Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
    OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by Tim28213 View Post
    The moral here isn't that they felt the talismans were overpowered. They knew they were powerful. The problem as he puts it is that only certain people were supposed to get them. More people got this than they intended and THAT is why they are changing it. They were meant to be powerful, just not many people were supposed to get them.

This is why people on the boards keep begging you guys to focus on fixing the bugs! Everything in this game is related. When you release something people make team adjustments and spend resources they have been saving to make the most of whatever just came out. You go change it and people feel their resource spend was a waste. It is just a game, but when you can’t produce a product that follows your own rules it really aggravates people who are trying to enjoy your product.

Oddly for the first time in a while I have really been enjoying PVP. Because of this talisman set I am running a whole new PVP team (with only 1 set of these talismans btw). Normally I hate PVP, but the past few days it’s been different and fun for me. I have 1 set I completed the advertised requirements to get. I’ve won, I’ve lost since I equipped it. PVP is faster again. Win or lose it doesn’t feel like forever this week. The point is that I followed your rules, got the promised result and have been enjoying it. Now I’m disappointed because you screwed up, again and who knows what you are going to do to make a waste of the effort I put into the set I am using. Just get things right the first time and people will stop being frustrated.

And why wait almost 4 days to decide you messed up?

You have a product that is close to being great. You have a huge devoted fan base to pull from. People have been willing to play the same content over and over for 2 years in many cases-that should tell you something. The only thing stopping you is the buggy product you are releasing.
    Agreed, the talisman sets themselves are very fun to use, I only need one set though, it makes sense if everyone is only supposed to get one set because that's all you should respectfully have. But due to some lame bug, everyone has a dozen sets of them when they really shouldn't, and now everyone has to pay for it (no pun intended).
    Fearless leader of the Jomsvikings

OS
    iOS
    Does anyone understand how the buffs and debuffs get applied? When facing other teams with the talismans sometimes some of my characters will start with only gold buffs, only silver debuffs a combo of both or occasionly none at all

OS
    Android
    I am interested to know other parts of the game people are using the talisman set for.
    I have been farming Garden of life 10 and have all but 1 of the zone talismans to go now, I have taken my best time from 8+ minutes down to 2+ minutes.
    I haven't tried NOTB on auto yet but the final battlefield run is much faster at farming now here I have also bought my best time down to 30 seconds, and farmed a hell of a lot of gold!
    Out of the universe, a strange light is born
    Unholy union, trinity reformed....

Proud Member of the Jomsvikings Clan

Quote Originally Posted by Kaz_LOTB View Post
    Just a heads up that we will be making some adjustments to this Talisman Set in the next update. They were initially intended to be uber rare and powerful, but due to a bug with the recent sacrifice event it's been pretty easy to get a high number of sets all at once, so we'll be taking their power down a notch.

They will still be good, but they are currently just a bit more powerful than intended, especially with the full team stacking.

-Kaz
    I wish I could have had this "bug". Did 2 sets of tier VI sacrifices, filled a vortex and only got 5 talismans. This is absolute BS.

OS
    Android
    please consider the bug was not my fault, I got 5 sets from 2 tier 7, 2 tier 6 and 2 vortex, a shit load of essence and time to get it, then invested HEAVY into powering up all 30 talismans, so PLEASE do not nerf them into oblivion.

besides, some may have spent 40$ to get a set, this is serious coin to spend on a de-powered buff

and it is really fun to stack them and kick serious ass

OS
    Android
    What exactly is the bug? I've got 20 of them and still have enough resources to get 4 more... 5 Ultimate sacrifices gave me 15, 2 Tier VI sacrifices gave me 2 more and 3 vortexes gave me 3... Isn't that the way it's supposed to work anyway?

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by Muzzleloader View Post
    What the devs need to do is create another overpowered character that blocks all golden buffs from being applied. Combine the new character with some purchase only talisman for a real money maker. Another great idea would be a relic that negates or reduces the benefits of current relics.
    Goddess Aset says "hello"

OS
    Android
    This is a shame - I've really enjoyed PVP matches recently where we both have a set of these - it makes it unpredictable and more interesting each round as you don't know who's going to get what effect.
    In game: CrazyPanda2018
    Clan: The Fallen

Fear of the Dark, Fear of the Dark;
    I have a Constant Fear of Running Out of Beer

'Compendium' content for all Talismans and Characters (Max Awakened only if awakenable) available to view here. Please note I'll try and keep this up to date every few weeks.

OS
    iOS
    Quote Originally Posted by Tim28213 View Post
    The moral here isn't that they felt the talismans were overpowered. They knew they were powerful. The problem as he puts it is that only certain people were supposed to get them. More people got this than they intended and THAT is why they are changing it. They were meant to be powerful, just not many people were supposed to get them.

This is why people on the boards keep begging you guys to focus on fixing the bugs! Everything in this game is related. When you release something people make team adjustments and spend resources they have been saving to make the most of whatever just came out. You go change it and people feel their resource spend was a waste. It is just a game, but when you can’t produce a product that follows your own rules it really aggravates people who are trying to enjoy your product.

Oddly for the first time in a while I have really been enjoying PVP. Because of this talisman set I am running a whole new PVP team (with only 1 set of these talismans btw). Normally I hate PVP, but the past few days it’s been different and fun for me. I have 1 set I completed the advertised requirements to get. I’ve won, I’ve lost since I equipped it. PVP is faster again. Win or lose it doesn’t feel like forever this week. The point is that I followed your rules, got the promised result and have been enjoying it. Now I’m disappointed because you screwed up, again and who knows what you are going to do to make a waste of the effort I put into the set I am using. Just get things right the first time and people will stop being frustrated.

And why wait almost 4 days to decide you messed up?

You have a product that is close to being great. You have a huge devoted fan base to pull from. People have been willing to play the same content over and over for 2 years in many cases-that should tell you something. The only thing stopping you is the buggy product you are releasing.
    I am 100% behind you on this. I did not get any massive wins - I saved up a load of resources and got four sets (three in the furst day and one yesterday). So for me I got what I went for, you can even check my account but why oh why do we yet again have to pay for mistakes made. OK, maybe some did get crazy amount of sets, but not me and not many others. I have heard someone saying they got 11 sets - OK, if they got that through a bug fair enough bit why do you make everyone suffer for mistakes made by the team? Sorry, guys, I am usually supportive of the team but really this is not good. You should simply sort those that mega numbers outwith what you said might be possible and sort those account - why should the rest of us suffer?

Either that or reset the whole thing and take them back and give us our resources back?

I spent a load of gold upgrading them all and also upgrading toons for the sac event and now I am short for the current event a little due to all that. I must have spent over 15M gold on upgrading, never mind all the runes etc etc. Come on guys this is getting silly. Please reconsider your position or at least tell us how bad the nerf wil be. I have to say that this is very dissappointing and I am usually trying to be supportive of the team on here.
    "We oil the jaws of the war machine and feed it with our babies" - Two Minutes to Midnight - Powerslave

scott-5496

OS
    iOS
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaosego888 View Post
    What exactly is the bug? I've got 20 of them and still have enough resources to get 4 more... 5 Ultimate sacrifices gave me 15, 2 Tier VI sacrifices gave me 2 more and 3 vortexes gave me 3... Isn't that the way it's supposed to work anyway?
    The same sort of deal with me. As I said in my post this is really not on. I very poor bit of customer service and for once I am really not pleased. Just reset it all and start again. Why do we need to pay for mistakes - I spent so much time and resources it is certainly not anywhere near fair what you are proposing as a response. By all means get the accounts sorted that got big and stupid wins but leave the rest of us alone and leave the talisman alone.
    "We oil the jaws of the war machine and feed it with our babies" - Two Minutes to Midnight - Powerslave

scott-5496