Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    OS
    iOS

The nail in the coffin... State of the Union Players Side

Hi Troopers, Devs,

Following the recent events and feedback on both the Forums and the Facebook page, I think it is time for things to drastically change to avoid a dead end that nobody really wants.

The level of disappointment amongst players has never been so high and it is a real shame as potential is clearly there but it seems that the big difference in the last couple of months is that this frustration is now also shared by NF.

In a recent post, Sparton clearly let his frustration out and exposed the current direction the game is taking: “characters not content generates revenue”.

This I believe is the root cause of all our woes as the constant introduction of new (very often useless) toons can only make those key toons harder to get and take the excitement of opening souls away.

Although Heroic souls are getting in the right direction they are very periodic and it may tels months for some players to see the toon they really need.

In my view the issue is that Legendary Souls often results in Massive Disapointment with characters that are anything but Legendary and that common souls are rendered useless by the sheer number of possibilities of anything but what you want. But the real problem are event souls, they are populated with toons nobody cares about and say one thing: “players, we do not give a damn about the time and money you invest in the game”... the solution I proposed earlier this week seems to be the only valid one here as it will both reward users with the highlighted toon and reward NF with revenue.

Basically each Event Soul opened gives a fragment of the highlighted character and a maximum of 50 opened Event Souls will therefore reward that highlighted toon. More than fair I would say... with this scheme more players will actually be pushing the 4000 ironites purchased button after not getting the highlighted toon through the 10 earnable Event Souls from challenges. Without this, the game will die...

To me the nail in the coffin is the current Immortal Event which should have been the biggest thing of the Year to date and was clearly designed to limit the number of rewards to 2 for most players unlike last year where most players got 4 or 5 and actually spent to reach those levels. This year, most people gave up just by reading the announcement of the event... I am not saying this as a personal rant as I have all the Eddies in the game, I am concerned that short term revenue chase will lead players away and ultimately destroy a game we love and for which we devoted a lot time, money and passion.

Please please please be considerate about the time we all invest and let the players be rewarded. Rewards will pay off way more than frustration for NF and the band as well.

I would challenge Sparton’s comment on Characters Vs Content as well. This is true short term and we are reaching the end of “short term”. Even the most dedicated and stubborn players like me are getting tired of the endless grinding, we need to discover (new Worlds) or compete (PvP or Gauntlet) not grind. This is why unlike many I find relics very good, it gives us something else to fight for and be competitive, the gap is normal, what has to be balanced are the rewards for each tier.

Another point is please do not over evaluate your payable rewards and under evaluate the compensation you give, this clearly gives out a “we could not care less message”. Most of us could not play at all on the first 30 hours of the Immortal Event as the servers were clearly failing, no acknowledgement, no apologies, probably no compensations but most importantly if there is a compensation, make it an Immortal Soul, not 150 Ironite, as this extremely low amount compared to the high amount you charge for things is insulting. People saved us, anticipated, anxiously waited for this event and got nothing because the servers were down, the drop rates were beyond stupid and the grinding requirements beyond exaggerated...

All in all, we are Iron Maiden’s fans and the game should not be a cash grab but a reward which makes a bit of money for the band. Right now it seems like a Iron Maiden’s game with a Justin Bieber business model...

Please, please, please listen for once, there is still time to change...

And please respond as well to some of our questions such as when and how are Souls decided. To ignore us on this is also insulting...
    Last edited by Patrice-1201; 05-21-2018 at 02:33 PM.
    All Eddies Collected and Maxed

Up the Irons Blood Brothers

Follow me on instagram for my concert pictures: http://instagram.com/beattheriff

Visit my concerts photography Facebook Store on: https://www.facebook.com/pg/beattheriff/shop/

OS
    iOS
    Troopers feel free to add your own views ;-)

Follow me on instagram for my concert pictures: http://instagram.com/beattheriff

Visit my concerts photography Facebook Store on: https://www.facebook.com/pg/beattheriff/shop/

OS
    Android
    perhaps they will understand that time or not....
    I play all troopers all days.

OS
    Android
    i like the idea, but it's too late if you ask me. maybe a new generation of players could profit from it. but i'm not sure if a new generation exists...

don't be a mofo and join the mofos.

if you are interested in joining one of the top 5 clans in lotb, contact me and we can start the negotiation. we are full atm but we can put you on the mofo list if you like.

OS
    Android
    I'm in agreement I've said it myself in plenty of rants, I think for me I'll just plod along for a while doing the daily grind and see what comes of it, spending a little to no dollars.
    The regular forum users here seem to me to be the eppitamy of what the game is all about, going that one step further than just playing the game we take the time to communicate with one another, something that is sadly lacking on NF's part.

A bit of up front honesty is what's required, communication, feedback etc...
    It used to happen, not so much now though, and isn't that the whole idea of forums? So NF gets some feedback on how the customers are feeling about the game.
    Most of the posts are about being ripped off, dupes, RNG, it should be a bunch of happy users having some friendly banter about how they smashed some team, or got their asses handed to them, how to better equip this toon or a strategy on how to handle that quest etc.
    Has anyone got Steve, Bruce, Nicko, etc's mobile number? Give 'em a call and let them know what their patrons are doing to their investment!
    Enough said.. on my part..
    Out of the universe, a strange light is born
    Unholy union, trinity reformed....

Proud Member of the Jomsvikings Clan

OS
    Android
    I play as a habit and not out of joy ...

From what I can see the last straw is the Legacy of the tour and if after that one the business point of view fails they close the doors. OK, I am a long term player but if I manage with no effort (no recharges) to be within the top 50 of PvP what does that tell you about how many players do give a shit about PvP (or the slot machine)?

I said it before and say it again: This game is doomed ... unfortunately it's not an offline game - so when they close the doors the game is most likely gone as well. But I am already psychologically prepared for that moment ...
    On the day you get your most wanted 5* character -> don't play the lottery! Your luck is exhausted.

OS
    iOS
    One of the last things holding people to the game, is not something of NFs doing. It’s the great community that a lot of cool people built together out of a love for a band first, and a fun game second. Most of those people have tried ridiculously hard to help NF make a product that we can all love. With most of these things, they’ve either delayed, or ignored what might have been best. One too many bad decisions have been made. I don’t see this changing unfortunately.

And all this makes me sad. I’m not mad. Just sad about it. How much fun would it have been to take eddie on raids with your guild members, to climb the ladder with all those characters we maxed out, etc. nothings going to change as long as NF runs the game. I’ve seen what NF/RH was capable of for the last two years, and sadly I’m not impressed.

Prove me wrong NF. Give me a reason to return to this game!
    MrFreeze-6530

OS
    iOS
    I’d actually take them shutting the doors with a sigh of gratitude. I’ve stayed this long for the Eddies, artwork, what have you. Tired of getting robbed though, and no desire to pull my wallet out for more disappointment. Hopefully once this game shits out Eddie will return in some new digital form. Just hope it’s by a company that realizes happy customers are paying customers.
    Saigrim-3244

Order of Eld Clan, One Member of Many

OS
    iOS
    And still no answers from the devs...

OS
    iOS
    Lol these imbeciles can’t even fix there server