Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    OS
    Android
    gotta admit, i liked the Character Fragment events more in PVP. Way more players have set weak defenses back then.
    Sacrifice talisman seems interesting, yet a green x3 Talisman Set that heals when he is killed? I'd rather seen this effect for a purple set.
    Gunning for the 75 fights, but not spending ironites on refills.
    i had nearly all characters (all devices combined, some sacrificed), only missing:
    2019 Eddie Guy Farks Eddie, Wicker Toon Awaken The Pilgrim, Wicker toon Awaken, Valhalla Maiden Fallen Icarus Eddie, Lone Star Eddie Magma Beast Ed
    main: satani-7954 - Life after Death Ed
    second: satani11ce-5461 - Where the Eagles Dare Ed
    mobile: satani666-5224 -Thor Ed

OS
    iOS
    Quote Originally Posted by Giacomo Farinacci View Post
    How much does the power skill of Heal talisman cost?!? If it is 10, they are useless. This is not a information to hide!
    The power cost is only 4 and the healing is good (10000 hp for all the team in the first test i did) , those talismants looks very usefull

There is one thing i don’t get:
    Why are the event talismans always the shitty subpar which NF created as a “half solution” to the issue of having a useless subpar?!

For those who haven’t been around since the release- here is a short recap:

When the game first came out, the 3 talisman subpars were flawed (just like alot of other bad,bad design ideas,the original team created). For example red FIERCE had a much higher Str value than the other 2, hence making it a no brainer to use anything else than fierce.

When REPORTED BY THE COMMUNITY (no, they didn’t notice that themselves) NF just nerfed the value to the level of the other 2 subpars- making skilled subpar completely useless.

After MONTHS of players complaining about it they first released Viking Eddie, claiming that “there will be more characters in the future, which will profit from those subpars” and then they just went with a “temporary”(read “swept under the carpet and forgotten”)solution and changed the useless subpars to add some more stats.

Sadly, we haven’t seen any characters with a use of skilled,sorcery,mystical or onslaught subpars till this day.

Have you ever tried to equip a gunner with only onslaught talismans? well...don’t bother! they will do around 300dmg!

Why not just completely delete those subpars from the game instead of asking the players to pay real money for them?!

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by Mizrael View Post
    There is one thing i don’t get:
    Why are the event talismans always the shitty subpar which NF created as a “half solution” to the issue of having a useless subpar?!

For those who haven’t been around since the release- here is a short recap:

When the game first came out, the 3 talisman subpars were flawed (just like alot of other bad,bad design ideas,the original team created). For example red FIERCE had a much higher Str value than the other 2, hence making it a no brainer to use anything else than fierce.

When REPORTED BY THE COMMUNITY (no, they didn’t notice that themselves) NF just nerfed the value to the level of the other 2 subpars- making skilled subpar completely useless.

After MONTHS of players complaining about it they first released Viking Eddie, claiming that “there will be more characters in the future, which will profit from those subpars” and then they just went with a “temporary”(read “swept under the carpet and forgotten”)solution and changed the useless subpars to add some more stats.

Sadly, we haven’t seen any characters with a use of skilled,sorcery,mystical or onslaught subpars till this day.

Have you ever tried to equip a gunner with only onslaught talismans? well...don’t bother! they will do around 300dmg!

Why not just completely delete those subpars from the game instead of asking the players to pay real money for them?!
    I would say it depends on your strategy! But for farming I agree most of these Talis are not the best choice.
    For PVP it is different. I will not go into details, but some remarks:

- for some toons damage scales with DEF or MR
    - not all toons are designed to do a lot of damage
    - some toons really need some DEF and MR to survive
    March 1st 2019 Update - NEVER FORGET!

Blade-4052 // The Mofo Cult

Retired in November 2020

OS
    Android
    The solution to those subpar talismans would be that talisman type converter and anyone could choose whatever they want for a specific Eddie / ally / team composition.
    I wish for a talisman type converter

OS
    iOS
    I’m kind of glad the rewards aren’t anything great. These events are my least favorite. Pvp is annoying and takes longer than ever now. I’ll be lucky to make it to 75 wins. I put a crap defense in to help people out, but I probably won’t play enough to show up on lists very often.
    MrFreeze-6530

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by MoonShadow View Post
    The solution to those subpar talismans would be that talisman type converter and anyone could choose whatever they want for a specific Eddie / ally / team composition.
    Nice idea, but I doubt this will happen. Grinding for the things you need / wish is a basic principle of the game...

Back to topic:
    Personally I do not like these arena events very much. When this type of even was released for the first time, it was exciting. And back then, it was about the number of MATCHES not (!) WINS. This was ok, but could be "exploited". Whatever expoit means in that case from NF perspective. Even if not only wins count, I am sure people needed to buy refills to achive the goals. Also I learnt that time that I can climb quite high in the ranks, more as I thought! This was cool, but this is over since relics were introduced. Moreover I dislike that only few poeple set a funny weak defence. I assume this might me related to the relics (I want to point out again: very bad decision to have them in PVP and not only in PVE. It was a brilliant concent that almost everybody could win against everybody). Moreover I do not like the strech goals. They encourage people to do really aim for 1000 wins. In my opinion this is just insane. I cannot understand anyone doing so many battles. This brings me to the next point: normally, 300 wins was the sweet spot because you complete a respective talisman set and normally get some nice bonus rewards. Why was this changes this time? For a normal player, that has some other responsibilites in life, 300 wins a really a challenge and should be awarded better!
    March 1st 2019 Update - NEVER FORGET!

Blade-4052 // The Mofo Cult

Retired in November 2020

OS
    Android
    Ok. Seems good. Tv very much for the info

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by surfingwithdje View Post
    The power cost is only 4 and the healing is good (10000 hp for all the team in the first test i did) , those talismants looks very usefull
    Android
    Ok. Seems good. Tv very much for the info

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by Blade View Post
    Nice idea, but I doubt this will happen. Grinding for the things you need / wish is a basic principle of the game...
    Yes, I know, it won't happen. Unfortunatelly.

OT: I didn't like this kind of Arena events since the beginning. Way too many matches to be played = too much time wasted with the game. Still, I've played as much as I could, although I never got anything good out of the reward souls --> now I've got a complete uselless 10th Sentinel Golden Son out of the Legendary Sentinel Soul........

Also, this current event is really annoying; since the introduction of the Relics, once you enter in top 100, you're gonna be eaten by the big sharks and waste the SoW, besides the time. Not good.
    I wish for a talisman type converter