PDA

View Full Version : Character Fragment Event, featuring the DEBUT Gunner Cannoneer

Sparton_LOTB
02-27-2018, 12:02 AM
Crush the Lord of Light for Soul Fragments to earn a guaranteed 4★ character!

From now until to March 1st, 4pm PST, each battle in the Lord of Light dungeons has a chance of dropping Cannoneer Soul Fragments. Collect 200 and you can redeem them in the Book of Souls’ Fragments screen for your very own 4★ Gunner Cannoneer!

The Gunner Cannoneer joins the cast as a new high risk, high reward 4* Gunner in Legacy of the Beast. He is a random damage, random target attacker who can inflict Crave, Heal Reduction, Seal, and Stun, and automatically full heals all allies on death!

Normally, when the fragments drop, you’ll earn 5 or 10 fragments, but if you’re lucky, you could earn 50 fragments from one battle, so don’t be afraid of that 200 requirement! Additionally, you can earn as many Cannoneer Souls as you can collect the fragments for, so feel free to grab some extras for your next big Sacrifice!

SPECIAL EVENT ADDITION: For the duration of this event, the Lord of Light dungeons will also have a 3x chance of dropping Rare Souls! Don’t miss out on this opportunity to get more Rare Souls while getting your guaranteed 4★ character!

Finally, we have a few deals available in the store to help with getting and gearing up a Cannoneer:

Get a FREE 10 Cannoneer Soul Fragments to start you off!
Grab the “Gunner Experience Pack”! This provides ironite to help farm more fragments, a bit of gold, 5* XP Shards, and Skill Shards to power up a new Cannoneer!
Various talisman packs are also available that work well with a Cannoneer, including Chance Talismans and the debut Trap Talismans!

Please note that after the conclusion of this event, collecting more Cannoneer Soul Fragments will not be possible, but any extras you have can be converted to Precious Soul Fragments. Additionally, this character is not available in any other souls, so if you miss your chance to recruit him, he may be a very long time until you get another chance!

The Gunner Cannoneer debuts in Legacy of the Beast today! Check out the Cannoneer’s key information below:

SKILLS AND PASSIVES

Expendable (Passive)

Gain Sacrifice for the duration of the battle. Grants Perfect Immortality if Critical Strike status is present at the start of your turn. Sacrifice status full heals the team if the character dies with this effect active.

Cannon Shot (Basic)

Deals random damage to either a single target OR all enemies.
50% Chance to inflict Crave and Heal Reduction status to the target for 2 turns.
Heal self based on your SPECIAL stat.
LV 2/4 Healing 20/20%
LV 3/5 DMG+ 20/20%

Chain Shot (Power)

Deals 4 hits of random damage to random targets.
75% Chance to Seal for 2 turns or Stun for 1 turn each enemy hit.
25% Chance to Critically Strike on each hit.
LV 2/3/4/5 DMG+ 15/20/25/25%

TALISMAN SLOTS

3 Open / 2 Assassin / 1 Gunner

druid138
02-27-2018, 12:20 AM
Awesome. Great event type in general, but especially for GA characters (better essence value). And, the increased drop rates for rares is a nice bonus.

What are the details of the Trap Talismans?

DIEDD
02-27-2018, 12:25 AM
hey sparton, I played a battle in the dungeons (VIII to be exact) and gave me sentinel corrupt rescuer fragments, apparently there is an error.

Sparton_LOTB
02-27-2018, 01:34 AM
What are the details of the Trap Talismans?

Trap Talismans are a 2 set that gives the equipped character a Trap positive effect at the start of battle for 2 turns. If an enemy removes or steals it, they will be Stunned for 2 turns.

hey sparton, I played a battle in the dungeons (VIII to be exact) and gave me sentinel corrupt rescuer fragments, apparently there is an error.

Yeah, that seems especially odd, as unlike the last event where there was a data error for the first floor, all floors should be giving out the correct kinds of fragments. All of your subsequent battles that gave out fragments appear to have given out the correct ones at least.

Feel free to contact CS via the in-game support button and let them know the problem. They can compensate you with additional Cannoneer Soul Fragments based on the amount of incorrect fragments you got.

OdoyleRules
02-27-2018, 02:11 AM
Trap Talismans are a 2 set that gives the equipped character a Trap positive effect at the start of battle for 2 turns. If an enemy removes or steals it, they will be Stunned for 2 turns.

Yeah, that seems especially odd, as unlike the last event where there was a data error for the first floor, all floors should be giving out the correct kinds of fragments. All of your subsequent battles that gave out fragments appear to have given out the correct ones at least.

Feel free to contact CS via the in-game support button and let them know the problem. They can compensate you with additional Cannoneer Soul Fragments based on the amount of incorrect fragments you got.

If I come up short on the Cannoneer frags with the amount of green frags I received (20), I shall.

druid138
02-27-2018, 02:56 AM

Thanks, Sparton. This seems interesting. So, the effect actually doesn't do anything at all to my character when it's in place? Its sole purpose is to stun a remover / stealer?

And, if I have the above correct, what icon will be displayed on my character? Will it be an identifiable "Trap" icon? Or, will it be a random "real" effect icon to make the trap even more enticing?

Yup
02-27-2018, 05:51 AM
hmm.. trap... 2 set assassin talisman..... as far as I can see almost all locked assassin slots come in 3s on toons... so yeah. you can throw another random assassin talisman there.. but really the set boosts are what assassin talismans do best. So you have a choice of 5 or 4 assassin talismans for 2 sets or 3 for 1 set and a spare... with the max HP of about 1100 per talisman so 4 talismans means roughly +4500HP, 5 would be +5600HP.. pretty weak. Compared to throwing just 2 sentinel talismans on for +9000 HP.

Don't get me wrong, I'm all for 2-talisman sets rather than 3-talisman sets, I just wish there was at least one Assassin talisman that offered higher HP. It would be nice if the 2-set Assassin talismans offered more HP... like in the neighborhood of 3000 each the way the Gunner talismans (will, bulwark) do.

I mean the toon is getting essentially nothing with the Trap set except a "thorn" so why not provide SOME boost to the toon, like a bit more HP??

And, if I have the above correct, what icon will be displayed on my character? Will it be an identifiable "Trap" icon? Or, will it be a random "real" effect icon to make the trap even more enticing?

Yes it's visible...

So really.. it's a "trap" that announces itself LOUDLY.

And with the set up above, it's pretty easy to calculate that Astra has 3 Strike talismans ~1100 HP each, then 2 trap talismans 1100HP each, then she MUST use another Assassin talisman, so another 1100 HP for an easily figured 6600HP boost from talismans. Too easy to figure out if you ask me.

But of course I realize one does NOT have to place Trap talismans into assigned Assassin talisman slots :)

MoonShadow
02-27-2018, 07:36 AM
Did some runs in the LoL from VII to X, and it seems that the green fragments drop only on the floor IX; I wouldn't mind if they were for the Sentinel Mayan Priestess :D

Off topic: will the Sentinel Mayan Priestess be available again?

natasar
02-27-2018, 08:56 AM
Off topic: will the Sentinel Mayan Priestess be available again?

Yeah - wondering about that too and really hope so. I first installed the game right around the time her event was up, but since I was just getting used to the game, I did not get her.

Also wondering whether additional Trap talismans will be available at some time for in-game currency or as a reward.

MoonShadow
02-27-2018, 10:35 AM
Yeah - wondering about that too and really hope so. I first installed the game right around the time her event was up, but since I was just getting used to the game, I did not get her.If I remember correctly, it was an Arena event and I didn't have the time to play too many games back then, to get the fragments needed for her, but I'm hoping ever since that she'll return someday to the game. She could be nasty in the Arena, sometimes. No words from the devs, though.

GotN
02-27-2018, 11:48 AM
First 20 runs on LoL VII & VIII gave me 25 cannoneer fragments. That is an average of 1.25 per run. With drop rate going on like this for me it would take 160 runs to get this much wanted char *sigh* Anybody has a tip to get better drop rates? Play other LoL Levels?

Have a trooper who already has him. Grats Mariner! Maybe you can tell me your secret 😉 He looks awesome beside my favorite Navigator Eddie, has great abilities and does pretty good damage (had 15k on basic ability without class advantage or other power increase).

dragonmat89
02-27-2018, 11:51 AM
I've got around 55 fragments from maybe 15 runs of X - excluding the 10 free ones that's 3 per run so slightly better odds.

Demoonchild
02-27-2018, 11:54 AM
Hello forum and NF!!
Just passing by to say congrats to the team responsible for the art/animation on the Cannoneer, really impressive, great job guys!!
... And thanks for the cool event too...

Sick
02-27-2018, 01:24 PM
Just got him. It took about 50 fights on level 10.

satani
02-27-2018, 02:00 PM
well, 1 refill and i'm at 100 of 200 on 1 account. Seems gettable.
Trap talismans seem funny.

Btw as this is the last event this month, it seems this is the first event since october last year (not sure about september and before), with no new eddie in the monthly event shedule.
Gunner cannonner seems fun. Kinda looks like a leftover for the trooper ideas, especially bastion.

Mariner-1212
02-27-2018, 03:35 PM
Troopers, my Cannoneer is fully sharded and out for use, for those of you considering whether or not to drop the 8 SS.

For the Trap talismans, they should not show up on the toon at all, that's silly. Are there a lot of AoE attackers that steal beneficial effects to make it useful like that? I can think of VE & SOL, and both of them are often paired with Angel talis making the Trap Talis ineffective. That should be a hidden effect like Echoes, and should only show up on the toon that stole it.

dragonmat89
02-27-2018, 04:00 PM
Are there a lot of AoE attackers that steal beneficial effects to make it useful like that? I can think of VE & SOL, and both of them are often paired with Angel talis making the Trap Talis ineffective. That should be a hidden effect like Echoes, and should only show up on the toon that stole it.

As it's steal or remove, Wrath, Clairvoyant and Astra spring to mind. What I want to know is; if an effect is lost because of a Void shield, does the shielded character also get stunned? If so, what would happen if an AOE character with a trap talisman set attacked an enemy team where all 4 characters had void shields, multiple of which activate and attempt to remove the trap effect: could this stun a whole team for 2 turns?

Sponholz
02-27-2018, 05:29 PM
Trap talis are just "meh" imo... in all honesty, we have so many stunners at the game atm, that I don't think it will have that big of an impact, since most players are used to deal with stuns.

Immunity and Angel make Trap even less attractive.

But the fact that they are a 2 SET is worth noting. I can see it being used, but not game breaking.

Cheers, Ed.

edsel
02-27-2018, 06:54 PM
Troopers, my Cannoneer is fully sharded and out for use, for those of you considering whether or not to drop the 8 SS.

For the Trap talismans, they should not show up on the toon at all, that's silly. Are there a lot of AoE attackers that steal beneficial effects to make it useful like that? I can think of VE & SOL, and both of them are often paired with Angel talis making the Trap Talis ineffective. That should be a hidden effect like Echoes, and should only show up on the toon that stole it.

So since I am not one of your troopers may I ask your opinion before I shard this one up? Thanks-E

druid138
02-27-2018, 06:55 PM

I just had 5 Sentinel CR fragments drop on Floor 9.

GotN
02-27-2018, 07:10 PM
I just had 5 Sentinel CR fragments drop on Floor 9.

Same here. Had 3 or 4 drops with those fragments on floor 9 too. They are mentioned nowhere for this event, so must be an error. Still, I’m not mad that I got it, cause I never transform any fragments after end of an event and have over 100 SCR fragments left. So after getting the cannoneer after bout 60 runs on LoL VII - X, I think i will go for another one and a SCR on Floor 9 😉

Sparton_LOTB
02-27-2018, 08:15 PM
I'm just posting to quickly report that we have identified the issue that is causing some players to get the incorrect fragment rewards from this event. As many people have surmised, this is limited to floor IX of the Lord of Light.

We are working to get a fix deployed to the live game within the next few hours. To avoid getting the wrong fragments, we recommend avoiding Floor IX until the fix is live.

Mariner-1212
02-27-2018, 09:35 PM
I'm just posting to quickly report that we have identified the issue that is causing some players to get the incorrect fragment rewards from this event. As many people have surmised, this is limited to floor IX of the Lord of Light.

We are working to get a fix deployed to the live game within the next few hours. To avoid getting the wrong fragments, we recommend avoiding Floor IX until the fix is live.

At this point, I'd appreciate you holding off on that a little bit, I almost have another sentinel corrupt rescuer.

Tim28213
02-27-2018, 09:44 PM
Also took me just over 50 runs to get the cannoneer on Level X.
I've been needing to run LoL for 3* shard upgrades so this is a welcome event for me.

GotN
02-27-2018, 11:18 PM
Btw did anybody see a rare soul (3 time higher chance)? Bout 70 runs now and not a single one dropped here!

Ironstyle
02-27-2018, 11:25 PM
No rare soul for me either. I've probably played a good 50-60 rounds and only received 90 cannoneer soul frags. RNG is a bitch.

druid138
02-27-2018, 11:35 PM
It took me 83 runs on Floor X to get him. No rare souls yet here either.

MrFreeze
02-28-2018, 12:56 AM
I thought this character looked interesting, so I decided to give it a go. I ran my SoT, plus one refill last night for 70 frags and 0 rare souls. Not bad I thought. I don’t expect rare souls in these events. The drop rates are so low, the 3x doesn’t really increase it much.

Tonight I ran my SoT, plus one refill for 10 frags and 0 rare souls. ?!? That makes me want to put the game back on the shelf. 10 frags for 160 SoT? I understand it’s rng, but that seems messed up to me.

Sparton_LOTB
02-28-2018, 01:08 AM
The fix is now live; the correct fragments should now drop in all floors of the Lord of Light.

Yup
02-28-2018, 02:15 AM
Well I run LOL lvl7 becuase I don't see much point in running higher levels. The cost for return is better at level 7.

Ran LOL lvl7 all day yesterday and 2 SOT fills this morning (1 refill) and got the Cannoneer.

I did run maybe 5 level X.. and got zero frag drops.. so I went back to level 7 where I've been getting frags about every 3rd or 4th run.

Reeb99
02-28-2018, 05:15 AM
Yeah, I did the same and switched to 7 after a while as well. The drop rate doesn't seem to be high enough on 10 to balance out the extra time and SOT being spent on it.

I've been leveling the Cannoneer a bit, and his basic seems to hit pretty decent, but the special is super weak. Then again it looks like the damage goes up a bunch on the special with skill shards, and not at all on the basic. It'll be interesting to see what he's like fully maxed with Chance + Fate sets.

90mphyorker
02-28-2018, 06:56 AM
I got enough fragments before I had used all my Troopers. About 45 runs I think it took me. Dropped 2 Rare Souls, which gave nothing good.

MoonShadow
02-28-2018, 08:23 AM
Got enough frags to claim the Cannoneer yesterday night, the drops were quite good (from the floors 7, 8 and 10) and I've got also a rare soul. Rare & dupe, of course :)

The new char seems pretty decent, although I didn't have the time to play with him, but I like the self-healing capabilities, at least on paper. The 4 hits of its power attack makes him good for the BNW, I believe, but will see.

scott-5496
02-28-2018, 11:08 AM
Yeah, got him last night too and on the way to a second today. Not played him yet but came up against two in PVP - he has quite a hit so in second game I took him out first round!

I got no 50 drops at all so it took a second refill for my first Cannoneer. I did get 3 or 4 rare souls too but not cashed them in yet. All in all I am happy with this type of event as, like others, I was needing to get some upgrade materials in any case.

blade685
02-28-2018, 11:22 AM
i'm a 155 with one time 50 with all daily sot since the beginning, some times i play 5-6 round for only 5 fragment, only tier X
it seems to be bad drop here without one 50 i will be at 105 ^^
It is another useless toon i think like all that we can win generally
I will up to 100 and don't use him logically :rolleyes:

GotN
02-28-2018, 12:30 PM
The fix is now live; the correct fragments should now drop in all floors of the Lord of Light.

Thank you for fixing this so fast. Like Mariner I also nearly had another SCR and this mistake was limited to one floor, so it wouldn’t have mattered to let it run for some time! But why listening to us. If only you were that fast with fixing other bugs :P ;)

Tim28213
02-28-2018, 01:37 PM
I've seen a good number of rare souls. I've run through more than usual SoT this event farming so my total runs is pretty high. Only been running level X.

GotN
02-28-2018, 05:06 PM

Have fun everybody with my new PvP defense \m/

druid138
02-28-2018, 05:33 PM
It took me 83 runs on Floor X to get him. No rare souls yet here either.

It only took 52 runs on Floor X to get another one. Plus, a couple rare souls showed up.

Fudjo
02-28-2018, 07:54 PM

Hahahaha! Outstanding!

blade685
02-28-2018, 10:02 PM

better with trooper eddie lol

iPoop
02-28-2018, 10:48 PM

Visually, thats stunning! Well played. :cool:

Sick
03-01-2018, 08:30 PM
Finished the event now. I guess 5 cannoneers are enough. Nice side effect, my stock of shards is fully loaded again. Nice event!

T-Man
03-01-2018, 09:36 PM

Nice one! :D