Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast
    OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by Fudjo View Post
    Yeah, once you get past about #150 in the rankings, the friendly defenses disappear and the Lilith-O-Rama starts.
    I agree completely! However, with manual list refreshes every 30 minutes during waking hours, along with cherrypicking - plus strategic use of the 20 revenges per day - I've been able to hit the 345 win mark so far with only a handful of losses. But, it is definitely a full-time job to take advantage of the easier defenses.

Edit: Oh, and with a lone CG Eddie defense of my own to keep my rank a little lower.
    Last edited by druid138; 05-31-2018 at 09:17 PM.
    druid138-6195
    Sunrise Senjutsu Eddie
    Pity me none
    at the gates of our hell

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by T-Man View Post
    Yea I had a single Eddie team in there at first, but wasn’t seeing many teams doing the same after climbing the ranks. So, I switched to a normal D. I most likely will go back to a single Ed soon though.

I fought the 3 Priestess team recently, and though I didn’t have trouble getting the win, it was a pain in the ass, and a fairly long battle. She is the most annoying toon in the game. Dethroning the now M.I.A. SSD.
    Yeah, I switched to normal defense as well. About that defense, Didn't mean it's not beatable, just too much time consuming in an event like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Cefiar View Post
    I am (according to the ranking tab) at 3330 points (#82).

After an auto-refresh, in the Attack tab, the FIRST entry starts at 5239 (who is ranked #12), and they go up from there to 8208 (#2).

Basically this is almost everyone between rank #2 to rank #12 (with the exception of poor Gangland who is at #10). And I'm way down on #82.

Why do I get people well above the rank I am? The way it used to work was you got a few people below your rank, some slightly above and 1-2 really high people.

This makes it really hard to progress or win any rounds till I refresh it again.
    Ranking is a factor for building your attack list, but it's not the only one, and when there's massive spikes of activity due to an Arena event, other factors (like attack:defense ratio) end up being prioritized more than just rank. See this earlier post I wrote for a bit of insight into that process.

OS
    iOS
    Quote Originally Posted by R1ck View Post
    Yeah, I switched to normal defense as well. About that defense, Didn't mean it's not beatable, just too much time consuming in an event like this.
    Yep I got you. I know you could beat that team.
    Last edited by T-Man; 06-01-2018 at 10:48 PM.

OS
    Android
    And I thank you druid138 for the lone CR defense! I must've fought him 7 or 8 times. I had a lone tailgunner for a while and switched to a lone storm Eddie. Just hit 300 wins and no red eyes with the 5 rare souls. Happy with the IC though.
    bob-9503 (playing daily, thank you to all my troopers and clan members in Jomsvikings!)

OS
    iOS
    I put my friendly D back in last night btw

OS
    iOS
    Quote Originally Posted by Fudjo View Post
    Yeah, once you get past about #150 in the rankings, the friendly defenses disappear and the Lilith-O-Rama starts.
    3 Liliths would be a welcome challenge. Once you get into the top 25 the winner is determined by who goes first really. When you face off against 30k hitting Astras or echoed Desert Warriors hitting for 26k each time it can be a 1 round game. If you can survive that you may have a shot to kill on your turn but watch out for that auto Cyclone Shield casting SoL Eddie. Of course you can also have the your fate served up by Iron Eddie and his every round Fury with a side of Beast 30k smacking. You may also enjoy double ACRs with a Gunner Lillith to make sure you have no buffs on your turn. For a true lover of pain you can always find yourself on the receiving end of and extremely angry Alexander/Beast 1 2 punch out. I can survive sometimes if I lose the toss so my win rate is about 2/10 or if I get to go first my win ratio is about 9/10. There are no friendly defenses in the top 25. I will tell you that if you want to compete in this upper tier you need one thing always...Immunity. It is the only saving grace against these tough builds. My goal is to hit 700 wins by tomorrow. Overall I was pleased with this event having skipped the last one. I would say I spent about 700 Ironite I had in reserve and had to buy 300 more to keep going.
    ...When all you see can only bring you sadness...

...no Brave New World...no Brave New World...

The LAST player in the top end to get Primordials (TM)

Proud member of JomsVikings' Arena Research Lab (JARL)

stormseye-8121

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by T-Man View Post
    I put my friendly D back in last night btw
    Good to know, I definitely avoided your defense. Way above my weight class. Getting to 300 makes me appreciate your win last week even more.
    bob-9503 (playing daily, thank you to all my troopers and clan members in Jomsvikings!)

OS
    Android
    please fix the valor-talisman set. as a blue buff, he can be easily stolen, its a 6 pieces set...

OS
    iOS
    Quote Originally Posted by infinite dreamer View Post
    Good to know, I definitely avoided your defense. Way above my weight class. Getting to 300 makes me appreciate your win last week even more.
    Cool deal! Thanks.