PDA

View Full Version : Any Teambuilding Tips?

SpaceDandy
03-16-2018, 08:54 PM
Hey!
I'm somewhat new to the game and finished Underworld around yesterday, maybe 2 days ago. I started to realize that my teambuilding might actually suck pretty hard.
I have a 5* Pharao Eddie at Level 95 and the rest of my team is pretty much random.
At the moment I'm using Corrupt Rescuer (Mage, Level 72) and Undead Rescuer (Mage, Level 24) as my allies.
I know it's probably pretty stupid to have 2 allies that are pretty similar in some ways in one team but the allies I was using before didn't really do anything to begin with.
Still my Allies die pretty much within 2-3 Hits in Arena and in some of the Cosmo/Time Rift Levels too.
My Eddie seems to survive pretty long since that is his job anyway but I feel like the damage is just missing in my teamcomp.
If anyone could help me out or explain a little what to focus on when building a team etc. I'd be more than happy to hear from you guys!
Thanks in Advance! :cool:

hold
03-16-2018, 09:15 PM
Hey!
I'm somewhat new to the game and finished Underworld around yesterday, maybe 2 days ago. I started to realize that my teambuilding might actually suck pretty hard.
I have a 5* Pharao Eddie at Level 95 and the rest of my team is pretty much random.
At the moment I'm using Corrupt Rescuer (Mage, Level 72) and Undead Rescuer (Mage, Level 24) as my allies.
I know it's probably pretty stupid to have 2 allies that are pretty similar in some ways in one team but the allies I was using before didn't really do anything to begin with.
Still my Allies die pretty much within 2-3 Hits in Arena and in some of the Cosmo/Time Rift Levels too.
My Eddie seems to survive pretty long since that is his job anyway but I feel like the damage is just missing in my teamcomp.
If anyone could help me out or explain a little what to focus on when building a team etc. I'd be more than happy to hear from you guys!
Thanks in Advance! :cool:

It's often the combination that makes a strong team and of course the enemy you are facing. A Magus Corrupt rescuer fully sharded combined with a room that buffs accuracy (and has energy talismans / Angel of Pain or Warrior Bomber Boy)) can a very strong ally. It helped me a lot to basically freeze the majority of the enemies.

But also the meta of the game constantly changes (nerfs) and you have to adapt all the time. I always liked the Magus CR.

Yup
03-16-2018, 09:15 PM
For me...

Allies:
Multi-target hitters as much as possible
Buff removers
Disabling talismans - Paralysis, Freeze, Blind, Shields (thorn, void), etc.
Anything which has inherent extra turns is always good (Gunner Dog, Assassin Undead Rescuer, Crimson Dog, etc).

For Eddies.....
For the Cosmos/Time Rift, I used Grim Reaper for the longest time mostly due to his self heal on attack, extra turns, and Revive abilities (and it took me a while to get Pharaoh.)
For the Arena, revive is always good and anything to cleanse or counter act permadeath. Vampire Hunter, Visions, Pharaoh, GRE, 7th Son
Stealing or removing buffs is also good. Visions, Speed Of Light, 7th Son

Really it's a matter of looking at the Eddie you want to use, see where it's lacking and trying to make up for that. For example Vampire Hunter is a hard hitter, but has low health. So an Ally that blocks attacks, boosts health or heals, or revives, will help.

I also always look to use characters that attack.. not just cast magic. Like Sentinel Harpy.. great hitter, but the power move doesn't do anything to harm the enemies.. so it's pointless. I'd rather use a character that heals + attacks rather than one that just heals. (caveat for Eda, Gunner Valkyrie)

Sick
03-16-2018, 10:42 PM
I have checked your team. Your AOS is also quite helpful. I see him a lot now in the arena.
Stick to Pharao. In my opinion he is the most valuable Eddie. Difficult to kill, doing a good amount of damage and best of all revives all allies for just 6 Power Points. My recommendation for your Pharao is stick to five green talis, but include three Energy Talis.
Good Luck.

SpaceDandy
03-17-2018, 10:16 AM
Okay thanks for all of your great answers! Gonna try to build it around Pharao Eddie and use my allies to get rid of his weaknesses as much as possible.
Thanks a lot!!