Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    OS
    iOS

Are the Devs not stunned by our outcry?

I been playing LOTB for quite awhile now and it WAS fun early on. Even when i joined the forum the negativity towards the game wasnt that bad. But in these recent months its all be bad. And sparton only recently discussed it. There is even talk between people about the game shutting down. I noticed the change in gameplay when it shifted to Pay to Win. There is no incentive to play anymore. I'm only on here now because i lpve Maiden and the other players that actively chat and help out on missions. Please. For the love of god add new content NOT new characters. And fix the Fucking RNG!!
    Current 5* Eddies:

Run to the Hills - Shaman - Trooper - Samurai

Piece of Mind - Fear of the Dark - Mummy

Grim Reaper - Carriage Rider - Edward the Great - Speed of Light

Cyborg - Navigator - Tailgunner

Iron - Eternity - Storm

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by JustAFruit View Post
    And fix the Fucking RNG!!
    Why? It's not broken! It's called long term motivation ... well at least the devs would say that.
    On the day you get your most wanted 5* character -> don't play the lottery! Your luck is exhausted.

OS
    Android
    It’s because we are not the target player for this game. This is becoming more apparent from every comment we get anymore. If you have been playing this game for more then a few months they see that they got all the value they can from you as a player and see no reason to cater to anything we want. The target is new people just starting out milk them for all they have and then go find the next batch of people. The problem is there is a limit to the number of people this game can possibly bring in and by burning the long term players this game has assured it won’t be around for much longer.

OS
    Android
    there was a time when we were all happy with the game, then the devs began to ignore the suggestions and began to show a hunger for money that led to bad events and "offers" for characters and talismans in the store to this was added the horrible RNG status so they lost credibility in front of their players now show 0 respect and tell us cheap excuses why they do things instead of recognizing why they really make those decisions, money.
    Now nobody believes in the devs and the game became another "candy crush" disguised as an Iron Maiden game.
    The Mofo Cult (died31-6484).

OS
    iOS
    The cold hard truth is.. if you don't like how things have gone the past month or two, you may consider finding another outlet. Clearly nothing is going to change. Things just get worse and worse in terms of amount of resources needed and actual rewards. NF seems to be focusing on the "discovery" aspect for new players. They don't appear, at least to me, to be at all concerned with long term playability. They want to dangle carrots on sticks.. but that's as far as they go in my eyes. The "stingy" mentality when it comes to rewards in indicative of a company that doesn't understand customer satisfaction and is solipsistic on their view of their product.
    -----------------------------
    CLANLESS
    All there is in this app is to spend money or collect yet more frags... entirely pointless and unfulfilling..

OS
    iOS
    no need to say anything because devs never read our posts...

OS
    iOS
    Quote Originally Posted by JustAFruit View Post
    I been playing LOTB for quite awhile now and it WAS fun early on. Even when i joined the forum the negativity towards the game wasnt that bad. But in these recent months its all be bad. And sparton only recently discussed it. There is even talk between people about the game shutting down. I noticed the change in gameplay when it shifted to Pay to Win. There is no incentive to play anymore. I'm only on here now because i lpve Maiden and the other players that actively chat and help out on missions. Please. For the love of god add new content NOT new characters. And fix the Fucking RNG!!
    As Sparton mentioned, we do take community feedback seriously, but just haven't had the bandwidth to respond to every post. Believe me, we want to improve the experience of the game for all players as much as you do.

Part of the reason it's been a bit quiet lately on our front is because we are heads down, hard at work on the very features and content you are referring to. At this point, we are just largely focused on delivering what we promised in the State of the Nation post for this year and in the meanwhile continue to run events and release new character and talisman content to give players more goals to pursue and opportunities to advance and explore their existing roster in various areas of the game (such as with the current event).

As some have already guessed, another reason for the radio silence on new content is that a certain amount of it is tied to the upcoming tour and so we can't reveal any details about it just yet. What we'll look at doing once the tour is live is showing you more of what's going on behind the scenes here so you can get a preview of what's coming up. Hopefully that will give a better sense of how much there actually is to look forward to during the course of the tour and beyond.

-Kaz

OS
    iOS
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaz_LOTB View Post
    As Sparton mentioned, we do take community feedback seriously, but just haven't had the bandwidth to respond to every post. Believe me, we want to improve the experience of the game for all players as much as you do.

Part of the reason it's been a bit quiet lately on our front is because we are heads down, hard at work on the very features and content you are referring to. At this point, we are just largely focused on delivering what we promised in the State of the Nation post for this year and in the meanwhile continue to run events and release new character and talisman content to give players more goals to pursue and opportunities to advance and explore their existing roster in various areas of the game (such as with the current event).

As some have already guessed, another reason for the radio silence on new content is that a certain amount of it is tied to the upcoming tour and so we can't reveal any details about it just yet. What we'll look at doing once the tour is live is showing you more of what's going on behind the scenes here so you can get a preview of what's coming up. Hopefully that will give a better sense of how much there actually is to look forward to during the course of the tour and beyond.

-Kaz
    Thank you for a response!

OS
    iOS
    Good to hear from Kaz - I think we expect a lot on this forum to be honest. I am not massive mobile or online or any type of gamer really but I have never seen a forum like this where you are connected to the team doing the game so for that I am pleased we at least have a conneciton of some type - that may be just me as I am not on any other game related forums other than the odd thing on Facebook. So for me even having this is great. I think though that any company that do this are putting themselves out there to be 'attacked'. In my experience on here the NF team put up with a lot of our views and perceptions (was going to say sh*t but thought better of it) as I really do not see the need to be an online/hidden 'warrior'. As I always say if we dont like it then as a customer we simply leave or take a break as many are from what I can see - the Facebook al forum is full of leavers or folk going casual and I can see why too from a certain viewpoint. As custmers we have the right to do this of course - we also have the right to a stable and enjoyable experience and for the most part I get that from the game - sure it is a grind just now for most of us but it has been like this for me for a long time and I stil play it and I stil take part in events and pay for the odd thing here and there...all my choice to do or do not (there is no try...sorry, had to out that in there).

Anyway, as I have said before this is a business for Iron Maiden (NF are just the company doing the coal face stuff) Maiden are the major shareholders and have the most voting rights - they are the ones driving the 'cash grab' or pay to win and you know what, they have to, there is not other way to run a free to play game like this - it has to pay for itself and make profit or the shareholders say thanks but no thanks a nd go elsewhere to invest - then a bunch of folk lose their jobs and livelihood and we losr a mobile game. no one is in this to ruin the game - these people have to make money or we lost the whole thing - they have to focus on new folk coming in and then to try to keep them as long as they can. The tour is a wateshed for this game - they need to swell numbers, make folk buy stuff and then keep the game making money over the longer term....if this does not happen then in my view Maiden are unlikely to be a charity and plough more money in to keep things going - they must make money on this game for it to keep going and keep NF going.

Do we want to have the game or not? if we do then let these guys do what they need to do. They are the ones who should know what works and what does not in a financial sense so they have to do what they have to do while trying to keep us all happy. They also must have a budget to work to every week/month/quarter and they will have targets to I am sure. The success of the game relies on this - simple economics which is why I get why we are waiting so long for things - this tour is branded to the game so it is the really bug push - not ice how much more adverts are online these dyas for the game? Every morning I check Facebook and I see the Eddie video playing (which is great by the way) - I see it a lot so they are pushing it hard and it will be in front of every paying customer at the shows - I am sure they will have the stage show set up to have video of the game playing extensively as I think we all pretty much agree - the game looks really good.

For me I really hope it works - I want the game to work for all involved. For one thing I know it has helped me get my two kids more into Maiden because they love Eddie - they like a lot of the tunes, they hum the songs when I play them - they talk to me about the game a lot and are excited about getting a decent toon from souls (they get a lot fo this as they are mid level). So for me it's nearly all good. Sure I get annoyed at times and some of the events are very time consuing but I say again, we have choice here.

I tend to not worry about PVP (the only aspect of the game pretty much where a new toon can be a big thing for position) so for me getting the latest game changer toon is not the be all and end all - I can do pretty much all other others levels no bother at all (except maybe Beast Madness on auto) but then that was always difficult to do and so it should be as the final level), so really for me the events do give me something to do (or not) and that is that - nothing complex and certainly no need to go crazy or swear about how pissed off I am about X, Y and Z about this that or the other. It is good to rant every now and then but lets not snipe at the team too much - remember this is their job and livelihood - they likely have folk they need to support at home and I am sure they are doing there best on a limited team and budget - like many companies do (mine included).

Even I am given the current event a go and you know it is quite hard to auto (especially the Sentinal one) so you know that is good (if rather time consuming) to do but it does make you think about the game for a moment and that is good as most other stuf is just auto, auto, auto (great for troopers of course) and for me that is not really playing the game as such - it is the game playing the game.

Here is hoping that the tour helps us all - we will know soon enough I am sure - I mean NF will be doing a Companies House update at some point and they have to tel us on that how well they are doing as a mtter of public reord here in the UK. I hope it is good and has bigger £ then the last set of accunts as that means the game will live on longer as it is growing.

One thing is for sure Maiden are pretty savvy folk - they will want some kind of game based digital presence I think as this helps keep a revenue stream open to them that is not based on making music or touring and as they get older that has to be a big thing to keep that brand alive. Hopefully too Maiden will release some new music soon (next year?) and so that too will bring another wave of new fans in. I like to think 'there are always possibilities'...
    "We oil the jaws of the war machine and feed it with our babies" - Two Minutes to Midnight - Powerslave

scott-5496

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by scott-5496 View Post
    Good to hear from Kaz - I think we expect a lot on this forum to be honest.
    we didn't get new content since august 2017. i don't think it's too much to expect new content and certain bug fixes in a time span of 9 months. just an example MSF started on 28.03 we had two content updates related to the movies. there were new raids and new events with 10 levels. the promo started some days before the movies to promote them. here the tour will start tomorrow and i didn't see anything that makes me wanna go to a concert or buy IM stuff. just wasted potential all over the place.
    i appreciate the communication, but the game development is beyond poor if we want to be brutally honest.
    i'll repeat it to make it clear: NOT ONE NEW LEVEL SINCE 08/17 not one, zilch, zero, nothing..... this alone should just be ashaming for a gaming company.
    yeah ofc you have to make money, but you have to deliver in order to make people spend some. and only thing we have here are new characters and talismans which are more than broken sometimes (iron eddie lol).
    Last edited by slauki; 05-25-2018 at 10:52 AM.

don't be a mofo and join the mofos.

if you are interested in joining one of the top 5 clans in lotb, contact me and we can start the negotiation. we are full atm but we can put you on the mofo list if you like.