Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Amarthir View Post
    To sum this all up, I really don't care what the naysayers have to say about this game or about me defending it. I used to like it here and this place is probably what kept me from quitting the game back in my rough patch. Now I feel like just quitting the forums and living the Nomad life in the game.
    I very much agree with you Amarthir. This game, to me, is still worth playing. The negativity on these forums is too much, they honestly do not deserve it. I have myself been negative towards the game from time to time as i do believe some bad decisions were made. But they have actually made some improvements. When first the talismans were released they were stupidly good. Have 3 or 4 sets on your team and you were sure the opponent had exhaust on all characters and you had the "soon to be ghost-buff". Anyone who spend real money that they wouldn't otherwise have spend cannot blame NF. With the history of this game with otherpowered characters being rightfully nerfed to fit better in with the rest and not be mandatory it was to be expected that the talismans would get nerfed. Now they are down to a point were they are good, but in no sence required on any team.

We can, i hope, all agree that the arena event should not have been out before the server fix to the arena-bugs or the attack-list. But after all they fixed it, which is new, and they gave 300 ironite (aka SoW for 100 battles) which is more than what most people missed out on the day they could not play.

All in all i believe we should try and be a little positive and only be negative when it is needed. Some people seems to have some need to post negative stuff in every single post of their. I do not see the point. If you want to be negative, then write a single post with the problems as you see them and what you believe should be done to adress the issues. And do this in a constructive tone please. Yelling at people they are not good enough have never been a good way of motivating them to do better.
    Current Champion: Killers Eddie

Teams completed:
    Eternal team (sharded)
    Trooper team (sharded)
    Lilith team (sharded)
    God team (sharded)

34/36 collected Eddies fully sharded.
    134 fully sharded characters!

And more to come!

OS
    Android
    Perfectly said Moonchild! It just takes an attitude adjustment...
    Hang in there Amarthir your positivity is appreciated!
    Out of the universe, a strange light is born
    Unholy union, trinity reformed....

Proud Member of the Jomsvikings Clan

OS
    Android
    Hey Moonchild, your reasoning for the Primordial Talismans has one flaw though: Long-term players who are still hanging around after the initial nerf wars (release an overpowered char - nerf it next update) have seen this overpower-nerf game play out a couple of times, and as such might have expected this and saved their money.
    Newer players could not really have seen this coming and rightfully feel ripped off if they invested money for obtaining something they regarded as invaluable and maybe give them a fighting chance against the veterans out there, only to have it nerfed to almost insignificance. This is something that NF had stopped doing a few updates ago, but now it's back for good and will leave a lot of the players frustrated.
    Not a good move. As always, testing the talismans in a handful of PVP battles before releasing them would have made it clear immediately how overpowered they are. Even reading the Talisman description, I could see the nerf coming, and I'm sure I was not the only one - as you just described.

Quote Originally Posted by EnricoPalazzo View Post
    Hey Moonchild, your reasoning for the Primordial Talismans has one flaw though: Long-term players who are still hanging around after the initial nerf wars (release an overpowered char - nerf it next update) have seen this overpower-nerf game play out a couple of times, and as such might have expected this and saved their money.
    Newer players could not really have seen this coming and rightfully feel ripped off if they invested money for obtaining something they regarded as invaluable and maybe give them a fighting chance against the veterans out there, only to have it nerfed to almost insignificance. This is something that NF had stopped doing a few updates ago, but now it's back for good and will leave a lot of the players frustrated.
    Not a good move. As always, testing the talismans in a handful of PVP battles before releasing them would have made it clear immediately how overpowered they are. Even reading the Talisman description, I could see the nerf coming, and I'm sure I was not the only one - as you just described.
    Good point about the new players. No idea why but i had not thought about the fact that is has been quite a while since they've done the release->nerf thing. Thanks.
    Current Champion: Killers Eddie

Teams completed:
    Eternal team (sharded)
    Trooper team (sharded)
    Lilith team (sharded)
    God team (sharded)

34/36 collected Eddies fully sharded.
    134 fully sharded characters!

And more to come!

OS
    iOS
    I would like to agree with Moonchild, but there is one little thing. The arena bugs are still there. And as Kaz said in another post, they can only be solved after the event. I don't think that it is unfair to criticize this. Of course I am completely with you about the "constructive tone". Getting personal here doesn't help anybody. I guess even the devs would like to have this game bug free.
    Sick-6808

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by Amarthir View Post
    Lol I wish. Naw dude hard as you seem to think there are still people who actually like the game. And if I was getting paid by them I certainly wouldn't be telling people like you to just quit the game, I'd be like "Smile, my boy. It's sunrise." Or some boring shit.

All I've been trying to express in my recent posts is that the constant negativity is not going to magically change Nodding Frog's mind and magically make the game perfect and great all in one update. I'm well aware that the game isn't perfect at all but it's not a bad game in any means. But with a few of you in particular it's every single post you never have anything positive to say, and you don't even contribute to making the game better. You just hold on to your shitty conspiracy theories and always demand more than what the team is obviously capable of delivering in this time frame. First you bitch and cry about Primordial talismans being too strong and needing a nerf. And them literally bitching and complaining about them being nerfed and demanding compensation for it. It's no wonder that people like Sparton opted to take a break from the forums to focus on development. If I had to deal people attacking me over every new post of info I made I would have quit the forum soon after I started.
    Attachment 4688

To sum this all up, I really don't care what the naysayers have to say about this game or about me defending it. I used to like it here and this place is probably what kept me from quitting the game back in my rough patch. Now I feel like just quitting the forums and living the Nomad life in the game.
    Ah, you are one of the people "I only hear what I want to hear!" Because I am complaining basically that they never test their shit and using players as Alpha testers from start.

I am still waiting for one update that isn't a screw up. But as long as the sheep following why should they change? Have fun living in your bubble of joy while some fraudsters taking advantage of this naivety! They don't have to take responsibility for their actions if the sheep let them!

P.s. if it wouldn't be for me we still wouldn't know the odds of the souls ... And they forgot again to put up the odds for the Nile souls. Not that we know anyway now what's in it but that shows the sloppiness of this company that is in full contrast to the quality of Iron Maiden we are used to as fans. \m/
    Last edited by hold; 06-26-2018 at 11:07 AM.
    On the day you get your most wanted 5* character -> don't play the lottery! Your luck is exhausted.

OS
    Android
    What is wrong with some people here? They launch an arena event with known list bugs and completely underpowered servers!

Constant errors are not the exception! I really would love to like the game in the Maiden universe that's why I'm still around. But how this company is acting is not acceptable and I will continue bitching until they change their attitude and start taking responsibility for their fuck ups.
    Last edited by hold; 06-26-2018 at 10:51 AM.
    On the day you get your most wanted 5* character -> don't play the lottery! Your luck is exhausted.

OS
    Android
    Nerfing skills, talismans, and characters will always happen. The issue with this last one is that it wasn't a nerf because the Talismans were too powerful, it was because they fucked up their programming and the Talismans were too easy to get. I grabbed 5 sets on 2 vortex fills. NF's idea of fixing their own fuck up is to make them weaker. This is a major concern, because we know they are very capable of fucking up the programming.

OS
    Android
    The problem was that the talismans were out of line. The effect was too strong even for a 6-set. Add that to people getting more then was intended to be obtained and we get an arena meta that requires you to have 2 or 3 sets. It's stale and it's unbalanced if you couldn't get that many.
    With the nerf they brought the sets to a reasonable strength and made them optional for your arena teams. And the difference between optional and mandatory is a very, VERY important one.

Hell, even the bug was unfair, considering it took me 2 vortexes to get one set.
    But I think that is what was originally intended. In came the bug and people got fuck tons of sets. Now that the nerf is through, I'm still fine and I'm excited to find a team that will utilise this set to it's best.

And as for the stealing argument.
    Nobody forced the players' hands to spend a dime. If you spend money on the game it's on you.

Also to go back to a previous comment, the concern about new players would be reasonable, but the outcry is not from newbies, but instead mostly long-term players.

As you can tell I'm also fed up with all the constant negativity.
    Were it not for my need for troopers I would rather just not engage with the community.

Senior Member TheAlbatross-1864's Avatar
    OS
    iOS
    I used to play Destiny a lot and was active on the forums quite a bit and it was always the same thing. People whining and complaining left and right. Literally what happens here seems to happen everywhere in the gaming discussion world so im used to seeing it. Its reasonable to an extent sure, but it quickly crosses over to the territory of entitlement. Take your free ironite and play the dang game, shit happens. Nothing is perfect. You get free f’n ironite at least. Dont want it? Wanna boycott it? Then dont take the free ironite. If you have already taken it and are still complaining... stop. No matter what some things are never enough for some people. If they gave out every eddie in the game to everyone i swear people would still complain they werent given enough.