Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    OS
    Android

Alternative soundtracks for playing - what works and what doesn't

So I get bored very quickly listening to the same song over and over; this has led me to turn the music off on the game after playing through each new level a couple of times and have a different soundtrack on. Obviously my Maiden playlist has heavy rotation when I'm playing this game, but I need variety, so I regularly listen to other stuff as well.

Today I had my "classic rock" spotify playlist on.
    What works: Out in the Fields by Gary Moore is great for farming battlefield madness
    What doesn't work: My Melancholy Blues by Queen is not great for this game at all

I'm curious if this is something other people do too?

OS
    iOS
    I usually remove the songs and put my top 50 songs playlist on shuffle and whatever it plays i listen to, even if it is wings of destiny which sometimes gets me sleepy, great way to change the mood though, or i sometimes start the first song on the list which i think is hallowed be thy name, till i reach the end which is i think live and learn by crush 40

OS
    iOS
    Quote Originally Posted by Jennie-5128 View Post
    What doesn't work: My Melancholy Blues by Queen is not great for this game at all
    HAHA I love that song, along with anything by Queen. But I can see where that would not put you in the mood to watch Eddie bash heads with his opponents.

Unfortunately I mostly play when it's slow at work and therefore don't have the option to listen to anything at all.

But speaking of Queen, I bet the album Sheer Heart Attack would have some good tracks for playing this game. Brighton Rock, Now I'm Here and Stone Cold Crazy come to mind. And the song Sheer Heart Attack from News of the World album would rock out too
    Bryan-3528

"Was many years ago that I left home and came this way, I was a young man, full of hopes and dreams"

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by Bryan-3528 View Post
    HAHA I love that song, along with anything by Queen. But I can see where that would not put you in the mood to watch Eddie bash heads with his opponents.

But speaking of Queen, I bet the album Sheer Heart Attack would have some good tracks for playing this game. Brighton Rock, Now I'm Here and Stone Cold Crazy come to mind. And the song Sheer Heart Attack from News of the World album would rock out too
    Yes to all of those - Sheer Heart Attack was the first album I bought with my own money, on cassette from the local market. I played it till the tape literally wore through...

Now playing: Bruce's solo opus The King in Crimson. I think that'd work well on Ailing Kingdom levels

Nekro: my Top Songs Ever playlist on spotify is almost 500 songs, and goes from Five Finger Death Punch to Tom Lehrer, and I have 59 other playlists. I don't think I could pick a top 50 - but to be fair if I did Hallowed Be Thy Name would almost certainly be in there

ETA: Ha! Over and Over by Hot Chip just came on

"Over and over and over and over and over,
    Like a monkey with a miniature cymbal,
    The joy of repetition really is in you..."

Excellent song for the daily grind...
    Last edited by Jennie-5128; 08-22-2016 at 02:32 PM. Reason: further and better particulars

OS
    iOS
    Sheer Heart Attack was the first album I bought with my own money, on cassette from the local market. I played it till the tape literally wore through...
    100% irrefutable proof that Jennie is cooler than me.

my first album (also on cassette) that I bought with my own money was the soundtrack to the original Ghostbusters movie.

I can't believe I just admitted to that.

Bryan-3528

"Was many years ago that I left home and came this way, I was a young man, full of hopes and dreams"

OS
    Android
    Awwwwww bless! Bryan that's so sweet!

I was 7 when I bought Sheer Heart Attack - my older brother had given me a Sony Walkman for my 7th birthday & my (slightly less well off) other brother got me The Works & a MASSIVE poster of Freddie Mercury. I was a tiny Queen fan

Not much later my cousin did me a tape that had Iron Maiden on one side & Powerslave on the other

So when my Godmother bought me a Jason Donovan album a couple of years later I was REALLY glad she included the reciept in case he wasn't to my taste. THAT got swapped for the Seventh Son picture disc, which is still one of my fave things in my record collection

OS
    iOS
    ahhh yes, the sony walkman--talk about bringing back fond memories.

In 1986 i spent half school year with my sony walkman in my inside jean jacket pocket and the ear phone run up my sleave so i could lean onto my hand over my ear and listen to Bon Jovi Slippery when wet (the 2nd cassette I bought with my own money) while in class, and not have the teacher notice what i was doing.

Then a classmate lent me a copy of Somewhere in Time...and the rest as they say is history.
    Bryan-3528

OS
    iOS
    Ha! My 1st 7" was "Iron Man" by Sabbath and my 1st 3 cassettes (can't remember the order) were "Don't Say No" by Bill Squire, "Cargo" by Men at Work and Queen's Greatest Hits.

OS
    Android
    My first 7" was poison by Alice Cooper, but I had a fair collection of cassettes & albums on 12" by then

OS
    iOS
    My first 7" was poison by Alice Cooper, but I had a fair collection of cassettes & albums on 12" by then
    Poison is a great song! BTW: Bring it back to Maiden -Cooper was still fantastic at his age when he opened for Maiden on their 7th Son history tour a few years ago!!