Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    OS
    iOS
    Not sure I have the time so not too bothered with this one as would likely need to do it manually to maximise effect of what is required for each challenge. I have force already and one set not even used, ever. the new blue ones look fine but not sure I can be bothered with them either. As I have little interest in hitting the heights in PVP I cant see why any of these new sets are of any uses as no one needs any of them in PVE or anywhere else other than PVP?

Just too much time required to even attempt all of them - I may have a go at the easier ones for the souls but not going to town at all on this one. As others have said most of these are easy but they are time consuming - some are harder for sure like the same class stuff but pretty sure thay can be done bu most end gamers - but again just so much time (and ironite) required for not a great deal back - though you may get other talisman as well, like that standard ones that drop in each arena? Not sure on that but I suppose that might be a lure. I have enough upgrade stuff to sink a battleship so not needing to boost resources either.

Been a pretty lame kind of month for events - that last one was OK I suppose but only becuase I was due a LOL run in gunner and assassin to get some upgrade stuff.

I feel a bit for NF - they are not winning many friends this month I dont think - they must be trying to make it all work but so many folk are annoyed with crashes and poor events....this fourm and the various facebook pages are not saying very much positive at all......cant be good for the devs to stick up a facebook post about the current event and nearly every single reply is negative and at times very negaitive (i.e. lots of bad language)...I do wish folk could get the message over without being so angry a use language that is not needed...we can at least be civil.......maybe I am too the other way though! Could be being old(er)(like I am)!!

My view is if you dont like the event just leave it and move on. If the game is really peeing you off then leave it for a while....life is way too short for stress/anger about a mobile game.....a kind of simplistic view but the facebook tirades are just a bit over the top in my view. Just dont do the event folks - what are you missing in the end...a life changing something or other, talisman that make little or no difference to day to day play or in fact help you win a single 'extra' game in PVP over what you would normally win....

Anyway, lets try not to get too down on it folks! I am not trying to dis anyone at all and I really want this game to work as Maiden will always be my fave band of all time - that for me is the main thing here and the reason I play the game (though addiction does not help - my wife does shake her head at me regularly - the kids not so much as they play a little too - but I do get my wife at time as most free minutes are spent farming.....auto has been a major improvement as i can now tell her I am not actally playing - the phone is.....seem to stave her off for a while!

Put on some Maiden and play it loud - always puts a smile on my face anyway!
    Last edited by scott-5496; 05-22-2018 at 11:03 AM.
    "We oil the jaws of the war machine and feed it with our babies" - Two Minutes to Midnight - Powerslave

scott-5496

OS
    Android
    Personally I don’t see this as a bad event but I am so demotivated by this game I am not even going to bother.

There is a lot of negativity lately and it’s better served by being civil or just leaving, when enough leave they will get the point.

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by scott-5496 View Post
    Not sure I have the time so not too bothered with this one as would likely need to do it manually to maximise effect of what is required for each challenge. I have force already and one set not even used, ever. the new blue ones look fine but not sure I can be bothered with them either. As I have little interest in hitting the heights in PVP I cant see why any of these new sets are of any uses as no one needs any of them in PVE or anywhere else other than PVP?

Just too much time required to even attempt all of them - I may have a go at the easier ones for the souls but not going to town at all on this one. As others have said most of these are easy but they are time consuming - some are harder for sure like the same class stuff but pretty sure thay can be done bu most end gamers - but again just so much time (and ironite) required for not a great deal back - though you may get other talisman as well, like that standard ones that drop in each arena? Not sure on that but I suppose that might be a lure. I have enough upgrade stuff to sink a battleship so not needing to boost resources either.

Been a pretty lame kind of month for events - that last one was OK I suppose but only becuase I was due a LOL run in gunner and assassin to get some upgrade stuff.

I feel a bit for NF - they are not winning many friends this month I dont think - they must be trying to make it all work but so many folk are annoyed with crashes and poor events....this fourm and the various facebook pages are not saying very much positive at all......cant be good for the devs to stick up a facebook post about the current event and nearly every single reply is negative and at times very negaitive (i.e. lots of bad language)...I do wish folk could get the message over without being so angry a use language that is not needed...we can at least be civil.......maybe I am too the other way though! Could be being old(er)(like I am)!!

My view is if you dont like the event just leave it and move on. If the game is really peeing you off then leave it for a while....life is way too short for stress/anger about a mobile game.....a kind of simplistic view but the facebook tirades are just a bit over the top in my view. Just dont do the event folks - what are you missing in the end...a life changing something or other, talisman that make little or no difference to day to day play or in fact help you win a single 'extra' game in PVP over what you would normally win....

Anyway, lets try not to get too down on it folks! I am not drying to dis anyone at all and I really want this game to work as Maiden will always be my fave band of all time - that for me is the main thing here and the reason a play the game (though addiction does not help - my wife does shake her head at me regularly - the kids not so much as they play a little too - but I do get my wife at time as most frre miniutes are spent farming.....auto has been a major improvement as i can now tell her I am not actally playing - the phone is.....seem to stave her off for a while!

Put on some Maiden and play it loud - always puts a smile on my face anyway!
    I'm glad I'm not alone on the wife part....
    Out of the universe, a strange light is born
    Unholy union, trinity reformed....

Proud Member of the Jomsvikings Clan

OS
    iOS
    I have been playing this for so long now as well that the wife (who is in no way at all interested in electronic games of any kind) just shakes her head or questions my sanity regularly. The kids get it and they ask me to set up auto for them when they are at school btu even they are like, 'Dad how can you play it so much it is a bit boring compared to (enter current game of the day/week/month)'? So even the kids (who are fans of the music but only as far as kids can be when they also like pop stuff too) are questioning it! LOL, they have apoint, though as I said auto is a brilliant addition for me for sure - that is the one major upgrade to the game that has been a winner all round in the house!
    "We oil the jaws of the war machine and feed it with our babies" - Two Minutes to Midnight - Powerslave

scott-5496

OS
    iOS
    Quote Originally Posted by JJJ428 View Post
    Personally I don’t see this as a bad event but I am so demotivated by this game I am not even going to bother.

There is a lot of negativity lately and it’s better served by being civil or just leaving, when enough leave they will get the point.
    Yeah, I think so but just not too sure that they are too bothered about the end gamers. As someone else said it is more about the 80% who come in to the game, spend some money and after a month or two leave - the only folk still here are likely to be collectors and addicts - I am both and I am here for these reasons. There is little enjoyment as such - it is just a grind and events like this current one are more time than I am willing to spend because auto cannot be best used for it - it is best to play it and just not got the time. I was playing my sons account and did some BNW for him before thi sevent to get him some upgrade stuff - with his team two runs took 40 minutes and I got so little back that I stopped and starte dwatching TV as it was just too much time for very little reward......the thing is with these levels is that it is a time grind - rarely do you get a defeat as an end gamer (you do as a middle level or lower I am sure but there is that challenge I suppose) so for me the game has that split of gamer types.

My sons is classic example. I watched him play a couple of BNW with his team and he was fully invested in trying to win but the dragon kept healing and shields came back and back - he beat it in the end and got his 'loot', he said to me 'Really! They have to be kidding, this game is no fun it's just a waste of time'. He had spent 35 minutes trying to kill the DK and got one upgrade rune he needed (out of five he is trying to get) and in the end was annoyed with himself for starting the BNW level.....'I could have had 20 games of War Robots in that time', he said. He is not wrong!

scott-5496

OS
    iOS
    Yeah, I think so but just not too sure that they are too bothered about the end gamers. As someone else said it is more about the 80% who come in to the game, spend some money and after a month or two leave
    At the moment your first sentence seems to be tha case. I read this on the Legacy of the Beast Troopers Facebook page earlier. It was posted by Lexi (not sure if he works for NF)

We get back to the ebb and flow of development. Right now we might be more focused on new players engaging for up to 6 months because the world tour will likely bring in a substantial influx of that demo - but that doesn't mean its always going to be the priority focus. Without being too obvious, I think everyone will have a bit of fun with our tour roll out, and long term players will be particularly rewarded with what comes after
    To be fair he had lots more to say than that so if you are a member of the group check it out - it was in response to Patrice's thread that he also posted in the group. He was honest about where the game is at right now but also came up with the promises that long term players will be happy a few months down the line. Have to be honest some of it came across a bit spin doctorish and seemed that he was saying what we want to hear. Really hope I am wrong on that and that exciting things are coming. NF have massively dropped the ball with the latest events and have pissed off a lot of players.

As some of you know I went casual in January and even though we have auto play now I still enjoy not signing in every day and playing when I feel like. If exciting things come along I will probably play daily again (although I have something in mind for next month that will make me decide if I carry on playing at all or deleting the game for good). Unfortunately having to grind BNW isn't the thing to get me back daily and, more importantly for NF, spending money on the game.
    Game ID: Andy-4743

OS
    Android
    Good to know, that i am not the only one who thinks that the events get shittier and shittier....

Since the cool Autoreplay feature, i have the feel every event gets more expensive with every new event..,
    Arena is still buggy as hell.., the defense wins are still shit.., and only give you points than iron coins too.., then character after character for nothing.., New Content.... SOOOOOOOOOON!
    With every Update or event one excuse after another that something doesn't work..,

And this Event again is so EXPENSIVE and time consuming.., this is thee first time i am really demotivated even to try to achieve this crap..,

It is sad to see the love from the artists and then the other side from the developers and the money milking machine..,
    I have played so many other games, not on smartphone but still early access titles which cost 10-20 Euro once.., and teams from 1-5 people.., they do it right.., and communicate with their players and develope this "together" and what happens? Happy Players!
    There is new content too.., every 2-3 months.., but not only one little features, real GAMEPLAY...

With every new event.., i am losing interest and motivation to play.., it is over and over the same shit..,

Edit: Yeah.., and in times of these events it is still harder and real expensive to play all your troopers a day..,
    if you play Powerslave only you can easily play them over the day.., but if you try to achieve the event rewards like this one.., you HAVE to refill a lot to play them ALL.., and BNW.., nothing to say about it, everyone knows...
    Last edited by Symbiote; 05-22-2018 at 01:09 PM.

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by PerthEddie View Post
    Right now we might be more focused on new players engaging for up to 6 months
    Just the logic behind this is ...

They focus on new players but create events that Top 100 PvP players (lots of relics) need 20-30 minutes to finish 1 battle? And you have to do it 10x ... Thanks but no thanks - definitely skipping that shite ...

Do we have a voice from a new player about this? We had Scott telling us about his kids that they think it's stupid and boring ... kids and the drunk normally tell the truth ...
    On the day you get your most wanted 5* character -> don't play the lottery! Your luck is exhausted.

OS
    iOS
    Lexi is one of the main shareholders in NF (other than Iron Maiden and several other individuals and companies) - you can check it all out in the UK on Companies House (official register of businesses) they may be based in Canada but NF is UK based in terms of ownership/head office - just type in 'Nodding Frog Companies House' and you can see all you want includeing accounts and the like - I did this a few weeks back on a lunch break as I was in Companies House doing stuff for the company I work for so I thought I would look. Quite interesting and was the basis of a post of mine a few weeks ago trying to say that the band (Iron Maiden PLC) are really the main guys in terms of share ownership and voting rights. Lexi is a individual who has a lot of shares too and also work swith the band on Iron Maiden Collectibles - again this is on CH too.

I think what Lexi is saying is that the tour (end of May to mid August) will focus on new players and what they need/want/desire and that after that long-term players will get more of what they want....that looks to me like no real new content until August/September time. So I think we will have a long time to wait for any new stuff......I can only assume that this will be the case. Would they want to do gauntlet for new people - way too difficult for them I think though it may be that Night City or Silent Planet may come in but not sure what their focus will be - they will want new folk to be able to level up quickly and to try to keep them on board so I think the event focus may shift towards something for the lower level players and new fol to get them hooked in and to get their teams developed fast?

Or not of course!

scott-5496

OS
    Android
    Lexi is one of the main shareholders in NF (other than Iron Maiden and several other individuals and companies) - you can check it all out in the UK on Companies House (official register of businesses) they may be based in Canada but NF is UK based in terms of ownership/head office - just type in 'Nodding Frog Companies House' and you can see all you want includeing accounts and the like - I did this a few weeks back on a lunch break as I was in Companies House doing stuff for the company I work for so I thought I would look. Quite interesting and was the basis of a post of mine a few weeks ago trying to say that the band (Iron Maiden PLC) are really the main guys in terms of share ownership and voting rights. Lexi is a individual who has a lot of shares too and also work swith the band on Iron Maiden Collectibles - again this is on CH too.

I think what Lexi is saying is that the tour (end of May to mid August) will focus on new players and what they need/want/desire and that after that long-term players will get more of what they want....that looks to me like no real new content until August/September time. So I think we will have a long time to wait for any new stuff......I can only assume that this will be the case. Would they want to do gauntlet for new people - way too difficult for them I think though it may be that Night City or Silent Planet may come in but not sure what their focus will be - they will want new folk to be able to level up quickly and to try to keep them on board so I think the event focus may shift towards something for the lower level players and new fol to get them hooked in and to get their teams developed fast?

Or not of course!
    Ah, in this case everything is good - because we can always count on the promises of NF - right?

And that of course also justifies that everything is overpriced crap - the lousy dupe system - the mindless grind - ... !
    On the day you get your most wanted 5* character -> don't play the lottery! Your luck is exhausted.