Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    OS
    Android

Random aNnoyance Generator

I'm sure everyone who has been playing long enough has seen this, but this is one of the most severe issues with this game.
    I opened my 6th trooper soul yesterday (yeah, been playing it slow on that front).
    So far, the results are:
    1. Trooper Eddie
    2. Warlord
    3. Warlord
    4. Warlord
    5. Warlord
    6. Warlord

I know there is a tendency to get handed dupes, but this is getting ridiculous.
    With 4 characters available from those souls (assuming for now that chance for all characters are equal, as stated in the book of souls info) the likelyhood for getting 5th warlords in a row is
    0,25 * 0,25 * 0,25 * 0,25 * 0,25 = 0,0009765625%.
    That is a likelyhood of 0,09765625 percent.
    Seriously NF, you cannot tell me that there is no tampering going on with the RNG on soul drops.
    If you care at all about long term players, you will need to change this. Everyday I see more and more veteran troopers dropping off because of RNG frustration. Would it really hurt you to make the drops fair?
    You can always (and already do) create more toons to prevent the collectors from getting them all, but if they at least see a chance of getting the missing ones, they will keep collecting.
    And yes, regarding the tooper souls, all characters can be bought with frontier coins, but is that really the idea behind the trooper souls? For me, at this point they are nothing more than a disappointment on opening and then one useless toon for sacrifice and 100 coins.

OS
    Android
    Oh man! These are unbelievable bad numbers! I am really sorry for you! We all have seen "bad luck", but this is really crazy! I had to open like 10 souls (same for eternals) to get all four so you can still get them in total from the same number of souls like me. BUT to have 5 times the same character in a row is really beyond unlucky! I know, it will be hard to motivate you, but maybe try to open the souls on different days / different times, as I have noticed that the book has some good times and some bad times. But there is no real "strategy" to become "lucky". Final remark: the "good" thing is (in my opinion), that all trooper chars are not that good! I have not sharded one of these. I see some usage for the Lady and Trooper Ed can be a troublemaker in pvp in the right team. So from my perspective it is nice to have them all (I am a collector), but you don't really "miss" something without them and therefore the 100 FC are the best thing about the Troops!
    March 1st 2019 Update - NEVER FORGET!

Blade-4052 // The Mofo Cult

Retired in November 2020

OS
    iOS
    We all know NF is fooling us with that, even if they don’t admit it. I‘m firmly convinced that RNG is account related. Example here (one out of many): I sacrificed blue bat in a sacrifice event last year. It was a non-dupe, but I got so many of them so far, thought I would get it easily back. I didn‘t see it for almost half a year! This sacrifice event, once I got it back, oh look, another... and another... and another... 6 so far, ofc totally random. This is just rediculous! RNG being bs anyway, nobody can believe this is random!
    Btw except skill shards I got only crap out of this event. Maybe I‘ll follow Freeze and Eskiggalu, cause I’m really tired of being fooled all the time and seing NF pulling the great name of Iron Maiden in the dirt with their business practices.
    GotN-0546

_________18M RPs________
    _________| CLAN |________

👹 The Mofo Cult 👹

💀 Blackbeard Eddie 💀

OS
    Android
    Thank you Blade,
    I've played the two missing characters from my troopers, so I know that gameplay-wise, I'm not really missing out since they are rather mediocre.
    It's just a collector's issue. And with the Liliths in the game, I'm a long way off from buying Bastion or Lady Whatshername with the precious frontier coins.

And GoTN, yeah, that has been my suspicion for long. Accounts are marked for certain characters to remain out of reach by tying the odds to accounts, and as I said: once you have a toon, the odds for getting the same toon as a dupe climb by a large amount.

Banned
    We have just a problem with our perception :-)

OS
    Android
    The next example of a weird coincidence ...

I mentioned it before - I got 4 or 5 Bastion in a row ...

At the last even the first 2 Legendary souls I got out of the altar -> 2 WUR ... coincidence my arse ...

The devs can tell what they want but I have no doubt the odds are rigged. There is a possibility that it's a bug or a caching issue but this is not normal.
    On the day you get your most wanted 5* character -> don't play the lottery! Your luck is exhausted.

OS
    iOS
    I hear ya. I've got the same problem with Eternity souls. I had to buy Wrath with Frontier coins. (That's why I put it in my sig.)

My first four Eternity draws were: Eddie, Belze, Eddie, Eddie.

It's crap you have to spend another in game resource to make up for the bullshit that is the RNG. Especially with "premium" souls. It honestly doens't bother me as much with regular souls, that is what it is, but man..there should be a different system for the "premium" souls. (Lilith, Trooper, Eternity, etc...)
    Zerynx-2164

Lost to Apathy - Retired

OS
    iOS
    So last night, to complete the daily challenge I tossed a Rare Sentinel Soul into the skull. Got a Corrupt Ox Cultist. Thought to myself, "isn't that available right now from the Heroic Soul? Interesting."

About a half hour later I decide to cash in my first heroic soul. Thought, "it'd be funny if I got a Ox Cultist."

Well of course I did.
    Zerynx-2164

Lost to Apathy - Retired

OS
    Android
    The good thing about trooper characters are that they are high value for sacrifice. So save them up for a high end Sac during the events.
    Reeb99-9320

Make the Angel of Fear great again!
    Restore the single target damage!
    No other character has been nerfed so many times!
    Many other characters do much higher damage, and have USEFUL passive skills!
    Why do you hate that character SO MUCH?

OS
    iOS
    I don’t know why I bother with the Arena with it’s RNG, especially against the top players.

The Devs don’t want me to be able to compete against them and RNG sure as hell doesn’t either.

They have top defences, made even harder by relics and then made even harder by RNG being against you.