start getting pushed out we'll be more focused on those and it'll be SO refreshing to do other things.

Askora
01-30-2018, 10:38 PM

Sorry, but had to switch back to my normal defense. I usually try on the first day or two to help out with wins for lower tier players. I'd rather see the arena events that are based on # of battles and not just wins. Lower tier players need the rewards more so they can be higher tier and bring new competition.

Sponholz
01-30-2018, 11:09 PM

Most were just glad that the PvP is now pretty fast paced. not really a refreshment.

I definitely called it refreshing... and two days ago, it was. I even said he wasn't OP - and that too was foolish. GCOTD makes rounds go by fast - and in an event like this, that's very welcomed. He'll get nerfed very soon, and everyone using him will have to get creative again, so not too worried about it. For retreating to abuse it - I'm not on defense. But I don't stand a chance w/o him on offense, so I am certainly exploiting there. I hope they fix him next week and we don't have a month of this though... it's pretty boring to face the same team over and over as it's everywhere like you said.

I still refuse to use him either on Offense or Defense (using a joke D atm even on 3k+ bracket)... And I'm having a great offensive % against teams with him (SSE and/or VHE versions), the only teams that I still find annoying as f**k are the AoF ones. But I know GCotD is broken as the kind of Talisman setup he can have, Double Stats + Crit is jusy brutal...

Cheers! Ed.

FarmerEddie
01-31-2018, 04:55 AM

Made a team based around AHE that so far eats those teams for breakfast. Yes it does include the yellow child. Fight fire with fire eh. It's too bad I don't have more time because I'm having a blast with this team.

Good luck and see all you crazies in the arena 😃....tomorrow. It's bedtime for this guy

Amarthir
01-31-2018, 06:26 AM
Wow-wee. I took a half day break from 300ing in the arena today and went from 150 down to almost 800 without losing that many points. Good job everyone else!

Mizrael
01-31-2018, 01:11 PM
Made a team based around AHE that so far eats those teams for breakfast. Yes it does include the yellow child. Fight fire with fire eh. It's too bad I don't have more time because I'm having a blast with this team.

Good luck and see all you crazies in the arena 😃....tomorrow. It's bedtime for this guy

It’s not really about beating those teams. i rarely lose against them too. i just find it extremely off putting and boring.

(A bit off topic- since Amarthir never accepted my trooper request, i now have one slot free for an active player. hit me up...Mizrael-8316)

R1ck
01-31-2018, 01:27 PM
It’s not really about beating those teams. i rarely lose against them too. i just find it extremely off putting and boring.

(A bit off topic- since Amarthir never accepted my trooper request, i now have one slot free for an active player. hit me up...Mizrael-8316)
Done

There are many competitive players, so no more to add, really don't care about the crappy rewards so enjoy my weak defense.
Hope to help some people

blade685
01-31-2018, 03:01 PM
pvp is a boring mod of the game, just for rewards, no fun
only test new characters is fun, if you loot new toons ^^
We are doing same things again and again and we continue
I think we are crazy :D

Yup
01-31-2018, 04:05 PM
pvp is a boring mod of the game, just for rewards, no fun
only test new characters is fun, if you loot new toons ^^
We are doing same things again and again and we continue
I think we are crazy :D

err... Yuuuuuuup! :)

Ironstyle
01-31-2018, 04:25 PM
Sorry, but had to switch back to my normal defense. I usually try on the first day or two to help out with wins for lower tier players. I'd rather see the arena events that are based on # of battles and not just wins. Lower tier players need the rewards more so they can be higher tier and bring new competition.

Arrrgghhh! Actually, that's fine. My honest opinion of PvP is pretty damn low. I feel like it's horribly skewed in favor of whomever goes first, and 90% of the time, if you're attacking or revenging, you're not going first. That's my experience anyway.

I hardly play PvP unless it's an event. I usually play just enough to get my 5 eternity soul fragments. I had focused mostly on BNW and finally beat all level 10's last week...so now I don't have anything to do aside from grind until SP and NC comes out. I've been seeing a lot of full defenses lately anyway, so I may just put up my full defense again as well.

Amarthir
01-31-2018, 05:11 PM

I'm not sure I ever saw a request, next time you have a free slot I'll add you though.

osiris0000
01-31-2018, 05:55 PM
I will try to hit 300 wins before the event ends, and well. I put my usual defense back too, since many doesn't do the same. I have no words for competitive players, but seems like non-compatitive players doesn't want faster farming either, i still see the same and slow defenses all over. Which is annoying when your farming is only depended on wins. Event is fair enough, but farming is sucking too much time on pvp.

Yup
01-31-2018, 06:33 PM
I switch defense back and forth... sometimes it's weak and cheery.... sometimes its standard. Since only a few of the lower tier players are using weaker defenses, and surprisingly the upper tier players aren't much at all.... well, once enough points build up.. it's difficult to merely farm wins. I can beat most of the upper tier teams depending on first strike most of the time (like all PvP), but why bother winning 7 out of 10 when I can win 12 out of 10 by just dropping 200 points? So I switch to weaker defense.. let others gain wins.. then switch back after a bit.

I'll hit 400 by the event end (just a tad short of 300 now), which is enough for me.

kkkreg5
01-31-2018, 07:37 PM
I will try to hit 300 wins before the event ends, and well. I put my usual defense back too, since many doesn't do the same. I have no words for competitive players, but seems like non-compatitive players doesn't want faster farming either, i still see the same and slow defenses all over. Which is annoying when your farming is only depended on wins. Event is fair enough, but farming is sucking too much time on pvp.

I noticed the same. I came across 3-4 forum members wth "easy" defenses so I've only reached 150 wins. I'm done with this event since I will be traveling tomorrow through Monday.

Really wish NF would go back to both wins and losses counting towards a goal. I still have over 200 SoW that I could use towards that type of event. I'm guessing NF has also caught on to this and won't give us that type again.

Anyway, thanks to those that helped...

Symbiote
01-31-2018, 07:51 PM
Sorry to be that rude, but i have to say it again that i hate these kind of arena events... they really suck! I love this game (it gets me very often through the day if it isn't that great) and i am so excited about the coming updates and hopefully great new content! ;)

But these 24/7 Arena Events full of fucking bugs with extra turns, which shouldn't be because there are really often no reasons why the opposite get them.., thorn shields which only reflect if they want to.., and whatever bugs.. :/ everytime i am raging at my phone and want to throw it through the wall! Yes.., through...

I mean only wins counts... i wanted again to get 300 eventuelly 400 but... one battle means 2-4 mins... let us say it is a win in 3 minutes...
in one hour you will get 20 "wins" if it isn't bugged or so or a good and hard defense or my attack team which suck. xD... 200 are 10 hours if you have good luck that all are wins... in my eyes it is too time consuming... because it won't all wins and why can't the defense wins count too? i mean this would be ok (atm it only gives you points or you lose them...) i think but in this way it is a fulltime job only for some crappy dupe souls and some cool talis.. but nooo.. sorry.. i am just a bit fucked up... xD

then there are your troopers and ... aaah...
and i ended up at 150 now.... i'm not motivated anymore to get 300...

Sorry it had to be.. i think i am feeling a little better now.... :D

Yup
01-31-2018, 07:59 PM
No one is forcing you to try and hit the achievements.... just sayin....

Symbiote
01-31-2018, 08:08 PM
No one is forcing you to try and hit the achievements.... just sayin....

yup do you mean me? I know. :D but i think these goals are something anyone want to reach to get some cool rewards.. but like i said it is my opinion that it is a bit too much.. i think even people who have the time have to grind the hell out of it...

and i had a rage moment like i wrote...
Don't take my words too serious. ;D

it is only these kind of event where i get a bit angry very often. :D some time ago it counted only to play win or lose.. then only wins and a bit to much in my eyes.. and when defenses wins would count too it would be a bit more balanced and more reachable in a better way i think..

Mariner-1212
01-31-2018, 08:22 PM
If you're looking to hit achievements, here's my offense that works fast:

Astra - fate/fate (could swap immortals for 1 set)
GCOTD - fate/chance
SOL Eddie - endure/angel
AoS - Immortality/true/shell (and shell might not work bc of true, not even sure)

SOL removes beneficial, as does astra. GCOTD is OP and gives extra power each round. Use that power to give Invincibility to AoS.

I have all fully sharded, so you may see mixed results, but it works 9/10 times and rounds take about :45.

slauki
01-31-2018, 08:56 PM
Really wish NF would go back to both wins and losses counting towards a goal. I still have over 200 SoW that I could use towards that type of event. I'm guessing NF has also caught on to this and won't give us that type again.

I mean only wins counts... i wanted again to get 300 eventuelly 400 but... one battle means 2-4 mins... let us say it is a win in 3 minutes...
in one hour you will get 20 "wins" if it isn't bugged or so or a good and hard defense or my attack team which suck. xD... 200 are 10 hours if you have good luck that all are wins... in my eyes it is too time consuming... because it won't all wins and why can't the defense wins count too? i mean this would be ok (atm it only gives you points or you lose them...) i think but in this way it is a fulltime job only for some crappy dupe souls and some cool talis.. but nooo.. sorry.. i am just a bit fucked up... xD

i think the guys who throwed matches to get to their tier screwed the system so it makes sense, just to count the wins. but the defense holds should definetly count as win, so everyone would have to put up the best defense available, that would be better imo.

JJJ428
01-31-2018, 09:19 PM
I don’t get this people throwing matches gets them to a lower tier. I have had my lone Eddie as my defense and I am still hovering at top 50 all week. I have a little over 300 wins with 260 losses. How are people getting to such low teirs. That being said I keep refreshing trying to only battle the free defenses, I guess what helps is some players have such high scores it keeps getting me 20 points.

Dank Brew
01-31-2018, 09:49 PM
I've had it to here with these stupid bugs.
Just delete these stupid characters who do not work.
AoF - he either does not give you your earned extra turn, or he gives the defending team 18,000 extra turns for no apparent reason!
Prisoner - His passive disable removes itself for no apparent reason almost every single match.
Corrupt general - 100% accuracy for stun for defense every single time!

Feel free to add to the list guys.

Thanks for making me angry every single arena event NF, you turd burglars.

Ezz
01-31-2018, 10:02 PM
I've had it to here with these stupid bugs.
Just delete these stupid characters who do not work.
AoF - he either does not give you your earned extra turn, or he gives the defending team 18,000 extra turns for no apparent reason!
Prisoner - His passive disable removes itself for no apparent reason almost every single match.
Corrupt general - 100% accuracy for stun for defense every single time!

Feel free to add to the list guys.

Thanks for making me angry every single arena event NF, you turd burglars.

Lol - yeah I’ve stopped keeping a list of my bug frustrations.

But I did discover something new, not sure if it’s a bug or working as intended but if you play with multiple toons with energize passive you only get 2 extra points power each round, not 2 for each toon with it.

Askora
01-31-2018, 10:36 PM
i think the guys who throwed matches to get to their tier screwed the system so it makes sense, just to count the wins. but the defense holds should definetly count as win, so everyone would have to put up the best defense available, that would be better imo.

Why I set my defense low at the start of the week. If enough people did it, a lot more people would get the rewards. More rewards for lower tier players is better chances for them to move up is potentially more competition.

Lol - yeah I’ve stopped keeping a list of my bug frustrations.

But I did discover something new, not sure if it’s a bug or working as intended but if you play with multiple toons with energize passive you only get 2 extra points power each round, not 2 for each toon with it.

I saw that before the golden child became OP, just assumed it's meant to work that way. Maybe not.

One thing I've noticed is that sometimes GPD passive just seems to not work. No one blocking passives and have VHE hit him without ascension or chance doing close to 20,000 points of damage. If I've got Eda instead, he'll usually only do about 15K and my setup she's got lower mr and defense. Odd.

natasar
02-01-2018, 11:56 AM
Somehow my unsharded 5* WM Eddie (lvl 2) - to be honest: joined by the brutal force of three unsharded 2* hell dice - has achieved a W on defense against a "real" team. Don't know how this could happen :D So defense win percentage up to a strong 1% :)

GotN
02-01-2018, 12:27 PM
Somehow my unsharded 5* WM Eddie (lvl 2) - to be honest: joined by the brutal force of three unsharded 2* hell dice - has achieved a W on defense against a "real" team. Don't know how this could happen :D So defense win percentage up to a strong 1% :)

Have 3 „wins“ for my lone SSE too. This is due to game crashes. Very sorry for those who this happened to. I also had 3 PvP crashes this week, so 3 „losses“ 🤬

Have read here that some switched from lone Eddie to normal defense, cause very few put in a low defense. I will keep my lone Eddie for the rest of the week. Don’t care, what others do. If everybody would think like majority of players (not forum members!!!), nobody would help anyone anymore.

Mariner-1212
02-01-2018, 01:31 PM
Reached 500. Pulled my third Mystic Eddie of the month. That means I've pulled him maybe 10 times since he was introduced. RNG my ass.

blade685
02-01-2018, 02:27 PM
Reached 500. Pulled my third Mystic Eddie of the month. That means I've pulled him maybe 10 times since he was introduced. RNG my ass.

RNG is a big "bad" joke for many players like me :eek:
I had many mystic too and never use him

PerthEddie
02-01-2018, 02:57 PM
Still not pulled Mystic at all :(

scott-5496
02-01-2018, 02:58 PM
Wow it is really tough to win when you are in the top 100! My win rate has dropped like a rock over the last couple of days. But, it is quite fun to face such nightmarish defences and there is no real way to be sure you are going in with the right team so in a lot of ways it is actually quite fun to mess about with attack teams. Pretty sure that GCOTD will get nerfed as that single character on defence can really kick your arse. Defence team 'boosts' or whatever there is does mean that if the defence gets first turn it can be devastating to get hit by that then the power move of Astra. For me this is the toughest meta so far to get any consistency with.

There are a plethora of fate talisman out there now and the off ghost too - couple these with Immortal on defence and it can be brutal - still, it is interesting to say the least. My win % is in the high 80% for the first time in a while. I had a 20 win streak last night but been much more 50/50 today, maybe 60/40 but whatever it is coin toss is now more important than ever.

natasar
02-01-2018, 03:57 PM
RNG is a big "bad" joke for many players like me :eek:
I had many mystic too and never use him

Just got SOL, Magus Trickster and Corrupt Owl Cultist for reaching 300... However, I got MCOTD from the first legendary magus soul, so overall the event loot is still okay for me, as I was still missing it. Think, I will get to 400 before the Saturday reset - so one more chance for SSE (or CG and ETG who I am still missing)...

T-Man
02-01-2018, 04:44 PM
Yea the arena is pretty jacked up right now.

Red Bat worse than ever. Golden Dog passive not working. I mean when the GCotD can take out 2 toons with one shot against a team that includes a heavily defenseive talisman equipped WUR and Gold Dog, that’s messed up big time.

Toons act like they aren’t even sharded at times.

What makes things even worse is some of the very top players are exploiting every broken advantage they can. Red bat + GCotD? Not cool. Though NF is really to blame I guess.

Funny thing is, Saturday post reset and Sunday was smooth sailing. I was having a blast after just acquiring SS and played much more than I intended to. Come Monday and it all went to hell. Is it just because of more people playing come Monday causing issues or what?

Ironstyle
02-01-2018, 06:00 PM
Have read here that some switched from lone Eddie to normal defense, cause very few put in a low defense. I will keep my lone Eddie for the rest of the week. Don’t care, what others do. If everybody would think like majority of players (not forum members!!!), nobody would help anyone anymore.

I mentioned I was thinking of switching to normal defense, but haven't yet. I'll keep my lone Eddie on until reset. I'm not going for achievements anymore, but hoarding iron coins for relics once their available, so this method will assist with that.

Dank Brew
02-01-2018, 06:01 PM
Yea the arena is pretty jacked up right now.

Red Bat worse than ever. Golden Dog passive not working. I mean when the GCotD can take out 2 toons with one shot against a team that includes a heavily defenseive talisman equipped WUR and Gold Dog, that’s messed up big time.

Toons act like they aren’t even sharded at times.

What makes things even worse is some of the very top players are exploiting every broken advantage they can. Red bat + GCotD? Not cool. Though NF is really to blame I guess.

Funny thing is, Saturday post reset and Sunday was smooth sailing. I was having a blast after just acquiring SS and played much more than I intended to. Come Monday and it all went to hell. Is it just because of more people playing come Monday causing issues or what?

Yeah the stupid red bat. On offense you get nothing. On defense you get 1000 extra turns. More frustrating for me is the prisoner literally doing nothing at all now. He doesn't disable anyone's passives anymore. It also seems he makes your team forfeit the coin toss, cause every time I bring him this week I lose the toss, and when my turn comes the entire defense team cleanses their passive disable for no freaking reason. I'm about ready to sacrifice that POS, but they'll fix him 2 hours later with my luck.

Ezz
02-01-2018, 07:05 PM
Yeah the stupid red bat. On offense you get nothing. On defense you get 1000 extra turns. More frustrating for me is the prisoner literally doing nothing at all now. He doesn't disable anyone's passives anymore. It also seems he makes your team forfeit the coin toss, cause every time I bring him this week I lose the toss, and when my turn comes the entire defense team cleanses their passive disable for no freaking reason. I'm about ready to sacrifice that POS, but they'll fix him 2 hours later with my luck.

Red bat sux period , won’t go into that. But Prisoner in his current state is very disappointing. He is a unique 5 star that could add a great deal of diversity and ability to combat these prevalent defenses but he is neutered and nearly useless on offense. Hopefully someday they can fix him.
#makeprisonergreatagain

Fudjo
02-01-2018, 07:16 PM
If you're looking to hit achievements, here's my offense that works fast:

Astra - fate/fate (could swap immortals for 1 set)
GCOTD - fate/chance
SOL Eddie - endure/angel
AoS - Immortality/true/shell (and shell might not work bc of true, not even sure)

SOL removes beneficial, as does astra. GCOTD is OP and gives extra power each round. Use that power to give Invincibility to AoS.

I have all fully sharded, so you may see mixed results, but it works 9/10 times and rounds take about :45.

Hey, thanks for the list! I've been trying it out and liking it a lot. I don't have as many Fate talismans as you, so my team looks like:

Astra - Strike/Immortal
Gunner Child - Fate/Chance
SOL Eddie - Endure/Angel
AoS - Immortal/Shell/rando yellow

At first I thought you meant Immunity talismans for AoS, since you listed three sets of talismans. That ended up being horrible as the AoS would typically get nuked if the other team won the toss. I'm thinking Shell is better than True for this AoS in this team 'cause you're really just looking to have it survive the first turn, then get the Invincibility going.

Amarthir
02-01-2018, 07:35 PM
Red bat sux period , won’t go into that. But Prisoner in his current state is very disappointing. He is a unique 5 star that could add a great deal of diversity and ability to combat these prevalent defenses but he is neutered and nearly useless on offense. Hopefully someday they can fix him.
#makeprisonergreatagain

I'd be all for a Prisoner buff. What would you like to see for a buff for him? I'd be fine with shaping up the damage scaling and maybe add a boost for his stun chance. Maybe change his power move entirely since it DOESN'T WORK ON A.I OPPONENTS.

Maybe change his power move to curse everyone. It's not like it would be a broken move since negative effects can be cleansed pretty easily.

slauki
02-01-2018, 07:51 PM
I'd be all for a Prisoner buff. What would you like to see for a buff for him? I'd be fine with shaping up the damage scaling and maybe add a boost for his stun chance. Maybe change his power move entirely since it DOESN'T WORK ON A.I OPPONENTS.

Maybe change his power move to curse everyone. It's not like it would be a broken move since negative effects can be cleansed pretty easily.

it would be cool if they extend his passive for two turns at least or let him be as he was a year ago. he got his counter now (immunity) so there is no need to keep him that way...
immunity talis would have been enough, back then...

Amarthir
02-01-2018, 08:03 PM
it would be cool if they extend his passive for two turns at least or let him be as he was a year ago. he got his counter now (immunity) so there is no need to keep him that way...

True, with the way things are now, alot of characters that had been nerfed in the past would certainly be useful now if they got their abilities back.

Dank Brew
02-01-2018, 08:48 PM
Id be fine if his passive actually worked. I don't have him sharded so I've never seen his full potential... Not even a trooper who has one champ'd. He seems to do decent damage without skill shards. But obviously could be more useful.

Yup
02-01-2018, 08:53 PM
I see his passive working all the time in the arena.

And his stun rate seems on par if he's been given a few shards.

Not sure what you guys are going on about.

Ezz
02-01-2018, 09:20 PM
I see his passive working all the time in the arena.

And his stun rate seems on par if he's been given a few shards.

Not sure what you guys are going on about.

His stun rate seems fine to me as well. But his passive is bunk. It only works on the first turn - so if you go second no offensive benefit. It needs to last the entire first round to be useful.
For example what good is passive disable vs a passive block toon if you go second? A passives effectiveness should not be dependent on the coin toss. That’s not strategic - it’s just gambling

T-Man
02-01-2018, 10:18 PM
The Prisoner’s passive to disable all only works on the first half of turn. All good if going first. If 2nd it only activates on one toon.

This has been my experience anyway.

T-Man
02-01-2018, 10:20 PM
His stun rate seems fine to me as well. But his passive is bunk. It only works on the first turn - so if you go second no offensive benefit. It needs to last the entire first round to be useful.
For example what good is passive disable vs a passive block toon if you go second? A passives effectiveness should not be dependent on the coin toss. That’s not strategic - it’s just gambling

Actually. One toons passive will be disabled going 2nd.
Didn’t see your post until after mine. Should have refreshed I guess.

Yup
02-01-2018, 10:46 PM
The Prisoner’s passive to disable all only works on the first half of turn. All good if going first. If 2nd it only activates on one toon.

Right. That's how it's SUPPOSED to work. The Prisoner has never disabled passives for ALL enemies after turn 1 in my experience. Even the descriptions states as much - after turn 1.. then on a random enemy.

slauki
02-01-2018, 11:10 PM

This has been my experience anyway.

exactly if you go 2nd you are in a huge disadvantage anyway, so at least his passive disable should help you there. makes no sense at all that way it works now. if you going first you have the great advantage AND prisoner helps you.

if you go 2nd it'S pure gambling if the 50% procrate will trigger. some slight adjustments would be needed there.

Ezz
02-01-2018, 11:37 PM
exactly if you go 2nd you are in a huge disadvantage anyway, so at least his passive disable should help you there. makes no sense at all that way it works now. if you going first you have the great advantage AND prisoner helps you.

if you go 2nd it'S pure gambling if the 50% procrate will trigger. some slight adjustments would be needed there.

You are all correct and as I stated his passive is useless for offense, lasting just one turn. Incredibly weak passive for a rare gunner 5 star - single enemy attacker with no fury and a crap power move. Maybe make his power move also permanently disable all enemy passives? Then it might be worth 6 power.

Originally prisoner passive did disable all enemy passives for the entire match. Nerfing to one round maybe makes sense, but one turn is folly. He is good for defensive use only now, at best.

T-Man
02-01-2018, 11:52 PM
Right. That's how it's SUPPOSED to work. The Prisoner has never disabled passives for ALL enemies after turn 1 in my experience. Even the descriptions states as much - after turn 1.. then on a random enemy.

I don't think so. Technically that would be 1/2 a turn. If you are 2nd, you didn't get your turn yet.

90mphyorker
02-02-2018, 12:05 AM
Have 3 „wins“ for my lone SSE too. This is due to game crashes. Very sorry for those who this happened to. I also had 3 PvP crashes this week, so 3 „losses“ 🤬

Make that 4 now.

Askora
02-02-2018, 12:18 AM
Random, totally off topic thought for the day. If a soulless demon is truly soulless, how do you get him from a soul? :cool:

GotN
02-02-2018, 01:06 AM
Make that 4 now.

Very sorry for that bro! Cause of another PvP bug could attack you twice, so go for revenge \m/

Random, totally off topic thought for the day. If a soulless demon is truly soulless, how do you get him from a soul? :cool:

Hahaa, YMMD!

Yup
02-02-2018, 01:09 AM
I don't think so. Technically that would be 1/2 a turn. If you are 2nd, you didn't get your turn yet.

No. Turn 1 is you attack, they attack... or they attack, you attack. THEN it's turn 2. Each "turn" has 2 halves.

That's why if the Prisoner is on the opposing team and they go first.. your passives are disabled until AFTER you've had an attack round. Then, after that. a random character on your team will have passives disabled, but not the entire team.

T-Man
02-02-2018, 01:17 PM
No. Turn 1 is you attack, they attack... or they attack, you attack. THEN it's turn 2. Each "turn" has 2 halves.

That's why if the Prisoner is on the opposing team and they go first.. your passives are disabled until AFTER you've had an attack round. Then, after that. a random character on your team will have passives disabled, but not the entire team.

No if you go 2nd, only 1 toon will have the passive disabled. This is what is broken. The passive on all is only there for 1/2 a turn.

Ezz
02-02-2018, 05:36 PM

The confusion here might be another defensive boost? (Assuming defensive passive disable does in fact last the entire turn) Because if you use prisoner on offense i know it only lasts one half a turn. If you go second when it’s your turn all the passive disable indicators vanish before you attack. Totally lame

T-Man
02-02-2018, 05:47 PM
The confusion here might be another defensive boost? (Assuming defensive passive disable does in fact last the entire turn) Because if you use prisoner on offense i know it only lasts one half a turn. If you go second when it’s your turn all the passive disable indicators vanish before you attack. Totally lame

I’m not sure where the confusion is, but yes that is it. If you have the Prisoner on your team, and go 2nd the passive disable disappears before you get a turn. Lame indeed.

druid138
02-02-2018, 08:31 PM
Thanks for the event, NF! I just hit my 400th win, and that is enough for me.

I really like these tiered Arena Events (as opposed to drop-based Arena Events), because you know in advance exactly what it will take to earn the rewards and you're not subject to bad RNG luck.

I usually hit about 200 wins per week in the Arena, and I find that 300 is about my reasonable limit. Anything above 300 really takes a toll on my real life (job, family, my own mental health) and makes the game less fun.

Thanks to all who put in fun defenses - you helped my sanity. And, congrats to all the immortals hitting those highest tiers! Your skills and dedication are amazing to me.

By the way, my two Magus Legendary Souls gave two Golden Sons.

druid138
02-02-2018, 08:53 PM

Genius, Askora! Your question has me losing sleep now. :)

Sparton - we need some answers please.

Sparton_LOTB
02-02-2018, 09:36 PM

Genius, Askora! Your question has me losing sleep now. :)

Sparton - we need some answers please.

Just because a Soulless Demon can't have a soul doesn't mean a Soul can't have him.

Yup
02-02-2018, 09:39 PM
It was a typo.. they meant the demon has no shoes. (Because he doesn't)

Bradata
02-02-2018, 10:02 PM
Almost 600 wins and I'm done, wasted! Carlos, when do you sleep, man! Over 10k already and keep going, that's insane! :eek:

Ubajoa
02-02-2018, 10:05 PM
Just hit 1000 fights a few minutes ago, I wanted to get in the 10k club a long time ago and this was the perfect opportunity to do it :D

GotN
02-02-2018, 10:14 PM
Just hit 1000 fights a few minutes ago, I wanted to get in the 10k club a long time ago and this was the perfect oportunity to do it :D

Congrats on that Carlos! That’s just awesome! Well deserved eternal! Oh wait, one day to go... naaaaa...

druid138
02-02-2018, 10:15 PM
Just hit 1000 fights a few minutes ago, I wanted to get in the 10k club a long time ago and this was the perfect oportunity to do it :D

1000 wins and 10K points are incredible! Not to mention that you still have a day left. Congrats, Carlos!

Amarthir
02-02-2018, 10:44 PM
Just hit 1000 fights a few minutes ago, I wanted to get in the 10k club a long time ago and this was the perfect opportunity to do it :D

Meanwhile I'm 25 away from 300, congrats on hitting the 1000 mark, enjoy your talismans.

Symbiote
02-02-2018, 10:54 PM

Haha thanks for this. Maybe the Soulless Demon got soulless because he was prisoned in his own soul.

druid138
02-02-2018, 11:02 PM
Just because a Soulless Demon can't have a soul doesn't mean a Soul can't have him.

Hmm, I think that's legit. Well done, sir.

slauki
02-03-2018, 01:21 AM
thanks for the replies sparton, i still think he is way out of line, but the counter to the yellow buffs might help, so lets wait and see.

and congrats to carlos, just an insane run man. and one day to go :D

Roadkillsuperman
02-03-2018, 02:19 AM
Congratulations on an incredible run Carlos.
As I hit my goal of 400, I dumped my defense and put up a 3* SOL. Attack away everyone. I don’t plan on jockeying for rank this week.
Jason-5521

Reeb99
02-03-2018, 11:43 AM
For the people wanting the Prisoner to get a buff, I say you are all nuts. You just need to build him differently.

The biggest problem I see is that they spent all that time nerfing rare characters before pvp was released, then went and released a bunch of characters in the last year that make those pre-nerf legendary characters look like a complete joke. Valkaries anyone?

Mariner-1212
02-03-2018, 01:22 PM

Carlos, congratulations on that incredible achievement!!! That's the definition of effort right there.

waymo
02-03-2018, 04:26 PM
I've ony managed 300 & I'm done. Well done to those guys who clearly don't sleep! :D

The Educated fool
02-03-2018, 04:34 PM

This would seem to beg the question then: Which came first? The demon or the soul? ;)

The Educated fool
02-03-2018, 05:10 PM

This sounds really familiar to me... I wonder if anyone ever suggested that might end up being the case, back in the day... ;)

FarmerEddie
02-03-2018, 06:45 PM
Congrats Carlos and everyone who reached their targets. And big thanks to those who also put up weak defenses. It's the only way I was able to have time to make my 400. I switched back to a better defense a few hours ago to try to keep a decent ranking. Oh and big thanks to Sponholz for being the only non-VHE or SSE team on my new list and making win #400 a fun fight. ☺. I'm all done now.
Cheers

Sponholz
02-03-2018, 07:05 PM
Congrats Carlos and everyone who reached their targets. And big thanks to those who also put up weak defenses. It's the only way I was able to have time to make my 400. I switched back to a better defense a few hours ago to try to keep a decent ranking. Oh and big thanks to Sponholz for being the only non-VHE or SSE team on my new list and making win #400 a fun fight. ☺. I'm all done now.
Cheers

Glad to be at service!!! Really happy that you had a fun fight, I will try my best to never use VHE (have him, unsharded, don't think I will shard him anytime soon either) and/or SSE (when I get him) on defense, SSE I would use on offense just because he looks awesome! (don't know if he is also a beast on offense tho).

I had a joke defense also, changed when I reached 3500+ to try and stay on the Warlords range.

And I will also try to always have fun teams on offense, right now Speed Of Light is my baby, I loved the design on that Eddie for a long time and right now he is very competitive on offense.

I feel honored to be your #400 win FarmerEddie. I'm soon reach that 400 mark also :cool::cool::cool: lets hope something good comes out of that Legendary Soul.

Cheers, Ed.

Yup
02-03-2018, 08:07 PM
....don't know if he is also a beast on offense tho).

He kicks VHE ass pretty easily.

URock
02-03-2018, 08:15 PM
Reached 300 wins! Thanks to all weak defense teams!

My Clairvoyant uses the new soul talismans and the ghost thing is still funny. Sometimes it does't work and the Clairvoyant doesn't change to ghost status and dies. Is this a bug or are there some chars who can steal or deactivate the ghost buff?

slauki
02-03-2018, 08:33 PM
This sounds really familiar to me... I wonder if anyone ever suggested that might end up being the case, back in the day... ;)

not that i remember :D :D :D

Kamuz24z
02-03-2018, 09:58 PM
1000 wins and 10K points are incredible! Not to mention that you still have a day left. Congrats, Carlos!

Wait 1000 wins = 10k i just reached 1000 I’m not even close to 10k naaahh
Congrats Carlos I wanted to fight for eternal but is just too much can’t compete on weekends work is first
Reaching 1100 wins did you still get rewards or not? Just curious
Congrats again man \m/

90mphyorker
02-03-2018, 11:02 PM
You guys seriously need to sort your server out. What is it, a piece of toast? 6 server errors, resulting in defeats trying to clear just 1 list! I’m done with this event and stopping at 280 wins. Hopefully it won’t be too long until these Talismans are available so I can complete the sets.

T-Man
02-03-2018, 11:24 PM
You guys seriously need to sort your server out. What is it, a piece of toast? 6 server errors, resulting in defeats trying to clear just 1 list! I’m done with this event and stopping at 280 wins. Hopefully it won’t be too long until these Talismans are available so I can complete the sets.

I had dozens of server errors through out the week as well. Sent a ticket in on it for trouble shooting. Hope it helps. So many wins that turned to losses because of this. I could have made it to the next tier of rewards if not for that.

Fister
02-03-2018, 11:52 PM
400 battles won. I feel totally burned out. Don't know how you guys in the top do it. @Carlos and@Kamuz, 1k+?!?!? Seriously???? Hats off for that commitment. Just don't lose friends and families because of a game.😅