PDA

View Full Version : Wasted Love - Earn High-Essence Valentine’s Hearts from Sacrifice!

Sparton_LOTB
02-14-2018, 12:01 AM
Bring your fodder to the altar to earn an event exclusive resource character!

From now until February 20th, 4 PM PT, the sacrifice feature has been updated to have a Valentine’s Heart as a possible reward!

The Valentine’s Heart is an Assassin variant of the existing Sacrificial Heart characters. Like the other hearts, it won’t do you much good in combat, but is a sacrifice heart with an essence appropriate of a 4 star; perfect for adding to a sacrifice to get to the higher sacrifice tiers!

The changes to the sacrifice feature is as follows:

All sacrifice tiers have a chance of giving at least one Valentine’s Heart
Getting a Tier VI sacrifice has a chance of rewarding 3 Valentine’s Hearts at once (up to 9 Valentine’s Hearts for the minimum essence for that tier)
Getting a Tier VII sacrifice has a chance of rewarding 5 Valentine’s Hearts at once (up to 15 Valentine’s Hearts for the minimum essence for that tier)
Getting a Vortex guarantees 5 Valentine’s Hearts and 5 Skill Shards, in addition to normal Vortex rewards!

Important: The Valentine’s Heart is not available from souls, and is only expected to return for relevant events, so if you miss your chance to get one now, it’ll be a long while until it returns again!

Yup
02-14-2018, 12:02 AM
I'm like 200 essence away from a vortex fill. Been saving it for this :)

slauki
02-14-2018, 12:08 AM
will we get the hearts in addition to the regular rewards? or just in addition to regular vortex rewards?

Sparton_LOTB
02-14-2018, 12:32 AM
will we get the hearts in addition to the regular rewards? or just in addition to regular vortex rewards?

You get Valentine's Hearts (and extra Skill Shards) in addition to regular vortex rewards.

slauki
02-14-2018, 12:46 AM
You get Valentine's Hearts (and extra Skill Shards) in addition to regular vortex rewards.

yeah, got the vortex part, just wanted to ask if this also applies to the other tiers too. so for level 6 will we get 3 random rewards AND up to 3 hearts or 3 hearts instead of the other rewards? :)

Sparton_LOTB
02-14-2018, 12:50 AM
yeah, got the vortex part, just wanted to ask if this also applies to the other tiers too. so for level 6 will we get 3 random rewards AND up to 3 hearts or 3 hearts instead of the other rewards? :)

The other tiers just have the Heart as a possible reward. If you're getting a heart for a sacrifice tier's reward, that's in place of getting a different reward for that reward roll.

For example, if you do a tier 1 sacrifice, you'll get 1 reward for meeting the 100 Essence requirement. That could be a Heart, or that could be something else. Getting to 200 Essence means you'll get two rewards (which could give you 2 Hearts and nothing else, 2 other things, or 1 Heart and 1 other thing). It's the same idea for all of the sacrifice tier rewards.

Yup
02-14-2018, 12:55 AM
My recent Vortex fill (with only a tier I sacrifice) = 4 Legendary Souls, 5 Valentines Hearts, 7 Skill Shards

ShaneBazTe
02-14-2018, 06:50 AM
I’ve got VHE and enough skill shards to nearly max him so this event has been amazing for me already!

Mizrael
02-14-2018, 09:23 AM
Something is fishy about this event...

I started with sacrificing 2x3* for 336 essence. that gave me 10! hearts i a row. then i’ve done 3xtierVI no heart...
carried on with 3* and have never seen a heart since...

This game is full on reeeeeally strange coincidences indeed!

Digitalblaze
02-14-2018, 10:04 AM
3x exalted 1x grand sacrifice = 0 Valentine's heart's awesome too be a part of nothing
these events just force us to cannibalize our roster for a petty chance at sfa!

MoonShadow
02-14-2018, 10:43 AM
3x exalted 1x grand sacrifice = 0 Valentine's heart's awesome too be a part of nothingSame here, one exalted and two grand sacrifices gave me zero hearts... but I'm pretty much used in getting nothing from "special" events. Luckily, I was pushing for a vortex fill, buying some more souls and, after that, I got five hearts plus 25 G/A souls. After more sacrifices, including those hearts, I ended up getting a Lgendary and some sentinel plus rare souls. Which gave me - again - nothing new. Dupe power!

The only gain are some skill shards, not sure how many, but at least 10. Which is good. :o

Blade
02-14-2018, 10:55 AM
I think this event is designed to finally have a use for your stacked regular souls...so this indeed reminds my about the pumpkins!

reaverfx24
02-14-2018, 12:34 PM
Don't really see the point in this. We're sacrificing to gain items that give you more sacrifice essence. Ok so getting good rewards by using them is cool but they really should have made the hearts available by other means too.
Nothing crazy but maybe a few missions or challenges that rewarded them as well.

Mizrael
02-14-2018, 01:12 PM
They seem to have lowered the drop rate since the morning...

Seriously. i got like 14 hearts from tier 1 in the morning and now nothing...

Sparton. can you please check that the event is working as intended...along with the “lower power” mission in BNW, which doesn’t work. Time is ticking and we have only 1,5 day left to do over 120 levels which cost Floads of ironite!

Edit: I just got 1 lower power to register in GoF1, so don’t know if it has been fixed or only works in GoF...

Amarthir
02-14-2018, 02:00 PM
Something is fishy about this event...

I started with sacrificing 2x3* for 336 essence. that gave me 10! hearts i a row. then i’ve done 3xtierVI no heart...
carried on with 3* and have never seen a heart since...

This game is full on reeeeeally strange coincidences indeed!

It was like that with me and the pumpkins. At first they were dropping like rain in about every petty sacrifice I did but after a while I stopped seeing them almost entirely.

So far after a bunch of petty sacrifices and one grand sacrifice I've seen 2 hearts.

MetalKing
02-14-2018, 05:27 PM
I did one exalted sacrifice. I did not receive any of the special hearts. On the bright side I got a hallowed Eddie out of one of the rare ga souls.

GotN
02-14-2018, 05:55 PM
Tier VI sac, no heart, no extra reward. Will not throw in any of my saved up 4* and 5* dupe char dupes, cause this is total shit!

Ironstyle
02-14-2018, 05:55 PM
I just sacked a ton of 3* toons and got...nothing at all. I SHOULD be able to get an exalted sacrifice by the 20th, so maybe I will get a heart or two with that, haha.

natasar
02-14-2018, 05:57 PM
Same for me: nothing on a lvl VI sac. Got 5 hearts from the following vortex fill, however. I also had 300+ normal souls stacked and did some 30+ lvl 1 to 3 sacrifices from them - for not a single valentine's heart...

osiris0000
02-14-2018, 06:46 PM
Actually i can't see any point to complain about this event. Rng is rng, and one way or another you get extra stuff, in worst case you refill your vortex eventually and get your guaranteed extra drops there.

This kind of events are the best opportunity to bbq(sacrifice)! So, keep the bbq going troopers ;)

https://biyografi.kim/wp-content/uploads/2017/02/nusret-gokce-vikipedi.jpg

Ironstyle
02-14-2018, 06:52 PM
Actually i can't see any point to complain about this event.

Oh, I'm not complaining. An event is an event, and better than just running through the underworld or the other dungeons every day. I was just throwing in my 2 cents. I've never had much luck with sac events so I had no reason to believe this event would be any different. In any case, the game is fun and I welcome any event. I've had decent luck with pulls in the past with a decent roster of toons, so it's all good. Just waiting for the Sasquatch that is Night City and The Silent Planet to appear...

Actually, I'm pretty damn excited for the relics and the gauntlet too.

slauki
02-14-2018, 07:00 PM
these events are awesome, everyone who complains doesn't see the full potential that lies in here.

Ironstyle
02-14-2018, 07:04 PM
I fully agree. Besides...it's a free game...so what's there to complain about?

Demoonchild
02-14-2018, 09:04 PM
I just want to say a big "THANKS" to the devs for this great event, I was even close to make a whole thread to thank them.
Im not a big fan of the Birdies either but to add 4 new characters, plus missions, and give us the char with no RNG at all is just great.
Now the Sacrifice event for me has being just crazy too...

Keep on doing the right things guys, even arena is more funny now with Fuckin' Visions, 7 Son, VHE and Aces... it was never so diverse.

Nice Job Nodding Frog!!!

Chaosego888
02-14-2018, 09:21 PM
They seem to have lowered the drop rate since the morning...

Seriously. i got like 14 hearts from tier 1 in the morning and now nothing...

Sparton. can you please check that the event is working as intended...along with the “lower power” mission in BNW, which doesn’t work. Time is ticking and we have only 1,5 day left to do over 120 levels which cost Floads of ironite!

Edit: I just got 1 lower power to register in GoF1, so don’t know if it has been fixed or only works in GoF...I was able to get the 60 times lowering effects auto-playing Garden of Life on level VIII with Pharaoh Eddie/Golden Pharaoh Dog/Alliance General/Assassin Corrupt Rescuer. Energy on Eddie and the dog. It only took about 8 or 10 runs... and the hearts, just typical not-so-RNG, If you get one from a level I, keep dropping and plenty more will come.

Reeb99
02-14-2018, 09:40 PM
All in all, I ended up getting VHE, a red CR, and 14 skill shards after sacrificing many dupes. I'd say that was worth stockpiling the souls for a couple weeks, even though some of the skill shards came from achievements.

Amarthir
02-14-2018, 10:23 PM
After throwing out a bunch of 4*s and hearts I got 2 Exalted sacrifices and a ring fill, other than a couple more 4*s, a dupe Rainmaker Eddie and like 10 skill shards, I didn't really score anything great.

Funny how I hope for rare souls and end up with only GA souls. Must have opened over 50 GA souls and only 20 rare souls total. No legendary souls and no hearts other than the 5 hearts from the ring fill.

druid138
02-14-2018, 11:05 PM
This event has identical specs to the Pumpkin Event. Assuming similar (or even close to similar) drop rates, it's gonna be a great week!

With the Pumpkins, I found that the low tier sacrifices dropped them in clusters. The same may be true for Hearts. So, if you haven't had any luck yet, keep at it. We have a week, which allows plenty of time for soul gathering in LoL. To echo slauki's sentiment, this event has a ton of potential if you're willing to go for it. For me, the Pumpkin Event even out-shined the Immortal Event.

I've done only one big sacrifice so far for this event. A Tier 6 didn't give any Hearts, but it did give 16 Rare GAs that brought my first Navigator. So, that in itself, makes this event a success for me. But, lots of time left for more.

blade685
02-15-2018, 06:29 PM
many sacrifices and never see Valentine’s Hearts :D

JJJ428
02-15-2018, 06:55 PM
It really is weird how rng seems to work in cycles. I did about 300 regular souls got nothing but my next 100 I got about 4 hearts plus 3 more hearts on my next level 6 sacrifice after doing 5 level 6 sacrifices and getting no hearts. Just when the right rolls come up you got to start sacking everything.

scott-5496
02-16-2018, 11:17 AM
The events have been good and glad to see them. my luck, as ever, is rubbish. I did nearly 300 souls on the top end of tier one (nine common and one 3 star) and got zero hearts. I did get five from a ring fill but nothign from the two level 6 I did......lots of skill Shards though (14 I think), 5 GA, 14 legendary and then got another Alchemist soul so really for just a pure grind out and no actual costs this event and the others have been spot on and if we get more of the same that will be fine by me.

Got my four birds too with Cyborg completed last night - I think in total a spent one or two refilss on SoT over the last five days so happy enough with that and all the extra stuff I got from LOL and BNW.

So all is good and with more to come I am pleased with the way the devs are taking the game.

natasar
02-16-2018, 11:33 AM
Totally agree. Although I am not a huge fan of the bird characters, I like the concept of the event very much. Very "diversified" and rewards are achievable to almost everyone without having to grind all day. Thanks devs - more of the same please!

Personally, I did not have any luck at the valentine's sacrifice yet too (only got the five hearts from a vortex fill and nothing special from lots of Tier I to VI sacrifices), but the event is still running for a couple more days and anyway, five extra 4* chars are always better than nothing.

Patrice-1201
02-16-2018, 01:10 PM
Totally agree. Although I am not a huge fan of the bird characters, I like the concept of the event very much. Very "diversified" and rewards are achievable to almost everyone without having to grind all day. Thanks devs - more of the same please!

Personally, I did not have any luck at the valentine's sacrifice yet too (only got the five hearts from a vortex fill and nothing special from lots of Tier I to VI sacrifices), but the event is still running for a couple more days and anyway, five extra 4* chars are always better than nothing.

yeah got nothing there as well until this morning where 2 consecutive Tier 1 gave me 2 hearts... go figure...

blade685
02-16-2018, 02:09 PM
rng is always a shit for many players in that game :rolleyes:

GotN
02-16-2018, 04:22 PM
yeah got nothing there as well until this morning where 2 consecutive Tier 1 gave me 2 hearts... go figure...

Can confirm that. 3 Tier VI sacs gave me no heart. Did many Tier I 300+ sacs that gave me 2 hearts so far. Although many rare and G/A souls gave me only a few new 4* chars I am pretty satisfied with rng atm. Got a dupe Pharao Eddie (wow, never saw him from souls, mine is from seven day presents last year), a dupe Visions Eddie (wow again, after getting him very early never saw him again) and a dupe Seventh Son Eddie (all natural 5* for newbies). Don’t know, how many souls I put in but must have been around 100 rare ones. And like always, G/A gave the worst results. Really don’t understand that! Price is far from justified!

Askora
02-16-2018, 06:07 PM
Event was a win for me. 500+ (I think) regular souls sac'ed. Got 5 hearts (once the first one dropped, the others followed right behind). Sac'ed those to hit the vortex. More hearts and souls, plus a few skill shards.

Decided that since I had only one vortex fill to go to get the alchemist (vortex fill #8 since he was introduced) I'd go for it. Dropped about 50 rares. Sac'ed them along with my dupe VHE and Aces High making an ultimate sacrifice in the process. 40 g/a souls from that. Made the vortex again to finally claim the alchemist (9 fills).

Dropped the rare g/a's to find that VHE and Aces High came back with Hallowed Eddie (not a dupe for me) in tow. No Astra (still), but did get like my 9th or 10th Eda. As a bonus, I ended up only about 8 rare souls short of where I started. So, essentially for those few rares I scored Alchemist, Hallowed Eddie and about 30 skill shards. Only missing Trooper to rejoin the all Eddies club, but so far I've been too stubborn to spend the frontier coins.

Yup
02-16-2018, 06:24 PM
Sort of seems like there's a cap on the number of hearts one can get.

I got 4 when the event accidentally went live early.

Then during the event I did a vortex fill and got 5... did a few more sacrifices, including a lvl 4 and 6 I believe.... and never saw another heart.

FarmerEddie
02-16-2018, 07:48 PM
Sort of seems like there's a cap on the number of hearts one can get.

I got 4 when the event accidentally went live early.

Then during the event I did a vortex fill and got 5... did a few more sacrifices, including a lvl 4 and 6 I believe.... and never saw another heart.

The trick is in the amount of sacrifices you make and not their tier. Ive gotten over 25of those hearts already, but i also had over 1000 regular souls saved up. A lot of those hearts came from those. Rng really comes in streaks in this game so it's nice to have lots of regular souls stacked up to take advantage of it when it the altar starts spotting out hearts.

No new characters yet but I'm hoping something good is waiting in the 100 plus g/a souls I'm saving for tonight. Hopefully that damned purple child is hiding in there.

Personally I love these events. Just like the Halloween one, if you have lots of souls hoarded you should do ok.

GotN
02-16-2018, 09:36 PM
The trick is in the amount of sacrifices you make and not their tier.

That is not completely correct. Did 10 Tier 6 sacrifices so far. First 8 gave no heart, but last 2 each 3 hearts. So it's the amount of sacrifices you make here too.

No new characters yet but I'm hoping something good is waiting in the 100 plus g/a souls I'm saving for tonight. Hopefully that damned purple child is hiding in there.

I hoarded that much G/A souls last year too hoping for Cyborg or Aces High. Didn’t get them. But ass CotD appeared. Hope you have the same luck. I'll keep my fingers crossed man!

Update: another Tier 6 sacrifice and 6 (!!!) hearts dropped. And no, it was no vortex fill.

R1ck
02-16-2018, 09:48 PM
Again not satisfied with soul summon events, dropped like 700 regular souls for only 2 hearts, sometimes the game makes me feel my account is cursed.

Kamuz24z
02-18-2018, 04:48 AM
This sacrifice event was really good for me a lot of hearts and SS, RNG was on my side this time

scott-5496
02-19-2018, 12:20 PM
I got all four birds last week and two extras to sac. But the big win in at last I got Cyborg Eddie - been my main want since the start so that made me smile - though it took a lot of sac to get him and so many tier 6 but I am not moaning at all - very pleased with that and the SS that I used to finish off a few toons and Eds - now all I need is more SS to fill up Cyborg as he was one of the last pulls from a legendary soul.....I got some decent sac toons from this and was pretty lucky with GA souls and legendary which game me more five star than four star for a change.

Just so pleased to have Cyborg...now I could do with the pain in the ass that is SS Ed and Eda......maybe next year lol.

Ironstyle
02-19-2018, 04:24 PM
I feel like this sac event went well for a lot of people. For most of this event, I was getting ZERO valentines hearts. I had all but given up. Then last night, I got three. Then I got two more. I leveled them up, sacked them along with some level 100 dupe eddies and got...VHE! Along with some other long awaited toons. I'm stoked and very pleased! I'm glad to see others with equally good luck. Now, if I can only get Cyborg to drop...

Fudjo
02-19-2018, 05:48 PM
I feel like this sac event went well for a lot of people. For most of this event, I was getting ZERO valentines hearts. I had all but given up. Then last night, I got three. Then I got two more. I leveled them up, sacked them along with some level 100 dupe eddies and got...VHE! Along with some other long awaited toons. I'm stoked and very pleased! I'm glad to see others with equally good luck. Now, if I can only get Cyborg to drop...

Nice!

I had a really weird run of it Sunday morning. I had a load of 4-star toons ready to be sacrificed, then cashed in an Eternity Soul and got a Clairvoyant, which gave me enough for a Tier VI sacrifice. Got 5 GA souls and 40 Rare souls out of that, which turned into a dupe Ace's High Eddie and a pile of other toons. That turned out to be enough for another Tier VI and put me over the Vortex line, which turned into a giant pile of hearts, skill shards, and soul gems. That started a wave of Tier VI sacrifices involving repeated piles of hearts, plus a dupe Rainmaker and a dupe Viking, putting me over the Vortex line again. I'm currently about 60% down the Vortex track again, plus another spare dupe Ace's High Eddie. Amazingly, I didn't get any Eddies or other toons I didn't have already, but I came out of it with about 50 skill shards and 40 Alchemist fragments. Whew!

Ironstyle
02-19-2018, 05:54 PM
Nice!

I had a really weird run of it Sunday morning. I had a load of 4-star toons ready to be sacrificed, then cashed in an Eternity Soul and got a Clairvoyant, which gave me enough for a Tier VI sacrifice. Got 5 GA souls and 40 Rare souls out of that, which turned into a dupe Ace's High Eddie and a pile of other toons. That turned out to be enough for another Tier VI and put me over the Vortex line, which turned into a giant pile of hearts, skill shards, and soul gems. That started a wave of Tier VI sacrifices involving repeated piles of hearts, plus a dupe Rainmaker and a dupe Viking, putting me over the Vortex line again. I'm currently about 60% down the Vortex track again, plus another spare dupe Ace's High Eddie. Amazingly, I didn't get any Eddies or other toons I didn't have already, but I came out of it with about 50 skill shards and 40 Alchemist fragments. Whew!

Damn, kinda sucks you didn't get any new toons, but hey, all those skill shards I'm sure came in handy!

Fudjo
02-19-2018, 06:08 PM
Damn, kinda sucks you didn't get any new toons, but hey, all those skill shards I'm sure came in handy!

It's definitely a useful haul! Haha!

I figure I'll hold on to the dupe Ace's High and use it in the next sacrifice event. I'm a week away from my next Trooper soul, which if it isn't Warlord (the one I'm missing), will get used with Ace's High for another Tier VI.

JJJ428
02-19-2018, 06:23 PM
That’s why I love either the sac events or the double odds from souls. If rng falls your way can do sacrifice after sacrifice and see all the skill shards and perhaps missing characters come in.

FarmerEddie
02-20-2018, 04:01 PM
That is not completely correct. Did 10 Tier 6 sacrifices so far. First 8 gave no heart, but last 2 each 3 hearts. So it's the amount of sacrifices you make here too.

I hoarded that much G/A souls last year too hoping for Cyborg or Aces High. Didn’t get them. But ass CotD appeared. Hope you have the same luck. I'll keep my fingers crossed man!

Update: another Tier 6 sacrifice and 6 (!!!) hearts dropped. And no, it was no vortex fill.

Thanks man! No purple child but finally nabbed Astra (×2). I love these events. Other than Astra, no new characters but lots of skill shards, and honestly even though they were all dupes, I really can't complain about the drop rate of 4 and 5 star characters. They seemed to drop a lot more than usual. One good example would be : I opened a stack of 68 rare souls, got 1 5 star (pdk) and 11 4 stars, 3 of which were Eddies. I spent over 6 million gold on simply opening souls, but it was fun. I'm really not missing many characters (purple child, the Bub and the 3 latest Eddies), so my souls will now probably be hoarded until the next x2 chance for 4 and 5 star characters event, unless there's another kickass sacrifice event like this one or the pumpkin one. These events should be sponsored by Energizer, because if you're lucky the altar just keeps on going and going. 😁

Sick
02-20-2018, 05:29 PM
It has been a really good event for me as well. One of the Evo Souls I received for completing the missions gave me Aces High. The next day I got Samurai from a single Legendary Soul. I was already starting to feel weird that I could not get those in almost two years. Now it is just the three new Eds, the green Fatboy and the Witch Doc that I am missing.