Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 20,000

OS
    Android

Congrats, Carlos! Breaking 20,000 is mind-blowing!
    druid138-6195
    Sunrise Senjutsu Eddie
    Pity me none
    at the gates of our hell

OS
    Android
    I cannot congratulate on that. It is insane! Nothing personal of course! The top3 has now 11k, 18k and 20k.
    It is a shame that NF encourages this kind of crazyness by the strech goals and the run for relics! It is irresponsibility at its finest.
    I mean these guys are in danger to not seeing any daylight for the whole week. They might lose their jobs, friends and families - if they have anything out of that. We could now estimate the amount of ironite needed for that and convert it to real money. I would assume to see some alarming numbers!
    Of course, everybody is responsible for him/her self in regards of spending time and money on a mobile game, as well as when to start considering that as an addiction and when to see a doctor.
    Take care, you guys!
    March 1st 2019 Update - NEVER FORGET!

Blade-4052 // The Mofo Cult

Retired in November 2020

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by Blade View Post
    I cannot congratulate on that. It is insane! Nothing personal of course! The top3 has now 11k, 18k and 20k.
    It is a shame that NF encourages this kind of crazyness by the strech goals and the run for relics! It is irresponsibility at its finest.
    I mean these guys are in danger to not seeing any daylight for the whole week. They might lose their jobs, friends and families - if they have anything out of that. We could now estimate the amount of ironite needed for that and convert it to real money. I would assume to see some alarming numbers!
    Of course, everybody is responsible for him/her self in regards of spending time and money on a mobile game, as well as when to start considering that as an addiction and when to see a doctor.
    Take care, you guys!
    blade, i know both guys and i can assure you they are very fine persons. they are certainly extreme, but so are we since we are playing this game for 2 years now . i can pretty exactly calculate the amout of ironite needed for that and you would be surprised it's not THAT much. many guys blow much more for event souls for sure. this game and this community is about dedication and love to the band and to the game. and both carlos and kamuz are passionate and skilled as hell....if someone says "everyone can do this if he has the time and ironite" this is pure BS and this week this should pove him wrong...unless your day would have 72 hourse then, it's not possible for average guys to reach this even with full maxed relics. this is pvp SKILL at it'S finesta and i really enjoy the race.
    i cannot see a reasons for your stupid clichees , losing job bla bla, losing family bla bla, losing friends bla bla...if your life is somewhat organized you can have it all and your firends will survive if you don't have that much time for them in one week when you are chasing after your passion.

don't be a mofo and join the mofos.

if you are interested in joining one of the top 5 clans in lotb, contact me and we can start the negotiation. we are full atm but we can put you on the mofo list if you like.

OS
    Android
    I don't see this as a too much of a time investment as, since the introduction of the Relics, many top players had big piles of iron coins and brought the most possible out of them. Right now, they are practically invincible and are thrashing, burning & wiping the floor with the most / many teams. This isn't a competition anymore, but its not their fault if someone from the NF thought that the Relics are good for the game. And it really is, but it is just for few, as it seems, and those can even play all of the matches on auto, I believe, at least the most matches against the "casual" players of the Arena.
    I wish for a talisman type converter

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by MoonShadow View Post
    I don't see this as a too much of a time investment as, since the introduction of the Relics, many top players had big piles of iron coins and brought the most possible out of them. Right now, they are practically invincible and are thrashing, burning & wiping the floor with the most / many teams. This isn't a competition anymore, but its not their fault if someone from the NF thought that the Relics are good for the game. And it really is, but it is just for few, as it seems, and those can even play all of the matches on auto, I believe, at least the most matches against the "casual" players of the Arena.
    Very good point! I did not think of that but you are right! With many many relics and a good idea of team builds auto pilot may really be an option! In a way this disagrees with what Slauki said, so maybe some of the top players want to share some ideas about their strategies!? What is your win%? What proportion of matches do you do on auto?

@Slauki: I do not doubt them being nice persons, that's why I put that sentence in the first line of my comment. I also play this game with a lot of passion and I spend a lot of time but only very few money on it. It is not my aim to criticise the respective players and I think I have choosen the right words. If not, its because english is not my mother tounge.
    I rather want to rise some awareness because other players might get the idea to also try to go for that huge number of wins/points and I am sure, that not all of them have an organised life as you put it. This is where I see the danger. Challenge can take over and create addiciton, especially for young people. Moreover, if many players do these 1000 wins (or how many do the top3 have right now? 1500), they proof NF right to put these high demands. Maybe next time the goals go up to 2k and the "sweet spot" for completing the tali set is raised to 500? I would clearly dislike such a development, you too?

Retired in November 2020

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by Blade View Post
    Very good point! I did not think of that but you are right! With many many relics and a good idea of team builds auto pilot may really be an option! In a way this disagrees with what Slauki said, so maybe some of the top players want to share some ideas about their strategies!? What is your win%? What proportion of matches do you do on auto?

@Slauki: I do not doubt them being nice persons, that's why I put that sentence in the first line of my comment. I also play this game with a lot of passion and I spend a lot of time but only very few money on it. It is not my aim to criticise the respective players and I think I have choosen the right words. If not, its because english is not my mother tounge.
    I rather want to rise some awareness because other players might get the idea to also try to go for that huge number of wins/points and I am sure, that not all of them have an organised life as you put it. This is where I see the danger. Challenge can take over and create addiciton, especially for young people. Moreover, if many players do these 1000 wins (or how many do the top3 have right now? 1500), they proof NF right to put these high demands. Maybe next time the goals go up to 2k and the "sweet spot" for completing the tali set is raised to 500? I would clearly dislike such a development, you too?
    okay if you put it that way i can agree with it. i just disliked the standard chiches about gamers from your previous posts. you would be surprised how successfull many of us are in real life, because if you have passion and dedication it's easy to transfer this into other parts of your life as well. that's how professional sportsmen/musician/artists get their highest level of success, they simply put in a ton of work and get better and better. that's why i love this attitude in general.
    that said your points are valid, it's a small path that divides good/healthy/professional attitude and addiction. and i really dislike the amount of grind in this game and i would have prefered to see the action in the arena going down with this horrible relics. but the opposite seems to be the truth. so NF did everything right??? i doubt it

don't be a mofo and join the mofos.

if you are interested in joining one of the top 5 clans in lotb, contact me and we can start the negotiation. we are full atm but we can put you on the mofo list if you like.

OS
    iOS
    I wonder whether or not it is time to create different leagues within PVP - that I think would help all levels. Just have the top rosters fight it out amongst themselves for the 'champions' league and then have leagues below that where simialr fights can take place over the week or month. I have this on a game I play and it works well I think as there are fewere beast teams to play and much more within your reach to beat.

Leagues could be based on your relic level (overall combined score), your roster or similar. Clearly your in game level would not work as I would guess that the vast majority (maybe) are 100. I know many team I have faced this week I just did not stand a chance with 80% relics and then more for each class - just domination, especially if they go first. That too is fine but it must be a nightmare for those lower down or more likely in the top 250 - 100 - the normal non-event top 100 is usually full of very tough teams - all of whom deserve their spot as they play so mauch more and therefore get way more IC than a more casual player.

I't a tough one to set up maybe. Not sure. But as other suggest I think if you are not bothered about froping 1000 ironite or whatever it is and you have so many maxed relics then auto must be a real option for a small bunch of players.

I am happy enough to not bother with having to be top 100 anymore - if I get it fine but more often then not top 250 is OK by me as I tend not to need to buy any SoW to get that. The loot difference between the two is just not worth the effort or buying an extra SoW an hour before reset (which I used to do).

Hats off to the big time players though - serious dedication - I really honestly do not know how they find the time or indeed the patience to do it - I would be bored daft! I just got my 150 wins this week and I think I will call it a day on trying for 300 with only today and tomorrow left and a life to live with kids etc.....just not worth it when I can finish off with a 500 ironite spend to get a final talisman - if indeed it is worth it as they are weak versions......which is the norm for these events as others have said elsewhere.
    "We oil the jaws of the war machine and feed it with our babies" - Two Minutes to Midnight - Powerslave

scott-5496

OS
    Android
    @Slauki: Good that we found some understanding now! Next time we can switch to german if neccessary

Anyway I "lost" some good friends from my youth as they could not stop playing WoW, LoL etc. and did not do their studies properly while I did my PhD already. Plus playing some instruments, doing sports etc...so I guess I know what you mean! But I am sad for my friends. They are all clever as hell, but just can't stand the temptation of gaming and trying to be the best, forgetting about time and responsibilities in real life. Maybe I am a bit more aware of these psychologic aspects because of that. These games/game modes with rankings are successful in creating addiction and sometimes they are even made exactly to do so! Does anyone NOT know the episode in South Park about mobile games and addiction in general? If that is the case, please watch it, it is gorgeous!

Retired in November 2020

OS
    iOS
    Having been on both ends of the spectrum here I can tell you there is a fine line between passion and addiction to gaming. Used to play EQ with much fury and almost lost my wife and job over it. I learned and was able to correct myself and now I know when to set things down.

I can tell you these top players aren’t just burning time. They have skill, and for that they should be congratulated. I was able to reach my goal of the “podium” last week and it was hard fought. Over 1000 matches and about 1800 ironite were used. This was pretty time consuming especially with FallenAngel chasing me the whole way. Relics helped and I will admit to spending about 20 bucks on ironite but the rest I had stockpiled. So the money really wasnt an issue and if you stay in the top 5 you will have acquired a fair amount of ironite which enables you to perpetuate yourself. The top guys have the hardest builds and well earned. I was able to defeat Carlos most matches but I don’t think I was able to beat Kamuz more than 2 times in all the face offs. It was just a matter of builds and luck for me though.That in and of itself is a personal triumph as these guys have proven time and time again they have the right formulae down. Hats off to those people who have the skill and builds to stay on top.

OS
    iOS
    These scores are all due to Relics not skill. Skill would imply a player could beat their own defense team using a team with less relics. The team with more relics will win by default. The Arena rank/scores are meaningless in its current state. The ratio of players with a lot of maxed Relics, is out of proportion to the majority of players. If there were true competition, the scores would be closer at the top. The massive margin in points, is due solely to Relics.
    I love Relics, and enjoy the events earning more. No disrespect to any individual players. But ranking/points system is flawed and favors a very small pool of players. I really can’t call running up the score impressive. Have to call the flaws in the game for what they are instead of defending them, or worse, celebrating them.