PDA

View Full Version : Special event chars for frontier coins

slauki
03-26-2018, 08:57 PM
There are a lot of special event chars out there, that are impossible to get now. Snowmans, Krampus, Eddiebirds, pumpkins, wickerdeers and so on. For the collectionists this is a big problem. That's why i would like to see them in the store some weeks after the event ended in special souls, which could be purchasable via frontier coins...so we still would have a motivation to buy the souls, since it's hard to waste frontier coins just for the collection...but waiting a complete year, just for a chance to complete the collection is crap.

Some alternative ways to get them would be cool too... any other ideas?

maybe some special event which can drop event char souls, or fragments for them or something like that?
many other games have the possiblity to farm for toons in a long run, just we miss this possibility and waste a longterm goal for endgamers like me...would be cool to hear more thoughts about this...

natasar
03-26-2018, 09:56 PM
Great idea. Have been thinking about this lately too. Not sure about what would be the best way, but there definitely should be a way to get all characters for everyone.

MrFreeze
03-26-2018, 10:14 PM
I’ve been wondering if silent planet will have character soul fragments as well as regular fragments. I gave up on expecting any new content soon though. We’ll be lucky to see either NC or SP before the two year anniversary.

Coletrain
03-26-2018, 10:14 PM
As someone who has tried to acquire the coalgiver for the past 1.3 years, I would also welcome a new way to get these special characters. I think it has to be strategic so as to not diminish the importance of the events.

How about sacrifice? We currently can earn fragments for the Alchemist from vortex fills. After acquiring The Alchemist, how about giving players the option to select a special event character to work towards with their vortex fills? Could take awhile to get all wanted characters, but there's at least light at the end of the tunnel.

DIEDD
03-27-2018, 03:18 AM
great idea, I'd love to buy a krampus with frontier coins instead of buying the possibility that they give me one.

slauki
03-27-2018, 08:54 AM
As someone who has tried to acquire the coalgiver for the past 1.3 years, I would also welcome a new way to get these special characters. I think it has to be strategic so as to not diminish the importance of the events.

How about sacrifice? We currently can earn fragments for the Alchemist from vortex fills. After acquiring The Alchemist, how about giving players the option to select a special event character to work towards with their vortex fills? Could take awhile to get all wanted characters, but there's at least light at the end of the tunnel.

sacrifice would be cool too, since noone needs 3 alchemists :D. yeah silent planet and the demons of creation could be something like that, but man who knows. they are so slow with new content it's just a shame...gauntlet will be next (hopefully before 2nd anniversary) and only god knows, when the rest will/might come...in the state of the nation they announced relics, gauntlet, silent planet and night city along with guilds and stuff (http://forum.ironmaidenlegacy.com/showthread.php?9690-Legacy-of-the-Beast-State-of-the-Nation-2018&highlight=state+nation)

call me a pessimist but i'm happy if half of the announced stuff gets implemented...

blade685
03-27-2018, 10:24 AM
good idea but not for 700 frontier coins :)
3500 to have all Lilith!!! :eek:

Lord-7618
03-27-2018, 10:54 AM
What about a new kind of soul? A souls that lets you choose the toon? That would be fair for those of us who haven't the strongest toons. It could be bought with coins, ironite, gold, or collecting the fragments..

slauki
03-27-2018, 12:15 PM
What about a new kind of soul? A souls that lets you choose the toon? That would be fair for those of us who haven't the strongest toons. It could be bought with coins, ironite, gold, or collecting the fragments..

this would be an optimal way...guys like the legendary gmac have brought this up pretty often, but nothing happend. i have the impression NF has no interest to let us complete our roster.as long as we are chasing something,so the possible idea, we might continue playing...

MrFreeze
03-27-2018, 11:22 PM
this would be an optimal way...guys like the legendary gmac have brought this up pretty often, but nothing happend. i have the impression NF has no interest to let us complete our roster.as long as we are chasing something,so the possible idea, we might continue playing...

That’s a great idea. Wasn’t this something the devs were talking about doing? Or am I confusing it with the build your own character soul? I remember a conversation about something like this from a while ago. I would definitely like a choose your 5* soul though. That damn AG is the one eluding me.

slauki
03-28-2018, 07:23 AM
That’s a great idea. Wasn’t this something the devs were talking about doing? Or am I confusing it with the build your own character soul? I remember a conversation about something like this from a while ago. I would definitely like a choose your 5* soul though. That damn AG is the one eluding me.

as mariner pointed out we should have something to chase for if we should continue playing, so some kind of "pick your own toon"sould should be a nobrainer to create longterm motivation.the sad truth is, we won't ever have a full roster, since there will always be new toons/special toons and crap which will destroy this plan. so give us at least the illusion, that we can complete it one day, i'd say....
i like the way you can get the liliths, you can buy them for FC, farm fragments from time to time or pray to get lucky on special souls

T-Man
03-29-2018, 11:41 PM
I really had luck on my side for the Christmas event. Scored Colegiver, Krampus, Elf, the missing Snowman, Assassin Deer. Only missing the Gunner Deer I believe. Most of these are just for the collection and having some fun. It would be cool to have more opportunities to grab them. Selecting the ones you want would be even better.

blade685
03-30-2018, 11:19 AM
just a new 4 or 5* soul at the end of the month can be a solution to replace the daily month dupe souls
and sometime event to choose one chars too :)