Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    OS
    iOS
    Hi kamuz, felice, stormseye! I'm agree that destiny and primordial talismants are the 2 best talismants sets atm
    For the destiny tals, locking beneficial effect is a good counter (iron eddie's main skill for example)
    Primordial tals can be ennoying when they put perfect immunity on a blocker who has invincibility or heal shield...

OS
    iOS
    Quote Originally Posted by Peppoah View Post
    I started to shard Rainmaker slowly a few weeks ago and gave him one or two SS every week. He still needs 21 to be finished. It seems like It was a wise decision and just in time before the buff. Mystic Eddie was the last Eddie I finished last month. Devs must have read my mind.
    Hi Pepp, i can't wait to use the new rainmaker in the arena

OS
    iOS
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaolin85london View Post
    I'm currently holding 99% attack rate because I lost only 3 matches so far. Guess which team against with? Destiny talisman equipped by magus lilith. No matter what she seems invincible. Perfect corraption, stun, nothing seems to quite her extra buff given by Destiny talisman. This is quite annoying because even the best strategy is ripped off due this situation. Gonna try new setup but so far I didn't foudn any reliable counters to those.
    Just out of curiosity Shaolin, are you running Primordial Set in order to achieve 99% win rate? Of course we cannot compare every players build due to relics and character choices but most people know what characters are doing well and which aren't. What was your win rate before Primordial talismans, since Destiny sets were in play already. What is your current defense hold rate if it also has Primordials? The average hold rate has spiked to unheard of percentages now and it is directly related to one set of talismans.

You have proven time and time again that you have the ability to make great top builds but I find it hard to believe you are having that much issue from Destiny talisman and have no problem going against Primordial sets builds. I try not to seem too biased in my commentary because as someone who doesn't have Primordial sets, I could easily be seen as just a complainer but I defend the people that put in the time ,resources and in some cases real money to get them. They should not be penalized due to a bug riddled event release. My feeling are the same for the Destiny set. At the same time though, looking at the two sets, one has changed the pvp arena completely and one has not. No other character or event or talisman has made that huge of am impact on the player rankings.

I know I am going off topic here as the focus should be on the upcoming changes but if we are looking at changing a talisman set then it should start with the most obvious game changing sets. As I said, I completely agree that Destiny sets are strong but they are, in my experience, easily countered and in no way game changing. I actually have more issues with a WUR equipped with Steel talismans, which I believe were also only obtainable initially via cash only. I could be wrong but I think they were later obtainable via an event? I paid real money for the Destiny set and I would not feel any slight if they were made available to anyone later on down the road.
    ...When all you see can only bring you sadness...

...no Brave New World...no Brave New World...

The LAST player in the top end to get Primordials (TM)

Proud member of JomsVikings' Arena Research Lab (JARL)

stormseye-8121

OS
    iOS
    Stormeye i been countering destiny talismans in the same way you do but im not able to apply perfect corruption or block beneficial effects if the toon also has immunity if you are lucky you will remove it in the first round but if not you end up doing 2 or 3 rounds just trying to apply perfect corruption or blocking effects because is base on RNG there is no toon that can remove effects 100% or any toon blocking effects 100% and you end up with long fights just because a set of talismans at least primordial have a counter Valor talismans remove one golden effect with every attack and with the next tuning Valor talismans will get better I use Valor talismans in every attack team that I use or maybe I’ve been doing a poor job dealing with them any other suggestions of how finish those fights faster

OS
    iOS
    I know speed is your key but I guess I just have good luck with ACR and Sentinel Lillith even Prisoner seal as stopped the Destiny set from populating. You just have to hit her first with the correct character. Multi-hitters tend to cause more harm than good vs that set though. That is the reason I was disappointed when they removed ghost from the Primordial set. 80% of the time Magus would get ghost buff and then you just remove with Clansman and she dies - permadeath. Now its the Sentinel Lillith that gets Crit Strike and nothing can do enough damage to offset that. The Destiny set just doesn't cause me nearly as much issues.

stormseye-8121

Those buffs to Rainmaker sound nice. But I'm wondering what the arena has become if he's getting a buff that gets rid of gold icons?

OS
    iOS
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormseye View Post
    Prisoner seal as stopped the Destiny set from populating
    Seal is not supposed to do that seal was supposed to affect abilities not talismans effects or that’s what I thought, I’ll try seal later

OS
    iOS
    Arena is so busted in terms of buffs I don't know where to start Buffs not appearing, appearing when they shouldn't... toons doing things they shouldn't be doing without a buff (toons reviving with no Immortality anywhere to be seen)... Buffs appearing AFTER a debuff has been applied and removing the debuff (stun with Prisoner, PI miraculously appears AFTER the hit and removes the stun)...

It's quite comical.
    -----------------------------
    CLANLESS
    All there is in this app is to spend money or collect yet more frags... entirely pointless and unfulfilling..

OS
    iOS
    Quote Originally Posted by BonFire View Post
    Those buffs to Rainmaker sound nice. But I'm wondering what the arena has become if he's getting a buff that gets rid of gold icons?
    It's becomes Golden Buff central. Don't expect any Rare Gunner/Assassin souls in your weekly reward unless you are running Primordials. He still has to survive the Crit Strike, Immortality, Perfect Immunity character plus have Exhaust,Seal and perfect corruption on himself and I don't see him having over 40khp even on the best of days. There will be as much an impact as Beast Eddie made. Minimal at best.

stormseye-8121

OS
    Android
    I have made a reasonable attempt at checking skill changes to Rain Maker and Run to the Hills Eddie the others I haven't yet.
    But when they change a characters skill I imagine they keep in mind that many troopers have already placed skill shards in them, they would never change a character skill that would compromise skill shards someone has invested in a character would they?
    Or change the number of skill shards that character holds?
    People could be playing what they believe is a fully skill sharded character only to find out they were short one or two or worse still had them removed from their character....

From what I can see RM Eddie and RTTH's Eddie this does not apply, but I wondered if it has ever happened...?
    Out of the universe, a strange light is born
    Unholy union, trinity reformed....

Proud Member of the Jomsvikings Clan