Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Help with the official LOTB wiki!

Hello Troopers!

We need you! Our community team has been leading an initiative to get an official Legacy of the Beast wiki up and running! They’ve collected information from in-game, and worked with our designers to create an easy to read and helpful guide to our characters, talismans, and effects.

Check the image below for a look at what we have planned!

Name:  LOTB_Wiki_Wireframe.png
Views: 1580
Size:  254.5 KB

As you can imagine, this is a whole heap of data and we have a really small team. In order to get this wiki up and running in as soon as possible, we need help entering all these details into our content management system.

If you are interested in helping us enter this data, please follow this link and enter the requested information. Our team will contact you if you’re selected: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1F...rm?usp=sf_link

Everyone who is selected to helps us out will be delivered an awesome pack of in-game goods including Ironite, Rare Souls, Heroic Soul Fragments and Frontier Coins. These packs will be delivered directly to your account once the wiki is live.

Do you have tips/tricks for specific characters/talismans? Once the wiki is live, we would love to hear from you! This is a live document, and we’ll be updating it regularly as we add new content and hear about incredible new strategies.

OS
    Android
    Hell yeah! I've been waiting for this day!
    druid138-6195
    Sunrise Senjutsu Eddie
    Pity me none
    at the gates of our hell

OS
    Android
    thank you very much for rewarding me for years, for maintaining the maxed characters thread was a really nice gesture from you....oh yeah you put me twice on coalgivers list, so i should be thankful i guess...was a pretty cheap solution for you though...

don't be a mofo and join the mofos.

if you are interested in joining one of the top 5 clans in lotb, contact me and we can start the negotiation. we are full atm but we can put you on the mofo list if you like.

OS
    iOS
    Does this mean all of the character “tuning” is going to be slowing down? If not it’ll need to be updated monthly to stay accurate. Are you guys going to give out care packages on a monthly basis?
    MrFreeze-6530

Ii would ask Slauki and Kaijester to help

OS
    iOS
    I've personally built my own custom CMS to keep track of some data not easily apparent. So I have data.... but traditionally pricing for data is agreed upon before the data is provided not via some sort of speculative rewards system.

I realize this particular data has no other use realistically, unless I wish to start my own non-official LotB wiki to monetize myself.... hmmm.......

Honestly, "Help us make money and we will give you virtual rewards, which aren't worth anything other than within our own product." seems pretty bad.

Maybe I'm being too harsh. If I am, I'm sorry. This is merely how I see the "ask". I'm sure you'll get many users jumping at the chance though.
    Last edited by Yup; 06-15-2018 at 12:13 AM.
    -----------------------------
    CLANLESS
    All there is in this app is to spend money or collect yet more frags... entirely pointless and unfulfilling..

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by Yup View Post
    I've personally built my own custom CMS to keep track of some data not easily apparent. So I have data.... but traditionally pricing for data is agreed upon before the data is provided not via some sort of speculative rewards system.

I realize this particular data has no other use realistically, unless I wish to start my own non-official LotB wiki to monetize myself.... hmmm.......

Honestly, "Help us make money and we will give you virtual rewards, which aren't worth anything other than within our own product." seems pretty bad.

Maybe I'm being too harsh. If I am, I'm sorry. This is merely how I see the "ask". I'm sure you'll get many users jumping at the changce though.
    exactly my thoughts...
    The Mofo Cult (died31-6484).

OS
    Android
    I was actually working on a spreadsheet with the negative effects (as they're the only things used for Missions/Events usually) in it, so happy to pull this into the wiki.

Only got as far as documenting most/all of the Eddies, so not a huge amount of data that'd need to be double-keyed.

Re: Updates of characters. Could these be pulled into the wiki as well? I know that NF post their updates on the forum, but if the detail is hosted on the wiki, then I can see a way to have more up to date info available to people viewing the wiki, even if the wiki page hasn't been updated.

Basically, what I'm thinking is that on the bottom of each character/item/whatever wiki page, it would have something that said when the wiki page was last updated, but point to the log of updates, so people to fact check and verify if there's been any changes since the page was updated.

This makes it easy for people trying to find the updates when updating the wiki, as well as providing links to that info if the wiki isn't up to date.
    Cef-6313
    "To summarise the summary of the summary: people are a problem" - Douglas Adams

Clan - Frogs of War

OS
    iOS
    I applied before even reading that there were rewards. Well, I always love lending a helping hand so I hope I can assist the team.

OS
    iOS
    Here is a suggestion, how about adding more playable content and fixing the bugs before worrying about this!
    Last edited by Rayn13; 06-15-2018 at 04:09 AM.