Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    OS
    Android

Devs - Dead forum and dead game...?

Pretty much every time I come on forums now (which is a whole lot less than before...) it says about 25 people viewing. When I first joined it was always a ton of people.

If the game keeps heading in this direction, no one will be online. Here are you obvious issues:

Constant events while seemingly ignoring issues
    Constant crashes and odd character bugs
    •Every couple months when there is a list of bug fixes there comes a few more bugs
    No new game content - We've been waiting for night city since the beginning. Why in the hell do you advertise something if you're going to completely avoid it for years?
    And then later (Before the advertised "Coming soon" world is released) on you add in another teaser most of us won't see before we give up hope and quit... The silent planet.

The point of this post is that you guys seriously need to step up before you lose your jobs. We're tired of the game not working. We're tired of the same levels over and over and over. We're tired of endless events (It would be fine if those aspects of the game actually worked correctly).

Fix the bugs, and then release the new content. I guarantee your player base will increase and current players online time will increase.
    Playing since the beginning, and I still DO NOT have these eddies:
    Cyborg
    Shaman
    VHE
    Navigator
    Tailgunner
    Hollowed

Current champ: Trooper.
    Brewtus-1572

OS
    Android
    For once I actually agree with this post. The last update was a decent update despite not really having any "new" content. But talking about future content when in reality it's still months away is kind of upsetting.

The forum is a ghost town these days, I try to keep things going sometimes but yeah seeing only a couple members active most of the time is really depressing when you look back at how things used to be before.

I was hoping someone like Leviathan or someone would make a post about their plans for 2018 like how they did last year but no dice apparently. That doesn't exactly inspire confidence to keep playing.

I still support these monthly events, but so far, the events themselves have just been boring. I mean they're more or less the same thing now.

Sacrifice event, get a Tier 6 or above and you'll get 5 bonus souls for whatever the hell is new at the time.

Arena event, win 300 fights and you'll get decent rewards among working toward a new character you'll never need.

Book of souls legendary event, rare souls give you legendary fragments and the quantity is doubled in the store yet nobody seems to think that increasing the chances of a higher star character would actually make this a good event.

Lord of Light event, grind away for a guaranteed 4* dupe. Recently they've been giving away exclusive characters and doubling the rare soul drop rates (although I'd never call the Sentinel CR useful, and 0.1 times 2 is still just 0.2)

My real wish right now is just some insight on what the devs have in mind for the future of the game. What should we expect to see outside of Night City and the Silent Planet???
    Fearless leader of the Jomsvikings

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by Amarthir View Post
    For once I actually agree with this post. The last update was a decent update despite not really having any "new" content. But talking about future content when in reality it's still months away is kind of upsetting.

The forum is a ghost town these days, I try to keep things going sometimes but yeah seeing only a couple members active most of the time is really depressing when you look back at how things used to be before.

I was hoping someone like Leviathan or someone would make a post about their plans for 2018 like how they did last year but no dice apparently. That doesn't exactly inspire confidence to keep playing.

I still support these monthly events, but so far, the events themselves have just been boring. I mean they're more or less the same thing now.

Sacrifice event, get a Tier 6 or above and you'll get 5 bonus souls for whatever the hell is new at the time.

Arena event, win 300 fights and you'll get decent rewards among working toward a new character you'll never need.

Book of souls legendary event, rare souls give you legendary fragments and the quantity is doubled in the store yet nobody seems to think that increasing the chances of a higher star character would actually make this a good event.

Lord of Light event, grind away for a guaranteed 4* dupe. Recently they've been giving away exclusive characters and doubling the rare soul drop rates (although I'd never call the Sentinel CR useful, and 0.1 times 2 is still just 0.2)

My real wish right now is just some insight on what the devs have in mind for the future of the game. What should we expect to see outside of Night City and the Silent Planet???
    And what's the point of any of it?
    •Sacrifice a tier 6 - that takes for freaking ever to save up enough essence for any casual player, or an unlucky player (99.9999% of us). Do they expect us to just save every good dupe for the next sac event??
    •PvP... bugs galore. Hardly any character works how it's supposed to.
    •Legendary fragments - yeah usually useless since we all get nonstop dupes. Also, same issue - hardly ever any luck on even getting rare souls unless you pay for them.
    •Lord of light - this is the one area that seems to work OK most of the time, and it's easy. But once again, the chances of a rare soul are still extremely low. And, LoL is kinda boring.

All any of this says to me is "Grind you freaking sheep". None of it is "Thanks for playing our game".
    Last edited by Dank Brew; 01-09-2018 at 08:34 PM.
    Playing since the beginning, and I still DO NOT have these eddies:
    Cyborg
    Shaman
    VHE
    Navigator
    Tailgunner
    Hollowed

Current champ: Trooper.
    Brewtus-1572

OS
    Android
    Sup all!

I always try to be constructive on my posts here on the forums.

I really like this game, despite all the WTFJHTMT-Bugs, (What The F*** Just Happened To My Team Bugs) where, the games behave on a pattern that is actually impossible for you to win any game.
    - Astra still stunning my hole team while at the effect of accuracy down debuff.
    - Multiple turns with AoF.
    - "Gain extra turns" effects from chars that have then triggering until your team is dead. (Crimson Dog, Grim Reaper Eddie and all the others that have natively this effect).
    - Effects that even with 100% chance, fails.
    - Priority at end of turn, ok this one is a little tricky but happens a lot, suppose one of your chars have Immunity on the last count of the effect, about to expire when the defense team turn ends. Astra as the last attacker from defense, still manages to stun you, because the end-of-turn effects all happens all at once, when the last attacker of the turn do any action. In this example, Astra removes the debuff, but the effect at the same time expires and the stun connects cause you no longer have Immunity, where the correct way is: even is she removes the Immunity buff, you don't get stunned). An easy way to see this in action is, go against any team that have VHE and see if you manage to time when the enemy bar fully completes just after you make the last action of your turn, IF VHE is the first to act on the defense team, he will almost every time DON'T use his Fury, just because the end-of-turn-all-at-once-triggers, he will already have triggered an ability prior to the fury bar filling (I know this is a little complicated to understand).

One other thing I would like to know, questions to players and devs, how does Accuracy buff works in reality?

Is it additive or multiplicative?

Additive example:
    Skill with 75% chance, with accuracy buff up, should have a 100% chance to trigger. (0.75+0.25=1)

Multiplicative example:
    Skill with 75% chance, with accuracy buff up, should have a 93.75% chance to trigger. (0.75+[0.75x0.25]=0.9375)

Depending whenever it is additive or multiplicative, its a HUGE difference.

Lets take a lower skill chance as example:

A 35% chance, additive would be: 60%, multiplicative would be: 43.75%

Anyway, despite all the above issues, bugs, and doubts, I still like this game quite a lot to be honest.

Even when new content is released, it will become old in a couple of weeks/months, what really bothers me is, the insanely low chance of some chars, and the major bugs staying forever.

Look I know NF is not a big game studio like Square-Enix, EA, Activision or whatever, they need the events to generate some revenue, but sometimes you need to stop things to fix things, you will never fix a car if the car is at 100m/h on a NASCAR track.

And Devs please take note that this game have a LOT of areas to be explored, not only new chars and low chances on souls (so you buy more Ironite to spend on souls), If I knew I would have a real bigger chance to farm what I wanted in this game I would gladly spend more money to do it.

I do like the events, I personally don't mind the grind (even tho, some events are just a pain to complete). But overall I like the Events.

Well sorry for the wall of text, but as I told I really try to be constructive on my posts, and try to report something that could be used by the devs.

Cheers!!! Ed.
    Last edited by Sponholz; 01-09-2018 at 09:20 PM.
    New signature: Loading...

If anyone want to add me as a Trooper: Sponholz-2356

OS
    iOS
    Perfect summary my friends. Hope the devs will read and listen. Even I gave up writing similar posts... please bring motivation back.
    All Eddies Collected and Maxed

Up the Irons Blood Brothers

Follow me on instagram for my concert pictures: http://instagram.com/beattheriff

Visit my concerts photography Facebook Store on: https://www.facebook.com/pg/beattheriff/shop/

OS
    Android
    It is quite clear that many players are waiting for something to look forward to in lotb. I personally enjoy the events, but it is good to have something to look forward like a new game mode, new maps, etc. One way i also understand that they try to keep the upcoming things in a secret for the sake of sales promotions, but at least even a little piece of info about the future will be appreciated i guess. I believe devs are reading here and hopefully we will hear something from them soon.
    "Into the Abyss I'll fall - the eye of Horus - Into the eyes of the night, watching me go..
    Green is the cat's eye that glows, in this temple.. Enter the risen Osiris! Risen again!"

Lyrics: Iron Maiden - Powerslave

OS
    iOS
    Albert Einstein said the definition of insanity is doing something over and over again and expecting a different result.

We're all f'in nuts.....

The game is pointless until Night City/Secret Planet open..... The "Events" should be reserved for year end.. like a Christmas event every year.. maybe a summer event as well... but every month is silly and distracts development away from ACTUAL game progression.
    -----------------------------
    CLANLESS
    All there is in this app is to spend money or collect yet more frags... entirely pointless and unfulfilling..

OS
    Android
    I agree, osiris. I think it's a delicate balancing act between maintaining the element of surprise, yet also creating anticipation among the players.

The 2017 State of the Nation post was awesome last year. Hopefully, we get one this year, too.

And, the monthly event calendars are great, along with various informal teasers we sometimes see in dev posts here (e.g., "unannounced game mode" that truly does seem to be right around the corner).
    druid138-6195
    Sunrise Senjutsu Eddie
    Pity me none
    at the gates of our hell

OS
    iOS
    Sadly, I think the game has been dying a slow death for a long time. It’d be interesting to see the data on the number of active players over the past year and a half.

In my opinion it’s because of the pace. It takes way too long for anything to get done. I’m not complaining here, it’s just the way it is. Bugs take forever to fix. New content takes forever. Night City... if it’s taking this long for one new cosmos level, I have no hope left that the story will continue any time soon after that.

Thanks to smart phones and the internet, people want instant gratification these days, and lots of it. This game is advancing at the pace of old console games and their sequels. Final Fantasy 8,9 and 10, were all released within a year of each other. We can’t even get one new story level in the same amount of time.

Edit: unfortunately, the one thing we’ve seen an abundance of, is pointless character tuning. We sit around playing the same level over and over, while someone’s getting paid to adjust the rock golem. Pointless.
    Last edited by MrFreeze; 01-10-2018 at 12:03 AM.
    MrFreeze-6530

OS
    iOS
    and just to add to what has been said already...

If you are going to release new toons to hold us over, please make them worth it.