Character Classes

There are 5 different classes in Legacy of the Beast: Warrior, Sentinel, Magus, Gunner and Assassin.

With Affinity Advantage, combat between the various classes is similar to rock, paper, scissors. If a class has an advantage over another class, they not only deal more damage, they also receive less damage when attacked from that class.

Warriors have the advantage over Sentinels, Sentinels have the advantage over Magus, and Magus have the advantage over Warriors. The other 2 classes, Assassins and Gunners, have the advantage over each other. If there is no affinity advantage, the classes are considered neutral.

Affinity is indicated in battle by the colour underneath the target enemy. Green means your character has the advantage, red means the selected enemy character has the advantage, and yellow is neutral.

If you're having a hard time beating a boss, note their class and see if you can make up a team of the class that has the advantage over the boss's class to do more damage and receive less damage in turn.

Question

do a character's stats depend on what class they are?
    i think warrior is more attack, sentinel more defense/ hp and magus more magic, but what about gunner and assassin???

Assassins do the most damage overall, because a lot of their skills scale off both attack and magic, but they are super squishy. Gunners are a wild card though. They can grow in many different ways. Just depends on the gunner.

Senior Member The Educated fool's Avatar
    OS
    Android
    Interesting... I hadn't really noted the colour system. Good to know!

I've been getting a lot of Two-Star duplicates and need to sell to clear my character inventory. Can someone tell me which 2 & 3 Star characters are worth hanging on to? Thanks!

I have been selling all duplicates and all 1-2 star non Eddie characters. I get enough 3 stars to keep me going, and I will eventually get 4-5 star characters I assume. It doesn't feel like it will be worth the investment to build up a 1-2 star, since I am already chronically low on money.

A lot of the 3-star soldiers and dogs are good, I feel. Especially the Allied Soldiers. Both the Blue and the Green one are pretty powerful all throughout the game.

Best two star so far would probably be the blue dog you start off with and the green ox cultist that has AOE heal.

I find the sentinel class the most balanced for beginners (all of us). It seems to me the devs thought ahead by not giving us any gunner or assassin characters until after the first 2 worlds on purpose. Those characters are strong but seem to be for far more advanced players. Warriors seem fairly balanced, but a lot of seem to lack attacks that hit multiple foes. Magic characters seem powerful but easy to kill.

OS
    Android
    Interesting... I hadn't really noted the colour system.

Best two star so far would probably be the blue dog you start off with and the green ox cultist that has AOE heal.