Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    OS
    iOS

Plans for increased character limit?

Question for the devs: Are there plans to increase the character limit beyond 300 with one of the next updates?

According to the latest statements, some levels of the Gauntlet will allow the usage of dupes, so it seems to make sense to keep some of those. Then, if you are a collectionist like me who keeps one of every character, you hit the limit quite quickly when saving up some chars for the sac events. Therefore, an increased limit would be very welcome.
    natasar-7294 – playing all troopers daily

OS
    Android
    That's sounds interesting I didn't know there was a limitation of 300.
    So just how many characters are you missing, there can't be many I'm guessing?
    I'm a collector myself, but up till now I only bothered with 3* toons and above.
    Do you have any clue just how many characters there is at the moment?
    Out of the universe, a strange light is born
    Unholy union, trinity reformed....

Proud Member of the Jomsvikings Clan

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by rags-6094 View Post
    Do you have any clue just how many characters there is at the moment?
    There are 231 unique characters at the moment if I'm correct
    Chaosego888-9998

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaosego888 View Post
    There are 231 unique characters at the moment if I'm correct
    That's good to know! That's leaves plenty of room to build my spare spots collect them all(wishful thinking)and have room for those sacrificial dupes!
    B.t.w I genuinely want to know (I don't mean this to sound like I'm whining again) amongst the remaining long term players here how have you managed to get the high level toons? I spend around $50 to $100 (AUS $) a month I guess on ironite, but I don't waste real dollars buying souls, rarely I will trade in a fraction of my ironite stack for a chance at one of those high level toons but to spite mega hours playing and either earning or purchasing those souls I always feel like everyone else is dropping souls but not me.
    I'm not kidding have a look at my entourage of high Level souls on my signature below still to be acquired, sometimes I feel like the computer generated code that represents rags is set at a much lower drop rate than everybody else...

So what have you done to get those souls?

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by rags-6094 View Post
    So what have you done to get those souls?
    Get really lucky!

Aside from that, it's really about volume of drops and making the most of events. I've still got got Crimean soldier frags to claim a soul, magus droid, sentinel corrupt rescuer, etc. Save them up for good sac events, make some tier 6 or 7 sacrifices now and again to rebuild soul stacks. You can get lucky sometimes off a soul or two, but volume tends to make the most difference. I'm still missing ACotD after over a year and a half, but got Iron Eddie on sacrifice spree where I made 3 vortex fills (2 and a little bit, as the first was already pretty close).

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by Askora View Post
    Get really lucky!

Aside from that, it's really about volume of drops and making the most of events. I've still got got Crimean soldier frags to claim a soul, magus droid, sentinel corrupt rescuer, etc. Save them up for good sac events, make some tier 6 or 7 sacrifices now and again to rebuild soul stacks. You can get lucky sometimes off a soul or two, but volume tends to make the most difference. I'm still missing ACotD after over a year and a half, but got Iron Eddie on sacrifice spree where I made 3 vortex fills (2 and a little bit, as the first was already pretty close).
    I am certain you're onto something with sheer soul volume, I just can't help myself when I earn a higher level soul I dropped it in the book immediately in the event that I do actually pull one, it's not working for me at all!

I must change my bad habits then and start saving everything instead of cashing in on the spot.
    Thanks for the feedback!

OS
    Android
    I've always saved up souls and dropped them in bulk, usually 30 or more at a time. I started doing this after a few months of playing and not getting anything useful out of single drops. The only time I ever saw anything other than a 3 star character fall from a single rare soul was when I got a Nomad from the first Halloween event. I once dropped 33 Gun/Assassin souls and got Rainmaker and Aces High Eddies at the same time. I have 28 Legendaries, Over 200 Gun/Assassin Souls, 130 Rare Souls, +20 Warrior Souls, 30 Magus Souls and about 40 Sentinel Souls. Next month is the 2nd anniversary month and I would guess it would be likely that there will be an event that increases the chances to get 4 and 5 star characters

OS
    Android
    Well I know I won't have anywhere near that many souls banked by the time it starts but from now to then I'm going to save every soul I can.
    Should I flick normal souls or hold them as well?

OS
    Android
    Normal souls are good to save for sacrifice events. Usually after a LoL event you'll have stacks and stacks of them. Good for getting SoW during arena events, but best if there is a sacrifice event rewarding lower level sacrifices and vortex fills.

OS
    Android
    If you are patient wait for the double chance events. I have gotten so many of the characters I am missing during those.