Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 12
  1. #1
    Senior Member rags-6094's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Location
    Sydney, Australia
    OS
    Android
    Posts
    1,384

    Past Temperal Shard has anybody heard of this?

    My son just received this Past temperal shard, what the hell is that for?
    We went back into his inventory and can't find it anywhere but he received it at the completion of a Normal Level Kingdom of the sands, first time round...
    The more I watch him play the more annoyed I'm getting, seems this game is heavily weighted towards the newby....
    Out of the universe, a strange light is born
    Unholy union, trinity reformed....

    Proud Member of the Jomsvikings Clan

  2. #2
    Senior Member rags-6094's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Location
    Sydney, Australia
    OS
    Android
    Posts
    1,384
    Problem solved, It seems Brand New Eddies at that minor level can't go to past or future, this shard unlocks past...
    I don't even remember getting that when I started...
    Out of the universe, a strange light is born
    Unholy union, trinity reformed....

    Proud Member of the Jomsvikings Clan

  3. #3
    Senior Member Yup's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    OS
    iOS
    Posts
    3,743
    In the past couple months they've added some content for new players.. The ability to time shift appears to be one of them. I got it after some update a couple months ago. It, of course, unlocked for me immediately, but seeing it was odd
    -----
    insert witty remark here.

  4. #4
    Senior Member rags-6094's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Location
    Sydney, Australia
    OS
    Android
    Posts
    1,384
    Quote Originally Posted by Yup View Post
    In the past couple months they've added some content for new players.. The ability to time shift appears to be one of them. I got it after some update a couple months ago. It, of course, unlocked for me immediately, but seeing it was odd
    Ok but I don't understand something you're a well advanced player what good would that do for you?
    Out of the universe, a strange light is born
    Unholy union, trinity reformed....

    Proud Member of the Jomsvikings Clan

  5. #5
    Senior Member Amarthir's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    OS
    Android
    Posts
    1,407
    That was there last February when I first began the game. T'was a simpler time back then. Before fragments, sacrifice, even PvP. Back when I still had my sense of wonder.
    Name:  2biqpc.jpg
Views: 105
Size:  70.2 KB
    Last edited by Amarthir; 06-03-2018 at 08:02 AM.
    Leader of the Jomsvikings

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    OS
    Android
    Posts
    114
    Been around since the dawn of LotB time, and even back then we got the past and future temporal shards which are needed to unlock Eddie's past and future abilities respectively. It's been a long time, but I seem to recall getting one after clearing the first world and one for clearing Kingdom of the Sands.

  7. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    Lubbock, Texas
    OS
    Android
    Posts
    868
    Quote Originally Posted by FarmerEddie View Post
    Been around since the dawn of LotB time, and even back then we got the past and future temporal shards which are needed to unlock Eddie's past and future abilities respectively. It's been a long time, but I seem to recall getting one after clearing the first world and one for clearing Kingdom of the Sands.
    Sounds about right to me. Started December 2016 and that's how it worked then

  8. #8
    Senior Member Yup's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    OS
    iOS
    Posts
    3,743
    Quote Originally Posted by rags-6094 View Post
    Ok but I don't understand something you're a well advanced player what good would that do for you?
    When they implement something new, the database need a flag in the user account to say it's been done.
    If it's a new flag.. well all players need to trip that flag. It's way too much work to try and manually flip the flag for players it should be flipped for. They could run a query and automatically flip that, but they apparently don't bother with that. So just let all players see it. Those more advanced players won't have any issue with the requirement.
    -----
    insert witty remark here.

  9. #9
    Senior Member rags-6094's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Location
    Sydney, Australia
    OS
    Android
    Posts
    1,384
    So last night I was running through a couple of skull quests before bed, my 1st day to LOTB son was sitting in the room putting in a little more time on the game too.
    Suddenly I see his face go bright red from the screen and he gets up and comes over to me to ask if this character is any good....
    Little so and so pulled Corrupt General on his first day!
    I kinda grimaced, smacked him on the shoulder (gently) and told him I'd been waiting for that toon for 20 months before it dropped for me...
    Don't try and tell me this game isn't wired for the newbie!
    He got 1x5* 4x4* and 4 x 3* eddies in his first 3 or 4 hours playing the game.

    Eeeeesh!
    Out of the universe, a strange light is born
    Unholy union, trinity reformed....

    Proud Member of the Jomsvikings Clan

  10. #10
    Senior Member scott-5496's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    Scotland
    OS
    iOS
    Posts
    1,698
    Quote Originally Posted by rags-6094 View Post
    So last night I was running through a couple of skull quests before bed, my 1st day to LOTB son was sitting in the room putting in a little more time on the game too.
    Suddenly I see his face go bright red from the screen and he gets up and comes over to me to ask if this character is any good....
    Little so and so pulled Corrupt General on his first day!
    I kinda grimaced, smacked him on the shoulder (gently) and told him I'd been waiting for that toon for 20 months before it dropped for me...
    Don't try and tell me this game isn't wired for the newbie!
    He got 1x5* 4x4* and 4 x 3* eddies in his first 3 or 4 hours playing the game.

    Eeeeesh!
    Ha, my kids are the same - they got decent toons quite early on and they really help the new guys move up quicker which is great for the game - a little frustrating for us though. My daughter got stuff before me too - RNG it is and it may well be that there is some sort of bonus for newer lower level guys compared to us oldies.
    Missing the following characters (well the ones I want!):

    Samurai Emperor Eddie - Lone Star - Mystic Flame Eddie - Thor Eddie
    Krampus - Minotaur - Cosmic Shinob - Plague Doctor Harpy - Valhalla Maiden - Madame Fortune

    "We oil the jaws of the war machine and feed it with our babies" - Two Minutes to Midnight - Powerslave

    scott-5496

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •