Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    I actually think he’s very good, but only if you can keep him alive a little. His guaranteed effects as opposed to chances are always nice to see, it’s one of the reasons I like 7Son so much.

However, that said, I do not think he is a very good character with the AI playing. My feelings about last judgement overuse aside, the more complex eddies we get, the harder it is for the AI to use them effectively. If you manually run beast Eddie, he’s quite strong, but that’s when you choose the best move for the turn, and the AI has a hard time judging what’s the best move in your scenario

OS
    iOS
    If we're talking about Beast Eddie as AI, he's god awful. He's only good when a human is in control of him. Otherwise, he's useless due to his inability to pick the right moves.

Quote Originally Posted by GrimDusk View Post
    If we're talking about Beast Eddie as AI, he's god awful. He's only good when a human is in control of him. Otherwise, he's useless due to his inability to pick the right moves.
    I feel like that’s something that’s going to happen more often, with more complex characters, effects, and stuff like that’s being added. I remember back in the day grim Eddie would try to do like spell vamp or something a lot on auto, and I’m like why? 7Son is one of the few eddies I feel the AI picks good moves, then again, he has a lot of utility uses, so it’s hard to pick a bad move for him. They’ve proved they can slightly tweak a moves AI, but the AI in the game in general sucks. Don’t want a character using a crappy fury, when everyone needs revived, or something

OS
    iOS
    Well there has been an update to him. His Power Present, Last Judgement, is now 5 Energy rather than 4. This is a bit annoying, but it's nothing too game changing. However, on the other hand, his Power Past, Ninth Circle, now costs 5 Energy rather than 6. This is actually amazing, because now this ability can be used on the second turn of PvP if your team goes first and he manages to survive the turn, he can now get rid of immunity and invincibility earlier, making quick work of certain characters (Azov). His AI apparently also works better now, so we'll see how that pans out.

Quote Originally Posted by GrimDusk View Post
    Well there has been an update to him. His Power Present, Last Judgement, is now 5 Energy rather than 4. This is a bit annoying, but it's nothing too game changing. However, on the other hand, his Power Past, Ninth Circle, now costs 5 Energy rather than 6. This is actually amazing, because now this ability can be used on the second turn of PvP if your team goes first and he manages to survive the turn, he can now get rid of immunity and invincibility earlier, making quick work of certain characters (Azov). His AI apparently also works better now, so we'll see how that pans out.
    I noticed the AI change during skull quests before I noticed the power change. Im not sure the change to last judgement is the correct way to handle it. Yes, it can’t do 3x in a row anymore, cool. And it does make it a little harder to do 2x In a row. But I feel like that’s effecting the AI more than anything. It feels like upping the power cost, artificially made the AI play better, by limiting it, rather than the AI actually picking better. Should last judgement be a 5 cost? Maybe, unsure, but it feels more like a band aid fix.

Ninth circle on the other hand, nice to see. The move wasn’t that powerful for a 6 cost, it didn’t even do damage. It just puts crave on the enemies, and is only worth it if they even have the immunity on, or they heal a lot, but you could just use baphomets fire instead.

I hope they continue to tune him just a tad more, he feels good, but I think there’s just a little more work that could be done

OS
    iOS
    The AI fix seems good. Can now auto-replay and farm NotB madness with Beast Ed, Gunner CotD, and W Lilith.
    Last edited by Yup; 06-23-2018 at 06:20 AM.
    -----------------------------
    CLANLESS
    All there is in this app is to spend money or collect yet more frags... entirely pointless and unfulfilling..

OS
    iOS
    Got 5 Cat Souls for 300 win earlier this week and got Beast....got 5 Cat Souls for 400 win today....got Beast again.

I have managed to win a couple matches in the current meta but I just don't feel as confident about him as an everyday attacker and I think I have only lost only a couple of matches against him so the AI is not too strong. Still experimenting with talismans and allies though I would think he needs a blocker or damage reducers class since he is still squishy.
    ...When all you see can only bring you sadness...

...no Brave New World...no Brave New World...

The LAST player in the top end to get Primordials (TM)

Proud member of JomsVikings' Arena Research Lab (JARL)

stormseye-8121

Quote Originally Posted by Stormseye View Post
    Got 5 Cat Souls for 300 win earlier this week and got Beast....got 5 Cat Souls for 400 win today....got Beast again.

I have managed to win a couple matches in the current meta but I just don't feel as confident about him as an everyday attacker and I think I have only lost only a couple of matches against him so the AI is not too strong. Still experimenting with talismans and allies though I would think he needs a blocker or damage reducers class since he is still squishy.
    I agree, in normal use he’s fragile. I’ve always kept Golden pharaoh dog on in pvp since I got him, and usually always kept astra. My green harpy or blue Lilith are In my other slot, I’ve found good use, I’m just not sure who I want with beast Eddie, and who I want with 7Son Eddie, as those are my 2 main pvp teams. I can say GPD and blue Lilith definitely keep him alive under most cases, barring prisoner

OS
    iOS
    So his animations have been updated. His fury looks right now, and call me crazy but the Last Judgement ability has a bigger circle now.

OS
    Android
    I experimented with shadow talismans and and Assassin pyro. The first attack is like nuclear strike, took out Garden of Life X boss shield with one hit. And Assassin Pyro hits consumes burning effects of Beast Eddie fury attack. Only problem is to keep them alive in auto combat.
    Last edited by Olevipoeg; 07-06-2018 at 08:32 AM.
    Olevipoeg-2218

When you know that your time is close at hand
    Maybe then you'll begin to understand
    Life down here is just a strange illusion...
    Member of Jomsvikings Clan