Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678
    OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by Saigrim View Post
    Is it odd that I don’t share any of the complaints in this thread? Being a life long Maiden fan I just enjoy firing the game up to see Eddie, run the daily Troopers, and pass a little time. I’ve been playing as long as the rest of you, I’m just silent for the most part on here. Though I read through threads almost daily. Where my discontent comes from is dropping real money ingame and not getting the Eddie I wanted. Case in point, Piece of Mind Eddie. I made four cash in app purchases, dropped a boat load of resources, a ton of time, and came up empty handed. These are the instances that piss me off and put a self imposed spending freeze in effect. I tell myself “fine, from this point on, not spending a damn dime till he drops!”. I’ve went months not ‘contributing’ to NF’s coffers because of it. I tend to buy stuff when I’m happy, and glad to do it. But getting stabbed in the ass, IMO, during an event, turns me sour and shuts me down. Oh, I’ll keep playing, but the money train is on hold for the time being. And it is pretty much only the Eddie toons I worry about. The rest will come in time. Alexander Eddie, while ridiculously over priced, will come in time also. Mostly because I am not going to spend my coins on anything non Eddie. And I can see I will eventually get him.

As far as the new content, I can wait, and I’m sure I’ll enjoy it when it arrives. PVP I couldn’t give two shits about. I only ever bother with it during events for the most part. This game is a time passer, nothing more. It is the only mobile game I’ve ever spent a dime on or played over a week. That’s all Maiden.
    Agree with you 1000%! I'm no longer waiting for new content. Strictly collecting Eddies. Why NF, or some community members, feel paying for one or two will wreck "their economy" I don't understand. They release plenty of complementary characters to offset within the game. It's all about PVP, which is now disaster anyway. I'm a fan of the band and Eddie. Let me have them!
    kkkreg5-6767

_________| CLAN |_________

👹 The Mofo Cult 👹

OS
    Android
    "Originally posted by Saigrim"
    Is it odd that I don’t share any of the complaints in this thread? Being a life long Maiden fan I just enjoy firing the game up to see Eddie, run the daily Troopers, and pass a little time. I’ve been playing as long as the rest of you, I’m just silent for the most part on here. Though I read through threads almost daily. Where my discontent comes from is dropping real money ingame and not getting the Eddie I wanted. Case in point, Piece of Mind Eddie. I made four cash in app purchases, dropped a boat load of resources, a ton of time, and came up empty handed. These are the instances that piss me off and put a self imposed spending freeze in effect. I tell myself “fine, from this point on, not spending a damn dime till he drops!”. I’ve went months not ‘contributing’ to NF’s coffers because of it. I tend to buy stuff when I’m happy, and glad to do it. But getting stabbed in the ass, IMO, during an event, turns me sour and shuts me down. Oh, I’ll keep playing, but the money train is on hold for the time being. And it is pretty much only the Eddie toons I worry about. The rest will come in time. Alexander Eddie, while ridiculously over priced, will come in time also. Mostly because I am not going to spend my coins on anything non Eddie. And I can see I will eventually get him.

As far as the new content, I can wait, and I’m sure I’ll enjoy it when it arrives. PVP I couldn’t give two shits about. I only ever bother with it during events for the most part. This game is a time passer, nothing more. It is the only mobile game I’ve ever spent a dime on or played over a week. That’s all Maiden.
    .................................................. .................................

I also agree here I won't limit myself to just collecting Eddies but Eddie collecting is the main goal, there are so many long term goals surely it could not hurt NF to greatly increase odds of claiming a new character when the souls are purchased with real currency?
    Last edited by rags-6094; 04-28-2018 at 08:33 PM.
    Out of the universe, a strange light is born
    Unholy union, trinity reformed....

Proud Member of the Jomsvikings Clan

OS
    iOS
    Exactly, Rags

I want the other toons, and I do the events for them all, but they are icing on the proverbial cake. And I’d spend for the chance at them too, but can handle the being robbed a lot easier. Like the Beast. I dropped everything I had (would have bought more Ironite for the chance, but, well, PoM) to try and nab him. Alas, next time maybe.

I also feel if you are dumping real money for an event your odds should increase. The free to play people still get the same shitty odds as usual, but there should be better odds the more times you crack open souls.
    Saigrim-3244

Order of Eld Clan, One Member of Many

OS
    iOS
    For real 2500 IC or 200 dollars forget it I will understand 1000 IC or 10 dollars the person who decided this prices is wrong there are not many people that are going to spend this much money for a toon I bought the new God of war for 60 dollars and there’s no way this Eddie is more entertaining than a 5 stars game or any console game in general
    I bought those started packs just to support you NF I didn’t need them and Sadly this game is dying and is time you guys release something new not just characters and talismans
    I’m also getting to the point to look for something new in mobile games I have only 2 games in my phone MSF and LOTB many of us have achieved everything in this game give us something new more levels to keep playing you can start by adding an god mode.

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by Saigrim View Post
    Exactly, Rags

I want the other toons, and I do the events for them all, but they are icing on the proverbial cake. And I’d spend for the chance at them too, but can handle the being robbed a lot easier. Like the Beast. I dropped everything I had (would have bought more Ironite for the chance, but, well, PoM) to try and nab him. Alas, next time maybe.

I also feel if you are dumping real money for an event your odds should increase. The free to play people still get the same shitty odds as usual, but there should be better odds the more times you crack open souls.
    Yeah, all games that deal with RNG at one time or another put some kind of algorithm that protects players against bad luck, since it is natural for RNG itself to be frustrating. But what we see here in LotB, regardless of any doubtful explanation that the devs can give us, is that the RNG of the game increases your chances of getting things that you do not want, do not need or wait for a long time to have, but never comes.

Why? For any idiot to spend more money! What a terrible way to make people invest in your game.

Every day more I understand all our fellow troopers who have left us.

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by Kamuz24z View Post
    For real 2500 IC or 200 dollars forget it I will understand 1000 IC or 10 dollars the person who decided this prices is wrong there are not many people that are going to spend this much money for a toon I bought the new God of war for 60 dollars and there’s no way this Eddie is more entertaining than a 5 stars game or any console game in general
    I bought those started packs just to support you NF I didn’t need them and Sadly this game is dying and is time you guys release something new not just characters and talismans
    I’m also getting to the point to look for something new in mobile games I have only 2 games in my phone MSF and LOTB many of us have achieved everything in this game give us something new more levels to keep playing you can start by adding an god mode.
    it's getting more and more pay to win...one thing that wasn't discussed yet, is that you can buy 1250 FCs now several times. many think that's for the beast but in fact a whale can open his wallet and buy all liliths and all eternals/troopers too without playing one single trooer/arena match. that's really horrible imo. and well you are definetly right, there is nothing more to archieve here unfortunatly. we have to set our own goals like carlos with his 25k, and this is getting old. 1000 FC would be reasonable but 2500 is a horrible joke...

i like longterm motivations but playing one year or more to get one character is not a very smart motivational approach. goals have to be realistic if you want guys to chase them...

don't be a mofo and join the mofos.

if you are interested in joining one of the top 5 clans in lotb, contact me and we can start the negotiation. we are full atm but we can put you on the mofo list if you like.

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by Kurzgesagt View Post
    Yeah, all games that deal with RNG at one time or another put some kind of algorithm that protects players against bad luck, since it is natural for RNG itself to be frustrating. But what we see here in LotB, regardless of any doubtful explanation that the devs can give us, is that the RNG of the game increases your chances of getting things that you do not want, do not need or wait for a long time to have, but never comes.

Why? For any idiot to spend more money! What a terrible way to make people invest in your game.

Every day more I understand all our fellow troopers who have left us.
    I can't see a niche game being sustainable with the business model being to ask for high prices for desired characters and still frustrate the majority of the players. I really don't like this freemium shit - I rather pay 20 bucks for a game and can play it offline and forever. The most stupid thing is if this goes bust - the servers are being switched off and everything is gone. When this happens I hope Iron Maiden takes the online part out of the game and release it as a offline enjoyment for the fans.
    On the day you get your most wanted 5* character -> don't play the lottery! Your luck is exhausted.

OS
    Android
    new playing style and new content

New playing style leads to easy new content. I have an idea of how to create a league (guilds) that would immediately lead to more content without a lot of new coding. Make groups out of sets of troopers. Each group will be treated as 1 player on a leaderboard. The groups compete against each other and are ranked on the leaderboard. Have a weekly event where players gain individual event rewards for competing event objectives. Have additional rewards based on how your guild ranked on the leaderboard. These challenges would be objectives, AND also achievements. Rewards would be shards, soul fragments, whole souls, iron coins and frontier coins. There can be exclusive characters earned in these weekly events along with chances to get older characters. There can be free and paid offers that will help complete the objectives of achievements during the event. Adventuring can take place in different areas and with different teams to complete objectives and achievements. Then perhaps once a month a new zone could be added (like lord of light 11, or powerslave zone2, etc.).
    How about some Alexander fragments first event??