Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    OS
    Android

Lets compare LOTB to Marvel Strike Force

Hey guys,

i recently started Marvel strike force, just to see how it compares to LOTB. After getting hooked i played for full two weeks now and i would like to share my first results (could write a roman but will try to keep it as short as possible):

first thing to keep in mind that the budget for MSF is huge compared to lotb. There are much more players, and much more developers so a comparsion is a bit unfair, but let’s see what how it goes…

What i like better in LOTB:
    - The main point is that LOTB is way less pay to win heavy than MSF. You can fasten up your progress a ton if you are a huge spender (a whale). This is much better here, since you can reach everything and compete with everyone once you put in enough time/effort.
    - In MSF the Arena system is different. You have 5 free matches a day. The arena never resets but there are daily payouts. So the payout structure is more rewarding, but climbing is strange. If you are at 1000 and fight vs one guy who is 850 and you win, you will simply swap places. The higher your rank the better the rewards ofc. Once your Attempts are used yo can buy more with cores (ironite). Lotb has the better structure i think.
    - In msf are no talismans, you level chars up with gold and equip them with different material which boost their stats. You have to farm a lot and boost your char through 11 (?) different giers. That’ takes forever. But the lack of talismans removes one important component from the game. So the whole combat is more standard with less surprises once you know the chars.

What is better in MSF
    - The game came out as a full game with plenty of game modes and content. There is everything lotb has and a ton more (big campaign mode, arena, gauntlet, guilds and raids, daily rewards, satelite 15 and milestone and archievments). So everything NF had to develop in 2 years is there from the beginning, that’S very impressive.
    - In MSF you can farm for almost all characters. You can play a level which can drop character shards 5 times per day for free and hope it will drop shards to complete the char. It’s a PITA but you are sure you will get the char, so this is way better.
    Some chars are not farmable, you can only get them via orbs (souls) or during some event. I don’t like this because only a few heavy investors get shards of premium toons (top 500 for example)
    - No dupes are possible. Once you have a char and he has 3 stars for example, you can farm for more shards to level him up to 4stars and so on.
    - You can farm all level instantly if you have cleared them with 3 skulls. Since the game has a ton to do it’s no problem at all. This makes the game much less time consuming than lotb despite the different game modes.
    - In arena every character has a a specific speed. The fastest char go first then the 2nd fastest and so on. So there is no coinflip, this feels more fair than a completly turn based system.
    - Some ingame currency got cut down a alot after the beta and the players got a huge compensation of 3000 power cores (worth of 40€). They seem to care more about the feelings oft he players so far.
    - The guilds/raids feature is just great. You can work together to finish some complex raids and to get some rewards. You can chat with your guildmates and it’s fun (even the chat is crap)

Don’t wanna blow up this thread too much. If you have more comments/quastions just ask. If you wanna join our alliance just pm me. we have some very known LOTB players out there and we are working to get a solid group together to crush the game.
    BTW: It’s possible to play both games at the same time if you are on the PC using an emulator. No idea how long i will continue to do so, but for now it works okayish.

don't be a mofo and join the mofos.

if you are interested in joining one of the top 5 clans in lotb, contact me and we can start the negotiation. we are full atm but we can put you on the mofo list if you like.

OS
    Android
    Playing as well and, both me and my sig, agree with the above.

... Cmdr Ed. Out.
    New signature: Loading...

If anyone want to add me as a Trooper: Sponholz-2356

OS
    Android
    Since many of you are wondering "What's left"... here's an answer for you. Fill the void of new content by joining us in MSF. That gives you something new to play while we wait for Night City. I'm not suggesting abandoning this game at all - but anyone that's played for a little while knows that running a bunch of Troopers on auto is not actually Playing anything at all. It's fulfilling a moral obligation.

More content will be delivered, and when it is, we'll all be excited and run back to daily play. Don't burn your roster, and don't max out those wickerdogs just to burn through your supplies... you'll need the supplies again at some point. In the meantime, play something that is fresh and fun while you wait. There's nothing wrong with playing two games, and for the love of Maiden, we shouldn't leave this one. Think of it like a relationship. You're broken up, and there's nothing wrong with tapping something else right now - even though you know you're going to get back with this one eventually.
    This is what not to do if your bird shits on you.

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by Mariner-1212 View Post
    Since many of you are wondering "What's left"... here's an answer for you. Fill the void of new content by joining us in MSF. That gives you something new to play while we wait for Night City. I'm not suggesting abandoning this game at all - but anyone that's played for a little while knows that running a bunch of Troopers on auto is not actually Playing anything at all. It's fulfilling a moral obligation.

More content will be delivered, and when it is, we'll all be excited and run back to daily play. Don't burn your roster, and don't max out those wickerdogs just to burn through your supplies... you'll need the supplies again at some point. In the meantime, play something that is fresh and fun while you wait. There's nothing wrong with playing two games, and for the love of Maiden, we shouldn't leave this one. Think of it like a relationship. You're broken up, and there's nothing wrong with tapping something else right now - even though you know you're going to get back with this one eventually.
    Ha ha, I like this!
    No we're not in paradise
    This is who we are
    This is what we've got
    No, it's not our paradise
    But it's all we want
    And it's all that we're fighting for
    But it's not paradise

OS
    Android
    SWGOH has the "swap places" pvp as well, and I don't like it. I think the pvp structure is better here except for the higher players getting more iron coins per win, which ensures they are on top perpetually. Either the iron coins should be the same (a win is a win), or the lower players should get more to encourage more competition. The higher players will be getting a bigger payout anyway. I think satellite 15 was supposed to play to that theme, but you rarely get anything worth mentioning.
    Reeb99-9320

Make the Angel of Fear great again!
    Restore the single target damage!
    No other character has been nerfed so many times!
    Many other characters do much higher damage, and have USEFUL passive skills!
    Why do you hate that character SO MUCH?

OS
    Android
    just a short update...game was released on 28.03 today we got a new content update with new stroybased event nice rewards and a new raid which is available for one month....so more new playable content in 3 weeks than we have seen here in more than one year...

if you are interested in joining one of the top 5 clans in lotb, contact me and we can start the negotiation. we are full atm but we can put you on the mofo list if you like.

OS
    iOS
    Quote Originally Posted by slauki View Post
    just a short update...game was released on 28.03 today we got a new content update with new stroybased event nice rewards and a new raid which is available for one month....so more new playable content in 3 weeks than we have seen here in more than one year...
    Sad huh. Same story in DFFOO. Already had two new chapters added plus a ton of other stuff in just under 3 months. You’d think night city would be easy. They already have four worlds, how different are they trying to make it. At least we got a hotfix for something I thought was fixed in the last hot fix

I downloaded MSF yesterday. If I end up sticking with it, I’ll look you guys up.
    MrFreeze-6530

OS
    Android
    You guys also have to remember that anything Marvel or SW related is going to draw in a lot more people. More people = more money, and more money = a bigger development team. Those games also tend to be much more pay-to-win as well. Have fun, but you'll be back here eventually.
    Reeb99-9320

Make the Angel of Fear great again!
    Restore the single target damage!
    No other character has been nerfed so many times!
    Many other characters do much higher damage, and have USEFUL passive skills!
    Why do you hate that character SO MUCH?

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by MrFreeze View Post
    Sad huh. Same story in DFFOO. Already had two new chapters added plus a ton of other stuff in just under 3 months. You’d think night city would be easy. They already have four worlds, how different are they trying to make it. At least we got a hotfix for something I thought was fixed in the last hot fix

I downloaded MSF yesterday. If I end up sticking with it, I’ll look you guys up.
    that would be awesome man \m/
    and yeah it's really sad to see the stalled environment here...how hard can it be to release one goddamn FOTD level they had for helloween again...apparently it's extremly hard...not to mention night city...or gauntlet...or silent planet....or anything at all....

Quote Originally Posted by Reeb99 View Post
    You guys also have to remember that anything Marvel or SW related is going to draw in a lot more people. More people = more money, and more money = a bigger development team. Those games also tend to be much more pay-to-win as well. Have fun, but you'll be back here eventually.
    yeah that's the main difference. agree with both as stated in the opening post. and don't be afraid i'm going nowhere, although i might slow down here a bit.

OS
    Android
    I was curious to try this MSF but, unfortunately, I couldn't install it on my Leapdroid emulator and, after I did manage somehow, I could see only a pink screen all over.

Tried some advices from the net, but it seems that the game requires some Directx+ that Leapdroid doesn't have in the settings.

Should I install other emulator which works or there is another trick? Thx.
    I wish for a talisman type converter