Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: 20,000

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by RobG-9641 View Post
    These scores are all due to Relics not skill. Skill would imply a player could beat their own defense team using a team with less relics. The team with more relics will win by default. The Arena rank/scores are meaningless in its current state. The ratio of players with a lot of maxed Relics, is out of proportion to the majority of players. If there were true competition, the scores would be closer at the top. The massive margin in points, is due solely to Relics.
    I love Relics, and enjoy the events earning more. No disrespect to any individual players. But ranking/points system is flawed and favors a very small pool of players. I really can’t call running up the score impressive. Have to call the flaws in the game for what they are instead of defending them, or worse, celebrating them.
    Not true, I've beaten many teams with much better relics than my own. Skill and the right characters is 100% required.
    Fearless leader of the Jomsvikings

OS
    iOS
    I should revise my comment. Over numerous battles, the higher relic team will more likely beat a team with less relics.
    Offense or defense. Statistics will favor the stronger team winning more. It is possible to beat high relic teams. I’ve done it too. What needs to be addressed is the points/ranking/rewards system. This is what’s out of whack in the game right now.
    Relics aren’t the problem.

OS
    Android
    I think the rewards system should definitely get a rework to keep in pace with the current meta.

OS
    iOS
    To further clarify why I say it’s Relics not Skill, offensive team with higher relics will more often fight a weaker opponent (less HP, attack, magic, etc.) With current imbalances of the haves vs. have nots with relics, the haves are greatly advantaged and can win by simply overpowering their opponent. That takes no skill. Again, I’m not disrespecting any individuals or trying to imply they don’t have skill or skill isn’t required. Relics just currently create a system of favoring already strong teams, making them more powerful than the majority of players.

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by slauki View Post
    blade, i know both guys and i can assure you they are very fine persons. they are certainly extreme, but so are we since we are playing this game for 2 years now . i can pretty exactly calculate the amout of ironite needed for that and you would be surprised it's not THAT much. many guys blow much more for event souls for sure. this game and this community is about dedication and love to the band and to the game. and both carlos and kamuz are passionate and skilled as hell....if someone says "everyone can do this if he has the time and ironite" this is pure BS and this week this should pove him wrong...unless your day would have 72 hourse then, it's not possible for average guys to reach this even with full maxed relics. this is pvp SKILL at it'S finesta and i really enjoy the race.
    i cannot see a reasons for your stupid clichees , losing job bla bla, losing family bla bla, losing friends bla bla...if your life is somewhat organized you can have it all and your firends will survive if you don't have that much time for them in one week when you are chasing after your passion.
    Nice respond, Slauki! 2 weeks ago me & Kamuz were accused of using bots, now this. There's always gonna be people accusing others of cheating only because they are better than them. Both 20 000 points players have been playing since DAY 1, people! What do you expect from players being constantly in the higher ranks from the beta PVP! I myself had a lot of ironite without being on top that much so if you play your cards right, you'll have an advantage against others.. in most cases. I should mention Nicko here, he is back again with very creative defense AGAIN, hat's off man! Lost against his team 3 times and gave up, used my most wining teams and still lost. So yeah, relics play some role here but if you're as creative as Nicko, you'll be a winner every time you decide to be
    This is too much typing for me, I'm out!
    No we're not in paradise
    This is who we are
    This is what we've got
    No, it's not our paradise
    But it's all we want
    And it's all that we're fighting for
    But it's not paradise

OS
    iOS
    Quote Originally Posted by Blade View Post
    I cannot congratulate on that. It is insane! Nothing personal of course! The top3 has now 11k, 18k and 20k.
    It is a shame that NF encourages this kind of crazyness by the strech goals and the run for relics! It is irresponsibility at its finest.
    I mean these guys are in danger to not seeing any daylight for the whole week. They might lose their jobs, friends and families - if they have anything out of that. We could now estimate the amount of ironite needed for that and convert it to real money. I would assume to see some alarming numbers!
    Of course, everybody is responsible for him/her self in regards of spending time and money on a mobile game, as well as when to start considering that as an addiction and when to see a doctor.
    Take care, you guys!

I have to agree with Slauki on this one. These guys are simply skilled and ten cuts above - pure and simple. Carlos has a great job - a great family - and two beautiful children. Kamuz - from my limited interaction with him - has his act together as well and has always been fast as hell - an ace at both offense and defense. To say you can't congratulate them on this amazing achievement - and imply they're putting their lives in jeopardy just because they can outmaneuver the casual player with ease - is just wrong. I know there are language issues here so excuse my taking what you said at face value - but these guys deserve big congrats and thanks Druid for starting this thread.

And thanks for the props Bradata! I've become a dabbler but it's still fun to tinker - once in a while something just works - and while I've always had an affinity for defense, Fallen Angel and Kamuz are the defensive masters of the day. In fact Fallen Angel gets the "Most Annoying Defense Ever" award - and I say that as a major compliment!
    Nicko-0517

OS
    iOS
    Buying the most relics doesn't mean you have a good defense... just saying. I don't know any players.. and I don't wish to cast ANY aspersions upon them. But feeling proud that you have iron coins to buy relics which means you're going to have a clear advantage over most other players.. well.. that's the equivalent of bragging about a participation trophy.

And sorry. this game has nothing to do with "love for the band". A fondness for the Eddie art maybe,... but that's not the band. That's Derek Riggs and the IM marketing team. Sure a fondness for IM may have made you download the app.. but that's where that stops.
    Last edited by Yup; 04-21-2018 at 02:40 AM.
    -----------------------------
    CLANLESS
    All there is in this app is to spend money or collect yet more frags... entirely pointless and unfulfilling..

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by Yup View Post
    And sorry. this game has nothing to do with "love for the band". A fondness for the Eddie art maybe,... but that's not the band. That's Derek Riggs and the IM marketing team. Sure a fondness for IM may have made you download the app.. but that's where that stops.
    Fun fact: it was my fondness for games in general that made me download this game. I got into Iron Maiden shortly after and bought the Edhunter CD. One of the best decisions I made.

OS
    iOS
    All I know is growing up listening to Killers, Iron Maiden, Number of the Beast, Peace of Mind... we'd have laughed our asses off at guys that thought winning some computer battle because they were able to achieve fake currency to buy fake abilities made them somehow "tough" or "smarter". It's like a male adult film star thinking he's a "ladies man" when the reality is the "ladies" are being PAID and ANY guy would do.

Sorry, topping the arena ONLY means you have more time, more relics, and you're more willing to refill SOW, that's all. It's NOT ANY sort of "achievement" whatsoever.

Again.. I don't know players personally and NOTHING is meant to be derogatory toward players. Not at all. Taking advantage of the "game" mechanics is something we'd all probably do. No harm in that.
    CLANLESS
    All there is in this app is to spend money or collect yet more frags... entirely pointless and unfulfilling..

Banned
    OS
    iOS
    Quote Originally Posted by Yup View Post
    All I know is growing up listening to Killers, Iron Maiden, Number of the Beast, Peace of Mind... we'd have laughed our asses off at guys that thought winning some computer battle because they were able to achieve fake currency to buy fake abilities made them somehow "tough" or "smarter". It's like a male adult film star thinking he's a "ladies man" when the reality is the "ladies" are being PAID and ANY guy would do.

Sorry, topping the arena ONLY means you have more time, more relics, and you're more willing to refill SOW, that's all. It's NOT ANY sort of "achievement" whatsoever.

Again.. I don't know players personally and NOTHING is meant to be derogatory toward players. Not at all. Taking advantage of the "game" mechanics is something we'd all probably do. No harm in that.
    Bahahahaha, the less fortunate will always cop some lame obvious excuse and attacks. Sorry, we just rule in game and in life.

On to big boy stuff.. CARLOS, my man, congratulations!!!! And don’t listen to all the petty jealous attacks. Here’s a quote to live by...

“I need you to hate, so I can use you for your energy”

Feed off the tears. So awesome to see some champs still here, you were always a warrior. Torch is good in your hands, get at me if you ever come to SF, I’ll show you the ways there too my friend, current status haha...

Name:  a2ufsi.png
Views: 602
Size:  1.11 MB