I'm sure everyone who has been playing long enough has seen this, but this is one of the most severe issues with this game.
I opened my 6th trooper soul yesterday (yeah, been playing it slow on that front).
So far, the results are:
1. Trooper Eddie
2. Warlord
3. Warlord
4. Warlord
5. Warlord
6. Warlord

I know there is a tendency to get handed dupes, but this is getting ridiculous.
With 4 characters available from those souls (assuming for now that chance for all characters are equal, as stated in the book of souls info) the likelyhood for getting 5th warlords in a row is
0,25 * 0,25 * 0,25 * 0,25 * 0,25 = 0,0009765625%.
That is a likelyhood of 0,09765625 percent.
Seriously NF, you cannot tell me that there is no tampering going on with the RNG on soul drops.
If you care at all about long term players, you will need to change this. Everyday I see more and more veteran troopers dropping off because of RNG frustration. Would it really hurt you to make the drops fair?
You can always (and already do) create more toons to prevent the collectors from getting them all, but if they at least see a chance of getting the missing ones, they will keep collecting.
And yes, regarding the tooper souls, all characters can be bought with frontier coins, but is that really the idea behind the trooper souls? For me, at this point they are nothing more than a disappointment on opening and then one useless toon for sacrifice and 100 coins.