PDA

View Full Version : What relics do you prefer?

Kamuz24z
03-21-2018, 04:03 PM
I’ve been curious about what relics you guys preferred for your team
I chose power instead of HP, MR or DEF it suits my style it makes fights go faster but I also see the benefit of a higher HP
Do you regret any relics investment?

Reeb99
03-21-2018, 04:14 PM
Mostly attack and magic so far. Got one or two fury, but it didn't seem to make much of a difference. Loading up on attack has made a noticeable difference.

Sick
03-21-2018, 07:20 PM
I guess, you’ll do best when you balance them.

Stormseye
03-21-2018, 08:05 PM
Regretful of the Magus Attack....either there are none or I just don't have any Magus characters that deal physical damage...so wasted IC unless I misunderstand how Attack and Magic relic work.

Yup
03-21-2018, 08:14 PM
I misunderstand how Attack and Magic relic work.

It depends upon the damage the toon does...

if the toon does Magic Damage, then the ATK relic won't help.
You need the MAG relic to boost the attack of magic attacks.
(i.e. Gunner Lilith, Magus CotD, GRE, Clairvoyant)

if the toon does Physical Damage, then the ATK relic will help.
You need the ATK relic to boost the attack of physical attacks.
(i.e. Warrior Lilith, Shaman/Samurai/RTH/Holy Smoke Eddie, Warrior CotD)

If the toon does True Damage, then the ATK relic will help.
True damage is a formula using both ATK and MAG to create the actual attack value.
(I.e. Assassin Lilith, 7Son Eddie, Gunner CotD)

This also depends upon HOW the toon scales damage.
For example, Viking Eddie deals damage based upon Magic Resistance.
So no amount of ATK or MAG relics will boost Viking Eddie's attack, but the MR Relic will.

Most of Pharaoh Eddies attacks are based on DEF, so boosting DEF helps Pharaoh Eddie.
Although the MAG relic will help with a couple of Pharaoh's attacks.

-------------------------------

I haven't regretted any relics. I've spread them out quite a bit across all classes. The HP seems to yield the most benefit for the cost - allowing toons to survive that 1 extra hit many times.

Stormseye
03-21-2018, 08:48 PM
If the toon does True Damage, then the ATK relic will help.
True damage is a formula using both ATK and MAG to create the actual attack value.
(I.e. Assassin Lilith, 7Son Eddie, Gunner CotD)

I was curious as to why my GCOTD does more damage with a set of Assassin talis equipped as opposed to a set of Mystical Warp talis. Even though GCOTD says Damage dealt increases based on the enemy's Magic and Atk.

I guess it still calculates the base True damage off the attack/magic currently and Assassin Talis boosts that.

Wonder why there is no True damage relics then.

Well then I stand by my statement. I regret Magus Attack relic, since of my 19 Magus characters none of them do Physical damage. Does anyone have a Magus character that does physical?

T-Man
03-21-2018, 08:49 PM
I initially focused on toons I like to use in the Arena, strengthening their weaknesses. Used some on global as well. I had a lot of down time the week the relics kicked in, and had already planned to play a lot. The relics were a bonus for me in that regard.

No regrets really, but t’s feeling more like a chore to continue the grind now.

Btw does Shaolinlando ever sleep? :p

Askora
03-21-2018, 09:16 PM
I was curious as to why my GCOTD does more damage with a set of Assassin talis equipped as opposed to a set of Mystical Warp talis. Even though GCOTD says Damage dealt increases based on the enemy's Magic and Atk.

I guess it still calculates the base True damage off the attack/magic currently and Assassin Talis boosts that.

Wonder why there is no True damage relics then.

Well then I stand by my statement. I regret Magus Attack relic, since of my 19 Magus characters none of them do Physical damage. Does anyone have a Magus character that does physical?

7th Son and Lady Azov are both true damage attackers, so raising ATK will increase their damage at a slightly lower cost than for the magic relic. So, it's cheaper but doesn't provide any benefit to the magus characters that only do magic damage.

My primary first focus has been health and fury. Branching out now to target my preferred team setups.

Bradata
03-21-2018, 09:20 PM
Some say that defense and magic resist don't help at all but I faced a team with my warriors team and got my ass whipped off then I went to the store, upgraded both defense and magic resist with the little IC I had left and fought the same team again and again they started first but this time I had all my warriors alive and won. All the relics help one way or another you just need to start with the specific ones for the chars you use in PVP. If you get global health but then you also get warrior health relic, your warrior gets double the % of the current level on both. As you go to higher upgrade levels the price gets VERY high...

Kamuz24z
03-21-2018, 09:45 PM
I initially focused on toons I like to use in the Arena, strengthening their weaknesses. Used some on global as well. I had a lot of down time the week the relics kicked in, and had already planned to play a lot. The relics were a bonus for me in that regard.

No regrets really, but t’s feeling more like a chore to continue the grind now.

Btw does Shaolinlando ever sleep? :p

Maybe he got motivated getting all the relics before everyone or he wants to get as many Eternals as his nemesis jofer

T-Man
03-21-2018, 10:23 PM
Maybe he got motivated getting all the relics before everyone or he wants to get as many Eternals as his nemesis jofer

Perhaps, but it appears he is playing 24 hrs a day.

Deano82
03-21-2018, 10:42 PM

Must be jacked up on red bull 😂

Bradata
03-21-2018, 10:54 PM

Ha ha! Since Jofer & Gmak are now gone, I think he is going for braking their records which is going to be easy 'cause nobody cares anymore for the top spots in PVP. The Arena is like a dead zone lately, nothing is going on in there.

edsel
03-21-2018, 10:55 PM
Health global first, then health class all up to 80 makes most impact. You get +80% of a larger number so it yields a greater increased benefit? Like Visions with 17k base +80 global and +80 class with 22,668 for three green and three yellow (he has to run Angel to offset his migraine Fury weakness) he is over 70,000 HP. This is going to make PVP take a loooooooooooooong ass time. Make Garden of Fear X seem quick.

I got distracted at first buying all ones for making weaknesses but now think just getting health up asap is best use of coin.

slauki
03-21-2018, 11:17 PM
since it's a % growth i opted for the relics with the highest immidate effect. for all characters health is the highest number, so all will profit the most from health. especially the sentinels ofc. i brought them to a reasonable number mostly level 5/6. after then i opted for the relics that boost the strength of the individual class. attack and def for warriors, magic for magus etc...still no fan of these stupid relics. without new content they are just screwing up everything. and yeah visions with 17109 + 80% +80% = 44319 BASIC health with 6 health he would have additional 19952 for 64271 hp in theory... fuck this shit....and i thought the yellow valk meta was slow...if this game fails, THIS was the final coffin nail....

EDIT: forgot the base stats of the green talis so 64271+ (4527*6) = 91433

Yup
03-21-2018, 11:36 PM
..if this game fails, THIS was the final coffin nail....

I'm still floored by why a feature no one asked for and no one needed was implemented before actual new, payable, content was implemented. Especially since much of the "we can't" responses have been "we don't want to speed progression".. and isn't that exactly what relics do???

It's only a matter of time before the relics mean nothing overall. I mean yellow buffs were supposed to be "unremovable" and "permanent" yet.. well.. a couple months later.. yellow buffs are just a different colored buff, that's all. Nothing special... I'm waiting on the "unremovable" purple buffs now.

Reeb99
03-22-2018, 12:13 AM
It depends upon the damage the toon does...

--snip--

This also depends upon HOW the toon scales damage.
For example, Viking Eddie deals damage based upon Magic Resistance.
So no amount of ATK or MAG relics will boost Viking Eddie's attack, but the MR Relic will.

Most of Pharaoh Eddies attacks are based on DEF, so boosting DEF helps Pharaoh Eddie.
Although the MAG relic will help with a couple of Pharaoh's attacks.

-------------------------------

I haven't regretted any relics. I've spread them out quite a bit across all classes. The HP seems to yield the most benefit for the cost - allowing toons to survive that 1 extra hit many times.

Wrong. You were correct up until you went into Viking and Pharaoh Eddie. All skills scale with the damage type AND whatever the skill says, if it says anything. Most of those physical damage characters that say 'scales with defense' characters like FotD Eddie and The Wicker Man will do more damage if you load them up with Guardian talismans than they would with Iron talismans.

Yup
03-22-2018, 12:16 AM
Wrong. You were correct up until you went into Viking and Pharaoh Eddie. All skills scale with the damage type AND whatever the skill says, if it says anything. Most of those physical damage characters that say 'scales with defense' characters like FotD Eddie and The Wicker Man will do more damage if you load them up with Guardian talismans than they would with Iron talismans.

Beg to differ. My Viking has practically no ATK or MAG stats..just the base... but it's MR stat is high.. and he does serious damage. I think you are misinterpreting or misreading things. Some Eddies are tricky because they may employ both... I.E. Pharaoh... most attack is in defense, but he does have an attack that does "magic damage to all enemies" so that attack will use both.

Reeb99
03-22-2018, 12:19 AM
Beg to differ. My Viking has practically no ATK or MAG stats..just the base... but it's MR stat is high.. and he does serious damage.

Well then that's because his other base stats are pathetic then. I've done lots of testing with FotD and TWM, and it's a big difference boosting attack as high as possible as opposed to loading up on defense. The devs cleared this up over a year ago. It's always damage type AND what the skill says.

Yup
03-22-2018, 12:24 AM
BOTH Wicker Man and FOTD state they scale on defense. So of COURSE boosting their defense helps. You must not have Viking... He's the only one I can recall off the top of my head that is so clearly NOT based on ATK and MAG stats.

slauki
03-22-2018, 12:30 AM
I'm still floored by why a feature no one asked for and no one needed was implemented before actual new, payable, content was implemented. Especially since much of the "we can't" responses have been "we don't want to speed progression".. and isn't that exactly what relics do???

It's only a matter of time before the relics mean nothing overall. I mean yellow buffs were supposed to be "unremovable" and "permanent" yet.. well.. a couple months later.. yellow buffs are just a different colored buff, that's all. Nothing special... I'm waiting on the "unremovable" purple buffs now.

yeah, i can remember when reading the state of the nation. so much cool stuff, and then the relics. totaly unnecessary at the moment and totaly uncool too. maybe they had no idea how to drain our iron coins, that's why they implemented the talismans in the pvp store before...i had the strange idea that BNW was supposed to be the place to farm talismans, but obviously this was wrong...lol..and now we can grind for many months if we want to complete all relics. since many longterm guys are collectors, this might be a solid tactic to keep us engaged in theory. but pvp was dying before the relics and it will possibly die even more in some weeks, despite (or because?) of the relicts. if we would have gotten new content where the relics would be a great help, the story would have been completly different, but NF took the second step before the first, and lets just hope that they won't fall that way...

one sidenote: i think everything needs a counter, so it's fine if the yellow buffs can be removed by a fistfull of chars...so the implementaton of "unremovable" buffs was a problem itself imo...now we only need a counter for some of those stupid liliths...

Yup
03-22-2018, 12:46 AM
I like the Liliths and have no issues against any of them :)

The Warrior one pissed me off.. but just got to kill her quick. Same as when Astra came out.. or Wrath back before the nerf.

Reeb99
03-22-2018, 02:18 AM
BOTH Wicker Man and FOTD state they scale on defense. So of COURSE boosting their defense helps. You must not have Viking... He's the only one I can recall off the top of my head that is so clearly NOT based on ATK and MAG stats.

You're missing the point. TWM and FotD Eddie say they scale with defense on basic, but they actually scale with BOTH attack AND defense. I promise if you found a way to boost Viking Eddie's damage type high enough, you would see a difference. Viking Eddie was intended to give us somebody that could benefit from those useless Ivory talismans that nobody else uses.

Yup
03-22-2018, 02:28 AM
Well, we'll just have to agree to disagree.

The key word in the description is "SCALES", of course ALL attack power doesn't come from ONLY defense.. it starts with the ATK stat.. then scales based upon DEF stat. So technically, sure it'll use both... but really you see more scaling by sticking to th description and boosting the scaling stat, not the ATK stat.

Sick
03-22-2018, 06:23 AM

There have been accounts that were played by more than one player in the past. It seems that at a time they were even played simultaneously on different devices.

hold
03-22-2018, 06:34 AM

To counter the insane grind just introduce more grind for unneccesary shit ...

It's really time to ban the bongs from the office ...

slauki
03-22-2018, 08:40 AM
To counter the insane grind just introduce more grind for unneccesary shit ...

It's really time to ban the bongs from the office ...

nah man, maybe it's time to allow bongs in the office? :D

Yup
03-22-2018, 09:23 AM
Bongs??.. nah.. that would mean work isn't getting done. Work is getting done, but I'm thinking maybe it's meth... all that effort and spinning.. in a poor direction... 32 hours on a block of code that, well, no one asked for but now that it's coded, I guess we have to use it.... little progress overall.

hold
03-22-2018, 01:05 PM
nah man, maybe it's time to allow bongs in the office? :D

But if you are stoned you don't mind doing the same boring shite over and over again or tap 5.000.000.000.000.000 times on replay to get 500 Lilith fragments.

T-Man
03-22-2018, 03:06 PM
There have been accounts that were played by more than one player in the past. It seems that at a time they were even played simultaneously on different devices.

I remember that. They did fix the 2 device playing I believe. Though nothing would stop multiple people playing on one account.

MetalKing
03-22-2018, 04:54 PM
I’ve been curious about what relics you guys preferred for your team
I chose power instead of HP, MR or DEF it suits my style it makes fights go faster but I also see the benefit of a higher HP
Do you regret any relics investment?
I opted for buying global relics first, until they become too expensive in terms of iron coins I usually acquire in a week, then I'll switch over to the class relics. (On a side note, I absolutely HATE PvP in all games that I play, and only participate for certain event rewards here. When the other system for iron coins comes out I'll probably switch to there almost exclusively).
I wish that it would display what relics your troopers/potential troopers have when visiting their team. It would help you see how you compare and also help you select compatible teams to go with their champion.

Yup
03-22-2018, 05:27 PM
I wish that it would display what relics your troopers/potential troopers have when visiting their team. It would help you see how you compare and also help you select compatible teams to go with their champion.

Amen, brutha!

Sick
03-22-2018, 06:35 PM

It does. When you visit a trooper the Relics button is active.

Sick
03-22-2018, 06:41 PM
I remember that. They did fix the 2 device playing I believe. Though nothing would stop multiple people playing on one account.

I think so too. There has been a lot of arguing in the Facebook group about this some weeks ago with a serial Enternal. It went so bad that the devs stepped in and announced they would check this closely. Well since that he hasn’t been seen in the top ranks.

T-Man
03-22-2018, 06:46 PM
I think so too. There has been a lot of arguing in the Facebook group about this some weeks ago with a serial Enternal. It went so bad that the devs stepped in and announced they would check this closely. Well since that he hasn’t been seen in the top ranks.

Oh wow! Where is the satisfaction in that anyway? It's not like the rewards are all that as it is. Guess that doesn't matter to cheaters though.

Sick
03-22-2018, 07:10 PM
Oh wow! Where is the satisfaction in that anyway? It's not like the rewards are all that as it is. Guess that doesn't matter to cheaters though.

Yeah, unfortunate people.