Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    OS
    iOS

How do you win in PVP without POM, IE, Clansman, SSE?????

With all of the of overpowered talismans out there, when don't have a power Eddie to be the anchor, it doesn't matter. I've opened souls out of the wazoo and participated in all of the events and gotten souls, sacrificed, etc.....

But now, I just keep getting my ass handed to me by every tom, dick and harry in the arena...... I guess my iron coin collecting days are over. No way to get those nifty relics that help. no way to collect iron coins other than arena.....

I guess I'm going to be relegated to farming in the Cosmos forever.

Just my rant....... I used to enjoy playing and comping up with uses for characters but when every other team has IE, POM, or SSE on their defense...... No thought in that... just outlast your opponent. and it doesn't help that the damn red Lillith with echo goes off for 6 turns in a row.....

and before someone says take a few losses to drop in rank, I have..... and those way below me in rank also have these toons.

I'll continue to play troopers daily but I guess I'll be missing out on arena events.

Have fun all!
    Play all 50 Troopers every day!

magick2401-6102

OS
    iOS
    i am always put one Eddie in defence,that way i can win without attackong "money players" and i am happy with 100 ironite,5 eternity fragments and 1500 iron coins every week!

OS
    iOS
    That's what I'm talking about.

I don't have an Eddie powerful enough to attack with like POM, SSE, IE, Clansman....... I'm not talking about attacking "money players"...... I mean the regular old joe's around the 1900-2100 range that are handing my ass to me with their defense now.....

So I would be glad with 100 ironic and 5 eternity fragments but even that seems like a pipe dream....

Anyways..... I have a defense win every once in a while with a pharaoh Eddie that is the mainstay for all of my teams because no other Eddie I have would be able to last the first turn anymore.....

magick2401-6102

OS
    Android
    Pharoah Eddie is still my champ in PVP, I have only recently acquired IE and 7son, their not ready to put in the arena yet but even if they were I am going to have a hard time giving up Pharoah.
    I've not made it to the top 50 ranks yet but I have the top 100 and regularly the top 250.
    I would just experiment more with character combinations and within each character talisman combinations.
    There's plenty of guys here only to happy to (if you will) mentor you if you need help.

Of course the latest 6 set talisman has drastically changed the arena environment but it will settle down with time.
    Good luck and just keep going!
    Out of the universe, a strange light is born
    Unholy union, trinity reformed....

Proud Member of the Jomsvikings Clan

OS
    iOS
    Relics.... Spend every last iron coin on relics.. HP first.. then others.

Skill Shard your teams first.
    Power up team talismans first.

You need to be as strong as you can be with what you have.

It can be terribly frustrating to be locked out due to a missing characters. When I started it was all about VHE... you could not possibly compete at higher levels without VHE.. took me forever to get VHE and actually pulled 7S Ed before VHE.. it's only been in the last couple months that the variety of Eddies which will work has improved.

Stick with it, you'll eventually get an Ed that can compete or you'll have enough relics that battles get easier, or you've applied enough skill shards that you hit so much harder.
    Last edited by Yup; 06-19-2018 at 06:17 PM.
    -----------------------------
    CLANLESS
    All there is in this app is to spend money or collect yet more frags... entirely pointless and unfulfilling..

OS
    iOS
    I've maxed out the HP relic (+80%)....

Magic is at 20%

Attack is at 12%

Believe me, I've been working on relics and within the class I use most also......

I don't have a lot of the toons I fight against like Cyborg, IE, POM, clansman, 7son..... not even a warrior Lilith, alliance general, corrupt general, VHE....

dropped 50 G/A assassin souls during this sac event and I pulled 4 hallowed eddies for my trouble (already had him, BTW). Not bothering to sac them during this event as I'm trying to get an ultimate with double the amount necessary to see what all the hubbub is about..... But as things are, I really feel I'm in for a major disappointment.

I've taken lots of advice from the forums.... saved up my souls, sac'ed to get more souls, I've been saving ironite, saving shards for characters, all that good stuff......

I see discussion on Eddie's that I don't have and almost none within the last year on the Eddie's I do have.....

Anyways, this will be last whine as I see that my cheese has arrived.....

Good luck to you all in arena....... I'll keep trying but the current environment doesn't make hopeful for anything in the future....

Cheers!!!

magick2401-6102

OS
    iOS
    I know it can seem overwhelming. Right now I am helping my son and the Arena is terrible for any new players. New players are getting slaughtered even in 1300 rank due to scaling issues and rampant Primordial builds. Thankfully the nerf bat is coming and all those who are sitting on those talisman builds will be forced to rebuild again. The best you can hope for now is to cherry pick your fights as best you can and use your free refresh often.

Like Yup said
    Relics first and foremost HP, HP, HP
    Look at others' builds see if you have comparable characters and just keep farming cosmos, especially right now this event has some interesting ways to gain new characters.
    ...When all you see can only bring you sadness...

...no Brave New World...no Brave New World...

The LAST player in the top end to get Primordials (TM)

Proud member of JomsVikings' Arena Research Lab (JARL)

stormseye-8121

OS
    iOS
    Like Ip4 I almost always have a single 3* Eddie in my defense. Hopefully you can run into a few of these each week to help you along.
    Lately in the 150-1500 range where I spend most of my time I see more variety in teams lately. Navigator Eddie is around a lot. Visions is always there (I still have never gotten this character), I see Speed of Light Eddie from time to time. I played Fear of the Dark Eddie forever and he is still one of my favorite mid-range PVP Eddies (He just doesn't win anything fast-slow and steady with him).
    There are lots of combinations that work. I have no expectations of my defense doing anything and don't care. I play in the offensive range my team works in then I have to stop a while and fall back down in the ranks a bit. I've learned there are certain character combinations that just devastate my team whether I go first or not so I avoid those. I refresh a lot, even when I am on a winning streak rather than beat my head against certain teams. Every 30ish minutes you can refresh for free. For me it is better to reset my win buffs than battle through opponents that I know totally outclass me.
    Find a range you play comfortably and be happy there while you build up the ability to climb higher. It is possible, just takes time.

OS
    iOS
    Due to the dev's method of balancing being "create a new character which counters old characters" with every release, it can most certainly be difficult to win in the arena. If you need a solid base team to begin with, start with the Eternal Soul characters and the Trooper Soul characters. They aren't as amazing as PoM, 7th Son, Iron, or Beast Eddie in the Arena, but they can carry your team pretty far.

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by Tim28213 View Post
    Like Ip4 I almost always have a single 3* Eddie in my defense. Hopefully you can run into a few of these each week to help you along.
    Lately in the 150-1500 range where I spend most of my time I see more variety in teams lately. Navigator Eddie is around a lot. Visions is always there (I still have never gotten this character), I see Speed of Light Eddie from time to time. I played Fear of the Dark Eddie forever and he is still one of my favorite mid-range PVP Eddies (He just doesn't win anything fast-slow and steady with him).
    There are lots of combinations that work. I have no expectations of my defense doing anything and don't care. I play in the offensive range my team works in then I have to stop a while and fall back down in the ranks a bit. I've learned there are certain character combinations that just devastate my team whether I go first or not so I avoid those. I refresh a lot, even when I am on a winning streak rather than beat my head against certain teams. Every 30ish minutes you can refresh for free. For me it is better to reset my win buffs than battle through opponents that I know totally outclass me.
    Find a range you play comfortably and be happy there while you build up the ability to climb higher. It is possible, just takes time.
    Very well said!
    Out of the universe, a strange light is born
    Unholy union, trinity reformed....

Proud Member of the Jomsvikings Clan