Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
    OS
    Android

Question Disgusted, Time For A Rant!

OK, I've been good and pissed for a while. If you love The Game and think it's the greatest thing ever, stop reading now because this is just going to irritate you. If you're like me and have spent hours and a lot of money playing and are still asking yourself why, then read on and do feel free to join in.

I'm Ravenika-0198 and I'm level 45. I'm a lady gamer and Maiden fan who's been playing pretty much since the game was released. I have 11, yes 11 level 80 4*star characters and one level 72 4* character. NO 5* TOONS. I play nearly every day and am obsessive about making sure that any Trooper that rents my HAND REARED FROM 3* Boom Chicken (Corrupt Owl Cultist, FIRST anything but a 2* I received, and yes, I played a Druid in WoW by my same name) gets a rent back (that includes little squirt Eddies who ride Rumble Seat!). I've spent over $500 trying to better my toons and better my Trooper so those that rent him get benefit, even if he wears tissue paper armour. Well, dried leaves really but I digress.

I got sick of having my ass handed to me on the routine. I stayed the course, worked hard, built up my talismans. I've purchased RIDICULOUS amounts of Ironite (Pharaoh's Treasure? FOUR, at least) to finance revives.

Did research, learned about the Allied Mage Soldier and his Reflect Shield. Dumped Ironite into Rare Mega Packs until I got one. Meanwhile, can we just frown at how many dupes and vendor trash drop out of those things? Worked like hell to level one up, and in doing so, got a 4* Wickerman upon finishing Underworld HARD. Pretty cool, only my second non-Eddie 4* anything, first was BORKED FOREVER Pharaoh Dog, only recently fixed.

Took on Underworld Madness. Believe the hype, people, Allied Mage Soldier + Damage + Damage (preferably with some form of healing) = get through the thing. Caveat -sometimes reflect kills everydamnbody and the game sort of freezes, and you get to START OVER. While I don't have all my yellow balls up, THE THING IS DONE.

So, I am ECSTATIC, maybe I'll get a 5*, FINALLY!!!

Second. 4*. Wickerman.

Really? REALLY???

Let's talk Time Rift. WHAT IDIOT planned this out? Who in all that is Metal Goodness said, "Hey, let's use the SAME MOBS for ALL CLASSES, just tweak the trash mobs and the game mechanics a little bit, BUT MAKE THE PLAYERS LOOK AT THE SAME STUPID NPCS 10 TIMES, RINSE AND REPEAT??? Oh, and let's not leave out the WTF INSANE JUMP from VII 45 4* mobs to VIII 60 5*??? AND 6-8 Sands per Rift... OH LOOK, buying Ironite again to refill your Sands if you want to do any Dungeons... HA!

Many 5* Troopers have dropped my Boom Chicken because let's face it, people now need an arsenal of well-talied 5*s to breeze through Rifts VIII-X. NONE of my toons are helpful to folks with 5* toons and can rent more, not even my Wickerman. I don't blame them, I need them too.

I'm so grateful to my little group of BIG KID Troopers that rent me regularly: Cdz-9572 (BEST Nomad, EVER), Chris-2293, Azdekth-1901, Julian-8919, Joaquin-5746, Diego-9472, DrFeinstone-3842, Balkof-6101 - you are THE BEST!!!

Please, please don't grief rant by telling me, "It's a free game" or "Don't play if you think it sucks". We all know there is nothing free about this game if you want to get ANYWHERE. All (most) of us are here because we love Iron Maiden and wanted to support their game.

The sad truth is, whoever is at the game development helm is doing a really, really piss poor job. Frequent inconsistencies, copious bugs that take too long to fix, borked and repetitive game mechanics, hype for unhype-worthy new content, RIDICULOUS prices for upgrade items ($50 for a Skill Shard? Yeah, who paid that price? Not me, thanks!)... can't wait to see what's next!

Thanks for listening, /rantoff.

Oh, and add me if you like, I'm apparently optimistic / a glutton for punishment.

Ravenika-0198
    Last edited by Ravenika d`Veldrin; 08-21-2016 at 09:05 PM.

OS
    iOS
    lol add me you're funny!

Jokes aside, I'm lvl 83 and only yesterday pulled my first 5*, it just seems like luck, I've played this gam from pretty much the start just like yourself, I'm a maiden fan and I still
    Like this game but I'm with you about the hasty devs, it all seems to be trown together rather quick. The sands need fixing, either by a second currency, one currency for cosmos one for rift or lower the timer to 2 or 3 mins, it's hard to use all your troopers otherwise, although there hasn't been a day I haven't used any of my troopers. I hope you stick with the game tho and hope your luck changes for the better soon.
    Dutch-2701

5* Lvl 100 Champions all maxed talismans (If on my trooper list, let me know if you need me to change my current Champ)

* Grim Reaper (Champ)
    * FOTD
    * Carriage Rider
    * Warrior Troll
    * Warrior COTD
    * The Nomad

OS
    Android
    Thanks, Dutch, I hope so too. I think the 2nd Wickerman was the coffin nail for me.

OS
    iOS
    Quote Originally Posted by Ravenika d`Veldrin View Post
    Thanks, Dutch, I hope so too. I think the 2nd Wickerman was the coffin nail for me.
    I won't tell you how many dupe eddies I've got then I've had some shockers getting those rare packs only ending up with 3* massive kick in the bollocks whenever that happens, got the nomad yesterday so game saver for me, have worked hard to get a few talismans to 50 and evolved some characters to 5*, really hope you get something decent soon, the rift is good to grind for rare souls so no need to buy the packs any longer
    Dutch-2701

5* Lvl 100 Champions all maxed talismans (If on my trooper list, let me know if you need me to change my current Champ)

* Grim Reaper (Champ)
    * FOTD
    * Carriage Rider
    * Warrior Troll
    * Warrior COTD
    * The Nomad

OS
    Android
    I. Love. That. NOMAD!!! His power attack is BRUTAL. Check out Cdz-9572's build, her toon does 10-12k damage on a regular attack which is I like a robe fluff to him or something. I have 4 Trooper Nomads and her's is SO massively powerful. I'll admit, I'm super jealous! I'd love him, a Corrupt General, or the Cyborg Eddie.

I'd also like no gray hair. Alas, life.

Added you, thanks!

OS
    iOS
    Quote Originally Posted by Ravenika d`Veldrin View Post
    I. Love. That. NOMAD!!! His power attack is BRUTAL. Check out Cdz-9572's build, her toon does 10-12k damage on a regular attack which is I like a robe fluff to him or something. I have 4 Trooper Nomads and her's is SO massively powerful. I'll admit, I'm super jealous! I'd love him, a Corrupt General, or the Cyborg Eddie.

I'd also like no gray hair. Alas, life.

Added you, thanks!
    The nomad has always been my fav character so I was damn happy to get him as my first 5*, have levelled him to 100 and he's got lvl 50 talismans he's a beast. Let me know if you need me to change champion
    Dutch-2701

* Grim Reaper (Champ)
    * FOTD
    * Carriage Rider
    * Warrior Troll
    * Warrior COTD
    * The Nomad

OS
    Android
    Got a 5* cyborg if you want, last slot.

Tom-7714

OS
    Android
    Omg the CYYYYBBBOORRGGGGUUUHHHH HE'S SO DREAMY

OS
    Android
    You're sweet, Dutch. Just played your Soldier, he lays down some hurt a-plenty. Thank you for letting me drive him!

OS
    Android
    And yes, please, Tom. Sorry I fangirled a bit.