Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    OS
    Android

Great PVE Eddies?

I'd like some help from the masters of the game. Which of these Eddies are good for PVE, the best at farming the Campaign, LoL and the Gardens? I have several eddies in line to power to 5*

i have:
    Hallowed 5*
    Carriage Rider 5*
    Pharaoh 4*
    Soldier 4*
    Aces High 4*xxxxxxxxx
    Speed of Light 4*
    Holy Smokes 4*
    Wickerman 4*
    Mummy 3*
    I'm trying to level up Eddies to get 5* of each class, so I'm not focused on pvp. Thanks!!!

Edit 28 July 18. Not Aces Eddie. Tailgunner Eddie 5*, no shards.
    Last edited by Truppe; 07-28-2018 at 06:38 PM.

OS
    iOS
    Pharaoh is you best bet out of those.

Aces can be okay and so can SOL if you have Skill Shards applied.

Really GRE is better than all those in many cases. In my experience Hallowed, Carriage Rider, Holy Smokes, Wickerman, Mummy, and Soldier are all relatively worthless given their current abilities. The only time they are useful is if you need some specific ability for some specific achievement.

Ideally Navigator, Beast, Iron, Alex, and PoM are great farming Eddies for anywhere because they are multi-target hitters.
    -----------------------------
    CLANLESS
    All there is in this app is to spend money or collect yet more frags... entirely pointless and unfulfilling..

Senior Member The Educated fool's Avatar
    OS
    Android
    I would tend to agree with Yup: multi-hitters are the way to go, for farming. Personally, I find the team of SoL and Magus Undead Rescuer very effective for general farming duties. FOTD is another good choice, if you can snag him, as well as those Yup mentioned. Failing those though, Soldier is a solid multi-hitter at 5*s. I've never sharded mine, but I know a lot of folks did. In all though, of your choices, I'd definitely develop Speed of Light... he is, chronically, the most underrated Eddie in the game, in my humble opinion. Them's my two cents.
    EducatedFool-1193

MOFO 4 LIFE!

You know it's not only madmen who listen to Fools

OS
    Android
    And i stopped developing SoL. I've really messed up this leveling. It's just a ton of info on the forums to follow and too many variables.... I have definitely observed of late the criticality of AOE in farming and my repetitive failures, hence my post....

OS
    Android
    Thank you both very much!!!! its so frustrating because i jumped from developing Pharaoh to sharding Soldier about amonth ago. I just wasted 8 shards in the last few weeks.... I got the sentinel pack with ironite yesterday and decided to use it for Pharaoh, who is now lvl 95. Should i switch my Trooper Eddie back to Pharaoh? Troopers have been using my CRE and Rainmaker, though.

Thanks again!

OS
    Android
    Keep listening to the Educated Fool and Yup their both "Masters of the game" LOL
    I say that in jest but if I had to fall on two guys to help me out on the sophistications of the game you couldn't be in better hands truthfully..
    Good luck with it, if you need a hand getting through missions send me a trooper request.
    Cheers rags
    Out of the universe, a strange light is born
    Unholy union, trinity reformed....

Proud Member of the Jomsvikings Clan

OS
    Android
    For Aces I'd recommend Force and Strike Talismans if you got them. Not foolproof, but having a shield and also hitting back when you get hit (at least sometimes) definitely helps with a single hitter.
    Cef-6313
    "To summarise the summary of the summary: people are a problem" - Douglas Adams

Clan - Frogs of War

OS
    Android
    The day you find navigator eddie the game become way easier, give him skill shard and chance talismans (for crit) and you won't use almost any other eddie for farming PVE.
    Grim-8797

OS
    iOS
    Angel and Strike work well on Aces too.

And I had forgotten about FotD Ed.. he can be a decent farming Eddie. Although I find him kinds of slow overall. Maybe it's me but his moves seems to take longer than average. Visions can also be a decent farming Eddie, especially in BNW. Although not quite as good as Navigator, Iron, Beast, PoM...

I actually have Soldier Ed almost fully sharded (one ability has zero shards because of the "random" application of skill shards, but all other abilities are full power). He's a decent single-target hitter, but just not up to farming really. At least for me.
    CLANLESS
    All there is in this app is to spend money or collect yet more frags... entirely pointless and unfulfilling..

OS
    Android
    I use Navigator almost for anything, when going to PvE i only switch them on Gardens or Event Challenges, like Rainmaker for GoD and Samurai for GoL.
    Navigator is the way to go talking about farm, i see the Farming team as : Navigator, Magus Rescuer and AoF/GCotD.
    I actually don't have the Rescuer because i didn't reach the needed things on his event, so im just looking for him now because is on common souls as other toons.
    If you don't have Navigator just save some G/A souls from sacrifices or fragments, almost 10 or 20, then throw them one after another one expecting just for luck.

Before navigator and other Eddies i used to go with SoL which was my first Eddie, he is a little weak but all his attacks are for all the enemies, also his AI is decent.
    That in combination with popular multihitters makes a good farming team, if you farm fast you don't need HP so you can go for full damage in maps that you trust. That until you get better characters to move throug more rewarded missions.

Thats what i did, i didn't have almost any of the Eddies i have now 5 months ago, i played with upgraded 3* and some 4* toons only, until the last events where i have pulled a lot of new toons.

Good luck
    _______________________________Icarus-6959
    __________________________ Beast Eddie (MAXED)
    _____________I left the game [Feel free to remove me as a trooper]

________________________Don't you think I'm a savior?
    ________________________Don't you think I could save you?
    ________________________Don't you think I could save your life?..._______...(repeat 666 times)