PDA

View Full Version : Dumbest thing you ever did in the game

MetalKing
02-09-2018, 12:51 PM
What's the dumbest thing you ever did in the game? Mine was sacrificing a 5 star the day before the trooper Eddie event came out(and I knew that particular part of the event was sacrifice) so I lost out on 100 frontier coins.

Mercifal
02-09-2018, 01:37 PM
Sacrificed my whole remaining roster on my previous account (GRE, Cyborg and some other 4* toons) just because I thought I have a chance of getting something cool. Well, learned my lesson.

Blade
02-09-2018, 02:03 PM
- powering up sacrificial hearts/gold idols
- buying talisman set for real money

Icarus
02-09-2018, 02:19 PM
- buying talisman set for real money

Well... It doesn't help in anything if you power up Idols, but if you power up Hearts it gives more escence in the Sacrifice, so it worth it to lvl up to lvl 100 before put it to sacrifice.

Also... the dumbest thing i did was buying a lot of Christmas souls bundles (maybe 5) with expectation to get the Coalgiver Eddie, but i just got a lot of duppeds and a Wait ticket until the next Christmas.

Blade
02-09-2018, 02:45 PM
Well... It doesn't help in anything if you power up Idols, but if you power up Hearts it gives more escence in the Sacrifice, so it worth it to lvl up to lvl 100 before put it to sacrifice.

Also... the dumbest thing i did was buying a lot of Christmas souls bundles (maybe 5) with expectation to get the Coalgiver Eddie, but i just got a lot of duppeds and a Wait ticket until the next Christmas.

It depends what you call "worth" :) There was another thread on that topic, see here: http://forum.ironmaidenlegacy.com/showthread.php?5761-What-Precious-Souls-Are-Worth
If the numbers are still the same you gain 800 in essence for a 5* heart if you lvl it to 100... thats ok if you lvl by playing powerslave etc (takes several days it would say) but neverever for investing XP-shards and gold for these 800 points.

Also, buying more than 1 pack of event souls (for curiosity) is dumb in my opinion! But we need a lot of people buying these for nice new servers ;)

Icarus
02-09-2018, 03:03 PM
It depends what you call "worth" :) There was another thread on that topic, see here: http://forum.ironmaidenlegacy.com/showthread.php?5761-What-Precious-Souls-Are-Worth
If the numbers are still the same you gain 800 in essence for a 5* heart if you lvl it to 100... thats ok if you lvl by playing powerslave etc (takes several days it would say) but neverever for investing XP-shards and gold for these 800 points.

Also, buying more than 1 pack of event souls (for curiosity) is dumb in my opinion! But we need a lot of people buying these for nice new servers ;)

Well, that means that now i have done another dumbest thing on this game haha.
Im actually powering up a Heart 1 lvl per day for the Challenges, and the sacrifice value raises, so now i'll check if it doesn't decrease because it is at lvl71 now, i can compare with a lvl1 Heart, i have a couple of them.

Edit: So the results are...
Heart lvl 1 = +3200
Heart lvl 71 = +3765

Maybe i should'nt get it to lvl 100 and that is all, since i have 2 mores, i'll try to stack one at lvl 99 and see what happens.

Blade
02-09-2018, 03:16 PM
So you are doing it for research, that's never dumb :)

Yup
02-09-2018, 05:30 PM

I would say evolve hearts/idols. ... There's no point to evolving them. A 4 star heart, evolved to 5 star and leveled to 100 is worth almost nothing more than a a 4 star heart at level 80. Leveling will increase their essence a bit.. it's evolving that does nothing.

Reeb99
02-09-2018, 06:18 PM
Buying souls to chase new characters. I rarely get them unless it is a 3 star trash character. Should have bought runes instead.

Kmadd69
02-12-2018, 06:06 AM
Sacked og eddie, gre, wme (which I got him and gre back through support thank fuck), soldier eddie yup like Fred Sanford would say I’m a big dummy.

Blade
02-12-2018, 11:14 AM
Sacked og eddie, gre, wme (which I got him and gre back through support thank fuck), soldier eddie yup like Fred Sanford would say I’m a big dummy.

This was stated by several people here in the forum. I think you guys are really (extremely) really lucky to get these characters back! It was totally clear that you would (normally) never ever be able to get them again! Or the other way round: As soon as it was clear to the devs, that some character specific missions would be implemented in the future, they should have "blocked" these specific characters from sacrifice. Or communicate on that in some way. Well I think the lesson might be learned for both sides.
My general advice: never sacrifice a non-dupe or accept the risk as we know (now) that missions change, character tuning takes place...

Kmadd69
02-15-2018, 05:57 PM
Pulled another dumb trick due to night of drinking the other day when I was playing trivia. Had a pharoah eddie dupe during the sack event and the pharaoh bird. Guess what happened?

Kmadd69
02-19-2018, 03:56 AM
Redemption is key. My dumb retarded ass got him back! Had to use a soul but I’m cool

Ironstyle
02-19-2018, 09:23 PM
TIFU: This actually happened last night. Got a vortex fill, redeemed a bunch of A/G souls, got two Corrupt Droid Assassins. I thought I already had one, so I sacked both of them. This blow was only slightly softened by the VHE I also got.

Kmadd69
02-22-2018, 08:39 PM
Vhe is awesome don’t sack him

T-Man
02-22-2018, 09:26 PM
During one of the events, I accidentally converted the frags of the event soul into precious soul fragments. Meant to claim the soul. :(

OdoyleRules
02-23-2018, 01:55 AM
Sold for Gold a ton of 5* and 4* Eddies and Toons before the Sacrifice option came out. Wanna know how much gold a Samurai eddie is.......yeah, dumb.

Ironstyle
02-23-2018, 04:16 PM
Vhe is awesome don’t sack him

I have absolutely no plan to. I've already maxed him out and made him my champion. As a non-noob rule, I don't sack anything unless it's a dupe. I just had a momentary lapse of intelligence...haha.

Patrice-1201
02-23-2018, 09:22 PM
On a drunk and sad night, i sacrificed almost all of my maxed allies to complete my Eddie Collection with the newly released Hallowed Soul... needless to say I did not get him... luckily he showed up by accident a week later and i since then re pulled everyone... i wont do that again for sure!

Yup
02-23-2018, 09:25 PM
Sold for Gold a ton of 5* and 4* Eddies and Toons before the Sacrifice option came out. Wanna know how much gold a Samurai eddie is.......yeah, dumb.

Always been amazed at how little gold toons are worth. I mean you'd think a 5 star Eddie would be worth 500k or 1M but nope. I often check prices jsut to check.. but don't actually sell any toons.

Ironstyle
02-23-2018, 10:00 PM
TIFU: This actually happened last night. Got a vortex fill, redeemed a bunch of A/G souls, got two Corrupt Droid Assassins. I thought I already had one, so I sacked both of them. This blow was only slightly softened by the VHE I also got.

And just like that, I pulled another Corrupt Droid Assassin. My stupid mistake has been quickly rectified.

7son
02-23-2018, 10:40 PM
Lol Kmad69 love the Sanford reference. Dumbest thing I did was sac almost my whole team, with exception of my most essential toons during the 7th Son event trying to get him. Even spent all my ironite and got around 100 evo souls, with no luck. Hell, 7th Son is even my name in the game. Did finally pull Navigator and Visions though. I only need 4 more Eddies now.