OS
    Android

Broken (never ending) SoT

So it seems for at least the last 3 days (possibly more) my Sands Of Time are broken.

They start at 80 each day. I play anything that requires SoT and they go down a bit, but I've not seen them go down below 70 (81 -> 15 cost for a GoL level + 4 earned on level). The next turn, they'll be back up to 80 again.

This all started happening after I hit level 98 (which was not long after Auto-play was added). That in itself was weird, as I saw the "Level up" screen come up 5 times, each after a battle in between. It was like it either didn't recognise the previous level up or my player level got drained somehow and then bumped over the transition value again.

After that I set the game going on Auto-play (just after it the level up bug), went and did stuff and forgot about it (thought it'd finish when I ran out of SoT) and came back a few hrs later to find it saying my talismans were full (so I didn't notice it), so I have no idea how long it was going for. Then I set it off and once again forgot about it (went and had dinner and watched a movie) and found it still going 3+ hrs later, saying I had full SoT.

Since then I've deliberately tried to curb my playing where SoT is spent to ~30-40 min sessions, 3-4 times a day (about what I used to get without buying SoT).

Notes:
    - I was going to report this yesterday but noticed a game update. Unfortunately the update didn't solve the problem, so here we are.
    - Issue persists across game restarts, device reboots and 1 game update.
    - I haven't tried uninstalling/reinstalling (need to remember/reset my password first).

Quote Originally Posted by Cefiar View Post
    So it seems for at least the last 3 days (possibly more) my Sands Of Time are broken.

They start at 80 each day. I play anything that requires SoT and they go down a bit, but I've not seen them go down below 70 (81 -> 15 cost for a GoL level + 4 earned on level). The next turn, they'll be back up to 80 again.

This all started happening after I hit level 98 (which was not long after Auto-play was added). That in itself was weird, as I saw the "Level up" screen come up 5 times, each after a battle in between. It was like it either didn't recognise the previous level up or my player level got drained somehow and then bumped over the transition value again.

After that I set the game going on Auto-play (just after it the level up bug), went and did stuff and forgot about it (thought it'd finish when I ran out of SoT) and came back a few hrs later to find it saying my talismans were full (so I didn't notice it), so I have no idea how long it was going for. Then I set it off and once again forgot about it (went and had dinner and watched a movie) and found it still going 3+ hrs later, saying I had full SoT.

Since then I've deliberately tried to curb my playing where SoT is spent to ~30-40 min sessions, 3-4 times a day (about what I used to get without buying SoT).

Notes:
    - I was going to report this yesterday but noticed a game update. Unfortunately the update didn't solve the problem, so here we are.
    - Issue persists across game restarts, device reboots and 1 game update.
    - I haven't tried uninstalling/reinstalling (need to remember/reset my password first).
    LOL... that would be a nice problem to have!!!
    Sidney-1805
    Daily Player
    This game is going to get me fired one day...

OS
    iOS
    I think, it was a mistake to report it here.
    Sick-6808

OS
    Android
    Do you have your device settings set to (detect date/time automatically? or to a set timezone?)
    Can you try changing the selection you have to the other, preferably to a set timezone and not automatic (please close the game before doing this), and then try opening the game and see if you experience the same errors?

this is what they told me in the support, I changed it and the problem was solved.
    I hope it works for you.
    The Mofo Cult (died31-6484).

OS
    iOS
    yeah.. I don't think I would have reported it to be honest.
    -----------------------------
    CLANLESS
    All there is in this app is to spend money or collect yet more frags... entirely pointless and unfulfilling..

OS
    Android
    It is not a good bug as it seems, the sot are still counting, only that it is not displayed correctly on screen and at some point the game crashes, without rewards or trooper points.
    at least that's the way it is for me (for the second time).
    The Mofo Cult (died31-6484).

OS
    Android
    I used to have it set to a fixed timezone. Since the bug I changed it to automatic (the time had drifted by 2 mins since I last set it, which was probably a year ago).

Device is Wifi only (no mobile data), so that comes from an internet time server and is definitely OK.

Notes:
    - It definitely doesn't seem to crash on me if it runs too long (maybe NF actually fixed one part of the bug!).
    - I almost always close the game before the day ticks over (midnight GMT, +10 AEST as I'm in Australia), as I've had issues if I'm in game when that happens.
    - If I have more than 80 SoT (eg: 120 today), then it does go down, but once it drops below 80 it goes back to 80 again.

As for reporting it: Well I don't want to exploit it and then somehow get my account banned for supposedly "hacking the system" and get thrown back to level 1 again. If that happened I'd probably throw the game in.

PS: I hit level 99 yesterday and it's still going, so getting to the next level didn't reset things either.