Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    I can't say that I'm surprised based on your recent posts, but given that we started playing at the same time this is a sad moment. With smaller games like this, the community really makes the experience and you have been a positive member of that for as long as you have played. I appreciate all the effort you've put into the guides for the community and hope that someone will take up that mantle going forward. I hope we'll see you in 58 days when gauntlet releases, best of luck with everything until then.

OS
    Android
    Well, we already talked about that but I felt like I need to talk it public here.
    Its sad to see this happen... Im still playing like you did for so long but Sag is right, when your not amused and the game feels like a job its time to quit.
    I agree with all of your words and I need to thank LotB to create the opportunity to know so many cool guys like you and many other here! Fortunatly we have a great group out there and we will rock out everything we try! hahaha

This is a great loss for this game but in the end I still own, by your friendship and our great alliance!
    We are the cool guys, my brother!

\,,/

OS
    iOS
    Sad to see you go - you had so much to say on the game and it almost always made complete sense. I think there is just a load of frustration from us old timers here on the forum and elsewhere so I totally get what you are saying. I am going to keep with it but i have to say that the tour and what we are supposed to get over the coming few months is going to make or break it for me - the game has to get beyond all the things you mentioned on the grind and repitition and for that they must make new content. However I also understand that Maiden needs to make money form this ot it closes and hence the 90% concentration on new players - they are the ones who spend the most I would guess or they would not ofcus on them - without the new blood the game is dead anyway. However, saying all that there is not much reason that I can think of as to why we have no new content at all over the last year - can there be any reason we could not get some side missions like the Halloween events of past - I cant see how that would be an issue. I guess we also just need a new bone to chew - I am hopeful that it will come with the tour (I think/hope for gauntlet during the tour and NC after it)...not sure on Silent Planet but you do just think that the flood gates will soon open and then all we need to fear is completing NC in a weekend or gaintlet in a week - then where do we all go! LOL, still it would be nice to ponder such a dilemma!

I hope you come back DS - the board will miss you and your insight and passion for the band and game.
    "We oil the jaws of the war machine and feed it with our babies" - Two Minutes to Midnight - Powerslave

scott-5496

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by scott-5496 View Post
    ... and hence the 90% concentration on new players - they are the ones who spend the most I would guess or they would not ofcus on them - without the new blood the game is dead anyway...
    That is partly true that without new blood the game is dead. but don't believe their lullabies and the tale of the new players. How is making the meta every week more confusing (and more buggy) plus flooding the slot machine with new, overpowered chars plus shite like relics focussing on new players? A new player has a Mount everest to catch up already! Agreed - sell them fancy packages (still overprized if you ask me and give them shit out of the Legendary Souls - aka Green Golden Son - and drive them a fast as possible away again).

Imagine yourself as a new player now: Do you need more stuff to chase after?

I play from day 1 and still these days I sometimes wonder what just happened in arena - but you can never be sure if it's a bug or intended. I wonder for example these days if there is a special power that my Angel talismans don't work anymore mid fight or if it's NF's incredible coding skills.

I am very sorry, Slauki to have semi hijacked your leaving thread but in my defense I have to say: If people continue listening to the crap the devs spit out to try to calm the plebs NOTHING WILL EVER CHANGE! The reason for Professor Titan Slauki leaving is basically due to that fact.

P.S: That the devs don't tell the truth (or maybe they really don't know nymore in the mess they are creating) I outlined in this post with some proof. I really would love to have an answer for that despite they were saying before that the soul is decided when it hits the Book of Souls.
    Last edited by hold; 06-11-2018 at 10:27 AM.
    On the day you get your most wanted 5* character -> don't play the lottery! Your luck is exhausted.

OS
    iOS
    Yeah you may be correct on that hold - I am just going to give them the tour and a month or two afterwards - so now until xmas, to see what they do - if it aint done between now and then it never will be and unlike the band and the music the legacy of the beast (game) will be a shadow of what it could be and that would be sad. They do seem to be pushing the game a lot at the shows so really if the new blood does not come in as expected the game will likely flounder over time - I dont think this will happen for a long time yet but I really do hope that they flood us with new stuff soon.
    "We oil the jaws of the war machine and feed it with our babies" - Two Minutes to Midnight - Powerslave

scott-5496

OS
    iOS
    Quote Originally Posted by hold View Post
    [...] I wonder for example these days if there is a special power that my Angel talismans don't work anymore mid fight or if it's NF's incredible coding skills. [...]
    Yeah - posted this just the other day on some other thread. This is very annoying when you have to skip your whole turn after being stunned despite Angel talismans on. Tends to happen against Visions Eddie more often than on other occasions for me, but did not find a pattern yet.
    natasar-7294 – playing all troopers daily

OS
    Android
    If you do not uninstall the game please do not delete me as a trooper. Let me keep your massive team alive and rack up trooper badges for you, should you return and they are perhaps of use to you.

Don Slauki you mentored me through early playing days and I thank you for accepting my request. I hope you will keep being the greatest benefit to whatever game you play in life and on screen. I know you only from this experience but see you as diligent, resourceful and ready to graduate from what has become a stale experience. You taught me a lot about determination and strategy, things I use in life as well as Legacy.

The "Slauki Meter" of game enthusiasm has been getting lower and lower, powering up Meatheads awaiting some reason to use the 300 characters for something other than Powerslave. I miss you and the energy you brought to the community-I wish you the best and hope you find happiness...Going to MSF with Jofer16?

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by scott-5496 View Post
    Yeah you may be correct on that hold - I am just going to give them the tour and a month or two afterwards - so now until xmas, to see what they do - if it aint done between now and then it never will be and unlike the band and the music the legacy of the beast (game) will be a shadow of what it could be and that would be sad. They do seem to be pushing the game a lot at the shows so really if the new blood does not come in as expected the game will likely flounder over time - I dont think this will happen for a long time yet but I really do hope that they flood us with new stuff soon.
    dear scott, thank you for the kind words buddy. i had the same thinking for a long time. always hoping the next update will bring new stuff and i got disappointed almost every time. i was looking for excuses to keep playing, helloween might bring this, christmas might bring that and so on. same now, after the tour they will release a ton of new content??? sorry bud i realized that this was wishfull thinking from my side and that we will see new stuff once a year if we are extremly lucky.
    my argument is: if they were capable of releasing /creating something new, they would have done it before. but well, they cannot even implement a halloween level which was written and released 1,5 years ago. do you really need another proof of the incompetence we are dealing with here? the only new and creative things we can realisticly expect from this game is new fancy and creative bugs along with ridiculous chars and talismans.

Quote Originally Posted by edsel View Post
    If you do not uninstall the game please do not delete me as a trooper. Let me keep your massive team alive and rack up trooper badges for you, should you return and they are perhaps of use to you.

Don Slauki you mentored me through early playing days and I thank you for accepting my request. I hope you will keep being the greatest benefit to whatever game you play in life and on screen. I know you only from this experience but see you as diligent, resourceful and ready to graduate from what has become a stale experience. You taught me a lot about determination and strategy, things I use in life as well as Legacy.

The "Slauki Meter" of game enthusiasm has been getting lower and lower, powering up Meatheads awaiting some reason to use the 300 characters for something other than Powerslave. I miss you and the energy you brought to the community-I wish you the best and hope you find happiness...Going to MSF with Jofer16?
    thanks man, i won't delete anyone,since i won't even login for a while. yeah i'm in MSF now, but not with jofer together. i have a nice alliance with many oldschool LOTB guys and the game is more than a surrogate for LOTB. it has teached me how a good mobile game can be. we got new content every month and not just one level, it was real content. ofc you cannot compare both studios, but the situation in LOTB got just so horrible and hopeless for me. lately it's even getting more and more like a parody or a bad sitcom with all the things happening.
    fun fact, i don't even miss the game. didn't login since sunday and nothing, no craving no nostalgia, nothing. that said, i might try the new stuff once it's released "after the tour" (lol).

nontheless i will check the forums from time to time,since the best part of the game was the community i met here. this game would be predestined for guilds and raids since we are bloodbrothers in mind and IM connects us. but now i'm falling back into wishful thinking again, so time to leave again.

take care bros and give em hell \m/
    Last edited by slauki; 06-12-2018 at 10:06 PM.

don't be a mofo and join the mofos.

if you are interested in joining one of the top 5 clans in lotb, contact me and we can start the negotiation. we are full atm but we can put you on the mofo list if you like.

OS
    Android
    A lot of great things have been said about dear Slauki, and his impact is sharply recognized within this community. And rightfully so. His contributions to this game cannot be overstated, and neither can the loss of him as a player. Like many of you, I have HS Eddie as my icon to show our distaste with the game-loss of our blood brother, and the many great players that left before him. Too many to list, actually. And while some love the display because they just issued a new skin for HS Eddie - I think that new skin is a pretty good reminder to us longterm players that the best we can hope for here is a new skin from time to time. That tour shirt and cathedral design are great reminders that anything of REAL value is still "coming soon."

See the problem isn't just that we haven't gotten new content in a year... it's that we can't HOPE to get new content in any timely fashion. There may be an explosion of new things at the end of the tour - Night City, Gauntlet, a Purple Bat... but that won't pacify for long. A few months for sure - hell, they won't even work properly for the first month - but after that, it'll be another year before new content is rolled out. Another year and 60 new characters later, with a bench full of toons you sank skill shards into right before their golden buffs became fool's gold - you'll be angry and waiting for new content again. Right now this is either not fixable by their current team, or they simply don't want to. Either way, the past 2 years say that I'd be a fool (and not an educated one) to expect things to change.

I'll give credit where credit is due - NF has a team of some of the best designers around. Can't even be argued, the art they turn out is amazing. But it's not enough without new challenges in a timely manner. That's what makes this game fail to live up to its potential. Until that changes, this game will continue to disappoint Maiden fans and drive players away, leaving a bad taste in their mouths. Pretty sad when you consider that the band is known for its excellence. We came for Maiden; we stuck around for the community. But in the end, a game is supposed to be fun to play, not a set-it-and-forget-it module to collect resources from the same environments that we were excited to see when we started - some wasted years ago.
    This is what not to do if your bird shits on you.

OS
    iOS
    I would be sporting a Holh Smoke eddie if i still had him. Best still stand strong with the cause!