Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    OS
    Android

Slow roasting the Devs

Thought I'd make a new thread, so things could be on topic. We know how the devs hate that, especially if it points out things they're doing wrong.

I find it sadly amusing the answers they're giving us.

1) We're focusing on new players instead of content right now, because without that influx the game will die. I think maybe open your eyes, because the game is dying. The people who have spent money over the past year are your customers as well, and I'm more than willing to bet they didn't invest in the game so they could endlessly grind the same levels thousands and thousands of times.

2) Not even a word about the issues with the latest update causing issues with attack lists, freezing, etc. Yeah they'll probably catch hell one way or another for it, but just flat out ignoring your customers is a slap in the face.

3) Llexi Leon taking the Holy Smokes champion idea as a joke. Another slap in the face. Start counting how many troopers have him as their champion, the more you have the more we are showing we're fed up. Threaten to shut down the game and we lose out on endless grinding for nothing new. That's the big joke Llexi.

4) New content after the tour. You've been saying soon for so long that it's just a bad joke. Quit making promises you can't keep and start actually doing something about making it happen.

HS Eddie for champion to show your tired of the lies and BS.

OS
    iOS
    Totally agree with everything you’ve said brother! Nothing more to add (see signature)!
    GotN-0546

_________18M RPs________
    _________| CLAN |________

👹 The Mofo Cult 👹

💀 Blackbeard Eddie 💀

OS
    Android
    I just like participating lol. I'm still supporting the game and hanging out on the forum even if I don't play all day every day. But hey maybe they could talk to us more and we could figure stuff out.
    Fearless leader of the Jomsvikings

OS
    iOS
    Devs won't care one bit about HS Eds everywhere. Just inconveniences troopers that may actually need some other abilities for a specific run.

I agree with the sentiment. However, it's a futile showing in my opinion. If you don't like the "game" stop playing.
    -----------------------------
    CLANLESS
    All there is in this app is to spend money or collect yet more frags... entirely pointless and unfulfilling..

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by Yup View Post
    Devs won't care one bit about HS Eds everywhere. Just inconveniences troopers that may actually need some other abilities for a specific run.

I agree with the sentiment. However, it's a futile showing in my opinion. If you don't like the "game" stop playing.
    Appreciate that you're in agreement and I think it sends a message. Players helping players is always a thing and no one is frowned upon for swapping to another Eddie to help troopers complete missions. The great part of it being an Eddie is that it doesn't inconvenience troopers.

The devs may design and develop the game, but the players make or break it. They can threaten to withhold content or not fix bugs, but that's a joke because that's already the state of the game. They can continue the same BS as long as the player base remains complacent. The point is for us to demonstrate that we are uniting and the more we communicate in the forum as well as outside the forum the more power we have to influence the direction of things.

OS
    Android
    Where can we find the post about withholding content or bug fixing?

For me, it's no longer about new content. Being able to "play" in a stable environment is what it should be about. It's simply too convenient not to fix the bugs causing players to lose their resources forcing them to spend in order to continue. Again, too convenient fixing some only to have old ones reappear. Are they even trying anymore?

Unfortunately change will not come without numbers and they are not on the player's side.
    kkkreg5-6767

_________| CLAN |_________

👹 The Mofo Cult 👹

OS
    iOS
    All I'm saying is.. I've played for 6 months.. in that time nothing has changed. And that includes players pointing out problems, lack of content, stupid grind events, bug with each update.... all of it... it's the same today as it was 6 months ago. Sure some bugs are fixed and new ones are introduced. That's the nature of software development in general.

Any effort to try and "rally the troops (or troopers)" to make a showing isn't going to do anything. I wish it did. But it won't.

They have their financial strategy. Sparton stated it "characters make money, not content" that's why there are new characters each month and it's far more important to have those new characters than any subsequent content or even bug fixes. Devs surely do not want to release updates with bugs... but unfortunately QA, beyond "does it appear to be working" is costly and not seem to even remotely be the focus.

At some point.. if an owner kicks a dog enough times and the dog keeps running back to him when called.. ya gotta blame the dog for being stupid and naive not the owner for kicking it.

Yes I wish there was new content. yes I wish QA was more important. Yes I wish every event wasn't merely repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat ... then do it again. However, I am under zero obligation to launch this app, tap any button, or do anything with it. I can freely uninstall it right now and never look back if I so choose.

So if things aren't changing, haven't changed in the 6 months I've played, reportedly haven't really had any new content since August of 2016.... who's fault is it at this point to still be expecting anything to change?

Again I absolutely agree with the sentiment... I just think you are chasing rainbows and unicorns at this point.
    CLANLESS
    All there is in this app is to spend money or collect yet more frags... entirely pointless and unfulfilling..

OS
    Android
    There's a change to the latest version of the Unity development environment that they (NF) say is coming. So much so that part of the bugs we have now are apparently caused by things being partly in the new environment and the rest in the old one.

Hopefully that will squash a lot of bugs. I've heard from a lot of Unity developers that the most recent releases are much more stable in general.

How soon that happens however is all dependant on NF's dev team and release process.

All that said, Android is probably going to be less stable in general given all the different little variants, particularly when you get older versions of Android in the mix.

In general, I suspect people playing on older devices (either with older Android or iOS installed) will always have some issues.
    Cef-6313
    "To summarise the summary of the summary: people are a problem" - Douglas Adams

Clan - Frogs of War

OS
    iOS
    What I read said there's a new Unity engine version. There are tons of games which use the Unity engine. LotB is merely one of those. It's not special in terms of LotB. It's the same core engine a lot of dev use. (Oddly enough LotB is not listed on the wikipedia page, but Sparton did post Unity was being updated and caused issues).

The bugs are reported to being related to updating the core package (Unity) and they have nothing to do with any new content.

It's like a Windows, Android, or MacOS version update... that doesn't somehow automatically create new content. It merely means there may be bugs related to existing applications because the core has changed.

I have zero information regarding any LotB release... there could be new playable content "coming soon". I would not know. But please don't let the Unity update cause you to assume there's some LotB new content development taking place. There's no real correlation.

----------------------------

I will point out that last month a few got an unintentional "sneak peek" at the Gauntlet. That, does appear to be new playable content which clearly is in development. But I have no clue when it will be released. And, honestly, I can see the need to not "rush to market" with it. From what I saw.. yeah they may be dragging their heels a bit it didn't (to me) seem too far off. But what do I know? (nothing).. I have no clue about any other issues. I mean, given this user base... I'd want to make certain all the ducks were in a row, or at least as close to a row as I could possibly get, before being bombarded with complaints.

-------------------------

Overall my point is.. if you are "fed up" stop playing. It's that simple. Merely playing and using HS Ed as a champion is like stating "I support XXXX because I clicked a 'like' on Facebook". Really? Want to make an impression? Stop playing, stop spending.. leave for 3, 6, 9, months and then come back to see if anything's changed. You'll certainly have a handful of new characters to chase. Don't want to leave? Then realize the environment you are choosing to stay in and accept it.
    Last edited by Yup; 06-13-2018 at 04:42 AM.
    CLANLESS

OS
    Android
    "Legacy of the Beast State of the Nation 2018" dated 01/13/18 check it out under game announcements sorry I'm not very good at this process just yet or I would have put a link in...

According to this there is a stack of new content on the way!

But I would also say stop and have a think about why you are playing?

I'm chasing Eddies and other characters mainly, that cheap 2 minute thrill when I finely jag a new 5*
    Also PVP slowly but surely working my way towards the top few.

So if I was to achieve those goals would I continue to play? For how long? There seems to be quite a lot of former Kings (if you will) of the game leaving or have left, most of them having achieved all characters at the time and/or Top tier PVP success.

As long as I don't have those characters I'm chasing for them and I will continue to play and continue to drop my hard earned money in the LOTB money pool, I'm happy to do that because I enjoy the game and I'm not in a rush.

Moonchild pointed out to me just the other day, if things get boring or too much turn the bloody thing off, walk away for a while. You don't have to play!
    That was food for thought for me...
    So I'll continue to play and hopefully not whinge too much, I'm sure I'll be picked up on it if I do...
    Out of the universe, a strange light is born
    Unholy union, trinity reformed....

Proud Member of the Jomsvikings Clan