PDA

View Full Version : [feedback] about the grinding, again

talpuz
08-20-2016, 11:33 AM
This has already been brought up several times, I just wanted to write something about it in the "suggestions & feedback" section.

In my opinion, right now, the game requires a huge grinding effort in order to get to the interesting part.

To elaborate, I like the fact that in the new dungeons we're seeing some variety of challenges where different characters can be helpful in different situations, and we have to think about strategies a bit.
What I don't like, is that I have a very limited number of "useful" (=leveled up enough) characters and talismans, so I can't really have fun trying out different strategies. I do have a bunch of unleveled characters and talismans that I could level up and try out, but probably I could level only a very limited number of them right now, because I'm lacking resources. Because of this I would have to chose what to level before trying out the various combinations, unless I play all day to grind gold and runes/shards.
If leveling up stuff was less demanding, I feel that I could have a lot more fun with the game.

I'm aware that there's no quick or easy solution to this, but it would be nice if this problem was addressed in the future.

(also, feel free to disagree with me, of course! :) )

ngoni
08-20-2016, 03:04 PM
I agree completely! I need 3* rainbow talisman evo runes. So I go to the hardest content in the game (outside of the broken yellow dungeon boss) underworld madness and begin farming. One day with 80 sands I got ONE rune! (and a lot of 1* rewards. gee thanks I'm clearing the most difficult content in the game and you give me the same stuff people just starting out get) The next day I used over 80 sands and got TWO runes! Extrapolating from this if a new player was trying to outfit their five character slots with six talismans for each character it would take them 135 days to finish the first set of talismans!! Sorry no one is going to sit behind a grindwall that long to finish their first team.

I admit during the first month the drops may have been a bit generous, but the over-correction was insane in the other direction. Devs need to look at the drop rates they've provided the players and what that means from a time investment perspective.

jpmusic
08-20-2016, 03:18 PM
Indeed, we've mentioned this before... But it's the truth, grinding is very tiring since by doing a mission you get 1, maybe 2 rewards if you're lucky. And if your doing Underworld Madness levels it's awful to receive 2* stuff since it's pretty obvious you don't need it anymore.

My suggestion would be to make 3* runes exclusive to Underworld, and increase the rewards for each level, it can be a pain to go through what the 2 folks above have.

:)

Baba-8301
08-20-2016, 03:49 PM
One option for trying strategies is to use troopers. If you are lucky you will have something useful to experiment with - for example I was struggling with the yellow boss today, tried Beeboo's possessed rockets and found it was the missing link.

Vaseodin
08-20-2016, 04:06 PM
The grind truly is frustrating. The deva can fix drop rates with one of the hit fix updates, literally increase the percentage by a bit. It would help quite a bit.

Beeboo
08-20-2016, 04:46 PM
Glad they helped. Don't remember why I leveled them up but I'm glad I did.

Jennie-5128
08-21-2016, 07:44 PM
I've got 16 characters at 4* lev80 now, waiting to be levelled up. It frustrates me to have to use them to grind because then I am wasting xp that could be levelling someone else. RainbowEVO shards are a HUGE bottleneck. The time rift dungeons are NOT the panacea we were promised for this problem.

Please, devs, sort this problem out.

PerthEddie
08-21-2016, 11:10 PM
I've got 16 characters at 4* lev80 now, waiting to be levelled up. It frustrates me to have to use them to grind because then I am wasting xp that could be levelling someone else. RainbowEVO shards are a HUGE bottleneck. The time rift dungeons are NOT the panacea we were promised for this problem.

Please, devs, sort this problem out.

Glad to see it is not just me who thinks this. Huge +1 from me on this post

aur0ra85
08-22-2016, 12:16 AM
I quite like the new dungeons. Super cool, however I agree that the rainbow evo shard and rune hunt has gotten tiresome. I feel like it's to the point where previously spending money on gold could fix the upgrade issues, but that's not even on the table anymore sadly. There is so many different combos I'd like to try, but progression aince August 9th has been a standstill.

Kaijester
08-22-2016, 12:54 AM
After less than a week of Time Rifts, I have gotten 9x3* rainbow shards so I'm beginning to feel a kinda balance here.

People might say that there's because I've plenty of 5* characters already but a 4* character with 5* talismans can do the job of a 5* character, so imo people who are having difficulties with the harder dungeon should go back to Underworld and grind for talisman upgrades first.

Jennie-5128
08-22-2016, 01:01 AM
Kaijester, the problem is 9 rainbow EVO shards is enough to evolve ONE character. I have 16 characters ready. And yeah I'm spending time & (sands of time) in battlefield & underworld farming for talisman upgrades too, but that just means I level up more characters who are then waiting to upgrade.

Vaseodin
08-22-2016, 01:14 AM
Kaijester, the problem is 9 rainbow EVO shards is enough to evolve ONE character. I have 16 characters ready. And yeah I'm spending time & (sands of time) in battlefield & underworld farming for talisman upgrades too, but that just means I level up more characters who are then waiting to upgrade.

It's frustrating, but I have hope that the devs will get the drop rates right after some trial and error. The sweet spot is there somewhere!

Kaijester
08-22-2016, 01:30 AM
1 week for upgrade to a 5* character. What are you going to do if you upgrade like 16 characters in 2-3 weeks time? New. content will not be out yet, so people will find another game instead?

Jennie-5128
08-22-2016, 01:35 AM
1 week for upgrade to a 5* character. What are you going to do if you upgrade like 16 characters in 2-3 weeks time? New. content will not be out yet, so people will find another game instead?

I'd be able to start leveling them again. Right now I'm reluctant to play with any of them, even for farming, because the xp is wasted. If they were 5* lev1 I'd be much LESS likely to go do other things than having them stuck at an impasse of 4*lev80 unable to develop.

aur0ra85
08-22-2016, 02:05 AM
After less than a week of Time Rifts, I have gotten 9x3* rainbow shards so I'm beginning to feel a kinda balance here.

People might say that there's because I've plenty of 5* characters already but a 4* character with 5* talismans can do the job of a 5* character, so imo people who are having difficulties with the harder dungeon should go back to Underworld and grind for talisman upgrades first.

I kinda feel like we'll agree to disagree. Sorry, throw me a bone on the talismans then? Idk. I'd like to try all sorts of different setups with characters and talismans, but there is almost nothing I can do. I'm happy a lot of the high end bugs have been sorted at this point. I feel like the upgrade runes and rainbow shards are so rare it's scary proposition upgrading anything you aren't sure is going to work out 100% and be OP. Part of the fun for me at end game is trying new things. At this moment, I can't try new things. Even with the great new content, meta and game feel stale.

Gonzo
08-22-2016, 02:13 AM
Since this Dungeon and the Warrior one are easier, right now. People with less amount of 5* should be able to farm higher levels and get rainbow shards...

Make sure you spend some ironite refilling your Sands of Time.

As I wrote this the last boss one shotted my entire party ROFL!!!!! Respect him :P

Jennie-5128
08-22-2016, 02:21 AM
Part of the fun for me at end game is trying new things. At this moment, I can't try new things. Even with the great new content, meta and game feel stale.
Exactly this.

And yeah, Gonzo, I've got enough ironite for a few refills. But not right now. It's coming up for 3am here & I'm bushed...

URock
08-22-2016, 08:46 AM
2 days farming the gunner timerift (more then 50 times) and all I got were 3 3* yellow evo shards. What a waste of time!

I need only one shard and now I have to wait for the next Gunner Timerift??? Wait every 3 days for the highest secret dungeon???

Where do the 3* yellow evo shards drop? Secret Dungeons? What level? Normal? Hard? Madness?

Hey, developers! We need more information about droprates and new ways to get evo shards. I got so many 2* shards and got nothing to do with them! What about level up shards? 50 2* to get 1 3* f.e.?

osogaru
08-23-2016, 10:27 AM
I play everyday.
In july, I got approx 18x 3* rainbow evo shards > I upgraded 2 characters at 5* > I think it's a good rate.
In August : I got 3x 3* rainbox evo shards... I farm time rift levels 8-10 every day > so : 3 monthes to upgrade 1 character ? come on ...