Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Last Plea

OS
    Android

Last Plea

Dear NF;

This game was incredible when I started playing, because I got to play as Eddie. What a perfect embodiment of the music we love and grew up on, all wrapped neatly into a game that was actually a lot of fun to play. I got my PDK and finally a 5* Ed - Shaman. And they carried me through most of the campaign as I explored the 'story' based on the music.

Then came the Immortal Event. The famous one, not this new one. I landed 5 Eddies (3 new) and it was thrilling. I spent plenty of real money after that - and that was because I was thankful for getting them, and I was happy with the game so why not pay to keep a good thing going? That was my thinking, at least. A happy player spends money. That event may have been seen by you guys as 'giving away too much' but it was that giving that made me want to give. It made me invest in the game, emotionally and financially.

Maybe that event was a mistake in your eyes, but I can guarantee it was responsible for a lot of your business, and the reason so many people stuck around for so long. It's that aspect - the resilience it built in your player base - that you may not see on paper, but it shouldn't be discounted. With this latest event, it seems like that aspect was sorely overlooked. And you're not the first to do it - companies do it all the time. They forget that you need to put your players first when you want them to stick around. They go in thinking "What can we do to make them spend more" instead of thinking "A player that plans to play for another year is more likely to invest in the game." When you're in a meeting and you guys are saying "But if we give them too much they'll lose interest" - that's wrong. When you reward your players, you get a happy player base that is more willing to deal with the bugs, and the delays in new content. I know this, because after last year's Immortal event you guys could do no wrong in my eyes for months. I bought that Anniversary soul - like many people - and I wasn't even bothered when I got a dupe with it. And I know this because all of the guys that are planning to leave would have never thought of it this time last year. The future was bright at the time.

Somehow, that notion got lost and became a chase for the whales. And I get that the whales dropping hundreds are where the profit is at. But you're forgetting the key to all of it - player happiness. Constantly pissing off your player base does not open wallets, even for those chasing down that last Eddie. They've gotten wise to RNG, from one too many 10-packs of event souls that dropped nothing but 3* aggravation. There is now a constant sense of disappointment which is the exact opposite of what you want when building a game.

This is what you want. You want a happy player base that is excited to open the game each day. You want players to be craving more, but out of resources - not gambling away on the RNG slot machine, getting frustrated and cursing your name. You want players to have a brotherhood that they feel connected to and don't want to let down (guilds) - one that works together, not one that discusses why they're still around and debates hitting send on that "Going Casual" post. You want players that champion your game... like we did after last year's proper Immortal event.

The answer is simple - put your players first. When you put out a statement that says "maybe even better" we naturally think that means it might be better for US, the PLAYERS. That's what it should be. We should have had the same exact drop rates as last year. Better would mean the additional 500 achievement like you did. But you didn't put your players first. It's clear with every slap in the face like this.

Will you get it right before we're all gone?
    This is what not to do if your bird shits on you.

OS
    Android
    they don't understand anything, perhaps when all players will leave but it will be to late.
    No reflection in that company, a disaster for the game
    I play all troopers all days.

OS
    iOS
    Thx Mariner look like we had the same feelings at the same time...
    All Eddies Collected and Maxed

Up the Irons Blood Brothers

Follow me on instagram for my concert pictures: http://instagram.com/beattheriff

Visit my concerts photography Facebook Store on: https://www.facebook.com/pg/beattheriff/shop/

OS
    iOS
    This is the case of, the devs don’t care about the players only the money. They must have taken a page from EA 😂
    Current 5* Eddies:

Run to the Hills - Shaman - Trooper - Samurai

Piece of Mind - Fear of the Dark - Mummy

Grim Reaper - Carriage Rider - Edward the Great - Speed of Light

Cyborg - Navigator - Tailgunner

Iron - Eternity - Storm

OS
    Android
    Well said Mariner. I downloaded MSF last night and trying it out as I was just so disgusted with the immortal event. Dupe Eddie from the challenge awards and no desire to spend the ironite for another 300 battles to get enough frags for a second dupe. Only one Eddie I need from the list, so odds are too poor.

The big question for at least a few of us now, is about the extreme difficulty event. Will it be the long awaited Guantlet? I'm sure that's what most are hoping for. Or, will it be stupid challenges in BNW that force us to grind with sub-optimum teams. I'm sure that will go over quite well with a player base that is already feeling burned by the Blight of the Immortal event.

OS
    iOS
    It has not dawned on NF yet that they need to make characters easy to achieve, then run events for power ups (relics, iron coins, frontier coins, skill shards, evo stones/runes, etc). Characters keep players satisfied... power ups keep them invested and spending.

More people would spend $5 for a talisman pack, or 10 skill shards, for a new Eddie, if they actually GOT the new Eddie after 100 fragments. Fewer people are going to spend $49 or $99 to acquire a new Eddie which may be generally less useful (Ed the Great, Hallowed Ed, Mystic Ed, etc.). There's no way of any player knowing a new character is worthwhile until someone has it or they have it. So NF is asking players to invest based upon speculation. That's just a bad business model.
    -----------------------------
    CLANLESS
    All there is in this app is to spend money or collect yet more frags... entirely pointless and unfulfilling..

OS
    Android
    Perfectly said...
    Out of the universe, a strange light is born
    Unholy union, trinity reformed....

Proud Member of the Jomsvikings Clan

OS
    Android
    The silence from the devs is deafening. They haven't logged onto the forum since Saturday. No sign of them this morning either.

My fear is the "extreme difficulty" event WILL evolve BNW as a way for players to again burn resources for Hero souls possibly. I think those that are hoping for Gauntlet will be disappointed. Has it even gone to beta yet?
    kkkreg5-6767

_________| CLAN |_________

👹 The Mofo Cult 👹

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by kkkreg5 View Post
    The silence from the devs is deafening. They haven't logged onto the forum since Saturday. No sign of them this morning either.

My fear is the "extreme difficulty" event WILL evolve BNW as a way for players to again burn resources for Hero souls possibly. I think those that are hoping for Gauntlet will be disappointed. Has it even gone to beta yet?
    Today is Victoria Day in Canada. The TSX stock martket is closed so I don't know how much this will effect the staff in Vancouver.

OS
    iOS
    Quote Originally Posted by kkkreg5 View Post
    I think those that are hoping for Gauntlet will be disappointed. Has it even gone to beta yet?
    From what I saw of that leak last week. It was decent.. more like PvP with better rewards and less monotony. But it was clearly unfinished then... so....
    CLANLESS
    All there is in this app is to spend money or collect yet more frags... entirely pointless and unfulfilling..