PDA

View Full Version : February 6th 2018 Update Discussion

Sparton_LOTB
02-06-2018, 07:29 PM
This is the main post to discuss general changes from the recent update.

You can see the details of the update that has just gone live in the Game Updates forum post (http://forum.ironmaidenlegacy.com/showthread.php?9777).

zamasu
02-06-2018, 08:14 PM
I don't see the new 30day pack Ironite in the store

Sparton_LOTB
02-06-2018, 08:27 PM
I don't see the new 30day pack Ironite in the store

We done goofed the setup for that got overwritten. We'll be getting that into the store shortly.

EDIT: The 30 Day Ironite Pack is now live in the stores. Sorry about the delay.

slauki
02-06-2018, 09:08 PM
i tried my aop now and it doesn't reduce the effects of the immortality and fate talis as it seems. is that intended? it also didn't seem to work against the yellow valk, but not entirely sure about that.
i assumed he is supposed to shorten the duration of yellow effects....

zamasu
02-06-2018, 09:33 PM
We done goofed the setup for that got overwritten. We'll be getting that into the store shortly.

Awesome! pretty sweet deal I gotta admit. Give me one!

Sponholz
02-06-2018, 10:14 PM

Awesome value at a fair price! Count me in!!! Looks like something I suggested on another thread, AWESOME!!!!

Also, loving the buffs to Visions, he was my first Eddie on my lost account, and even when he wasn't very used I still loved him, 2 Awesome patches for me, SoL and Visions are 2 of the Eddies I like the most (Along with Aces [don't have yet], Viking and Pharaoh).

Cheers, Ed.

Amarthir
02-06-2018, 10:24 PM
First off, the 30 ironite pack is pretty cool, I bought one first thing.

So, this update is both hilarious and pretty good in terms of tuning. Now I may be wanting to shard up Storm Eddie for those PI teams,

EDIT: okay maybe not, because it did not Disable perfect immunity, which is disappointing.

Based on his Fury, the new way to extend golden effects, and the general moveset he has, Hallowed Eddie has gotten alot better at his job. I'll be going through some tests to see if I can find the best supporting team for him.

Except his fury now only grants buffs to himself, is this supposed to be intended? For example, an opponent had 3 debuffs on him, I used Hallowed Eddie's fury, and when it ended, the only one who gained anything was himself.

Mariner-1212
02-06-2018, 10:28 PM
That 30 day ironite is one of the best things you guys have introduced to the game. We players have talked about monthly subscription type deals, and talked about needing more SOT, and this solution really covers both of them nicely.

For those of you saying "it's only 25 ironite per day and an SOT refill is 30" remember that simply completing a skull quest or two should land you that extra 5 ironite.

UP THE... FEATHERS? \m/

Sparton_LOTB
02-06-2018, 10:33 PM
Heads up players; to counteract an issue that could have caused instability in the Arena, we had to wipe out the everyone's defense history to properly format new defense history data.

You'll still have your defense team(s) saved, and new attacks against you will generate defense history records normally.

(I also do see the other posts here based on bugs/questions about changes; I'm still working with the team to verify those situations and will be replying with more specifics in a bit.)

T-Man
02-07-2018, 12:32 AM
The 3 tab saved teams are gone in all worlds of the cosmos, including the skull quest. The time rift and arena look to be ok.

Also and kind of weird, there was no update in the apple store for my ipad as of 3:45 game time. My iPhone update showed up right away before noon game time.

Both have the latest 11.2.5 update.

Sparton_LOTB
02-07-2018, 01:21 AM
i tried my aop now and it doesn't reduce the effects of the immortality and fate talis as it seems. is that intended? it also didn't seem to work against the yellow valk, but not entirely sure about that.
i assumed he is supposed to shorten the duration of yellow effects....

It looks like there was an error with communicating internally/verifying the tuning change we intended to make; extending Golden Positive Effects now works, but reducing the duration of Golden Positive Effects still doesn't function. I'll work with the team to ensure this is tracked and addressed.

Based on his Fury, the new way to extend golden effects, and the general moveset he has, Hallowed Eddie has gotten alot better at his job. I'll be going through some tests to see if I can find the best supporting team for him.

Except his fury now only grants buffs to himself, is this supposed to be intended? For example, an opponent had 3 debuffs on him, I used Hallowed Eddie's fury, and when it ended, the only one who gained anything was himself.

The ability to affect all allies with his Fury was intended to still affect all allies. It looks like some kind of glitch occurred in our system, and some of that older information got reverted by accident. We're seeing if it's possible to get a fix out for that (along with another issue players reported with Astra stunning more frequently than expected) as soon as possible.

The 3 tab saved teams are gone in all worlds of the cosmos, including the skull quest. The time rift and arena look to be ok.

Odd, I've passed that info along to the team to investigate.

Also and kind of weird, there was no update in the apple store for my ipad as of 3:45 game time. My iPhone update showed up right away before noon game time.

Both have the latest 11.2.5 update.

Hm, that sounds a bit strange, and unfortunately is largely out of our control. We submit our update to Apple, but once we flag an update to be available to players, we have no further control about when or how long it takes for that to be visible on players' devices.

The only thing I can think of to recommend is, on the newer versions of iOS, when on the App Store's tab for Updates, you can force it to fetch new information about apps that have updates. You do this by dragging down when on that tab until the activity indicator is exposed and starts spinning.

HomemLivre
02-07-2018, 02:11 AM
Awesome update! I really liked it!

Running some tests with Storm and something seems to be wrong with his damage.
I don't know what you guys did, but I tried to reinstall the game in my phone and its working normally, tks!

T-Man
02-07-2018, 03:28 AM
Hm, that sounds a bit strange, and unfortunately is largely out of our control. We submit our update to Apple, but once we flag an update to be available to players, we have no further control about when or how long it takes for that to be visible on players' devices.

The only thing I can think of to recommend is, on the newer versions of iOS, when on the App Store's tab for Updates, you can force it to fetch new information about apps that have updates. You do this by dragging down when on that tab until the activity indicator is exposed and starts spinning.

Hey Spartan thanks, I did try to make it fetch new data earlier, but no go. I know this isn’t on you guys, but I just found it weird and just decided to put it out there. I deleted and reinstalled the game on the iPad to force things.

slauki
02-07-2018, 05:24 AM
have a strange issue, just woke up and my SOW and SOT didn't recover, i'm out of everything after a break of 5-6 hours...anyone similar issues?

EDIT: everything fine on my mobile phone, just the emulator has some issues :(

EDIT2: works on another emulator seems to be some sort of leapdroid issue. will try to uninstall, when i'm back at home...

natasar
02-07-2018, 06:36 AM
In the skull quest section, there are no teams to choose from anymore (just as in all cosmos levels before). Is this intended? In the time rift levels the three teams are still available.

Edit: Sorry, has already been brought up and answered above.

konstifik
02-07-2018, 06:47 AM
I had some of my old missions reset, namely the purging: The Purge, Purge Hunter, Purge Boss and Dungeon Purge. I had cleared all levels of these, but those were now all reset so it looks like I didn't clear any of them, and my cleared missions counter in the Achievements tab went back to 182.

(I did log in from a new device just prior to the update, it may also be connected to that rather than the update.)

Sponholz
02-07-2018, 12:24 PM
My only doubt about this update so far is: Shard or not Visions... I'm really liking him atm. The buff stealing (including gold) is just awesome.

Cheers, Ed.

Peppoah
02-07-2018, 12:39 PM
My only doubt about this update so far is: Shard or not Visions... I'm really liking him atm. The buff stealing (including gold) is just awesome.

Cheers, Ed.

Same here. I had 2 SS spared and put them in him. I think I’ll finish him. He needs the right team and I saw a lot of people that attacked my team with him.

Patrice-1201
02-07-2018, 03:37 PM
You should do something about those servers. It is getting worse and worse... it takes up to 10 minutes to validate a win sometimes...

Yup
02-07-2018, 05:31 PM
yeah. Yesterday was stutter city. Now I need to reboot the game after about 20 minutes so I don't have to wait 3 minutes for a match to finally show the treasure and end.....

And now every arena match is followed by 6-10 tries to get past the APMA3 error.

Sparton_LOTB
02-07-2018, 07:06 PM
I had some of my old missions reset, namely the purging: The Purge, Purge Hunter, Purge Boss and Dungeon Purge. I had cleared all levels of these, but those were now all reset so it looks like I didn't clear any of them, and my cleared missions counter in the Achievements tab went back to 182.

There was a fix we did to ensure certain effects that should count for making progress for those sets of missions actually contributed, but there is indeed a bug where this has re-exposed them as incomplete for players who have completed them previously. We are investigating what the fix to that would be.

slauki
02-07-2018, 07:09 PM
There was a fix we did to ensure certain effects that should count for making progress for those sets of missions actually contributed, but there is indeed a bug where this has re-exposed them as incomplete for players who have completed them previously. We are investigating what the fix to that would be.

well at least a very welcomed bug :D :D :D

JJJ428
02-07-2018, 07:11 PM
Sparton something to note for Vision's take. I was against someone who had an immortality 1 turn on one character and immortality infinite turns on another when Visions Eddie used his take move I was able to remove both but I was given the one turn immortality would think it should give the buff with longest life. I am thinking it gives the one with their position closest to the left.

BonFire
02-07-2018, 07:14 PM
Took a bit of a siesta. Came back after the update to try get some birds. Server error starting up the first skull quest.

Liebhild
02-08-2018, 09:08 AM
WHEN WILL WE SEE THE ODDS???????

Defense bonus???????????

NF you are simply a bad joke...

Job request at NF:
- You have no clue what you are doing
- you like to cheat customers

scott-5496
02-08-2018, 01:15 PM
Yeah timeouts are on the rise again. Last week was not bad for me but this week back to APMA and timeouts and app crashes - maybe three or four a day or so. Getting the win chest can take a fair bit of time too - something tells me they just need to get a better/bigger server or something as i have never seen this on any other game i play on my phone ever.....they can crash of course but very infrequently.

It would be good to get this fixed......and ASTRA too, is there something up with her ability to stun. I am getting owned so many times when I lose the coin toss and ASTRA stuns everyone or someone rmeoves my immunity and then she stuns most if not all of my team.....coin toss is becoming OP, LOL!

Also still seing a lot of GCOTD so the nerf/fix has not put everyone off using him...me included!

Yup
02-08-2018, 10:31 PM
WHEN WILL WE SEE THE ODDS???????

Quoted for emphasis.

Amarthir
02-09-2018, 02:04 AM
It seems that Ascension isn't working like it should. My Astra usually does 1402 per hit with her basic, when she got Ascension from Hallowed Eddie her basic still only did 1402 per hit.

Did a bit more testing with Seventh Son Eddie and Astra WAS benefiting from Ascension. So I guess Hallowed Eddie's fury still isn't working quite right.

konstifik
02-09-2018, 06:38 AM

Thanks! By the way, how many missions are there in total?

Askora
02-09-2018, 01:45 PM
I think it's been mentioned before but, is there any fix planned for Clairvoyant's power skill. She's supposed to revive a random ally but it doesn't always work. I think it's because she chooses to try and revive someone who died with permadeath rather than one who died without it. Just saw it happen to the defense in PvP. Wouldn't have changed the outcome, but I felt sorry for her failed effort. :D

Mizrael
02-09-2018, 06:24 PM
Took a bit of a siesta. Came back after the update to try get some birds. Server error starting up the first skull quest.

Yeah timeouts are on the rise again. Last week was not bad for me but this week back to APMA and timeouts and app crashes - maybe three or four a day or so. Getting the win chest can take a fair bit of time too - something tells me they just need to get a better/bigger server or something as i have never seen this on any other game i play on my phone ever.....they can crash of course but very infrequently.

It would be good to get this fixed......and ASTRA too, is there something up with her ability to stun. I am getting owned so many times when I lose the coin toss and ASTRA stuns everyone or someone rmeoves my immunity and then she stuns most if not all of my team.....coin toss is becoming OP, LOL!

Also still seing a lot of GCOTD so the nerf/fix has not put everyone off using him...me included!

I have a feeling that this might be caused by those fancy lightning effects added. the game gets “heavier” with every graphic improvements added and gets hard for weaker devices to process. i am having massive lags even on my iphone 6 now, so androids might struggle even more with all those bling blings...

And: The bookmarks of 3 teams have disappeared from the skull quests! i was hoping that they would be added to the cosmos levels (to make farming troopers with eddies/allies easier), but they have been removed from another mode instead :/

Reeb99
02-09-2018, 06:32 PM
Yeah something has caused the game to lag a lot here lately when something with lots of buffs takes a hit. Mostly pvp, but the troll waves in pve also lag like mad. It was smooth as butter a few weeks ago other than the occasional pvp stutter.

Sparton_LOTB
02-09-2018, 06:41 PM
Heads up players; we've got a hotfix that has recently arrived. Part of the fixes are available from getting the App Store update, and part of them are already sent to you via server data fixes:

Fix for certain characters proccing effects conditional on removing effects, even if an effect is failed to be removed due to Perfect Immunity or being a Golden Positive Effect (reported most commonly as Astra stunning even when not removing an effect)
Fix for Hallowed Eddie's The Truth not providing positive effects to all allies
Improved stability to reduce frequency of random crashes
Improved load time into the game from the front end
Various other minor fixes

Sparton something to note for Vision's take. I was against someone who had an immortality 1 turn on one character and immortality infinite turns on another when Visions Eddie used his take move I was able to remove both but I was given the one turn immortality would think it should give the buff with longest life. I am thinking it gives the one with their position closest to the left.

Yeah, there's a general issue our game has when comparing status effects with infinite duration to status effects with a normal duration. Basically, it should be treating "infinite" as larger, but it doesn't always do that. I think this is prioritized to be worked on soon, and it'll fix similar issues to what you're describing as well.

This is something we're investigating, but thanks for posting to check.

.and ASTRA too, is there something up with her ability to stun. I am getting owned so many times when I lose the coin toss and ASTRA stuns everyone or someone rmeoves my immunity and then she stuns most if not all of my team.....coin toss is becoming OP, LOL!

That issue should be resolved based on the hot fix notes at the top of this post, thankfully.

It seems that Ascension isn't working like it should. My Astra usually does 1402 per hit with her basic, when she got Ascension from Hallowed Eddie her basic still only did 1402 per hit.

Did a bit more testing with Seventh Son Eddie and Astra WAS benefiting from Ascension. So I guess Hallowed Eddie's fury still isn't working quite right.

Yeah, that sounds like a data issue for Hallowed Eddie's The Truth. I'll look into getting that fixed for a subsequent update.

By the way, how many missions are there in total?

Right now, there is a total of 200 Mission Challenges, and you'll need to complete all 200 to complete an Achievement Challenge that'll give you fragments to earn the Crimson Pharaoh Dog.

I think it's been mentioned before but, is there any fix planned for Clairvoyant's power skill. She's supposed to revive a random ally but it doesn't always work. I think it's because she chooses to try and revive someone who died with permadeath rather than one who died without it. Just saw it happen to the defense in PvP. Wouldn't have changed the outcome, but I felt sorry for her failed effort. :D

Yeah, I think right now that's technically expected design (part of the value of Permadeath is increasing the likelihood of revive effects failing one way or another, and it revives a random ally, not a targeted ally). However, I can see how that can seem odd. I'll discuss that with Kaz and see what he thinks.

I have a feeling that this might be caused by those fancy lightning effects added. the game gets “heavier” with every graphic improvements added and gets hard for weaker devices to process. i am having massive lags even on my iphone 6 now, so androids might struggle even more with all those bling blings...

Yeah something has caused the game to lag a lot here lately when something with lots of buffs takes a hit. Mostly pvp, but the troll waves in pve also lag like mad. It was smooth as butter a few weeks ago other than the occasional pvp stutter.

The hot fix that has recently gone out should actually fix some of the spikes of lag or slowness that you guys are describing, so I'd recommend checking your respective stores to see if you've gotten that update.

Bradata
02-10-2018, 04:05 PM
Not sure if anyone reported this before but I just had a fight in PVP and Clairvoyant had soul protect on her but once it got activated, she got stunned from me for 3-4 turns and the counter never changed on the ghost icon, it staid on 3 all the time and I didn't have a toon to put a permadeath on her. I don't know if this was intended or it's a bug.

JJJ428
02-10-2018, 05:16 PM
The way ghost status works and always seems to have worked is it counts down after they make a move. Think like crit status, it only decreases after a move is made.

Fister
02-10-2018, 09:39 PM
That is not my experience. I froze a toon that died in one of the next moves. It stayed frozen and the duration of the ghost mode did count down.

Sparton_LOTB
02-21-2018, 12:29 AM
A second minor update will arrive to coincide with the end of the maintenance and the end of the Angry Birds Evolution tie-event. Part of the fixes are available from getting the App Store update, and part of them have already been sent to you via server data updates:

Adjusted the App Icon back to Trooper Eddie
Removed the Eddie the Bird loading screens from the loading screen rotation
The weekly rotating soul bundles in the store have been improved (now includes Mythical Soul Fragments + class Legendary Soul Fragments, has more class Rare Souls, and can be bought once per day instead of once per week)
The weekly rotating skill shard bundle in the store has been improved (now includes Mythical Soul Fragments + Frontier Coins, and has more Skill Shards)
The once-a-month Ironite bonus packs have been improved (higher quantities of Rare Souls)
Fix for Hallowed Eddie’s The Truth applying an Ascension which didn’t increase stats

In addition, the Eyes of the Nile event has now started. You can read the details and discuss the event with fellow players here (http://forum.ironmaidenlegacy.com/showthread.php?9828).

Liebhild
02-21-2018, 09:48 AM
Hey Sparton, why can't you answer that simple question why there is such a high defense bonus?????

AND WHERE ARE THE ODDS that Apple demands?????????

Do we have to report you first before we get answers?????

Sparton_LOTB
02-21-2018, 06:42 PM
The server update that just went live has fixed the Exquisite Soul Fragments to use the correct icon in all parts of the game (instead of just the store).

Yup
02-21-2018, 06:51 PM
Just burned through a full 80 SOT on Underworld Circle of Fire Madness... saw 10 Exquisite souls and 10 precious souls. Drop rates seem pretty horrid. But well.. I guess you get them for doing what you'd be doing normally anyway. So it no skin of the players back. :)

Also for what it's worth.... battled a team in the arena which obviously had Steel talismans on 3 characters (so they had to spend something to get 9 of them)... killed that entire team in ONE turn easily. So.... uhm.. users may think the invincibility actually matters when it often does not :)

Yup
02-21-2018, 06:54 PM
The server update that just went live has fixed the Exquisite Soul Fragments to use the correct icon in all parts of the game (instead of just the store).

Post update iOS... the Book of Souls still looks the same for Exquisite and Precious frags. (haven't had any drop since updating so.. )

Amarthir
02-21-2018, 08:17 PM
Also for what it's worth.... battled a team in the arena which obviously had Steel talismans on 3 characters (so they had to spend something to get 9 of them)... killed that entire team in ONE turn easily. So.... uhm.. users may think the invincibility actually matters when it often does not :)

Yeah, not much of a game changing set what with all the characters who can steal and remove effects. Might try them with Hallowed Eddie though at least his fury works now.

Bradata
02-21-2018, 11:42 PM
It looks to me that Astra got nerfed with the latest update. Did many runs testing my defense and she almost never removed buffs and stunned the opposite team toons same goes for her power move, nada. :p

Yup
02-22-2018, 08:39 AM
Astra seems fine here.

Sick
02-22-2018, 09:01 AM
It looks to me that Astra got nerfed with the latest update. Did many runs testing my defense and she almost never removed buffs and stunned the opposite team toons same goes for her power move, nada. :p

I even think she was buffed in the last update. Before the update, Immunity always protected against her Synthesis. Now she is removing Immunity and stunning you for that. If you have two positive effects including Immunity, it get's even worse. In the first turn she removes Immunity and in the second (guess everybody has Counterstrike equipped to her) she stuns you for stealing the second effect or puts Permadeath / Heal Block on you.

Liebhild
02-22-2018, 09:24 AM
And sparton, universe biggest joke, will not answer.

Typical behavior of trickster.

Everybody that is still investing real money in this fraudulent game is a fool.

Ian
02-25-2018, 08:01 AM
Hey Sparton, why can't you answer that simple question why there is such a high defense bonus?????

AND WHERE ARE THE ODDS that Apple demands?????????

Do we have to report you first before we get answers?????

I think you already know the answers to these questions