Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 48
  1. #11
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    OS
    Android
    Posts
    722
    My experience, last year I spent money on the event because considered it was worth it. Was going to do the same this year but it was not worth this time.

  2. #12
    Senior Member DIEDD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Chile
    OS
    Android
    Posts
    191
    I understand your point, but you know better than anyone how your rng works so you can imagine that getting some characters over the course of the year is very difficult, like mr. freeze commented some players played a lot to get the eddies they wanted, but of those 15 souls maybe 10 have been dupes.
    My point is, why you have to be so greedy with everything? I do not remember anyone complaining because he got less souls than others, on the contrary I remember one of the few times we were all happy with the game.
    The Mofo Cult (died31-6484).

  3. #13
    Senior Member Amarthir's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    OS
    Android
    Posts
    1,437
    Last year when I was a relatively new player I got 2 souls off of only a couple hundred ironite.

    This year I had almost 300 ironite and I was barely halfway to just one soul and that included mission rewards.

    Maybe you guys just shouldn't have touched the drop rate. If it were the same rate as last year, in addition to the mission challenges, it would have had MUCH warmer reception from all of us and would by definition be a bit better than last year. Instead you guys mucked it up like things have been for the last couple months.

    As for whatever so called "majority of new players" who couldn't get one soul last year (lol) maybe they just need to get good Į\_(ツ)_/Į it sounds more like a them problem than an event problem.
    Fearless leader of the Jomsvikings

  4. #14
    Senior Member Zerynx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    Dallas Texas
    OS
    iOS
    Posts
    238
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparton_LOTB View Post
    Last year also had a target of approximately 4 souls. However, due to a variety of unforeseen factors, there was a massive disparity of early to mid game players literally getting nothing, and some late game players receiving a very large amount of Souls (in excess of 10-15 in some cases). While that was a windfall for some, it wasnít balanced or fair for all.
    I very distinctly remember this event from a year ago. I had been playing about a month. One of these early to mid game players you reference. I remember thinking I'd love any 5 star toon at that point, but specifically an Eddie!

    I couldn't participate in the event because the frags dropped at levels 7-10 in the Dungeon. I was only able to clear level 6 at the time.

    I think it's interesting that you note it favored late game players, when it was an event that seemed to only cater to late game players.

    I was hoping for my chance at the generous event this year. Not mad, just feeling like the beat is going on. Got my 4th Viking Eddie for about 400 ironite. I guess that's an ok trade. (Though I got the final frags with one minute left in the event. Not kidding.)
    Zerynx-2164

    Lost to Apathy - Retired

  5. #15
    Senior Member MrFreeze's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    OS
    iOS
    Posts
    703
    Quote Originally Posted by Zerynx View Post
    I very distinctly remember this event from a year ago. I had been playing about a month. One of these early to mid game players you reference. I remember thinking I'd love any 5 star toon at that point, but specifically an Eddie!

    I couldn't participate in the event because the frags dropped at levels 7-10 in the Dungeon. I was only able to clear level 6 at the time.

    I think it's interesting that you note it favored late game players, when it was an event that seemed to only cater to late game players.

    I was hoping for my chance at the generous event this year. Not mad, just feeling like the beat is going on. Got my 4th Viking Eddie for about 400 ironite. I guess that's an ok trade. (Though I got the final frags with one minute left in the event. Not kidding.)

    I didnít remember that little detail about them only being available in 7-10.

    Hmmm, I wonder if that might explain why some players didnít get any souls. Yet NF uses that as an excuse for nerfing the event. Sad.
    MrFreeze-6530

  6. #16
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    OS
    Android
    Posts
    115
    Sorry Sparton. I get that newer players may have had an issue last time. Like JJJ, I got my 4-5 souls last year on the gunner day due to working all weekend and not having a team to successfully autoplay assassin lol. The event challenge soul was a nice step to allow lower ranked players to get their 1-2.

    BUT, that being said, us veteran players who were around for the first Immortal Soul event and who were told that it would be even better this time around have a reason to feel cheated. There really isn't much reason for us to keep on playing, especially for those who don't have time or desire for PvP, other than taking care of our fellow troopers and rounding out our collection of characters.

    Troopers were adressed with auto-replay, which I love to be honest. I like the Hero souls and the other new options mentioned to acquire characters.

    So here's my question: Who would it have hurt to allow the event to follow the same format as last year, as well as having the event challenges?

    Newer players would have achieved their 1-2 souls and been happy with that. Older players would have burnt through their stockpiles of ironite and more than likely would have opened their wallets. (That was my plan. Instead I'll take my family to see the Knights of Valor jousting tournament next weekend with the money saved.) The devs would have seemed like they did care enough to toss their old players a bone. And everyone would have walked away happy.

    After last year's event and the promise it would be better this year, the advent of autoplay and much better teams I was legitimately expecting 15 + souls. I know I wasn't the only one. All I know is I won't be opening my wallet for long time now necause of this. The disappointment is too strong. Like someone said in another post, I'm only halfheartedly doing the current event challenge s and probably wont finish them all. I just don't care right now.

    In closing, I I know us old timers can be cranky and hard to deal with and I can definitely understand why your frustration with us can show up sometimes like in the Alexander thread. Most of the time Sparton, you make good points and counter arguments, but for this time we're gonna have to disagree. Hopefully the things Lexi hinted at coming later in the year will make up for the disappointment, but I honestly don't know how many of us veterans will be left. Good luck.

  7. #17
    Senior Member OdoyleRules's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    Minnesota
    OS
    Android
    Posts
    127
    Let me drink a gallon of milk (I am lactose intolerant) and take a picture 20 minutes later. That will sum up the whole 'FEEDBACK.' The BS events after so many arena and other skill bugs, it just makes hard to believe a thing. 'Better than last year' would have snuffed the Cyborg Monday away. Instead you dropped a turd with the pathetic drop rates and not being able to buy a 5* eddie with twice as much frags. There is a huge bug on users not getting victories still plaguing the arena. If I was a project manager I would take care of that before I release any sort of 300, 400 500+ win arena challenge...and fast.

  8. #18
    Senior Member Yup's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    OS
    iOS
    Posts
    4,490
    JJJ.. your mailbox is full.
    -----------------------------
    --J o m s V i k i n g
    -----------------------------
    Everyone you encounter is fighting
    a battle you know nothing about.

    -----------------------------

  9. #19
    Senior Member DIEDD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Chile
    OS
    Android
    Posts
    191
    what also makes me sad and angry is that NF does not see that actually changing the event was a mistake and a big one, for them it was really a success apparently.
    I would have preferred that they admit that in reality the immortal event is not profitable (in financial terms) and that they stop putting that stupid "everything is in favor of new players" when clearly it is not.
    Also, what stupid strategy is to punish experienced players to favor the newbies?
    The Mofo Cult (died31-6484).

  10. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by JJJ428 View Post
    I would love to know how people were unable to get anything last time. Once again I think they look at metrics and maybe don't look past the raw data to try and figure out the why behind it.
    Both the absolute number of people who got 1+ was up and the percentage of our playerbase that got 1+ was up (averaged across the days of the event). So even accounting for far more people playing now than 1 year from now, it's up in every meaningful way we looked at it.

    Obviously the average amount of souls people got out of those who got at least 1 is down, but the intent was for 2-4 to be obtained by the most dedicated players, so the average being lower was expected.

    Quote Originally Posted by JJJ428 View Post
    Also because this event was so bad I really am not motivated at all to even care about the current event, it has nothing to do with how the current event is structured, rewards, or anything related to it, I am just demotivated by this immortal event. That is why just looking at raw numbers is not always the best way to look at an issue.
    Your feelings (and their lack of obvious presence in data) is absolutely relevant, I agree, and the tuning of certain events in the future and the framing of how we communicate these kinds of events in the future will take this kind of situation into account.

    Quote Originally Posted by Askora View Post
    Also, much like JJJ428 I'd been playing almost 5 months for the first immortal event. Pretty sure I got 4 or 5 Eddies. Needing only one from the list now, my odds are super low to get it. So, more drops would have benefited new players more than long term players who would just have gotten fodder for sacrifice.
    If "more is always better" were true, we'd just tune the drops to be able to give infinite rewards and be done with it. There's obviously a balance to be struck.

    As noted in the original post, there's more resources to be earned and more ways to get higher-tier characters than the same point last year. The tuning of the event had to change to reflect that, or we completely devalue everything from Legendary Souls, to Heroic Souls, to things like Cyborg Eddie Fragments (and Piece of Mind, and Vampire Hunter, etc). There's an argument to be made about how tightly we tuned it, and there's been great suggestions to improve this (or similar) events in the future, though, and we plan on taking all of that feedback into account with future events.

    Quote Originally Posted by Zerynx View Post
    I couldn't participate in the event because the frags dropped at levels 7-10 in the Dungeon. I was only able to clear level 6 at the time.
    The event last year allowed getting fragments at any floor, including Floor I. I literally used the same drop tables as last year, just pasting over older values with revised ones.

    The drop rates are better the higher you go, like with any of our events that have this structure, but we've never made it so you needed to clear a certain floor or higher to be able to get fragments.

    Quote Originally Posted by FarmerEddie View Post
    BUT, that being said, us veteran players who were around for the first Immortal Soul event and who were told that it would be even better this time around have a reason to feel cheated. There really isn't much reason for us to keep on playing, especially for those who don't have time or desire for PvP, other than taking care of our fellow troopers and rounding out our collection of characters.
    I absolutely misjudged when I said the event would be "better", no doubt about it. It basically came about for two reasons:

    • The only real complaint I recalled from last year's event was people not realizing how much of a grind was needed to get even one soul. I knew that with event challenges I would be able to solve this problem.
    • That comment was made well before I sat down and reviewed projections about how many souls people would be able to get from this event (if you think the most people would have gotten was 15, you're way off)


    Since the method of solving problem 1 is effectively another soul in the bag for anyone who's going hard at the event, that's why I figured it would be worth saying it would be "better" publicly, but I didn't take the whole picture into account. That's definitely something I'll be more mindful of in the future.

    Quote Originally Posted by DIEDD View Post
    what also makes me sad and angry is that NF does not see that actually changing the event was a mistake and a big one, for them it was really a success apparently.
    The world isn't so black and white that I could say "it was a success" or "it was a failure". We had a goal, and we made significant inroads on players getting at least one of the high-value reward without trivializing the effort needed to get it, but had missteps with other ways of measuring the success of the event (which at the very least starts with the sentiment some players have of it and future events).

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •