Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    OS
    Android

Yeah, that time has come. Ed. Out!

Sup all.

Yeah I know, another good bye thread...

But, that's the way it is, they are really getting what they want, the most proactive players are leaving or entering an hiatus state. And the big fish ones staying.

I was with this though of just letting it go for quite a while, and one of the most recent of Sparton_LOTB's post was the nail in the coffin for me.

This game helped me go through a LOT, something to keep me distracted, or awake on several nights at the hospital, helped me endure my 2nd Dad's cancer surgery (his fine btw, lost taste, smell and voice, but he is enduring), helped me go through the recent (3 weeks ago) loss of my second daughter (stillborn). And serveral other minor stuff, that I though was serious before my recent events, life is indeed a strange thing.

Anyway, why the hell I just shared all that with you all, first because sometimes is nice to just let it out of our chests, and second I feel home in this community, this forum holds by a really long far, the best game community I have been part of. I have nothing but respect for all here.

But as I said earlier, a particular Sparton_LOTB's reply got me thinking...

Specially this part: "Characters, not features, make the money".

This just felt like a punch at my face...

Ok I get it, IF the system worked as intended then this could at least be a fair and acceptable thing, but the way RNG works here is just BS, there is several posts regarding the strange behavior on souls, where you get the same toons one after another.

Fair RNG HUH!? (Link to one of the examples of how awesome the RNG is here).

And on Discord a friend just posted a picture with follow-ups Trickmasters showing up (repeated 4 Stars toons in a row, could've been Astra or any usefull char).

So that comment felt so wrong to me in so many ways it would take a long time just for me to express myself, so I prefer to just let it go.

And the Bugs...

OMG there is so many bugs, that you know, they don't even care about fixing then, Hell, they just released a "Immune to negative effects" Eddie that gets affected by HP decrease and Prisoner. that costs just $200, OK you get a bunch of other things on the deal, the value may be there, but honestly if you bought the packs was to get Alexander Eddie alone, the other stuff is there just so you can try and feel better about buying it.

And the reason behind those prices is: "but it's also pretty apparent when you look at other games with similar business models as ours."

Huh? Yeah, so you are just copying another company business model? Do you know that the good games, the ones that asks heavy money for some nonsense deals actually and at least have:
    Just to say a few...
    - Guilds.
    - Co-op Events.
    - Chat.
    - Real new content every 1 to 3 months.

But I get it... New content, and Bug fixing are not Characters right? and "Characters, not features, make the money".

Anyway, after a LOT and I mean A LOT of dedication from your players (or should I just call ourselves "beta-testers"), cause we provided a lot of data, suggestion and feedback that would put quite a few QC teams to shame.

And what do we get in return?

I mean I love this game, I'm a huge fan of the Band and of Eddie, and to be fair this game has an amazing art style and battle system (bugs aside).

But that's it, we players, love the game, but the company behind it??? LOL, we are just number$ for then after all.

Ok, I know, the post got longer, like much longer then intended, but don't worry PkFrog this one has a big chance of being the last one I start, maybe some replies to say hello to the people that made me stay this long.

Anyway, sorry about the really long post.

I bid farewell my friends, I will not remove anyone from my Troopers list, cause I do care about you all, and I just can't "delete" any of you from there, but feel free to replace me if you wish, I don't think I will have the will to even play my Troopers anymore.

And please, always remember: "Characters, not features, make the money."

... Commander Ed. Really Out!.
    New signature: Loading...

If anyone want to add me as a Trooper: Sponholz-2356

OS
    Android
    To all that read this, and to all of my Troopers. Respect!!!!

You, and you alone, made me endure all this time here.

You are all amazing players/persons that I few honored to maintain contact with.

If it wasn't for you all I woudn't be here this long.

UP THE IRONS!!!

OS
    Android
    And Kaz, Leviathan, Jerry, Sparton, I still think you all do an amazing job, and I wish that some other companies had a team like this to communicate with the players, I am pretty sure that you are all really awesome people outside the LOTB tag, that I would invite to a barbecue anytime.

Cheers, and UP THE IRONS!!!

OS
    Android
    While I certainly agree with you and many others and I believe that the game needs ALOT of work to bring us all back, I can't help but agree with Spartan in saying that the characters bring in the most money. If you think about it, all the biggest incomes they get are

a). New character souls
    b). In app purchases (talismans, random packs etc)

Literally everything else can be done for free, so there's not much room to make money here. Granted, the moves they have made in the last month and a half have been pretty outrageous, what with the Necro talismans, the beast, and now Alexander Eddie happening, but in time I think all 3 will be sorted out. Necro talismans will come in an arena event (likely a warrior themed event) the beast will have his own guaranteed soul through some means, and Alexander Eddie might even get a price cut, who knows?

I'm mostly in the same boat as everyone in that the current state of the game is terrible, but I can still see some logic behind a few of the recent decisions they've made. It's really shitty logic but it's still logical.

Literally the only thing that can save this game is new content being released.
    Fearless leader of the Jomsvikings

OS
    Android
    I told myself I woudn't reply anymore, but I feel like I must at least say something.

I don't mind, and I understand they make money out of the chars, but how come that:
    - If you sacrifice T1 and see a Rare soul, and then you immediately chain T1 sacs, you will get a LOT of Rare souls in sequence?
    - If you trow a bunch of souls at the Book, the chances for you to get several copies of the same toons in a row is just coincidence?
    - I have been waiting for the Prisoner for months, and when he appeared I got another one on the next few Souls, (Rare souls, not leg or myth). Again another coincidence?

As I told if the system really worked like advertised, then ok. But it just doesn't.

And I agree that in time I also think most issues will be, kinda, sorted out (hell time is the only medicine for a lot of stuff I went, am going, through on the past months, I am really beginning to understand the value of time), but you know what... I'm too damn tired of waiting for LotB stuff, Trooper was on the release trailer. We just recently got him.

I appreciate the reply Amarthir. I do take everyone's opinion into account.

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by Sponholz View Post
    And please, always remember: "Characters, not features, make the money."
    That's the bit that got me as well - because it basically says: Nothing will change!

And you are absolutely right that it's nuts to compare the business model to other games. In the big fish tank - this is a niche game and I can't see this being sustainable on the long run. I am a bit surprised they are still going to be honest. If you need to support your business on constant FOMO moments you will run out of frustrated players eventually (in a niche). And as Slauki noticed it seems like desperation mode is on because the "nagging for money events" are coming quicker ... I am not regretting the roughly 70 Euros I put in this game from start but I am also aware that the servers can be switched off any time. I really don't like all this "always online" nonsense these days.

Anyway - enough of the silly game ...

It seems like you went through a lot - but there is always sunshine after the rain. I wish you a few very sunny years!!! And I hope Brazil and Germany will meet very late in the world cup!
    On the day you get your most wanted 5* character -> don't play the lottery! Your luck is exhausted.

OS
    Android
    Oh man, I still can't believe you're leaving.

And even though I do not know much about your personal life, I imagine that LotB may have already helped you get distracted enough from these shitty things. It is always a relief to be able to count on a refuge to keep your head clear.

But then, you have here nothing more than a money-making machine with Maiden's name on the logo. I understand that this can not help anyone who has a similar situation when it comes to fun.

I've said that many times, not just here, maybe it was a bit rude, I believe that even had my posts deleted by NF supporters in some of these groups I attend, but the point is that this game is going in a direction that doesn't pleasing the players. At least the most active and engaged, I think.

This is not being done with LOVE. Love for the Iron, for the metal, for the fans, love to do something decent and deliver a good experience for your public, listening to their feedabacks, informing them correctly of what is happening, anyway...
    Do not cheat us with secret drops to force any fool spend your money (do you know how many games I can buy with the price of these packages?), not adding unnecessary things that harm most players, not putting characters and talismans pay-to-win (f***, no one likes that!!!), correcting the many bugs we have (why spend $200 on a game that does not even have a quality server?) and above all, making worth all the time, effort and investment we put here. It's no small thing, and we like to do it when there's a fair reward...

I will not end this post with a hopeful expectation. They can release all new content next week that damage has already been done. If we were given something better, we would still have our friends gmac, Ringe666, Jofer16, WulfJakal, and now you, just to name a few. I completely understand them!

RIP my LotB troopers...

No hope, no life, just pain and fear
    No food, no love, just greed is here
    Last edited by Kurzgesagt; 04-30-2018 at 04:30 PM.

OS
    iOS
    I am not a number....I’M A FREE MAN!!!

See you on the other side bud

https://youtu.be/q7umfjRfMhI
    MrFreeze-6530

OS
    Android
    Damn Sponholz. I am so sorry for your loss. My own child is only three weeks away from being due. I can only imagine....my deepest sympathies.

I must have missed that post about "Characters, not features, make the money". As true as it is, it sucks that they say that. It means we can wait many more months or even years before we see much. NC and SP? MAAAAYYYYBBEEE this year. Anything after that will probably take another two years. I've little hope left in this game.

Good luck to you, Sponholz, and I hope you have many brighter days ahead.

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by Sponholz View Post
    helped me endure my 2nd Dad's cancer surgery
    Guess I misplaced the 2nd there, was my Dad's 2nd cancer surgery.

I don't want to edit my main post, I want it to remain unedited to avoid anyone saying that I changed something here or there. so that's why any correction will come as replies.