PDA

View Full Version : Ascension Talismans

Askora
02-18-2018, 11:12 PM
Curious as to whether anyone actually uses these? I've got some, but not leveled them up as they don't seem to be much of a gain compared to most of the other talismans.

Is there any chance these might be improved? Don't think they should double stats, but 5% seems pretty low.

Amarthir
02-19-2018, 12:20 AM
I don't think I've used them before on anyone, seems wasteful when you look at all of the much better talisman sets out there. Maybe they could be changed to give Ascension status for one or two turns. That'd be cool.

The Educated fool
02-19-2018, 12:57 AM
I leveled a couple sets of these long ago to test them, but they are definitely the ultimate throwaway set out there. I just use them as extra greens, these days.

They definitely would be a lot cooler if they did grant Ascension! Methinks they'd have to be a lot less common drops though, for that to happen. lol :cool:

EDIT: It would seem that my Axis Commander-remembering brain was thinking of the Talismans formerly known as Ascension (now Warp) when I posted this, not the new taste of Ascension (formerly Warp)... curses, foiled again! lol The yellow Ascension talismans sit on a toon or two of mine with nary a bit of development, and represent one of two types of talismans in the entire game that I have never bothered to develop (the other being Ivory). I apologize for my confusion. For what it's worth, and just as Yup has already posted below, I have heard that they can indeed be useful when Chance talismans aren't available, but, as I've always been rich in Chance, I've never had occasion to bother with them.

Askora
02-19-2018, 01:52 AM
Guess mine will just sit for now then. I think guaranteed full ascension of stats would be way to OP, especially as a 2-set. 10% or even 15% would be more appropriate I think. If they stack you could get some good numbers, HP might be out of line then.

The Educated fool
02-19-2018, 01:59 AM
Guaranteed Ascension from a set of talismans would never happen, I don't think...even as a four-set of rare talis. It would probably be a 12% chance to trigger if it ever did happen though, like Freeze/Paralysis talis, and best as a (rare) three-set, I would say. Maybe one day... :cool:

Amarthir
02-19-2018, 02:56 AM
Yeah true, I'd be fine with maybe a 15-25% boost and make them a 3 or 4 set for compensation. That way it's a decent boost but we can't stack them like madmen.

Yup
02-19-2018, 03:52 AM
I use them.... the Will and Bullwork versions offer a decent HP boost (3k) and the special boost can be helpful. I mostly use then on non-gunner toons where there's more benefit to boosting Special than anything else. Boost talismans are okay, but having the completely stats boost is often better than just the 25% special.

Granted I replace them with Chance when possible. Truth is, there aren't a whole lot of gunner talismans that are fantastic to use - Angel and Chance is about it.. Thief if you really want Fury to fire often.

I would also disagree I find the Purge set to be among the most useless set out there. They rarely pull buffs and they heal so little they might as well not.

Reeb99
02-19-2018, 04:40 AM
I think I have a set on my Alliance General from before the talismans were overhauled. It was basically just to build fury faster. I never bothered to take them off him.

Edit: If I remember correctly, they used to add special based on MR, which was perfect for the general. Somebody changed them because they thought they were useless, and now they are way more useless than ever before. Let that be a lesson to those who want to change things just did changes sake.

Amarthir
02-19-2018, 04:58 AM
I have almost every yellow set maxed out and many can be useful depending on who they're used on. But Chance, Invisibility and Angel are my top 3 as well. Purge are iffy because on the low proc rate, but when they do work it is very helpful. Which is why I put them on my Val. Her 3 hit AOE seems to help them proc more often, and it gets her multiple heals sometimes.

Yup
02-19-2018, 05:11 AM
Not sure Purge is doing much there. I tried them... saw no benefit, especially on Astra because Astra, by default, removes buffs with her basic hit. I suspect your'e seeing Astra doing what Astra does more than the Purge talismans doing anything (except the heal).

And Chance make her hit harder.. if you need heal.. vampiric pretty much guarantees 3 heals on perfect hits. I have 2 Astras.. one has Chance and Immortality.. the other has Vampiric and Thief.

I've got at least 6 level 50 5 star Purge talismans just sitting in inventory because I can't find any character they are actually beneficial on.

(I forgot about invisibility.. yeah that, chance and angel are really the standout sets.)

Amarthir
02-19-2018, 05:35 AM
I was talking about Val the Sentinel Valkyrie, her power move is rather poor but her basic kicks ass.

My Astra has a Void/Blind combo. Using it in conjunction with Val who has Energy/Purge you can pretty reliably take away their buffs in addition to swashing them with debuffs.