PDA

View Full Version : Eyes of the Nile Event - Special Offers for Gold and EXCLUSIVE Talismans!

Sparton_LOTB
02-21-2018, 12:29 AM
Capitalize on special deals for rare talismans and other offers, including items not otherwise available!

From now until Feb 26th, 4 PM PT, fragments of certain souls have become available in places they normally are not available, including a brand new type of fragment that can be used to purchase some very rare and unique talismans!

In all 4 of the Cosmos worlds, there’s a chance to earn Precious Soul Fragments, which can reward Sacrificial Hearts and Golden Idols of varying values (Ailing Kingdom, Kingdom of the Sands, Battlefield, and Underworld)
In Skull Quests, there’s a chance to earn Exquisite Soul Fragments from each quest. You can also buy these fragments from the store for Gold! Exquisite Fragments are unique, and can be used in 1 of 2 ways: 1) Use 100 Fragments to claim a 3-5★ Precious Soul Character OR 2) Spend Exquisite Fragments in the store on Steel Talismans or Purge Talismans!

Steel Talismans are red talismans with a 3 set effect that is not available anywhere else! Equip a full set to start battle with Invincibility for 2 turns!

Purge Talismans are yellow talismans with a 3 set effect. Equip a full set to have a chance to Remove Beneficial Effects and heal yourself when you do a perfect basic attack!

But that’s not all! There’s some special new deals to take advantage of in the Store, with almost all of them available to be purchased for Gold! All of the following is available for the duration of the event:

Steel Talismans (Fierce) [EVENT EXCLUSIVE] (115 Exquisite Soul Fragments, 3/event)
Steel Talismans (Safeguard) [EVENT EXCLUSIVE] (115 Exquisite Soul Fragments, 3/event)
Steel Talismans (Skilled) [EVENT EXCLUSIVE] (115 Exquisite Soul Fragments, 3/event)
Purge Talismans (Will) (50 Exquisite Soul Fragments, 3/event)
Purge Talismans (Bulwark) (50 Exquisite Soul Fragments, 3/event)
Purge Talismans (Onslaught) (50 Exquisite Soul Fragments, 3/event)
Exquisite Soul Fragments x50 (200K Gold, 1/day)
Exquisite Soul Fragments x50 (1M Gold, unlimited availability)
Exquisite Soul Fragments x250 (750 Ironite, 1/event)
Ironite x75 (150K Gold, 1/event)
Ironite x100 (500K Gold, 1/event)
Skill Shard x3 (1.5M Gold, 1/event)
XP Boost for 24 hours (150K Gold, 1/day)
Legendary Soul x1 (Guaranteed 4-5★ of any class! 5M Gold, 1/event)
Warrior Legendary Soul x1 (Guaranteed 4-5★ WARRIORS only! 10M Gold, 1/event)
Magus Legendary Soul x1 (Guaranteed 4-5★ MAGUSES only! 10M Gold, 1/event)
Sentinel Legendary Soul x1 (Guaranteed 4-5★ SENTINELS only! 10M Gold, 1/event)
Gunner Legendary Soul x1 (Guaranteed 4-5★ GUNNERS only! 15M Gold, 1/event)
Assassin Legendary Soul x1 (Guaranteed 4-5★ ASSASSINS only! 15M Gold, 1/event)

Important: The Steel Talismans are not available anywhere else, so if you miss the opportunity to collect a full set, it may be a very long time until you get another chance!

Sparton_LOTB
02-21-2018, 12:31 AM
Minor note: The Exquisite Soul Fragments, when earned in combat/viewed in the Fragments screen, have the same icon as the Precious Soul Fragment. We will be doing a server update within the next 24 hours to correct that to the unique icon for them shown in the store.

zamasu
02-21-2018, 04:18 AM
Sparton. Check the droprate please. Out of 40 plays in battlefield madness and only 10 fragments dropped

Sick
02-21-2018, 06:27 AM
Sparton. Check the droprate please. Out of 40 plays in battlefield madness and only 10 fragments dropped

Well that’s 10 more than I received. Seems to be the first pure „pay for rewards“ event.

Sick
02-21-2018, 07:28 AM
Have put a set of Steel Talis on my champion. Feel free to test.

crapmaster
02-21-2018, 09:36 AM
Same here! All fragments I have are the once I got in store!

slauki
02-21-2018, 09:59 AM
it's pretty cool that we can get good stuff from ingame currency like gold. i like this a lot, it's very fair because gold is pretty easy to farm in the long run.
much better for the players compared to real Money purchases. so thank you for this nice gesture.

blade685
02-21-2018, 10:08 AM
many battles on power slave and no fragment, there is a big problem of drop rate like often :o

Symbiote
02-21-2018, 10:10 AM
Yup, after 20 runs still no fragment drop..
The only two 5x drops were at the skull quests.

blade685
02-21-2018, 10:12 AM
Yup, after 20 runs still no fragment drop..
The only two 5x drops were at the skull quests.
0 in all skull for now

Symbiote
02-21-2018, 11:03 AM
Yeah it feels like a drop rate 1:1000000000 :D
Feels familiar. xD

But like slauki said, some things like ironite and xp for gold is nice.

blade685
02-21-2018, 11:23 AM
Yeah it feels like a drop rate 1:1000000000 :D
Feels familiar. xD

But like slauki said, some things like ironite and xp for gold is nice.
buy to win event = bad event, next :)
at the end of event you can win 1X110 talisman perhaps i you play a lot lol

Symbiote
02-21-2018, 11:48 AM
Buy to win = shit.. yes..
But it is the first day.., i hope they fix the drop rate...

And it is a good thing to farm for 2* rainbow runes and the troopers.. and for 30 AMOLAD runs you have enough Gold for 50 frags per day (if the price was 200k).. i think this is ok if they fix the drop rate. xD

My hate events are the god damn '24/7 472658 wins' Arena Bugs versus Bugs Events. xD

blade685
02-21-2018, 12:24 PM
Buy to win = shit.. yes..
But it is the first day.., i hope they fix the drop rate...

And it is a good thing to farm for 2* rainbow runes and the troopers.. and for 30 AMOLAD runs you have enough Gold for 50 frags per day (if the price was 200k).. i think this is ok if they fix the drop rate. xD

My hate events are the god damn '24/7 472658 wins' Arena Bugs versus Bugs Events. xD

the only things good to farm for old players is 3* evo, gold and some talismans
Only gold for that event :o

Amarthir
02-21-2018, 03:32 PM
Not sure if I got any fragments from Powerslave, but Skull quests yielded me a couple 5 and 10 drops.

Cool that you guys made some of the in app purchases kind of better, I was hoping that I thought you meant the ironite power up packs but I guess not. Still, it's not bad for those who want to buy them they'll get a bunch of fragments that will go towards really good souls.

This event seems a bit average to me, the only interesting thing is the Steel Talismans. Maybe they'll come in handy for something.

JJJ428
02-21-2018, 03:43 PM
It took a while but finally started getting drops in power slave. Did two full refills with nothing but then my first drop was 25 fragments. Have gotten a couple 5 fragments drops since. I would like to know how many fragments do you need for legendary class specific and mythic.

JJJ428
02-21-2018, 04:28 PM
Also I would love an answer on why do 5 star hearts have such low essence. One and three stars are a lot more then one and 3 star toons why is a 5 star heart a lot less then 5 star toons.

Bradata
02-21-2018, 05:45 PM
Exquisite Soul Fragments are coming only from Skull quests!? I don't see a reason why should I even grind the cosmos only for precious soul fragments, we need more options for getting Exquisite Soul Fragments please!

Yup
02-21-2018, 07:01 PM
Exquisite Soul Fragments are coming only from Skull quests!? I don't see a reason why should I even grind the cosmos only for precious soul fragments, we need more options for getting Exquisite Soul Fragments please!

No.. cosmos too.

slauki
02-21-2018, 07:26 PM
From now until Feb 26th, 4 PM PT, fragments of certain souls have become available in places they normally are not available, including a brand new type of fragment that can be used to purchase some very rare and unique talismans!

In all 4 of the Cosmos worlds, there’s a chance to earn Precious Soul Fragments, which can reward Sacrificial Hearts and Golden Idols of varying values (Ailing Kingdom, Kingdom of the Sands, Battlefield, and Underworld)
In Skull Quests, there’s a chance to earn Exquisite Soul Fragments from each quest. You can also buy these fragments from the store for Gold! Exquisite Fragments are unique, and can be used in 1 of 2 ways: 1) Use 100 Fragments to claim a 3-5★ Precious Soul Character OR 2) Spend Exquisite Fragments in the store on Steel Talismans or Purge Talismans!

nope only in sq

Yup
02-21-2018, 07:31 PM
Oh man. I misread that.

Well.. yeah.. that kind of sucks then given a short event...... and that explains why I thought the drop rates were just bad.

Liebhild
02-22-2018, 09:43 AM
With all the defense cheating from NF every Talisman is useless.

blade685
02-22-2018, 10:10 AM
Oh man. I misread that.

Well.. yeah.. that kind of sucks then given a short event...... and that explains why I thought the drop rates were just bad.

Yes another bad event drop rate is ridiculous to have one talisman, i will not pay for them i think

Symbiote
02-22-2018, 12:46 PM
Damn, i misread that too... and i was wondering why not one dropped in Cosmos.. omg. :'D

And Blade i am an 'old' player^^ but 3* rainbow i have more than enough, but 2* are rare for me. :D

Damn now i think this Event is useless.. if only skull quests drops fragments.. :/

blade685
02-22-2018, 01:39 PM
Damn, i misread that too... and i was wondering why not one dropped in Cosmos.. omg. :'D

And Blade i am an 'old' player player ^^ but 3* rainbow i have more than enough, but 2* are rare for me. :D

Damn now i think this Event is useless.. if only skull quests drops fragments.. :/

yes you need to buy or you will not have only one set talismans
Another bad way for the game

JJJ428
02-22-2018, 04:13 PM
Run power slave enough you will get plenty of colorless 2*

T-Man
02-22-2018, 05:32 PM
Bummer Exquisite frags only have a chance to drop in Skull Quest. Those odds seem very low too. Had Some 5s drop so far.

I grabbed 1 set of Steel Talis, but haven’t tried them yet.
It will cost a ton of gold to get more than 1 set, much less trying to purchase the souls from the book.

This event could have gone for the entire month imo. That would have been cool.

Yup
02-22-2018, 06:10 PM
It would be one thing if every SQ run dropped Exquisite frags.. but since it's only a POSSIBILITy, the event sucks. I mean.... run 4 SQ.. get a whopping 5 frags.... wait 5 hours minimum for the POSSIBILITY of getting another 5 or even 0..... yeah.. that's one hell of an event folks.

JJJ428
02-22-2018, 07:22 PM
The event is more then just the exquisite frags. For me getting xp up for only 50k is great and that alone makes event worth it for me. Helping me grind all my toons to level 100.

T-Man
02-22-2018, 09:15 PM
The event is more then just the exquisite frags. For me getting xp up for only 50k is great and that alone makes event worth it for me. Helping me grind all my toons to level 100.

Yea it’s just the Exquisite frags/souls thats a bummer. The XP up is a fantastic deal. I’m glad you mentioned it because I forgot about it honestly.

JJJ428
02-22-2018, 09:42 PM
That’s why wanted to point that out there are many aspects of this event. Plus ironite for gold and skill shards for gold were nice as well.

Yup
02-23-2018, 02:14 AM

What I read....

"The event is more then just the exquisite frags. For me the spending is great and that alone makes event worth it for me. Spending to grind all my toons to level 100."

All my toons, save 3, ARE at level 100.

This event is a money-grabbing event. That's all.

The free GOD is nice though.

natasar
02-26-2018, 05:52 PM
Just as I expected: After doing the last skull quest for this event, I am stuck at 45 fragments... There should at least be a slim chance to grind for some additional fragments. Would need just 5 more to get another Purge talisman, but there's no way I will spend 10,000,000 gold for this - which in the end would leave me stranded at 45 (and one additional talisman) again anyway...

Fudjo
02-26-2018, 06:13 PM
Good event. I like it. Get stuff while doing whatever you were gonna do anyway. The Steel Talismans are great for leveling up characters. Put your bulletproof vest on your new toon while grinding and save gold while leveling up.

Just one thing, though: What does this event have to do with the Nile River? :)

Sparton_LOTB
02-26-2018, 06:50 PM
Just as I expected: After doing the last skull quest for this event, I am stuck at 45 fragments... There should at least be a slim chance to grind for some additional fragments. Would need just 5 more to get another Purge talisman, but there's no way I will spend 10,000,000 gold for this - which in the end would leave me stranded at 45 (and one additional talisman) again anyway...

It's actually 1,000,000 (one million) Gold for 50 more fragments, so if you've expended your daily option and aren't looking to get the Ironite option, it'd be 3 million to get an extra Purge set.

Just one thing, though: What does this event have to do with the Nile River? :)

It's a reference to the song Revelations; the part of the chorus that references "the eyes of the Nile" is indicating that new possibilities are opened, which our event parallels with new opportunities to get Gold and other items (many of which aren't normally available).

slauki
02-26-2018, 06:59 PM
It's actually 1,000,000 (one million) Gold for 50 more fragments, so if you've expended your daily option and aren't looking to get the Ironite option, it'd be 3 million to get an extra Purge set.

just a suggestion: how about putting some points between the numbers, so that it looks like 1.000.000 golds and 15.000.000 gold.

Tim28213
02-26-2018, 07:10 PM
I've hoped they would put in a separator so the high numbers are easier to read for a while.
I can't tell how many times I've accidentally hit a button while I was trying to count the zeros on the cost of something. LOL

DIEDD
02-26-2018, 07:16 PM
It's a reference to the song Revelations; the part of the chorus that references "the eyes of the Nile" is indicating that new possibilities are opened, which our event parallels with new opportunities to get Gold and other items (many of which aren't normally available).

Well, you could have used that reference much better, horus for example but apparently at this point the references do not matter at all ...

Sparton_LOTB
02-26-2018, 07:33 PM
just a suggestion: how about putting some points between the numbers, so that it looks like 1.000.000 golds and 15.000.000 gold.

Oh I know, it's been something me and a few others on the team have been wanted to get in there for a while, but code relating to the store is more finicky/risky to touch (to ensure there isn't some minor change that causes problems for real money purchases), so we haven't been able to get that squared away yet.

natasar
02-26-2018, 07:37 PM

Oops, yes, some separators would be great ;) Well, one million may be worth a second thought on this.

slauki
02-26-2018, 07:50 PM
Oh I know, it's been something me and a few others on the team have been wanted to get in there for a while, but code relating to the store is more finicky/risky to touch (to ensure there isn't some minor change that causes problems for real money purchases), so we haven't been able to get that squared away yet.

okay, then i take my suggestions back, please don't touch this :D :D :D

druid138
02-26-2018, 08:19 PM
I'm good with this event. Wasted Love and Dismay No More made last week pretty intense. So, having this low-key event was nice. Thanks for making the Purge Talismans available outside the Arena Store.

I didn't play any differently than normal during this event. The Precious Fragment drops gave me 1.2M gold plus a 3* Heart.

I essentially used that 1.2M gold to buy the 50 Exquisite Fragments for 200K each of the six days. With those plus the SQ drops, I was able to get a full set of Steels and Purges. So, basically, this event gave me two talisman sets for free.

Also, the XP Boost for 50K gold is awesome for leveling toons for future sacrifices.

T-Man
02-27-2018, 04:52 PM
The sacrificial hearts and the xp boost were my favorites. I hope to see more of these in the future.

Thanks NF.