Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
    Banned
    Why is sentinel Lillith getting this at all? She is already strong enough without this.

OS
    Android
    "Well you get SOW for daily achievements.
    I start with 0.. do all the dailies and have 5 SOW I think. It never actually refills in 1 step from what I've seem. And it's on like a 49 minute clock."

Not to mention sacrificing 1* & 2* tunes has a good rate of dropping SoW, but anyway what's wrong with just using your ironite to get more SoW or SoT, your can't use it anywhere else?
    Out of the universe, a strange light is born
    Unholy union, trinity reformed....

Proud Member of the Jomsvikings Clan

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparton_LOTB View Post
    To be clear, it was tested (I looked up the task in our tracking system to confirm), it just appears that it was confirmed to exist as described, and it was just missed that this effect (which shouldn't even have a duration other than "infinite") had an incorrectly set duration in one part of the effect.

Sorry for my sloppiness here claiming it wasn't tested. I try again: One of the most important new features wasn't tested properly / thouroughly! Again:

- 1 fight to catch the bug
    - 1 fight to confirm
    On the day you get your most wanted 5* character -> don't play the lottery! Your luck is exhausted.

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by hold View Post
    Sorry for my sloppiness here claiming it wasn't tested. I try again: One of the most important new features wasn't tested properly / thouroughly! Again:

- 1 fight to catch the bug
    - 1 fight to confirm
    I think they maybe just check and test codes, not really run the game.

Quote Originally Posted by T-Man View Post
    Just noticed both SoW and SoT count down timers are gone. The ones that let you know when you will be awarded 1 sand. This is especially huge for arena strategy.

To clarify further - I have 8 SoW at the moment, I have no way to tell when I will be awarded a 9th. I have 90 mins to clear my list. Provided I don’t lose, will I get my 10 SoW before my list resets? Know way to know now. I’m inclined to reset my list to make sure I have time and sands to clear it.
    I've passed that along to the team to investigate.

To clarify, Sands of Time replenish one unit every 5 minutes, and Sands of War replenish one unit every 60 minutes.

OS
    iOS
    Does anyone know what type the Titan Talismans in the store will yield?
    None of the single purchase talismans have a type listed. They usually indicate what type is in the store.

OS
    Android
    Now if you want good things you must pay at insane mount...it is the end of the game
    New talismans all must be paid, you want cyborg impossible in that event or VH in the next without money ridiculous...stuck at 50/200 if you did event without money
    I play all troopers all days.

Quote Originally Posted by Sparton_LOTB View Post
    To be clear, it was tested (I looked up the task in our tracking system to confirm), it just appears that it was confirmed to exist as described, and it was just missed that this effect (which shouldn't even have a duration other than "infinite") had an incorrectly set duration in one part of the effect.

Because it is a passive effect, the duration of it is not actually visible in-game, even though it, like basically every other gameplay effect, has a "Status Duration" field. In fact, every "effect" in combat (not just status effect, but thing like damage, healing, situational immunity, etc) all have over a dozen different fields, and any one of those set incorrectly can cause a bug of some kind which is a complete black box to you as players in the same way it's a black box to our testers. Because of the nature of how the data is constructed, it can't not have a duration set (the game would barf thinking the data was invalid), and because the data can also be in a place where the way something needs to function has nested effects (ie an effect pointing to another effect), it's sometimes necessary for a top-level effect to have a duration of 1 if it's sub-effects have the infinite duration. I couldn't even tell you the total amount of fields that need to be set exactly right to ensure that one Spiral Path passive functions currently, other than it being well over 100 different values (a top-level effect pointing to 3 sub-effects, with each sub-effect of those pointing to 2-3 other sub effects, with a minimum of 57 fields per effect/sub-effect).

Basically, that the bug we missed is one of hundreds of possible ways that one effect could have not functioned completely correctly. We cannot practically check every possible field's results (especially when it's not something our QA can even see directly) after accounting how many other tuning changes can go live in an update, and after accounting for all of the other feature and bug fix testing that needs to happen.

All that said, while we'll never be able to be perfect in catching stuff like this, we will review our testing process for tuning changes like this to better guard against it happening again.
    Excuses excuses excuses...
    You have just almost precisely specified the number and positions of lines in the code that need to be correct for a skill to work...so it’s possible.

So basically the person creating the skill would just have to exactly follow a linear (and probably for most cases a stereotypical) “cascade” or “branching” of the code and ensure the value was added everywhere...or possibly just creating a script which would check that automatically. (fe: yellow skill=1 -> go check there and there). it’s not IMPOSSIBLE to get it right and it’s not a subject to some RNG....

and first of all- QA would have to understand how things work....

OS
    Android
    Didn't have the time to test most of the new additions, but I really like the "new" Trooper Eddie; I've just sharded him the other week and it seems that it was a good idea.

The new Sentinel Lilith passive is also an interesing addition, if it's gonna work as supposed, a team with her and other key allies, would be pretty hard to eliminate.

What I don't like, is the fact that the game now freezes when I turn auto-play in Arena matches; last case: only Visions remained => put the game on auto, as it was a guranteed 100% win => game freezes with Visions at 5% health => guaranteed lose => win streaks lost.
    I wish for a talisman type converter

OS
    Android
    Did auto replay disappear for anyone else trying to run powerslave and lord of light and don’t see it