Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    OS
    Android

Reducing HP by 10% is not a good idea as it is

Nice idea adding a status that lower the max HP by 10% however, setting it as PERMANENT for the whole battle seems a little too much. A negative status which keeps piling up and can't be removed is rather unbalanced, it has to change by putting a time limit or adding a positive status that raise by 10% the max HP.
    Grim-8797

OS
    iOS
    I am sure they will come up with a new Talisman soon that does exactly that - maybe as part of a May event simialr to what we have now. That is usually the cycle of things. Put out Necropolis and toons that can do it then for the next meta change provide a counter to that (through an event or through ironite/£). They have to make money somewhere and to keep people playing and this is a common approach for free to download games abd I am fine with that.

I came up against a team with Necropolis on three toons and it was a bit scary. But with a revive I was OK as that cleaned that off my toons to start again.
    "We oil the jaws of the war machine and feed it with our babies" - Two Minutes to Midnight - Powerslave

scott-5496

OS
    Android
    The counter talismans will probably be a common drop in night city. So, don't worry it's coming soon!

OS
    iOS
    Quote Originally Posted by scott-5496 View Post
    I am sure they will come up with a new Talisman soon that does exactly that - maybe as part of a May event simialr to what we have now. That is usually the cycle of things. Put out Necropolis and toons that can do it then for the next meta change provide a counter to that (through an event or through ironite/£). They have to make money somewhere and to keep people playing and this is a common approach for free to download games abd I am fine with that.

I came up against a team with Necropolis on three toons and it was a bit scary. But with a revive I was OK as that cleaned that off my toons to start again.
    I thought you could only purchase 1 set for $9.99 in the store. How did somebody get 3 sets?

OS
    iOS
    Revive counters it..... the toon revives without the block.
    -----------------------------
    CLANLESS
    All there is in this app is to spend money or collect yet more frags... entirely pointless and unfulfilling..

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by Yup View Post
    Revive counters it..... the toon revives without the block.
    I wouldn't really call that a counter, since you can't revive a toon that isn't dead or that is killed with permadeath or ghost. Lose the coin toss and you're guaranteed to lose max health. Making the talismans available only for cash purchase takes the game a big step forward towards the pay to win category.

OS
    Android
    That line of ACRs in GOD 9 is brutal now. I don't buy that the Warrior Allied Soldier is a valid counter, either. Who wants to waste space on a weak character that has to use a power move to somewhat counter what other characters can do on basic attacks?

They need to either scale back the 10 percent to 5 OR make a heal skill that can cleanse it.
    Reeb99-9320

Make the Angel of Fear great again!
    Restore the single target damage!
    No other character has been nerfed so many times!
    Many other characters do much higher damage, and have USEFUL passive skills!
    Why do you hate that character SO MUCH?

OS
    Android
    At the moment it's a rather interesting type of skill that was obviously made to counter the high health meta that people didn't like before. There isn't much of a counter at the current time, but I think that a possibile counter is Piece of Mind Eddie's power move that doubles everyone's health. Obviously that's not a good enough counter right now but we just gotta wait until they release more characters who can double team health.
    Fearless leader of the Jomsvikings

OS
    iOS
    Well the 2X HP also makes the HP block a bit irrelevant. 10% of 2X HP is a sliver in most cases. So PoM Eddie or the W Soldier help there. I suspect that the 2x HP is seen as a bit of a counter.

What bothers me is invisibility or invincibility don't prevent the attack. If a toon is in a state where it can't be hit.. then how is its HP being blocked??? At the very least Invisibility and Invincibility should cause the block to NOT take effect.
    CLANLESS
    All there is in this app is to spend money or collect yet more frags... entirely pointless and unfulfilling..

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by Yup View Post
    Well the 2X HP also makes the HP block a bit irrelevant. 10% of 2X HP is a sliver in most cases. So PoM Eddie or the W Soldier help there. I suspect that the 2x HP is seen as a bit of a counter.

What bothers me is invisibility or invincibility don't prevent the attack. If a toon is in a state where it can't be hit.. then how is its HP being blocked??? At the very least Invisibility and Invincibility should cause the block to NOT take effect.
    I agree, ^ at the bare minimum, Perfect Immunity should protect
    Fearless leader of the Jomsvikings