Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast
    OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by Yup View Post
    Honestly Sparton.. the newer grind events which are more akin to achievements... .. like "use all warrior for X" do indeed offer a bit of a "new" factor to the old worlds. It also causes one to look are rarely used characters possibly. The last "Beast with Warrior" made me realize I have no warriors that can grant immunity other than Trooper Eddie. So sure enough when the W Golden Son and W Pyro Soldier dropped this past week I kept them rather than throwing the back into the mixer which I've been doing for months. These are MUCH more interesting that the 150-300-400+ Arena wins events.
    I agree, Yup. PVE-based achievement events (even with just the existing content) have a lot of potential, in my opinion. Creating achievements to complete worlds with only certain types of teams (specific toons, classes of toons, specific or no talismans on toons, etc.) could bring more fresh life into PVE.
    druid138-6195
    Sunrise Senjutsu Eddie
    Pity me none
    at the gates of our hell

OS
    iOS
    I think the issue for end game players, at least for me is there is nothing to do in the game at this point. This has been touched upon in the thread. All there is to do, and for some time now, is try and collect all the toons. This just adds to the grind. These high cost, and limited toons just ad to the frustration.

AtG Ed is extremely costly. I haven’t even complete the Lilith collection, and now we have another toon soon after. The Beast also just before Alex. Which only 3 days to get him is a punch the gut. Anyway, all we can do is grind the same ole over and over towards AtG. This lacks in motivation, and fun quite honestly.

Grim was another long term toon, but there was a more interesting path towards him. The same can not be said of this new Ed.

My $.02 for whatever it’s worth.

OS
    Android
    I agree with most people's comments 700 near broke me for a third Lilith guess if I wanna be top 50 or better I'll have to suck it up and pay the money b.t.w in the process of getting the 2 x 1250 coins you would likely get a couple of cool new characters. Worse scenario sacrifice them all you'll get round the vortex mighty fast!

OS
    Android
    I meant to mention I just took on Reidon who has the new Eddie, his other characters died very quickly, but it took me a long time to overcome Alexander and the taunt Well fortunately I'd already cleaned up his others or it would have been quite different.

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparton_LOTB View Post
    [*]Characters, not features, make the money: We're not interested in making $5 entry fees for features for a variety of reasons,* and thus the real revenue stream for the game will always come from getting and improving new characters (for collection purposes, for PVE optimizations, for PVP competitiveness, etc). Since we need to make money to continue to exist (since the game is free to download, and many people spend either nothing or very little even after playing for a year or more), we have to make sure enough of our man power for a given month is working on initiatives that keep enough money flowing in that we can keep the lights on, and can grow the business to the point where we can spend time on other initiatives that improve the business. I really can't get into a whole lot more specifics than that, but I assure you no one on the development team (or even the publishing team) is driving to the office in Ferraris.
    Thanks for being so open but that paragraph just says: Nothing will change. Hmmmm ...

And I read through the whole thing again to find anything positive here. But:

• Telling the crowd that is waiting for something like an eternity for real new content that it is not easy to develop a new world and takes a long time basically says that in between new content will always be something like a year? I do believe that there is effort needed to make new worlds - but a year?
    • That Alexander the Great has no fury makes me suspicious that there were no more ressources to develop a great looking fury? (Or Slauki called it desperation mode!) For what he should be he really is a bit pale - I just played him from a trooper.
    • If creating long term goals (like to get Alexander) is equal to "grind 2 years on autoplay" I really have to change my view or the definition of fun.
    • Slauki lost faith - game is doomed.
    Last edited by hold; 04-28-2018 at 11:04 AM.
    On the day you get your most wanted 5* character -> don't play the lottery! Your luck is exhausted.

OS
    Android
    I know you have to make money. However, the current pvp environment is beyond stupid, and it's only getting worse. I have a feeling this is a last-gasp attempt to keep the game afloat, and it's only driving people away.

The relics + ridiculously overpowered characters + a ridiculous AI accuracy bonus = people wanting to delete everything and start over somewhere else.
    Reeb99-9320

Make the Angel of Fear great again!
    Restore the single target damage!
    No other character has been nerfed so many times!
    Many other characters do much higher damage, and have USEFUL passive skills!
    Why do you hate that character SO MUCH?

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by Yup View Post
    Honestly Sparton.. the newer grind events which are more akin to achievements... .. like "use all warrior for X" do indeed offer a bit of a "new" factor to the old worlds. It also causes one to look are rarely used characters possibly. The last "Beast with Warrior" made me realize I have no warriors that can grant immunity other than Trooper Eddie. So sure enough when the W Golden Son and W Pyro Soldier dropped this past week I kept them rather than throwing the back into the mixer which I've been doing for months. These are MUCH more interesting that the 150-300-400+ Arena wins events.
    I would completely agree with Yup here. Even though I didn't get the Beast, that event was fun. I used a handful of characters that I haven't touched in awhile. I don't have to play on Zombie mode.

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by OdoyleRules View Post
    I would completely agree with Yup here. Even though I didn't get the Beast, that event was fun. I used a handful of characters that I haven't touched in awhile. I don't have to play on Zombie mode.
    This sentiment is true, we can utilize dusty players in creative ways to make the challenge happen. Instead of creating new content, making the current content challenging and forcing us to strategize and actually hit buttons to win instead of trooperauto/zombie mode. I had the same issue as YUP with warrior class, ended up sharding Run to the Hills and realized he was actually useful, damage scaling on enemy hp made him great at killing boss. Many of us have large teams and only use a few, forcing the quest requirements with creative combinations of skills and classes is smart for NF because everything already exists and fun for us who have done everything and are wanting the game to be challenging again.

Senior Member The Educated fool's Avatar
    OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by hold View Post
    Slauki lost faith - game is doomed
    /Thread /Forum
    EducatedFool-1193

MOFO 4 LIFE!

You know it's not only madmen who listen to Fools

OS
    iOS
    Is it odd that I don’t share any of the complaints in this thread? Being a life long Maiden fan I just enjoy firing the game up to see Eddie, run the daily Troopers, and pass a little time. I’ve been playing as long as the rest of you, I’m just silent for the most part on here. Though I read through threads almost daily. Where my discontent comes from is dropping real money ingame and not getting the Eddie I wanted. Case in point, Piece of Mind Eddie. I made four cash in app purchases, dropped a boat load of resources, a ton of time, and came up empty handed. These are the instances that piss me off and put a self imposed spending freeze in effect. I tell myself “fine, from this point on, not spending a damn dime till he drops!”. I’ve went months not ‘contributing’ to NF’s coffers because of it. I tend to buy stuff when I’m happy, and glad to do it. But getting stabbed in the ass, IMO, during an event, turns me sour and shuts me down. Oh, I’ll keep playing, but the money train is on hold for the time being. And it is pretty much only the Eddie toons I worry about. The rest will come in time. Alexander Eddie, while ridiculously over priced, will come in time also. Mostly because I am not going to spend my coins on anything non Eddie. And I can see I will eventually get him.

As far as the new content, I can wait, and I’m sure I’ll enjoy it when it arrives. PVP I couldn’t give two shits about. I only ever bother with it during events for the most part. This game is a time passer, nothing more. It is the only mobile game I’ve ever spent a dime on or played over a week. That’s all Maiden.
    Saigrim-3244

Order of Eld Clan, One Member of Many