PDA

View Full Version : Character Fragment Event, featuring the DEBUT Assassin Hellhound

Sparton_LOTB
03-20-2018, 12:01 AM
Crush the Lord of Light for Soul Fragments to earn a guaranteed 4★ character!

From now until March 22nd, 5 PM PT, each battle in the Lord of Light dungeons has a chance of dropping Hellhound Soul Fragments. Collect 200 and you can redeem them in the Book of Souls’ Fragments screen for your very own 4★ Assassin Hellhound!

The Assassin Hellhound joins the cast as a new 4★ Assassin in Legacy of the Beast. He does multiple hits with magic damage, focuses on reducing the duration of Positive effects on enemies with both of his skills, and can automatically cleanse himself and allies!

Normally, when the fragments drop, you’ll earn 5 or 10 fragments, but if you’re lucky, you could earn 50 fragments from one battle, so don’t be afraid of that 200 requirement! Additionally, you can earn as many Hellhound Souls as you can collect the fragments for, so feel free to grab some extras for your next big Sacrifice!

SPECIAL EVENT ADDITIONS: For the duration of this event, the Lord of Light dungeons also have the following changes:

Lilith Soul Fragments are available from all floors of the Lord of Light dungeons! Lilith Soul Fragments are a recurring fragment that is periodically featured in events, and may require you to collect them from multiple events in order to have enough to redeem a soul. Collect 500 for a guaranteed 5★ Lilith!
All Lord of Light dungeons will also have a 3x chance of dropping Rare Souls! Don’t miss out on this opportunity to get more Rare Souls while getting your guaranteed 4★ character!

Finally, we have a few deals available in the store to help with getting and gearing up a Hellhound:

Get a FREE 10 Hellhound Soul Fragments to start you off!
Grab the “Assassin Experience Pack”! This provides ironite to help farm more fragments, a bit of gold, 5* XP Shards, and Skill Shards to power up a new Hellhound!
Various talisman packs are also available that work well with a Hellhound, including Predator Talismans and the debut Force Talismans!

Force Talismans are yellow talismans with a 3 set effect that is not available anywhere else! Equip a full set to start battle with a Force Shield for 2 turns, which will prevent the first 4 hits of damage that character would take!

Predator Talismans are blue talismans with a 2 set effect. Equip a full set to have a chance to inflict Smite when you do a perfect basic attack, and do additional damage to Smited enemies!

Please note that after the conclusion of this event, collecting more Hellhound Soul Fragments will not be possible, but any extras you have can be converted to Precious Soul Fragments. Additionally, this character is not available in any other souls, so if you miss your chance to recruit him, it may be a very long time until you get another chance!

OdoyleRules
03-20-2018, 12:13 AM
Very nice. I am receiving both.

slauki
03-20-2018, 12:30 AM
can you please tell us in which quantities lilith soul frags drop? also 5/10/50?

Sparton_LOTB
03-20-2018, 12:32 AM
can you please tell us in which quantities lilith soul frags drop? also 5/10/50?

Yup, both Hellhound and Lilith Soul Fragments can drop in quantities of 5, 10, or 50.

slauki
03-20-2018, 12:33 AM
Yup, both Hellhound and Lilith Soul Fragments can drop in quantities of 5, 10, or 50.

AWESOME MUHAHAHAHAHAHAH, hope you were not too stringy with the lilith frags :D

love this event

OdoyleRules
03-20-2018, 12:35 AM
AWESOME MUHAHAHAHAHAHAH, hope you were not too stringy with the lilith frags :D

love this event

I do like these. You grind, but there is a payoff. Souls for Sands of Time, Trooper used, HH, and Lilith. The more you grind the more you get.

Amarthir
03-20-2018, 12:41 AM
So Navigator is still a good go-to for auto right? Cuz if not I'm gonna use like, Tailgunner or something.

OdoyleRules
03-20-2018, 12:42 AM
So Navigator is still a good go-to for auto right? Cuz if not I'm gonna use like, Tailgunner or something.

That is what I am using for Eddie.

T-Man
03-20-2018, 12:56 AM

Poor Navigator. :(
I change my auto grind strategy since the Nav got messed over. I had several Eddies that I needed to power up for sacrifice or perhaps Gauntlet.

I put maxed talisman on those Eddies, and I take along either GCotD, or Astra for my heavy hitting. Their power move of course hits all as well. Generally I’ll even take another Ally that needs powering up too, and also Prisoner in LoL.

Kills several birds with one stone. :cool:

OdoyleRules
03-20-2018, 12:58 AM
Poor Navigator. :(
I change my auto grind strategy since the Nav got messed over. I had several Eddies that I needed to power up for sacrifice or perhaps Gauntlet.

I put maxed talisman on those Eddies, and I take along either GCotD, or Astra for my heavy hitting. Their power move of course hits all as well. Generally I’ll even take another Ally that needs powering up too, and also Prisoner in LoL.

Kills several birds with one stone. :cool:

Always Prisoner in Lord of Light. I am using Blue Buzz Light year with Gunner COTD.

Yup
03-20-2018, 01:00 AM
I can't swipe right on the Specials tab of the store. All other tabs work fine.

Edit: Okay I can but it takes FOREVER to actually work... and there's a real lag.

OdoyleRules
03-20-2018, 01:03 AM
I can't swipe right on the Specials tab of the store. All other tabs work fine.

Edit: Okay I can but it takes FOREVER to actually work... and there's a real lag.

Every time I see the word lag, it reminds me of that 'Boom Head Shot' video. LOL

slauki
03-20-2018, 01:08 AM
i'm trying speed of light now, thanks to demoonchild. seems to be awesome here...and i agree poor navi got messed up

Yup
03-20-2018, 01:15 AM

1) Navigator
2) Gunner Lillith
3) Prisoner
4) Whatever random character that won't really even be needed... :) A permadeth character like A CotD or Gunner Chopper is good for Magus due to Ghost.

These run all levels in about 20-30 seconds on all LOL dungeons for me. Even IF Navigator uses Roaring Wave rather than Landfall. Truth is, if Navigator sticks to Landfall, him and the Gunner Lillith pretty much clear every battle.

90mphyorker
03-20-2018, 01:24 AM
Love the look of this event. When I get home tonight and in my free afternoon tomorrow I’ll grind the hell outta this event. Can fly through all LoL levels so hopefully can get 2, maybe 3 Hellhounds, if I’m lucky. Getting 200 Lilith Fragments would be nice but I doubt the drop rates will be that kind.

Amarthir
03-20-2018, 02:20 AM
I've been using Tailgunner, Prisoner, blue buzz and Crimson Pharaoh Dog. Battles go from under 40 seconds to a minute each.

At least the Lilith drops don't seem too terrible, went through 2 refills and I have 75 fragments. I even saw a 50 drop which is pretty cool.

Kamuz24z
03-20-2018, 04:01 AM
I’ve been using Speed of light - Corrupt General - MUR - Prisoner 23 to 27 seconds on auto give it a try

Amarthir
03-20-2018, 04:14 AM
I’ve been using Speed of light - Corrupt General - MUR - Prisoner 23 to 27 seconds on auto give it a try

What talisman sets are you using? I'm still getting about double the amount of time.

Kamuz24z
03-20-2018, 04:25 AM
What talisman sets are you using? I'm still getting about double the amount of time.

Check for yourself here is my ID kamuz-8227
Set the toons in this order
Sol-CG-MUR-Prisoner

scott-5496
03-20-2018, 10:52 AM
Yeah I am with Kamuz on this one. This is the team I am using on Red LOL (though I tend to switch CG sometimes for Wickerman with explosive) and have been for a while - I also switched to FOTD, MUR and CG (or Wickerman) for farming on auto.

On LOL I am doing around 40 seconds on average btu not really configured all of the talisman for speed/hitting hard to be honest.

Drop rates are pretty decent but no Rare Souls as yet.

One thing though on the negative side is that I have had three restart MACLOs since reset - anyone else notice an up turn in MACLO...could be just me I guess but wont grumble too much as I have next to none of these for ages, just a PVTE app restart a couple of times a day which does not seem to lose anything wheras MACLO I think means my troopers maybe lose their badges?

Blade
03-20-2018, 11:19 AM
Navi, MUR, AoP and Prisoner are also doing a good job (30-40 sec normally).

No rare soul for me until now.

@ scott: I also had a MACLO. I think I would have reached exactly 1000 3* XP shards with the respective loot and thats the reason for the MACLO (old topic, still present). Did you have the errors in a row? I fear the badges are gone indeed

scott-5496
03-20-2018, 11:55 AM
Navi, MUR, AoP and Prisoner are also doing a good job (30-40 sec normally).

No rare soul for me until now.

@ scott: I also had a MACLO. I think I would have reached exactly 1000 3* XP shards with the respective loot and thats the reason for the MACLO (old topic, still present). Did you have the errors in a row? I fear the badges are gone indeed

Not in a row now. Spread out - got one straight after reset and my first battle, then one a hour or so later and then one more this morning - quite spread out but I rarely get MACLO. I do get APMA and PVTE though but that seem so to be that you do not lose anything - MACLO you do I think?

Bradata
03-20-2018, 03:34 PM
OK, this is an event I like. Got 3 hounds but Lilith fragments are VERY rare. Devs could be less stingy about them.

zamasu
03-20-2018, 06:12 PM
OK, this is an event I like. Got 3 hounds but Lilith fragments are VERY rare. Devs could be less stingy about them.

I agree. But hey at least this will not be the only time we will be able to get them. We will be able to get Lilith fragments in various events

Yup
03-20-2018, 06:40 PM
Did I misread, or aren't Lilith fragments supposed to always drop from LOL dungeons now?

Sparton_LOTB
03-20-2018, 06:44 PM
Did I misread, or aren't Lilith fragments supposed to always drop from LOL dungeons now?

No, Lilith Soul Fragments will only drop in select events in the method that event describes.

So in this case, they're available as a possible drop from Lord of Light dungeons, but only for the duration of this event.

Yup
03-20-2018, 06:51 PM
No, Lilith Soul Fragments will only drop in select events in the method that event describes.

So in this case, they're available as a possible drop from Lord of Light dungeons, but only for the duration of this event.

Ahh.. okay. Thanks.

I did misread :)

Anyway I'm at 1140 HH frags to 475 Lilith frags. No clue how may runs... but a lot.

Ironstyle
03-20-2018, 06:59 PM
Ahh.. okay. Thanks.

I did misread :)

Anyway I'm at 1140 HH frags to 475 Lilith frags. No clue how may runs... but a lot.

Holy crap! If your drops were as low as mine, I'd say you put in at least 280 - 300 runs.

As low as my drops are, I'll at least get one HH. The Lilith I'm not worried about. With the frags dropping in other events, they'll come in time.

hold
03-20-2018, 07:03 PM

They are my favourite events as well. And to be absolutely honest they are even better now with the fragment drops for Lilith. Yes it will be another grindfest to get one but you keep the fragments and collect them at your own speed.

As much as I ranted in the early past I think those kinds of events are even better now. I would like the drop rates revealed but from the data we collected I think they are fair. Yes - everyone would like to see more Lilith fragmenst but again - they are an extra - absolutely nothing wrong with that.

Doesn't change the fact that this game doesn't need more new chars and talismans but new content - but a tiny improvement is at least an improvement.

kkkreg5
03-20-2018, 07:09 PM
Not in a row now. Spread out - got one straight after reset and my first battle, then one a hour or so later and then one more this morning - quite spread out but I rarely get MACLO. I do get APMA and PVTE though but that seem so to be that you do not lose anything - MACLO you do I think?

I just received a MACLO at the end of a battle. No rewards and lost the SOT! This is one of my main gripes. Yes, they are now minimal, but every time there is an event that requires heavy play, errors with lost SOT. Is it some ploy to make me drop ironite for SOT, using up ironite to purchase more..? Hmmm...

hold
03-20-2018, 07:14 PM
I just received a MACLO at the end of a battle. No rewards and lost the SOT! This is one of my main gripes. Yes, they are now minimal, but every time there is an event that requires heavy play, errors with lost SOT. Is it some ploy to make me drop ironite for SOT, using up ironite to purchase more..? Hmmm...

I had one today as well ... and they really are a lot less these days but the piss me off every time I have one because the bug is in the game for so long now.

Just out of curiosity: Have you been using a trooper?

kkkreg5
03-20-2018, 08:15 PM
I had one today as well ... and they really are a lot less these days but the piss me off every time I have one because the bug is in the game for so long now.

Just out of curiosity: Have you been using a trooper?

Wasn't using one during that particular battle. Finished all Troopers earlier in the day.

Sponholz
03-20-2018, 10:14 PM
So, how is the dog?

Any good? on paper he seems playable at least.

Haven't played that much this days, still didn't got one.

... Ed.

blade685
03-21-2018, 12:38 PM
So, how is the dog?

Any good? on paper he seems playable at least.

Haven't played that much this days, still didn't got one.

... Ed.

he seems to be another useless toon unfortunately....

Bradata
03-21-2018, 02:42 PM
he seems to be another useless toon unfortunately....

Can't remember if any soul frags events in LOL gave useful chars ever!

blade685
03-21-2018, 02:49 PM

me too....don't remember :(

edsel
03-21-2018, 10:58 PM
Four dogs for the Vortex but the useful frags here are Lilith, 40 more to go..they are stingy with these

Sick
03-22-2018, 06:26 AM

Wasn’t Sentinal Mayan launched in such event?

Amarthir
03-22-2018, 07:15 AM
Well it took all day and half my night but I finally got my Lilith soul and got the blue lady. Her Exhaust on her basic is SO cool. Using it on someone who counters basically makes their counter irrelevant. Not to mention the damage boost you get can make for great combo's. A very well done basic!

Yup
03-22-2018, 09:16 AM

Sentinel Mayan Priestess
Gunner Chopper
Gunner Undead Rescuer
Kari, Magus Valkyrie
Magus Corrupt Droid

Whether or not they are useful.. well I guess that's your call. I personally don't use any of these regularly. And I anticipate the Assassin Hell Hound to be the same.. jsut another 4 star rare soul drop in a couple months that will be sacrificed along with all the other previously "event exclusive" toons. Because "exclusive" means you'll have to wait a month or two before you start seeing it in rare souls. It's also why all these are only 4 star toons... never a 5 star "exclusive".

It would honestly be great if they ran these "exclusive" toon events the same way they run Xmas Eddie.. once a year or even once a quarter..... rather than just throwing it into rare soul drops a month later. I mean they COULD keep the souls as fragment exclusives and the only way to get them is via fragment events which repeat every 3 months or something. But yeah, yeah.. I can see the whining about old characters rather than new ones.

Alvorada
03-22-2018, 01:26 PM
It would honestly be great if they ran these "exclusive" toon events the same way they run Xmas Eddie.. once a year or even once a quarter..... rather than just throwing it into rare soul drops a month later. I mean they COULD keep the souls as fragment exclusives and the only way to get them is via fragment events which repeat every 3 months or something. But yeah, yeah.. I can see the whining about old characters rather than new ones.

There is a midway:

2 or 3 fragment events with new characters, then one event with all previosly event characters.

New toons and the possibility to get the old ones, and the term "exclusive event character" will be a truth.

satani
03-22-2018, 05:06 PM
Sentinel Mayan Priestess
Gunner Chopper
Kari, Magus Valkyrie

Mayan Priestess and the chopper were PVP exclusive, like ass. chrimson soldier. - all 3 could come in handy.
And the Magus Valkyre was Dragon Dungeon - i think, the only dragon-dungeon-character so far.
And Magus undead rescuer was Rare-soul-bonus-fragment exclusive - now he drops very often.

I also don't think, that the assassin hellhound will make it in any of my teams (PVP,PVE,LOL or Dragons), but the addition of the lilith fragments keeps me grinding.
On one account i had my soul yesterday, and got my 3rd Gunner lilith, yay.
Now i'm grinding on my last account for the missing 100 fragments to get a lilith soul (hopefully not green, as i have her there) and the missing 50 fragments to direct summon one of my choice, but i'm getting low on ironite and can't buy new ones.

Yup
03-22-2018, 05:25 PM
I was just considering fragment events.. not where those fragments were farmed.

JJJ428
03-22-2018, 07:24 PM
So much grinding.... collapses..

Well took me all of 3 days and about 2000 ironite but I was able to grind 3 Lilith souls, 20 hell hound souls, and about 45 rare souls. Thank god I got three different lilith souls now I can use my frontier coins and get the two missing ones. It was a long boring grind especially at the end but it continues to reinforce my point that I would rather grind for anything then use ironite for event souls. For the same ironite investment minus the time you get 21 event souls, I think I came out quite a bit ahead in the deal and thats why I rather save my ironite for grinding then ever dropping on event souls.

druid138
03-22-2018, 09:06 PM
NF, I love this event! But, please open up the spigot a little on these Lilith frags. I'm racing the clock to get a second one, and the drops have dried up. My last 125 runs have only given 90 frags, terrible luck compared to the overall drop rates we're seeing of closer to 1.5 frags per run.

Kamuz24z
03-22-2018, 10:50 PM
So much grinding.... collapses..

Well took me all of 3 days and about 2000 ironite but I was able to grind 3 Lilith souls, 20 hell hound souls, and about 45 rare souls. Thank god I got three different lilith souls now I can use my frontier coins and get the two missing ones. It was a long boring grind especially at the end but it continues to reinforce my point that I would rather grind for anything then use ironite for event souls. For the same ironite investment minus the time you get 21 event souls, I think I came out quite a bit ahead in the deal and thats why I rather save my ironite for grinding then ever dropping on event souls.

That was a good strategy man I wasted 4500 in last event souls trying to get the Liliths I ended up with just one I didn’t read sparton’s post saying that they will join the frontier store after the event
I assume that you are going to change your defense very soon I don’t know how good the hold percentage is but I guess is better than my 11%

JJJ428
03-22-2018, 11:07 PM
I don't want to turn this into an arena discussion but my current defense is holding so well I really don't want to change it I have an almost 30% hold rate with it currently still looking to swap in another non-lilith character to make it better but not sure who to take out. I am trying to think up a good Lilith defense different from some of the others I seen I think its always best to zig when others zag so not looking to mirror any I seen yet but hoping to come up with a new one utilizing the relics I have been focusing on.

slauki
03-22-2018, 11:17 PM
just an awesome grinding event, i love these!!!!

Yup
03-22-2018, 11:19 PM
we'll see how my mood is in 45 minutes.... 15 Lilith frags needed :)

90mphyorker
03-22-2018, 11:25 PM
5 Dogs, far too much Ironite spent but I finally got 500 Fragments. Pulled the Gunner one.

600 Frontier Coins now and can get a Trooper Soul on Sunday so can get another one then. Just need to decide which. Probably Warrior.

Kamuz24z
03-22-2018, 11:29 PM
I don't want to turn this into an arena discussion but my current defense is holding so well I really don't want to change it I have an almost 30% hold rate with it currently still looking to swap in another non-lilith character to make it better but not sure who to take out. I am trying to think up a good Lilith defense different from some of the others I seen I think its always best to zig when others zag so not looking to mirror any I seen yet but hoping to come up with a new one utilizing the relics I have been focusing on.

Well I’m impressed for the hold rate to be honest (no bragging here)

cokas13
03-22-2018, 11:34 PM
I ended up with 5 dogs and 270 lilith fragments. At one point i had 3 dogs and only 100 fragments, which is pretty unlucky. Awesome event anyways, can't wait for the next one!

druid138
03-22-2018, 11:35 PM
NF, I love this event! But, please open up the spigot a little on these Lilith frags. I'm racing the clock to get a second one, and the drops have dried up. My last 125 runs have only given 90 frags, terrible luck compared to the overall drop rates we're seeing of closer to 1.5 frags per run.

I managed to beat the clock, thanks to a 50 drop. Just an excellent event, NF!

My totals were:

1470 Ironite spent on 49 SoT refills
649 Floor X Runs
2 Liliths
12 Hellhounds
16 Rare Souls

Besides the Immortal Event, I think that's the best return on Ironite we've ever had in an event. Thanks, NF!!

Mizrael
03-22-2018, 11:58 PM
Phhhhhew! got to 500 fragments with 10 minutes to reset!!!

Overall a great return for the ironite needed! I didn’t keep an exact record of how much i’ve spent, but im guessing around 300 ironite a day....but 6HH+1 Lillith is better than 0 Liliths from 23 event souls (1800 ironite), thats for sure...

Yup
03-23-2018, 12:04 AM
Yeah pulled the last 5 Lilith frags for my second Lilith with 2 minutes left.

Ended up with 10 HHs and 2 Liliths. (And $5Mil gold for sacrificing most of the HHs and getting a vortex fill)

Good event.

Even if both my Lilith souls ultimately ended up be duplicates of what I already have.. couldn't grab the 2 I'm missing.

natasar
03-23-2018, 12:09 AM
Got stranded at 470 lilith frags - but as the next event will come that's not that big of a deal. Got 5 hellhounds and finished the event with around 350 ironite less than I started it (without spending money inbetween). Really liked this one!

T-Man
03-23-2018, 12:48 AM
The Lilith drops were extremely rare for me today. Didn’t quite get there.
Ended up with just short of 7 dogs, and 410 Lilith frags. At least the frags won’t go to waste. Good event, but bad luck on the Lilith drops for me.

Askora
03-23-2018, 01:27 AM
Managed 2 Lilith souls, dupes of the ones I bought but still good. Lots of extra hellhounds.